★★★½ Added by KMOKLER 2

K-PAX look's dated but the movie itself is not (understand) Kevin Spacey gives a phenomenal performance even if the film is it a little too average.

• Andy Summers

★★★★ Rewatched by Andy Summers 21 Sep, 2015 1

There are actors that can make even the most implausible of characters work. Kevin Spacey has just that quality that he brings to every bit of work he does, whether it be as The President in the excellent House Of Cards or as an apparent alien in this under-seen gem of a film from 2001.
    K-PAX is the planet that Spacey's character prot claims to come from when he is committed to a psychiatric hospital under the care of Jeff…

• outkast

★★★½ Rewatched by outkast 21 Sep, 2015

Leaves you guessing.

• Patrick Mulcahy

★★ Watched by Patrick Mulcahy 18 Feb, 2002

Kevin Spacey plays a mental patient who believes he is from the planet K-Pax. He was obviously staring at women's sanitary products when he thought of that one. (Typecasting, eh?) Jeff Bridges tries to talk sense into him. You might wonder when he's going to splutter, 'Chicken Tikka' (from RIPD) and 'Call me Roy.' Iain Softley directs. Predictably, it was a box-office flop. Spacey thought British directors were supposed to be good. Look at Sam Mendes, he helmed American Beauty.

Read the script - please!

• Daniel Charchuk

★★★ Watched by Daniel Charchuk 26 May, 2006

A semi-interesting concept is somewhat ruined by a sub-par execution and lengthy scenes that seem to go nowhere. The acting by the two leads is quite good, as are some of the more interesting scenes, but the ultimate reveal is a bit disappointing, though the ambiguous ending is suitable. The mental hospital scenes have a 'been there, done that' feel to them.

• Alisa

★★★★ Watched by Alisa 29 Aug, 2015

I heard about this film on the Cinema Scumbags podcast and before it was removed from Netflix I decided to check it out. This was actually very intriguing. I enjoyed the concept and the acting was well executed. This film is underrated in my opinion.

• drmorbius79

★★★★ Watched by drmorbius79 27 Aug, 2015

Leaving Netflix on 9/1. Underrated flick starring Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges. Kind of an interesting mash-up of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" and "Starman." Spacey is a psychiatric patient who claims to be an alien from another universe. Bridges plays his doctor who is trying to uncover his real past, despite being tempted to believe him because he is so convincing. Missed this one when it first came out, glad I finally caught up with it.

• Peaceful Stoner

★★★½ Watched by Peaceful Stoner 20 Aug, 2015 10

“It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars.”

Our past and our mind are conjoined twins, teleporting thoughts and emotions back forth instantaneously, throughout our lifetime via their inseverable binding. Their time of birth is a few nanoseconds apart and even though they continue to co-exist from that moment on, they become fully cognizant of each other's significance and their mutual reliance only several years later. Our past is bestrewn with sweet, bittersweet and traumatic memories.…

• Zac Colley

★★★★ Watched by Zac Colley 08 Jun, 2015

feels right, id go to k-pax

• BradyTheGuy

★★★ Watched by BradyTheGuy 12 Aug, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

...Is that Aaron Paul??

• Otero

★★★★½ Rewatched by Otero 29 Jul, 2015

Una obra maestra, como cada vez que la veo.

• GeorgeCostanza6

★★★ Watched by GeorgeCostanza6 03 Aug, 2015

There's only one thing more disgusting than making an adaption and not giving credit: to steal and give credit. Thankfully, K-PAX, both the film and the book, did not do that and were perfectly content with being a bit of a fingersmith.