• DrewVesu

★★★ Added by DrewVesu

this film starts so well, but ends up ruining a great premise, with a random murder plot. ugh, almost good.

• jimmyjone

★★★ Added by jimmyjone

Kevin Spacey plays this guy who's all like "I'm so super cool and the planet I come from is so much cooler than Earth. You don't even know how cool it is. And how cool I am, because I'm from there." He wears sunglasses to really cement in your mind how much of a cool guy he is. But then you find out that maybe he really is human, but maybe he's not, ooh wow mystery. Jeff Bridges is really…

• Lee Saunders

★★★ Rewatched by Lee Saunders 04 Sep, 2014

Starts out well enough, but seem to dip in the middle when Prote is strangely susceptible to hypnotism, yet huge doses of mind bending drugs do nothing what so ever!
    We also find that "Seeing" in ultraviolet light is quickly put on the back burner, and disregarded.
    In reality this would obviously mean Prote IS in fact an alien!
    So, although muddled at times, the good parts are good but the dated parts are awful!
    Could've been better all round

• Jude Seymour

Watched by Jude Seymour 26 Oct, 2001

Sure I can tell you that today I listened to the Firewater album and saw
    "K-Pax," but these are just sorted facts. Facts that in 60 years I can’t tell my grandkids. You think they’ll care that I saw "K-Pax" on October 26th? Do you think "K-Pax" will even be around in 60 years? (I saw it, trust me it won’t).

• Charlie Derry

★★ Watched by Charlie Derry 03 Jun, 2014

I've read reviews of this film describing it as "smart" and commenting that the viewer was "engrossed". I had to laugh. Were they being serious? Spacey and Bridges are both good, admittedly, but it just felt so mediocre. I was interested at times, but it never lived up to anything.

• Lobezno Estepario

★★ Watched by Lobezno Estepario 08 May, 2014

La forma de contarlo es demasiado chorra para tomarla en serio, porque no puedo con ciencia ficción sobre extraterrestres que vienen a aleccionarnos desde su supuesta superioridad moral y menos aún con los dramas sentimentaloides carentes de sutileza. Al menos Spacey y Bridges tienen química cuando comparten escena.

• charlesalden

★★★ Rewatched by charlesalden 19 May, 2014

K Pax has aged well, but it's starting to turn.

The essentiel 90's movie. A story that movie that should have lasted 1h20 ends up lasting about two hours.

The music has aged terribly, the small timid piano and over echoed glockenspiel really remind you that the movie isn't that good.

There are problems in the story line such as Prote is not affected by certain mind controlling drugs and yet is susceptible to hypnotism. A scene that must have…

• Paolo Carone

Added by Paolo Carone

K-SUX

• Michael "PhantomKnight" Dennos

★★★★ Watched by Michael "PhantomKnight" Dennos 20 Apr, 2014 2

K-PAX has a pretty intriguing setup and fortunately, the film lives up to it pretty well. The story is that a psychiatrist is given a patient who claims to be an alien from the planet K-PAX, and who has knowledge that not only seems impossible for any average person to know, but also begins to sound very convincing the more that time passes. K-PAX's biggest success is the way it handles the story. Kevin Spacey plays the "alien" Prot and…

• Elias Elias

★★★½ Added by Elias Elias

Seeing Kevin Spacey acting with a dog is incredible acting.

• BobJordan

★★★½ Added by BobJordan 1

Honestly, the only reason to see this is to watch Spacey's performance, but that makes it worth the effort. Doesn't matter if he's a crazy man or an alien or a cop - he makes any film he's in a joy to watch. He's just that wonderful.

• Lise

Added by Lise 11

I gave this film 1 star as a punishment rather than leave it unrated, all because it is obviously a remake or if not that then a re-imagining of Man Facing Southeast, and yet there is no credit at all anywhere in the film to indicate this. In fact, the makers of the film expressly denied having ever heard of Man Facing Southeast. With such an original story, that is highly unlikely. There is very little that I find more disgusting than stealing like this. All they had to do was add a credit.