• Amanda Kosciousko

★★★ Added by Amanda Kosciousko

uhhh UUUUHHHH

• Ryland Dinneen

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ryland Dinneen 21 Nov, 2015 1

The kind of film that digs a little hole in your head where it sits for about a week or so, constantly bothering you with questions you cant answer and thoughts you cant really comprehend.

Ah man. This is a criminally underrated masterpiece of surrealist horror. Do the world a favour and tell your friends about this film. Do not let it be forgotten by the world.

• coolkidselena

★★★★½ Rewatched by coolkidselena 19 Nov, 2015

You can see why the infamous Silent Hill franchise was based off this movie, it's SUPER GOOD. Strong sense of visual storytelling and well-weaved themes make this a timeless narrative.

• stereochromatic

★★½ Added by stereochromatic

I have a hard time figuring out where to place this film. The first time I saw it I was getting pretty into how disturbing it was. But then the movie ruins itself at the end with all that weird Macaulay Culkin stuff, which I had pushed out of my mind when I had an opportunity to watch it again years later. All I remembered was the weirdness and the distorted reality and the craziness and then again at the end I just wanted to punch something.

• Daniel Charchuk

★★★★★ Rewatched by Daniel Charchuk 27 Jul, 2007

I just watched it again and my opinion of it shot up. It's very, very haunting, not just in the scary scenes but everywhere else. The hospital sequence is probably in my top five scary scenes ever.

• panvaneer

★★★½ Watched by panvaneer 14 Nov, 2015

A disorientating strangeness caught on film.

• Warriors

★★★★ Added by Warriors

Tim Robbins as an war veteran was not an obvious choice, but he did OK - a traumatic experience was the Vietnam war, but we all knew that - it is meticulously written out and that's a special thing to see.

• Robert Joseph Schneider

★★★★ Watched by Robert Joseph Schneider 10 Nov, 2015 1

Watching this as an adult (technically) it is nowhere near as subtle as I thought it was at ten. Still really good though.

• Serrano

★★★★ Rewatched by Serrano 31 Oct, 2015

elizabeth pena is so freaking hot in this, if not for the 2 liter pop bottle made of penis between his legs, tim robbins would have no chance with her.

• Andy

★★★ Added by Andy

Grande film!

• Taylor Kimmett

★★★ Watched by Taylor Kimmett 01 Nov, 2015

If this is to be considered a horror film, then it broke the golden rule: never provide all the answers. To be frank though, that rule should apply to any film. Nevertheless, this one breaks the rule and suffers for it. Not only is everything tied up in a neat little bow (not exactly pretty or positive plot-wise), but there are simply too many angles and issues being addressed here: PTSD, government conspiracy, theological ideas, et al. I couldn't help…

• Shrabster

★★½ Added by Shrabster

Bayonets to the chest are a hell of a drug.