• TVLuke

★★★½ Watched by TVLuke 27 Oct, 2014

Ich habe natürlich keine Ahnung wie Fisch schmeckt, aber Leute mit einer solchen Leidenschaft wie Jiro sind einfach immer beeindruckend. Auf jeden Fall ein Film der es Wert ist gesehen zu werden.

• Christopher Sorgiovanni

★★★★ Watched by Christopher Sorgiovanni 22 Oct, 2014

Just like the food that Jiro and Co. create, this is a pure work of art.

It's a story about passion, dedication to your craft, and striving for absolute perfection. I was recommended this by a friend and now I think everyone should watch - especially when in need of a little inspiration or a kick in the butt.

• ashleeredger

★★★★ Added by ashleeredger

One of my fave food docs

• HorsHedBookends

★★★★½ Watched by HorsHedBookends 20 Oct, 2014

A film so engrossing and satisfying, even if you don't enjoy sushi, you will love this film.

• Ryan Burson

★★★★½ Watched by Ryan Burson 15 Oct, 2014

Jiro Dreams of Sushi is a documentary about the best sushi restaurant in the world and what makes it so great. Jiro is an 85 year old Japanese man and refuses to retire. He has two sons. One with an identical restaurant and the older one waiting to take over for him when he retires. This is the overall story, but it seems that that is not truly what the documentary is all about.

More than anything I saw this…

• Carlos

★★★★★ Added by Carlos

• Kevin Huang

★★½ Watched by Kevin Huang 13 Oct, 2014

"If I stopped working at 85, I would be bored out of my mind."

Jiro Dreams of Sushi is twice as long as it needs to be. We follow Jiro, a stoic workaholic hardened from a trial by fire childhood who forced his two sons to adopt his work. The film is laced with endearing stories about Jiro from his sons and friends that promptly border on mythical worship, but it's largely just Japan's vehement tradition of respect for elders.…

• Jack Rys

★★★★ Watched by Jack Rys 13 Oct, 2014

Very beautiful film about the tradition of a world famous sushi maker. A very insightful look into his philosophies on life, family, success, and sushi. Visually beautiful and the pace was kept very well.

• xingridxx

★★★★★ Watched by xingridxx 12 Oct, 2014

beautiful

• filmwatcher

★★★½ Watched by filmwatcher 12 Oct, 2014

To be honest, it feels like an insanely long promotional video for Jiro's sushi joint.

I hope that one day I get to eat sushi served by Mr Jiro while he stares intently at my plate.

• James Carey

★★★★ Added by James Carey

They say that the definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting things to change. And yet it is this philosophy that has defined the impossible quest for perfection at the heart of David Gelb's fascinating documentary on the world's greatest sushi chef.

Situated in a tiny booth in a Tokyo subway station that seats barely a dozen customers, 85 year old Sushi Jedi Jiro Ono has, for the past seventy years, attempted to perfect…

• Hélène

★★★★½ Added by Hélène

This was absolutely mesmerising, I loved it. Also Jiro looks so much like a grumpy old turtle, which in itself is pretty amazing. A turtle that's really, REALLY good at making sushi.