• Benjamin Larkin

★★★★½ Watched by Benjamin Larkin 26 Feb, 2015

THIS MOVIE IS FUCKED UP. Seriously fucked up. It's also quite emotional, something you might not expect from a movie this dark and terrifying. It's a bleak, bitter tale, and serves as a good companion piece to the real-life drugs the U.S. military put the soldiers on. The acting is surprisingly well-performed from Robbins and his peers, and the visions Jacob goes through WILL disturb you just as much as they disturb him (well, hopefully not THAT much). I would…

• Jez Meyer

★★★★ Added by Jez Meyer

Lyne took Rubin's phenomenal script and ran with it, creating a kaleidoscopic maelstrom of angels and demons in Cold War New York. A challenging movie that has more to do with Tibetan Buddhism than Vietnam or experimental drugs, Jacob's Ladder takes some unraveling but the result is more than worth the effort.

• Bungloid

★★½ Watched by Bungloid 21 Feb, 2015

So sad to rewatch a childhood favorite and realize how bad it is. Still some creepy images but man the dialogue is atrocious. And constant.

• Bobby Karmi

★★ Watched by Bobby Karmi 01 Mar, 2014

An ambitious movie that almost works, but sort of falls apart (not because of intention), but because I didn't care. In the hands of a better director for this kind of material (after someone brought it up, I haven't been able to get David Lynch out of mind as the preferred choice) this might've been a masterpiece, rather than a disappointing waste of a lot of ideas that it doesn't know what to deal with. The acting is so so,…

• schneiderist

★★★★ Watched by schneiderist 13 Feb, 2015

Heart's still racing. Nothing else to add.

• Colin Rinehart

★★★★★ Rewatched by Colin Rinehart 12 Feb, 2015

A visceral, haunting nightmare that turns into a beautiful dream. Surreal, unnerving, tragic, and emotional.

• Patrick

★★★★ Watched by Patrick 10 Feb, 2015

I wasn't afraid of dying before seeing this movie.. Now, I'm not so sure.

• Lee Towler

★★★ Watched by Lee Towler 06 Feb, 2015

I remember when I was utterly terrified of horror movies. Through my early teenage years I completely refused to watch anything even slightly reminiscent of horror because I was under the notion they freaked me out so much.

When it comes down to it though, there's only one thing (that comes to mind at least) that scared the tits off me; long haired ghost girl...fuckers. Those things. Like the dropped-down-the-well chick from The Ring, or the ghost from A Tale…

• maximumjake

★★★½ Added by maximumjake

Probably the closest thing to a decent Silent Hill movie we'll ever get.

• Gonzo

Cinematography: ★★★★★
    Sound: ★★★★
    Mistreated Veterans: ★★★★★

What I Learned:
    The government can do whatever they want to whomever they want with no oversight or repercussions or even a discussion

• deadmanramsey

★★★★ Added by deadmanramsey

79/100

• Felipe Nicéas

★★★★★ Added by Felipe Nicéas

Tomei conhecimento desse filme através de um livro que possuo (1001 Filmes para ver Antes de Morrer), resolvi correr atrás e não me arrependi. Já gostava de alguns trabalhos de Adrian Lyne (Atração Fatal e Infidelidade) e me surpreendi com o roteiro do filme aliada a boa atuação de Tim Robbins. O filme é instigante, repleto de imagens incríveis, um trabalho notável e infelizmente subestimado. Possuo o Dvd do filme e recomendo!