• Luke

★★★½ Watched by Luke 25 Aug, 2014

This turned out to be a pretty good docu, very encouraging and inspiring. Even these guys say some sea creatures are harder and harder to come by because of over fishing. Businesses should balance profit with preserving natural resources and ecosystems. And always strive to improve your craft.

• missenota

★★★★½ Watched by missenota 24 Aug, 2014

Real insight and lots of hard work. This is heartwarming and appetite-inducing. A pleasure to watch!

• Ocho

Watched by Ocho 24 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Eduardo Insaurriaga

★★★★ Watched by Eduardo Insaurriaga 23 Aug, 2014

Realmente impressionante ver a motivação e o engajamento do mestre japonês em seu ofício. Um exemplo vivo da eterna busca pela excelência. A fotografia, os enquadramentos e as tomadas são como sushi: icônicos, destacados, harmoniosos. Muito dos valores da cultura japonesa estão representados neste documentário, mas o que mais impressiona realmente é a relação de Jiro com sua ambição maior, que é a manufatura perfeita, a humildade de reconhecer a necessidade da eterna prática e de sempre enxergar margem para aperfeiçoar suas técnicas. Uma aula de profissionalismo.

• Abel G.C.

★★★★½ Watched by Abel G.C. 17 Aug, 2014

I wasn't expecting this to be so pretty when I began to watch it. I had heard about Jiro Ono before and his restaurant and I was always puzzled about why it was such a big deal, but this documentary helped me understand it.

This man is not a cook, he's an artisan. I was impressed by his attitude, the only thing he cares about is sushi and he doesn't seem to be bothered by anything else.

Most of this…

• Cole Gallagher

★★★½ Watched by Cole Gallagher 11 Aug, 2014

Made me reevaluate my entire work ethic.

• Hanco

★★★★ Watched by Hanco 10 Aug, 2014

Easy to watch documentary of a 85-year-old Japanese cook who dedicated his life to making sushi. Even if you don't like sushi, you'll like this one.

• Maya

★★★★ Watched by Maya 04 Aug, 2014

A symphony of great scoring, near-entrancing (albeit heavy-handed at certain times) cinematography with the talented, humble, devoted and admirable sushi artisan Jiro Ono's life and work as its conductor. I can only wish to have even a shred of his passion for what he does. Truly amazing.

• Henrik Wilhelmsson

★★★★ Watched by Henrik Wilhelmsson 02 Aug, 2014

I'm hungry

• Joel Williams

★★★★ Watched by Joel Williams 01 Aug, 2014

"After ten years, they let you cook the eggs."

This is the level of passion that Jiro Ono, an 85 year-old sushi shokunin takes with his small sushi restaurant located in Tokyo. The film shows Jiro in his restaurant along with his oldest son and their apprentices. It also shows Jiro's younger son (who worked for his father before opening a separate branch of the restaurant in another location of Tokyo.)

There is true art on what Jiro does with…

• butterworth

Watched by butterworth 30 Jul, 2014

Me da igual la comida de autor, me tocan los huevos las estrellas Michelín, Ferrán Adriá me cae mal. Pero ver a este señor hacer sushi es una experiencia hipnótica. Es el triunfo de la paciencia, el camino de la perfección, el samurai tranquilo...

No vuelvo a tomar cutre sushi de buffet en mi puta vida.

• theivypattern

★★★★ Watched by theivypattern 26 Jul, 2014

Gave me a new love for the art of sushi.