• ChasingTheDawn

★★★★ Added by ChasingTheDawn

Man this film is weird. And actually pretty freaky.

• Reed Gill

★★★ Watched by Reed Gill 30 Nov, 2014

(6.2/10)
    Good concept, but kinda falls apart under scrutiny. Really well-made and intriguing movie but I was hoping for more.

• Thorin Mofdaat

★★★★ Added by Thorin Mofdaat 3

It hurts my brain and my brain is already hurting. Good job. Fuck off. What a load of shit. Good movie.

• Free Vodka

★★★½ Added by Free Vodka

funny that the only decent silent hill movie came way before the first game

• Jason

★★½ Watched by Jason 16 Nov, 2014

Pretty good.

• Colton B.

★★★★ Rewatched by Colton B. 16 Nov, 2014

Upon rewatching Jacob's Ladder, I found that I liked it even more. It's one of those perfect films you could put on in the early morning of a Saturday or Sunday.

I've always been a big Silent Hill fan. When I was younger and found out that the video game series had drawn inspiration from this movie, I immediately set out to watch it. If you were to combine the stories of Silent Hill: Homecoming, and the "bad" ending of…

• Adrian Zachow

★★★ Rewatched by Adrian Zachow 26 May, 2013

Adrian Lyne's psychological thriller is unique, intriguing, and for the most part filled with memorably disturbing images, appropriately seedy settings, and a dreadful sense of paranoia. It is also rather slow moving, choosing to keep going for long after it becomes clear what the film's twist is. Jacob Singer is a Vietnam soldier who suffers from demonic hallucinations since his return from Vietnam. His story is interpersed with flashbacks from a Vietnam drug induced massacre in which he was wounded. Tim Robbins brooding performance as Jacob is effective, as is Jeffrey L. Kimball's striking cinematography.

• iceberrie

★★★ Rewatched by iceberrie 01 Nov, 2014

I saw it a long time ago, with my dorm roomies. Back then, this film was quite impressive. Yes, the first two parts are quite decent and awesome at times, but as soon as the exposition scenes come along, it gets really generic. What a shame.

• C. Hagen Radick

★★★★ Rewatched by C. Hagen Radick 01 Nov, 2014

Not as freaky as I'd remembered, but still a damn good movie.

• Ross Birks

★★★★½ Watched by Ross Birks 29 Oct, 2014

I've been wanting to watch Jacob's Ladder for close to ten years now (ever since hearing Shane Meadows talk fondly about it on the Dead Man's Shoes audio commentary) but I've never known much about it. Turns out this is the best way to experience Adrian Lyne's terrific nightmare. Maybe the film's mysteries aren't as unexpected now (I guessed what was really going on about ten minutes in) but it doesn't dilute the film's impact any. The film is a…

• Asko

★★★★ Watched by Asko 01 Nov, 2014

Već drugi film zaredom koji gledam od Tima Robbinsa i, nakon fenomenalnog Iskupljenja iz Šošanka, i ovaj put je u pitanju odličan film. Jacob's Ladder je psihološki triller sa elementima horrora, dosta dobro napisane priče u kojoj zaista do zadnje scene u filmu nećete biti sigurni da znate šta se dovraga događa. Tim Robbins glumi ratnog veterana koji se nakon Vijetnama bori sa postratnim sindromom, barem ćete to svi pomislit na početku. Međutim, istina je drugačija i mnogo mračnija. Kao…

• Maarten Janssens

★★★★ Rewatched by Maarten Janssens 30 Oct, 2014

Still a potent fuel for nightmares.