• toadliquor

★★★★½ Added by toadliquor

19 years after being discharged from Vietnam, a mailman starts having strange hallucinations and dreams.

I've been seeing this flick pop up a lot recently in my stream, and it occurred to me that I haven't watched this in quite some time. I don't know why either. I loved this movie when I first saw it, but besides maybe one other time, I never watched it again. Which is a shame because I love this flick!

While I've been seeing…

• Kevin Matthews

★★★½ Rewatched by Kevin Matthews 22 Apr, 2016

Jacob's Ladder is one of those movies that I missed when it first came out. And I didn't catch it until approximately fifteen years. I appreciate that many other movies came and went in that time that were influenced by this one, but I've still never quite loved it as much as many other horror fans. It's a good film, don't get me wrong, and the cast is a wonderful one. It's just never as horrifying or downright eerie as…

• Arch F

★★★★★ Rewatched by Arch F 25 Apr, 2016

And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat.
    -Luke 22:31

That is perhaps my favorite verse. I think it sums up the entire Bible. It describes how someone becomes weak (Simon would deny knowing Jesus three times), but also, depending on your perspective, how someone can become strong (Simon would be later called Peter, meaning "rock").

The first time I watched this movie, I thought it was brilliant…

• bree1981

★★★★½ Rewatched by bree1981 22 Apr, 2016 2

Dead By Dawn 2016 Film # 3

A haunting and at times horrific look a man suffering from PTSD. Our film follows Jacob Singer, a Vietnam War veteran who has returned to New York and back to civilian life with several demons in tow. He suffers from nightmares, experiences paranoid delusions and has fractured memories of what happened to him during the war. Desperate to put his life back together, he tries to piece together the missing part of his…

• Andrew van Buuren

★★★★½ Watched by Andrew van Buuren 20 Apr, 2016

At various times during this movie I thought I was watching an exploration of PTSD. Other times I thought it was a paranoid thriller. Other times a horror movie. Then I thought it was a drama about an existential crisis.

In the end, I'm not really sure if it is one of these, none of them or all of them. All I know is that I liked it a lot.

• Javier

★★★★★ Watched by Javier 20 Apr, 2016

This movie has pioneered horror and influenced some of the best stuff to come after it. Thank you Adrian Lyne

• Pretiacruento

★★★★★ Rewatched by Pretiacruento 11 Apr, 2016

If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

• Goremaster

★½ Added by Goremaster

Drama, war movie and thriller mixed together in a blender. I tried to swallow it but I spat.

• David Aitchison

★★★★ Watched by David Aitchison 26 Mar, 2016

QualityApeMan’s Ridiculous 2016 Horror Challenge!

Day 86: Jacob's Ladder - 1990

A Vietnam war veteran starts experiencing bizarre demonic visions and slowly slides into a state of delirium and paranoia.

This is possibly a hugely underrated gem of the 90s (I rarely ever hear anyone mention it anyway). Great acting (with the exception of Elizabeth Pena), involving storyline, deep in mystery, and with a great ending. Watch it now if you haven't already!

• WrightOnTarget

★★★★★ Added by WrightOnTarget

Hello, welcome once again to No Bullshit Reviews, where I may just drop the intro starting next review. Today I'm going to be recommending a very creepy movie by the name of Jacob's Ladder, the info is all on the page you're reading this on, so I won't be redundant. What I will do is tell you a couple reasons why you should watch this.

First off, it's very scary. In my years since 2002, I've become a bit of…

• Adam_Zanzie

★★★★ Added by Adam_Zanzie

A sad and haunting performance by Tim Robbins makes this perhaps the best movie of Adrian Lyne's uneven career.

Also, Elizabeth Peña (RIP) sure was sexy way back when.

• Hannah