• Kartik Singh

★★★½ Watched by Kartik Singh 11 May, 2013

Found it better the second time.

• DrDoon

★★★★ Watched by DrDoon 08 Jan, 2015

I always put this film off cuz it has a pork dvd box. Aye you heard, I didn't like the box, deal with it. I guess the name also put me off a bit. I'm pleased to say though that I enjoyed it. Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges act the shit out of film and had me hooked straight away. Proper boss film, shame about the box.

• _DeusExMachina_

★★★★ Watched by _DeusExMachina_ 05 Jan, 2015

Klein wenig schnulzig und mit Pathos gestopft.

• trigjosh

★★★★★ Rewatched by trigjosh 02 Jan, 2015

Do you believe?

A question asked of psychiatrist played by Jeff Bridges when he is confronted by Prot played by Kevin Spacey. Prot - by his description is an alien from the planet K-PAX, it is up to him to convince Dr. Mark Powell of this in the Manhatten Psychiatric Institute. And it is up to Dr. Powell to convince Prot he is human. But....

This is an excellently written screenplay that plays on uncertainty. Spacey is the perfect actor…

View

• Sir. Dale Hutchinson (Real Name, Fake Title): Some Asshole Ranting about Films
  • Miles Hardman

★★½ Watched by Miles Hardman 30 Nov, 2014

There's a joke here about having to live through the mistake that is K-PAX over and over, forever. In truth, it's not that bad. Kevin Spacey plays Kevin Spacey (and then some), but Jeff Bridges is one of the few stars of the show alongside composer Edward Shearmur who does a solid job with the score. The problem is that the film is hugely imposing yet never literate enough to justify the stringency of its various messages. And it's nowhere near as good as its two close relatives: One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest and Under The Skin (or The Man Who Fell To Earth).

• Matt Wooldridge

★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Wooldridge 19 Oct, 2005

This is a finely crafted drama that in a lot of ways rests solely on the performance of Kevin Spacey, and he is of course up to the task. It doesn't hurt to have a co-lead in Jeff Bridges, an actor I never get tired of watching. The two are predictably brilliant in the confined spaces of the narrative, and the story fascinating as it opens up. Is this patient 'K-Pax' a complete nutter, or is he really a being from outer space? In case the reader hasn't seen this film yet, I won't reveal the answer here. It's a solid adaptation from Ian Softley.

• Jacob C-S

★★★ Watched by Jacob C-S 27 Nov, 2014

An interesting film about a man who claims to be from another planet. It does feel a bit too long and it doesn't utilise the engaging concept to its full extent.
    However, Kevin Spacey breathes life into his role and the ambiguous ending is thought provoking.

• Cameron Morewood

Watched by Cameron Morewood 12 Nov, 2014 2

Watched this for my psych class, and, um, wow... not good.

I was under the impression that a lot of people liked this movie, and I'm not sure if that's true or not, but if it is - why? For the first hour or so, K-PAX is fine. Nothing about the film is particularly gripping or intriguing, but Spacey kept me at least mildly entertained. Of course the depiction of mental illness within the other characters is unsavory to say…

• Thomas Ballard

★★★★★ Watched by Thomas Ballard 03 Nov, 2014

100th film I've rated on letterboxd and Oh my, what a fantastic movie it was. A curious movie that makes you think and does not fail to entertain, with amazing performances from Jeff Bridges, although Kevin Spacey steals the show in every scene. A fantastic movie that I absolutely loved.

• DrewVesu

★★★ Added by DrewVesu

this film starts so well, but ends up ruining a great premise, with a random murder plot. ugh, almost good.

• jimmyjone

★★★ Added by jimmyjone

Kevin Spacey plays this guy who's all like "I'm so super cool and the planet I come from is so much cooler than Earth. You don't even know how cool it is. And how cool I am, because I'm from there." He wears sunglasses to really cement in your mind how much of a cool guy he is. But then you find out that maybe he really is human, but maybe he's not, ooh wow mystery. Jeff Bridges is really…