• giovanna papi

★★★ Watched by giovanna papi 02 Jul, 2015

That was tough.
    At the same time that i'm really happy it exists, a life dedicated to making something perfect as in the past it was a common duty uppon people and nowadays it's harder to see someone dedicating his/hers life to a specific subject, I get mixed feelings cause i'm not a full supporter of this kind of life-choice. I respect it, i think it's honorable, but i worry about the consequences. Japan is a very stricted country to…

• c. Rich

★★★ Watched by c. Rich 20 Jun, 2015

He's a really neat guy, been making Sushi 350 days a year for 70 years. His restaurant has 3 Michelin Stars.

But the doc doesn't have much meat to it. It's just an exposé on the man and his business.

• Assil Ksiksi

★★★★½ Watched by Assil Ksiksi 20 Jun, 2015

No comment.

• cadavaca

★★★ Watched by cadavaca 20 Jun, 2015

A powerful portrait of a monomaniac.

• Carl Ingebretsen

★★★★ Watched by Carl Ingebretsen 14 Jun, 2015

This is good. Made me want sushi. Interesting to see the dedication and passion Jiro has, not to mention his way of life.

• Losa

★★★★ Watched by Losa 09 Jun, 2015

inspiring!

• Mrchef

Watched by Mrchef 07 Jun, 2015

An old man and his sushi. A look at one man's journey to create the greatest sushi... Or is it?

Slowly throughout the film the mystique of Jiro is broken down. We start to see that's it's not just the work of one man creating this magnificent sushi but a whole team of people. Without the help of the specialized vendors or his excellent prep chefs he would not be able to make the wonderful finished product. For me this makes a powerful statement on the collaborative process of art.

• Annie

★★★★ Watched by Annie 06 Jun, 2015

The Jiro of documentaries, if ever there was one so fitting!

• Michiel Venmans

★★★★ Watched by Michiel Venmans 04 Jun, 2015

Mooi

• sdaniel55

★★★★★ Watched by sdaniel55 04 Jun, 2015

The most inspiring film that I've ever seen.

• Alex Selby

★★★½ Rewatched by Alex Selby 02 Jun, 2015

The magic of watching this master work and seeing those drool-inducing, slow-mo shots of sushi is still effective but I'd forgotten the sort of understated drama of the two sons and their lives, which almost don't seem like their own under the shadow of their stern, single-minded genius chef of a father.

• Hushpuppy

★★★½ Watched by Hushpuppy 27 May, 2015

Such an inspiring film makes you want to get the fuck up and CONQUER.

HE CAME, HE SAW, HE SUSHI'D!