• GeorgeCostanza6

★★★ Watched by GeorgeCostanza6 03 Aug, 2015

There's only one thing more disgusting than making an adaption and not giving credit: to steal and give credit. Thankfully, K-PAX, both the film and the book, did not do that and were perfectly content with being a bit of a fingersmith.

• Gnske

★★ Watched by Gnske 25 Jul, 2015

Kevin Spacey once again plays himself and puts minimal effort into playing an alien, simply figuring that being awkward is fine.

The writing is also somewhat cliche of a first contact genre, condescending aliens, "you humans", "your language is simple so because the writers couldn't come up with something more appeasing we'll just say this as a metaphor for how advanced we are, isn't that great? XD". You see enough of this and eventually when you reach a movie like K-Pax its just tiring.

At the same time it does have some intriguing bits, fascinating I dare say, but as a whole it underwhelms.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★ Watched by Joe DiCanio 20 Jul, 2015

Rating: B-

• Rajavelu

★★★★½ Watched by Rajavelu 18 Jul, 2015

A very solid and gripping low budget mystery that i haven't heard of until yesterday. A mysterious man appears from no-where and claims that he is an alien from a distant planet.

If Sci-fi is anything which it is supposed to mean, this would be it. A brilliant story with an intriguing screenplay that has a soundtrack which will remind you about everything beautiful about earthly life. What more can i ask for?

I mean, what can possibly go wrong with a movie when it has Kevin Spacey?

• Sam

★★★★ Watched by Sam 04 Jul, 2015

This movie thoroughly surprised me. I had looked at all of the reviews and a lot of it seemed very mixed, and while I can see where some of these people are coming from, I also felt that this film was quite amazing. Kevin Spacey is good as always, making the movie much more enjoyable. This is a very underlooked and, perhaps, underrated film.

• Jessie

★★★★ Watched by Jessie 30 Jun, 2015

Don't really understand the bad reviews on this one. Interesting story line, well acted, with an intelligent and well done ending. Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges really outdo themselves (especially Spacey), and the emotions felt in this film are much deeper than expected. I'd recommend giving this a watch if you're in the mood for a little complexity

• elliotx

★★★★★ Rewatched by elliotx 18 Jun, 2015

I remember when I first watched this and loved it instantly, the story of hope and compassion are things that resonate with me when well done. Acting, story, direction, sound/music, are in harmony and create a compelling story.

• roflcopterpilot

★★★½ Watched by roflcopterpilot 09 Jun, 2015

Thought it was interesting. Not mindblowing or anything. Just a fun movie. Some of the events were kind of unbelievably lucky like the intro and other coincidences that made Kevin Spacey's character more reliable to the viewer, but that's a movie for you.

• Felipe Bascunan

Watched by Felipe Bascunan 30 May, 2015

Us K-Paxians are too bored to finish this movie.

• JaySalahi

★★★½ Watched by JaySalahi 22 May, 2015

B (85)

• miriam

★★★★ Added by miriam

"this time is all you have"
    it's possible that I've seen this film more than ten times. i love everything about it; especially the soundtrack and kevin spacey

• David Gutierrez

★★★ Added by David Gutierrez

Is this a remake of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest? Because they forgot to include most of the passion, the great performances and the power. Still, K-PAX isn't bad and the main story is quite interesting.