• Scout Tafoya

★★★★½ Added by Scout Tafoya

160/200

www.rogerebert.com/mzs/the-unloved-part-2-john-carter

I'm willing to accept that I brought a lot to this film, but it enchants me every single time.

• Sozaka

★★★★ Added by Sozaka 2

Fun, pretty and with a strong sense of adventure John Carter kind of sneaks up on you and wins you over. I couldn't tell you one thing that really stands out so as to define its quality. It seems like there are just a bunch of different elements done well. Any missteps are slight and forgivable in the big scope of things. I enjoyed it more the second time I saw it. Maybe you will too?

• MatthewLB

Watched by MatthewLB 09 Aug, 2014

No wonder this movie bombed.

• UberReviews

½ Watched by UberReviews 02 Aug, 2014

The most boring film of all-time?

1/10
    Blu-ray picture 10/10

• Odeon

★★★ Added by Odeon

I found 'John Carter' to be fun, fast-paced, actiony, funny, fantastical, and great looking. A lush and welcome throwback to the old weird-science days of sci fi before space opera came to be, I though it was fresh, light weight, and engaging in the same way 'Pirates of the Caribbean' was before it. I'm not sure how this one slipped so far under the radar.

In some places 'John Carter' is guilty of straying from its pulp roots and taking…

• Travis McClain

★★★½ Rewatched by Travis McClain 28 Jul, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Ryan

★★★½ Watched by Ryan 21 Jul, 2014

I think with another pass on the script to shorten the first act, tighten up the events that immediately follow, and work on character (particular the eponymous gentleman), this could have been a pretty great movie. But for what it is, it's not bad. Very enjoyable. I'd love to see Andrew Stanton work on more live-action, but with a better script and less of a free-for-all budget.

PS: love the music.

• RJ Myato

★★ Added by RJ Myato

This isn't particularly good, but its status as a megaflop is definitely based more on its bland title and lack of big names than any esspecially terrible quality. The effects and action are pretty cool actually. More tha anything I think this is just not the type of fantasy/genre movie people were into at the time it came out.

• Alexander Robinson

Added by Alexander Robinson

The story is non original, the characters are stupid and pointless, the visuals blend in too much with the bland Mars landscape and make them look AWFUL. In conclusion this film needs to be avoided like a disease. 2/10

• moviedave

★★★★★ Rewatched by moviedave 14 Jul, 2014

As a fan of pulp fiction writers, I have read and enjoyed most of E.R.B. books, including the Barsoom books.

John Carter (A princess of Mars) bluray. still holds my attention, I just love this movie.

I went to the cinema to see it in 3D. Now I am not a big fan of the 3D gimmick, most of the time it is there to purely sell a sub standard movie, the 3D effect is usually unnoticeable and not used…

• Ian Buckwalter

★★ Watched by Ian Buckwalter 06 Mar, 2012

• Richard Homer

★★½ Watched by Richard Homer 29 Jun, 2014

I like that they made Dejah Thoris more than just a damsel in distress. But I feel like they tried to make the story more than it is, make it more complex than it is, and made a bit of a mess of it. A shame.