• Marco Pastuovic

★★★½ Added by Marco Pastuovic

Intelligent, but too long. Some parts fail to connect with the viewer, others are just brillant. It looks better than most of the documentarys with a similar topic or locations.

• Neil Martin

★★★★ Watched by Neil Martin 22 Nov, 2015

Fascinating and bewitching portrait of a master craftsman. I don't even like fish and it had me salivating.

• Christine Ko

★★★★ Watched by Christine Ko 22 Nov, 2015

How does one truly understand another person's true love for something, or for someone? How does one explain a life of dedication to a craft, that to the uneducated eye, may seem like a simple fact of life? Sushi is one such thing; it exists in every country, in convenience stores, in cafeterias. It's a very simple dish that best represents Japanese cuisine to the foreigner. But to Jiro, it is his way of life. The reason for his existence.…

• Steven Cohen

★★★★ Rewatched by Steven Cohen 04 Sep, 2015

A combination of Frederick Wiseman's procedure docs and the personal touch of Errol Morris, Jiro Dreams of Sushi is an excellent profile of a man who put his work above everything else. The only real problem is the music, which almost never matches up with what's happening on screen.

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★★½ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)

• Cameron Clarke

★★★★½ Watched by Cameron Clarke 06 Nov, 2015

I am sad that I will never be as good at anything as Jiro is at making sushi.

• Mike P

★★★ Watched by Mike P 01 Sep, 2012

There's a slight chance that Jiro is a real dick.

• Ned Gilmore

★★★★★ Watched by Ned Gilmore 30 Oct, 2015

Compelling documentary that touches on a huge number of themes, from mastery of a discipline to succession planning to Japanese culture and history and environmentalism.

All from the perspective of running the best sushi business in the world.

• Garrett Coakley

★★★★ Watched by Garrett Coakley 29 Oct, 2015

A fascinating look at dedication to a craft. Don't watch if you're hungry.

• jerry hudson

★★★★ Added by jerry hudson

brilliant documentary. grow to know and understand jiro and respect his dedication.. though hard to small restaurant in Tokyo subway station could be worth $350 a plate.

• Daniel O'Raw

★★★★ Watched by Daniel O'Raw 17 Oct, 2015

A rather beautiful documentary about a man dedicated to making sushi and running the best sushi restaurant in the world in a train station in Tokyo. It's a fascinating study of Jiro and his passion, and of family since his two sons got into the business too and are helping to carry on their father's legacy. I loved it, Jiro is a legend.

• Liana M

★★★★ Watched by Liana M 11 Oct, 2015

I will never look at fish the same way again.