• russman

★★★★ Watched by russman 08 Sep, 2014

I wouldn't want George Costanza as my lawyer

• apollo

★★★½ Watched by apollo 06 Sep, 2014

Parts of it are indescribably disturbing and at first, it builds up a very real sense of paranoia and breakdown, but then the non-horror sections start to border on dull, and the horror is interspersed too sparsely. It's a very frustrating film. With a punchier and tauter script and tighter, snappier editing it could have been a bonafide masterpiece, but it's too inconsistent, tonally and structurally, to pack the punch it clearly aspires to.

Despite problems like these, though, it…

• Coalton Ross

★★ Watched by Coalton Ross 28 Aug, 2014

This film disappointed me heavily. I think the main issue I had with it was that it was just paced too slowly and felt dull for me. Some of the imagery is horrifying and insanely grotesque, but the film felt like a really disturbing drama moreso than a horror film at times, especially in the beginning. It's not what I expected, but not in a good way.

• ashively

★★★ Watched by ashively 11 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Aaron

Added by Aaron

i really don't like this film. and i really don't like tim robbins.

• anthonyg8989

★★★½ Watched by anthonyg8989 12 Aug, 2014

A great horror movie for its time. Movies that have followed definitely took some away from this one. Haunting images and the final shot turned this average horror into a very good movie.

• ElleHepburn

★★★★★ Watched by ElleHepburn 14 Aug, 2014

Jacob's Ladder is definitely one of the best psychological thrillers out there. It's creepy, frightening, mysterious, impressive and magnificent. A masterpiece of the genre.

• Braindead

★★★ Watched by Braindead 10 Aug, 2014

I had heard great things about Jacob’s Ladder, but it ended up being a disappointment. The initial scenes were very promising (the subway one is great) and Tim Robbins is the right guy for the role, but eventually the film becomes an inconsistent mess (I would say that the bathtub scene is the turning point), that seems to make things up as it goes along to keep the spectator interested. The scenes that are meant to be creepy or scary…

• mikemath3

★★★½ Added by mikemath3

Liked it.

• Hanco

★★★★ Watched by Hanco 06 Aug, 2014

Well crafted, impressive movie!

• sschuster

★★★★ Added by sschuster

Watched on Netflix.

• Juan Carlos R.L.

★★★★ Rewatched by Juan Carlos R.L. 27 Jul, 2014

De culto absoluto, tanto por la estética del Nueva York decadente como los debrayes a la Silent Hill: la secuencia del manicomio es hermosa. Arrancaban bien los 90's.