• elias1026

★★★★★ Watched by elias1026 14 Sep, 2014

MOVIE A DAY FOR A YEAR - DAY 169

Jiro Dreams of Sushi is one of the most heartfelt and most earnest documentaries I've ever seen. It is a portrait of a man whom we should all strive to be more like. Not much else can be said, other than you should not watch this sweet little film on an empty stomach.

• alexisaurus

★★★★½ Watched by alexisaurus 14 Sep, 2014

This made my heart hurt almost as much as Tarzan, and for much the same reason. I wish life could be like this.

• Coriden Bryant

★★★★½ Watched by Coriden Bryant 06 Sep, 2014

Absolutely fascinating. I now want to have sushi. I highly recommend watching this documentary.

• Stephen Osborne

★★★★ Watched by Stephen Osborne 06 Sep, 2014

Ostensibly, this is what it says on the tin. Jiro dreams of sushi. And he tells us as much.

I like sushi, but i also like lamb chops. And good wine. I'm not very keen on trifle. But if Jiro was talking about dedicating the past 75 years of his life to any of these food types, or even non food types, if Jiro was a financial auditor, I would find his story compelling.

It is a story about elevating…

• drpritch

★★★ Watched by drpritch 01 Jul, 2013

Low key, calm, and pleasant.

• Sebastian Borrazas

★★★★★ Watched by Sebastian Borrazas 07 Mar, 2013

This is by far the most inspiring movie ever made. A great example which should be taken by most people from the western society.

• von Hemert

★★★ Added by von Hemert

i just wanted to watch a movie about food

• Luke

★★★½ Watched by Luke 25 Aug, 2014

This turned out to be a pretty good docu, very encouraging and inspiring. Even these guys say some sea creatures are harder and harder to come by because of over fishing. Businesses should balance profit with preserving natural resources and ecosystems. And always strive to improve your craft.

• missenota

★★★★½ Watched by missenota 24 Aug, 2014

Real insight and lots of hard work. This is heartwarming and appetite-inducing. A pleasure to watch!

• Ocho

Watched by Ocho 24 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Eduardo Insaurriaga

★★★★ Watched by Eduardo Insaurriaga 23 Aug, 2014

Realmente impressionante ver a motivação e o engajamento do mestre japonês em seu ofício. Um exemplo vivo da eterna busca pela excelência. A fotografia, os enquadramentos e as tomadas são como sushi: icônicos, destacados, harmoniosos. Muito dos valores da cultura japonesa estão representados neste documentário, mas o que mais impressiona realmente é a relação de Jiro com sua ambição maior, que é a manufatura perfeita, a humildade de reconhecer a necessidade da eterna prática e de sempre enxergar margem para aperfeiçoar suas técnicas. Uma aula de profissionalismo.

• Abel G.C.

★★★★½ Watched by Abel G.C. 17 Aug, 2014

I wasn't expecting this to be so pretty when I began to watch it. I had heard about Jiro Ono before and his restaurant and I was always puzzled about why it was such a big deal, but this documentary helped me understand it.

This man is not a cook, he's an artisan. I was impressed by his attitude, the only thing he cares about is sushi and he doesn't seem to be bothered by anything else.

Most of this…