• Timothy Semenza

★★★★ Watched by Timothy Semenza 02 Feb, 2014

Still one of my favorite horror movies of all time. Some of the effects are a bit flakey-looking, but overall excellent. Its influence is immeasurable, yet so few people know about the film.

Watched with Ben and Chris.

• Ryan Gelley

★★★★ Rewatched by Ryan Gelley 26 Sep, 2014

A brilliant Cronenbergian psychological mindbender AND a powerful endorsement of increased treatment services for veterans with PTSD, because geez.

• Fredrik Fyhr

★★★★ Watched by Fredrik Fyhr 24 Sep, 2014

Somewhat pointless but very cleverly made psycho-mystery that really seems before its time today where each and every thriller seems to be about the possible insanity of the protagonist. About two thirds of the story is an intriguing "WTF is going on"-ride, then it runs into problems with talkiness and exposition - but it is redeemed by the resolution, certifying that this is a strong film - not so much in what it is about but how it's about it.…

• Charlie

★★★★½ Added by Charlie

I don't know what's scarier, demons or the government.

• Jeremy Doyle

★★½ Watched by Jeremy Doyle 13 Sep, 2014

Disappointed in this movie. I've always read about it on lists of horror movies to watch and it didn't deliver for me. The plot was weird and scares were very little. I can think of two scenes that came close to being creepy.

• russman

★★★★ Watched by russman 08 Sep, 2014

I wouldn't want George Costanza as my lawyer

• apollo

★★★½ Watched by apollo 06 Sep, 2014

Parts of it are indescribably disturbing and at first, it builds up a very real sense of paranoia and breakdown, but then the non-horror sections start to border on dull, and the horror is interspersed too sparsely. It's a very frustrating film. With a punchier and tauter script and tighter, snappier editing it could have been a bonafide masterpiece, but it's too inconsistent, tonally and structurally, to pack the punch it clearly aspires to.

Despite problems like these, though, it…

• Coalton Ross

★★ Watched by Coalton Ross 28 Aug, 2014

This film disappointed me heavily. I think the main issue I had with it was that it was just paced too slowly and felt dull for me. Some of the imagery is horrifying and insanely grotesque, but the film felt like a really disturbing drama moreso than a horror film at times, especially in the beginning. It's not what I expected, but not in a good way.

• ashively

★★★ Watched by ashively 11 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Aaron

Added by Aaron

i really don't like this film. and i really don't like tim robbins.

• anthonyg8989

★★★½ Watched by anthonyg8989 12 Aug, 2014

A great horror movie for its time. Movies that have followed definitely took some away from this one. Haunting images and the final shot turned this average horror into a very good movie.

• ElleHepburn

★★★★★ Watched by ElleHepburn 14 Aug, 2014

Jacob's Ladder is definitely one of the best psychological thrillers out there. It's creepy, frightening, mysterious, impressive and magnificent. A masterpiece of the genre.