• The Complete Stranger Cometh

★★★★★ Added by The Complete Stranger Cometh

So what can you watch instead of the LOTR-HOBBIT Series? Why not this great piece of cinema. It's got laughs, action, and best of all it never get's boring. I can't recommend it enough

• M. McGinnis

★★ Watched by M. McGinnis 27 Feb, 2015

I was really hoping, to be honest, that I could report to you all that John Carter performs better under low expectations than its dire reputation would suggest. Reader, I cannot make such a report. To be frank, I fell asleep about a third of the way through (why is this nearly two and a half hours long, anyway?) and when I woke up, I took one look at the flying nonsense on screen and decided I was better off…

• Enrique Morales

★★★ Added by Enrique Morales

Es tópico tras tópico pero es que es el padre de todos los tópicos. Visualmente apabullante, creo que el verdadero error es que intenta tirarte su mitología a la cara en aras de allanar el camino a sus abortadas secuelas. Finalmente creo que no termina por sufrir demasiado haber sido concebido como inicio de una trilogía y el giro final resuelve muy bien todo.

• Paul Armstrong

★★★½ Added by Paul Armstrong

Not terrible.

• Tepavac

★★★★★ Added by Tepavac

Odlicna bajka!

• Adam Waldowski

★★½ Watched by Adam Waldowski 08 Feb, 2015

Andrew Stanton's total disconnect from what a moviegoing audience wants to see in a sci-fi spectacle makes this downright hilarious, like a modern day Zardoz or Flash Gordon done for $200+ million. Edgar Rice Burroughs's antiquated story might have worked in a 1930s serial, but the outlandish and overcomplicated plot constantly pulls you out of the film. Some truly terrible and cartoonish CGI creatures make this look that much worse. There's at least some interesting set-up and world-building in the first 45 minutes before it all falls apart. Some of the production design and Taylor Kitsch's solid lead turn are best in show.

40/100

• Gordo

★★★ Watched by Gordo 21 Oct, 2012

Also not nearly as bad as its rep. Quite fun, mindless entertainment. Riggins does a good job with what he was given, all the big budget scenery looks great, plus you get Willem Dafoe as a giant lizard thing and McNulty as a villain. Also has the best alien-dog hybrid since the big-mouthed bitey dog from Dark Crystal.

• Andrew Neill

★★★★ Watched by Andrew Neill 29 Dec, 2014

I went in with no knowledge of this film at all, vague knowledge of human from earth on Mars but Aliens and creatures and actual state of the film nothing at all. I was pleasantly surprised by the whole thing and wished they are marketed and pushed it better as I would love to see more films in this world, really makes me interested to read the books.

• Richard Bellamy

★★★★ Rewatched by Richard Bellamy 05 Feb, 2015

This film provides stunning visuals and exciting adventure while it captures the tone and look of the fantastic worlds created by Edgar Rice Burroughs in the early 1900s - which clearly seem to have inspired (or pre-dated without his awareness of it) George Lucas and the art direction for the Star Wars films. Creatures, contraptions, desert vistas (with shots that evoke Lawrence of Arabia), the rugged male hero, the sexy sword-wielding heroine - all the entertaining tropes are here as well as an atmosphere that is an artistic tribute to Burroughs.

• Dale Nauertz

★★★½ Rewatched by Dale Nauertz 03 Feb, 2015

"John Carter" is sluggish at unpacking some of its exposition and occasionally clunky at translating the world of Edgar Rice Burroughs's "Mars" books to the silver screen, and Taylor Kitsch struggles in the sort of role that requires a young Harrison Ford, a Chris Hemsworth or a Bruce Campbell (someone who can be convincing heroic in the midst of ridiculous circumstances and do so with a certain gleam in their eye). But, despite these issues, "John Carter" still creates a…

• 303pamg

★★½ Watched by 303pamg 23 Mar, 2012

Landmark-Olde Town Stadium #12

• Meinardas

★★★½ Watched by Meinardas 11 Jan, 2015

Tikrai nėra toks blogas, kokiu visi laiko.