• Steve Nixon

★★★★ Watched by Steve Nixon 27 Sep, 2014

Possibly the best documentary I've ever seen and I don't like sushi

• xAbhishek

★★★½ Watched by xAbhishek 25 Sep, 2014

Japan is mouth watering. Jiro explains life lessons and his desire for precisene culinary perfection.

• paulovmaya

★★★★ Watched by paulovmaya 26 Sep, 2014

Amazing.

• Thomas Williams

★★★★½ Added by Thomas Williams

I highly dislike seafood, fish and all other foods that swim but I was so enamored by Jiro Dreams of Sushi that I now completely understand the love others have of sushi.

It is a short (81 minutes) and simple documentary about Jiro Ono, an 85 year-old sushi chef in his own restaurant located in Tokyo's Ginza subway station. Jiro loves what he does ... and doesn't know if he'll ever retire although he admits he will one day leave…

• Teresa Silva

★★★★★ Watched by Teresa Silva 17 Sep, 2014

Let's be real, got a bit emotional over sushi there.

• elias1026

★★★★★ Watched by elias1026 14 Sep, 2014

MOVIE A DAY FOR A YEAR - DAY 169

Jiro Dreams of Sushi is one of the most heartfelt and most earnest documentaries I've ever seen. It is a portrait of a man whom we should all strive to be more like. Not much else can be said, other than you should not watch this sweet little film on an empty stomach.

• alexisaurus

★★★★½ Watched by alexisaurus 14 Sep, 2014

This made my heart hurt almost as much as Tarzan, and for much the same reason. I wish life could be like this.

• Coriden Bryant

★★★★½ Watched by Coriden Bryant 06 Sep, 2014

Absolutely fascinating. I now want to have sushi. I highly recommend watching this documentary.

• Stephen Osborne

★★★★ Watched by Stephen Osborne 06 Sep, 2014

Ostensibly, this is what it says on the tin. Jiro dreams of sushi. And he tells us as much.

I like sushi, but i also like lamb chops. And good wine. I'm not very keen on trifle. But if Jiro was talking about dedicating the past 75 years of his life to any of these food types, or even non food types, if Jiro was a financial auditor, I would find his story compelling.

It is a story about elevating…

• drpritch

★★★ Watched by drpritch 01 Jul, 2013

Low key, calm, and pleasant.

• Sebastian Borrazas

★★★★★ Watched by Sebastian Borrazas 07 Mar, 2013

This is by far the most inspiring movie ever made. A great example which should be taken by most people from the western society.

• von Hemert

★★★ Added by von Hemert

i just wanted to watch a movie about food