• alexbhades

★★★½ Watched by alexbhades 30 May, 2012

Buena película de aventuras, espectacular y vistosa, pero que cojea un poco de guión y de duración. Le sobra media hora, así serian cuatro estrellas redondas.
    Me esperaba menos.

• NavyRedRose

★★★★★ Added by NavyRedRose

SERIOUSLY underrated. A great addition to the sci-fi genre and an amazing movie I can't believe I had never heard of it before

• The Movie King

Watched by The Movie King 25 Jul, 2015 2

Film #15 of The Movie King's Scavenger Hunt Challenge: Disney Edition
    Task #18: A Disney film with a rating higher than PG

PG-13? My butt! The overdosage of CGI and the hilariously fakery of the action sequences are so horrendous that John Carter could have passed with a G rating! But seeing the plot line is confusing as heck and no one, not even the smallest child to the oldest person ever living, will have a clue of what's going…

• t2kickassjedi

★★★★★ Added by t2kickassjedi

John Carter was a really fun action film with an awesome concept, lovable characters and cool action sequences.

• Gnske

★★ Watched by Gnske 20 Jul, 2015

One of the truly strange flicks to come out in the last few years. Probably could have been done better without Disney inhibiting it.

• The39thMan

★★ Added by The39thMan

Visually stunning but the significance of the unfolding events is not revealed until it's far too late to care. A real missed opportunity that could so easily be fixed with a simple re-cut.

• silenttom

★★★ Watched by silenttom 10 Mar, 2012

It's a shame when old school source material is adapted so many years after it's initial publication. The original John Carter of Mars book was written literally a century ago, in a time that hadn't been exposed to many of the cliches of sci-fi pulp that would be very well established by the likes of Flash Gordon and Star Wars, both of which took clear influence from it. Now, after several attempts, a film version of that property is finally…

• Brandon McGee

★★★½ Added by Brandon McGee

While a bit of a jumble tonally, John Carter's pulpy thrills and inventive designs help bring one of the oldest and most treasured sci-fi series to life. If only it had a better title.

• moviepharm

★★ Watched by moviepharm 16 Mar, 2012

The idea was cool. Last 30 minutes was AWESOME, but action scenes were laughably terrible. Huge disappointment. (4.5/10)

• Oskars Three word reviews

★★★★ Added by Oskars Three word reviews

Classic 80's sci-fi

• Scott D'Agostino

★★★ Rewatched by Scott D'Agostino 11 Jul, 2015

I disliked this the first I saw it, but upon re-watching it, I've warmed up to it. The framing device is still clunky as Hell and the story is way too twist-happy, but it's an enjoyable action movie. Also, I'm not sure if it's because of True Detective and me getting into Friday Night Lights since opening weekend in 2012 or not, but I wasn't annoyed by Taylor Kitsch this time around. Additionally, I saw it in 3-D in theaters and the 3-D was terrible. Watching it in 2-D was MUCH more eye-pleasing.

• edward

★★★½ Watched by edward 11 Jul, 2015

BOX OFFICE. 💰💰💰 💲284.1 million

I saw this not knowing too much about it, although heard it got bad reviews. It's impressive in terms of scope, production and cast. The plot and story seem to have been made up of quite a few well known plots from other sci-fi films. Definitely felt like a mix of Stargate and even Star Wars attack of the clones at times. The big budget visuals and action does keep your attention though as does the actors on show. Overall it was quite enjoyable.