• Maki

★★★★½ Watched by Maki 02 Oct, 2015 2

Beautifully shot tale of the kind of commitment it takes to be the absolute best in your field, and what it's like to be the people that stand in the long shadow that casts.

• Rowan Simpson

★★★★½ Watched by Rowan Simpson 05 Oct, 2015

Finally. 4.5/5.0 because as Jiro would say there is always room to improve.

• Dave

★★★½ Watched by Dave 03 Oct, 2015

A delicious and enlightening look at the man who many consider the best sushi master in Japan. This documentary is part character study (the director hints at early events in Jiro's life that motivated him into becoming what he became), part family dynamic (his relationship with his sons; his parents), part exploration of the sushi culture and industry in Japan and part pure appreciation of the sushi aesthetic and the philosophy behind doing it successfully.

If you enjoy eating sushi…

• bowiecoen

★★★★★ Added by bowiecoen

I think this movie demonstrates once and for all that real life can tell a greater story than any screenwriter could ever dream. I salute this elegant, delicious poem of a film; now does anyone know where I can get some good sushi?

• Cody Tumblin

★★★★★ Added by Cody Tumblin

super super inspiring movie. as an artist and a foodie I was deep into this rad doc

• Manuel Iragorry

★★★★ Watched by Manuel Iragorry 28 Sep, 2015

The ways of the japanese never cease to amaze me.

• Daryl

★★★½ Watched by Daryl 14 Sep, 2015

Thanks Jiro! Now I'm dreaming of sushi!

• Jessica-Robyn

★★★★ Watched by Jessica-Robyn 28 Jun, 2015

Jiro Dreams of Sushi is about the passion and dedication of a master chef, but more importantly, it is the story of the food on Jiro's plate. This documentary frames one man's talents by showing us why sushi is a such unique art in and of itself. It is like a little window into a culture that anyone outside of Japan may have never seen before.

Jiro has a relationship with food that is similar to religion. It is because…

• Always Watching

★★ Watched by Always Watching 07 Sep, 2015

It's good to watch for 20 minutes and after that it has nothing new to say.

• Brandon Vander Hey

★★★★ Added by Brandon Vander Hey

In addition to being a talented documentarian, David Gelb has proven himself to be an artist with a keen eye for both the intricacies and even the grandiose that make film in this medium the wonderful thing it can be. I mean, it's a movie about a guy who makes sushi, but it's there, I promise.

• Big Screen Small Words

★★★★ Watched by Big Screen Small Words 07 Sep, 2015

This made me hungry, craved for sushi and wished I was in Japan!

Aside from all that, this was a well-made documentary featuring the turn of Jiro Ono as a sushi master - his workmanship, his technique, and the values he has instilled not only to his apprentices but to his children and lifestyle as well.

• Alberto del Rio Medina

★★★★★ Watched by Alberto del Rio Medina 05 Sep, 2015

Jiro life coach.
    Buen documental.
    Para ser un buen chef, tienes que comer buena o mejor comida que la que preparas, para siempre deslumbrar a tu comensal. - Jiro.