• A. Paulo Ferreira

★★★½ Rewatched by A. Paulo Ferreira 20 Dec, 2014 1

um filme bem melhor do que a fama negativa que tem. Gostaria que a Disney avançasse com uma sequela.

• Nil

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nil 13 Dec, 2014

Humorous and full of romantic adventures!

• joelhwa

★★★ Watched by joelhwa 07 Nov, 2012

6/10: Turned out to be quite a blast! This sci-fi fantasy has amazing special effects and great cinematography. There are flaws in the film but the entertainment value it provided certainly outweighs it. For me, it's really a satisfying piece of cinema escapism!

• Adam Theeye Pittman

½ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this film is now on DVD and for the first time ever in my film reviews I would like to begin a film review in this manner for those people that said John Carter is the next Star Wars franchise I say this there is only one Star Wars franchise and that is my cleanest expression. Straight off the bat I couldn't stand this project it took me three sessions to get through it and in those…

• Garrett Smith

★★★½ Added by Garrett Smith

A damn fine guilty pleasure, this is the one film that I wished had done well enough for a franchise. Hopefully one day John Carter gets the respect he deserves.

• Jamie Taylor

★★★★ Watched by Jamie Taylor 29 Nov, 2014

I really enjoyed this movie despite a couple of fairly predictable story elements which could be attributed to the fact that this story is old enough to have influenced numerous other Sci-Fi films. I got the same feeling when I read Treasure Island for the first time. It seemed cliche, but it's the source material that many of those cliches are based on. I think a story like John Carter may be a similar case. While I had never heard…

• Sir. Dale Hutchinson (Real Name, Fake Title): Movie Opinionist Extraordinaire

★★½ Added by Sir. Dale Hutchinson (Real Name, Fake Title): Movie Opinionist Extraordinaire

the ending sucked. In fact the whole movie Sucked...but not as bad as some may lead you to believe. Yeah it's drenched in problems but as a onetime watch, you might like it. plus Willem Defoe

• Max Martinez

★★★ Added by Max Martinez

Movie came out a couple years too late. Where all the other movies or TV that was inspired by the Edgar Rice Burroughs had already come out, this movie to some felt like it was copying them as opposed to the reason those films we liked were inspired by these stories.
    I really enjoyed when I saw it and it sucks that it didn't get more praise or recognition but it isn't a masterpiece but maybe of the focus was more on just a single film as opposed to a franchise this film could have and probably would have done better than it did.

• Cody Lawrence

★★★★½ Added by Cody Lawrence

I haven't watched this movie in a while, but I think about it all the time. John Carter is a film made in the classical epic mold, as if Cecil B. DeMille made an Errol Flynn vehicle with modern technology. The film is vast in scale, yet heartful, comedic at times, and dramatic when it needs to be. If this movie had been released in the Classical Hollywood era with nothing changed except the quality of effects, it would have…

• tunghaichuan

★★★ Rewatched by tunghaichuan 27 Jul, 2012

Based loosely on A Princess of Mars, John Carter is Disney’s realization of Edgar Rice Burroughs’ classic story of a Civil War veteran who is miraculously transported to Mars. The titular character (played by Taylor Kitsch) finds himself enslaved by the native non-human barbarians. Once free of the barbarians, John Carter becomes embroiled an a conflict between two humanoid factions waging war on each other. He falls for Deja Thoris (played by Lynn Collins), the princess of the good faction.…

• tunghaichuan

★★★ Added by tunghaichuan

• Steve Dickson

★★★½ Rewatched by Steve Dickson 19 Nov, 2014

I hated this first time and loved it second. Now it is somewhere in between. The CG in this has aged it a bit already and it is suffering as a result. Its fun enough in a star wars prequel sort of way but this is going to look pretty bad in a few years. Practical effects is the way forward to make a film last over time.