• gregorsamsa

★★★★★ Rewatched by gregorsamsa 01 Nov, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Gotta love the philosophical implications.

• Matt

★★★ Watched by Matt 28 Apr, 2015

Well-made, creepy 90s thriller that I actually think is a better film without its twist ending. Maybe if I had seen the film when it first came out, it would have blown me away more but I think it should have ended on a more ambiguous note. Tim Robbins is great in the lead and I love a good supernatural/conspiracy thriller but the third act really let me down. I would love to see a director's cut after reading about all the things filmed and edited out that would have made it scarier/creepier.

• Christian Sweda

★★★½ Rewatched by Christian Sweda 27 Apr, 2015

Devils are really Angels.

• Colin George

★★★★ Rewatched by Colin George 26 Apr, 2015

A better Silent Hill film than any of the Silent Hill films.

R.I.P.T.

• Patrick

★★ Watched by Patrick 24 Apr, 2015

Um...ok this wasn't bad, but wasn't great either. Could kind of guess what was going to happen within the first half hour. My 2 star review is less of a reflection of the movie and more a reflection of how bored I got with it. I feel like there was a lot of potential here that didn't really get noticed

• Rosie

★★★★½ Watched by Rosie 24 Apr, 2015

BIZARRO

• B Henrique

★★★★★ Watched by B Henrique 19 Apr, 2015

Ist (lysergic) krieg

• HP_Lovecat

★★★★ Watched by HP_Lovecat 20 Apr, 2015 1

This is the best Silent Hill movie ever.

• marlonn

★★★★ Added by marlonn

queria que a tal "escada" do título nao se referisse a uma escada mesmo, mas o filme é bom

• yousef mousa

★★★★ Watched by yousef mousa 17 Apr, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

It grabbed me tightly due to it's horror and mystery. Jacob's Ladder is a staircase to heaven that the biblical Jacob dreams about, and this explains perfectly the ending which was ideal. Throughout the film the plot was a dream that dreamed by Jacob Singer and to get to heaven he has to make peace with all what he has done, " If you have made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth ".…

• David Gutierrez

★★½ Added by David Gutierrez

I honestly can't remember it very well aside from the fact that I found this psychological thriller confusing and boring.

• Rob Clough

★★★★ Watched by Rob Clough 06 Apr, 2015

It's been a long time coming, years and years sitting on the mental shelf. Scared off by the promise of a 'psychological thriller'. The kind of stuff that get's in your head and rootles about. I don't know. I've Mulholland Drive'd, so nothing should shake me too much

Its a shame that the 'trope' so to speak has been troddon so many times... some better than others: Memento, Inception, Perfect Blue, The list goes on. And it's odd to think…