• Alisa

★★★★ Watched by Alisa 29 Aug, 2015

I heard about this film on the Cinema Scumbags podcast and before it was removed from Netflix I decided to check it out. This was actually very intriguing. I enjoyed the concept and the acting was well executed. This film is underrated in my opinion.

• drmorbius79

★★★★ Watched by drmorbius79 27 Aug, 2015

Leaving Netflix on 9/1. Underrated flick starring Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges. Kind of an interesting mash-up of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" and "Starman." Spacey is a psychiatric patient who claims to be an alien from another universe. Bridges plays his doctor who is trying to uncover his real past, despite being tempted to believe him because he is so convincing. Missed this one when it first came out, glad I finally caught up with it.

• Peaceful Stoner

★★★½ Watched by Peaceful Stoner 20 Aug, 2015 10

“It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars.”

Our past and our mind are conjoined twins, teleporting thoughts and emotions back forth instantaneously, throughout our lifetime via their inseverable binding. Their time of birth is a few nanoseconds apart and even though they continue to co-exist from that moment on, they become fully cognizant of each other's significance and their mutual reliance only several years later. Our past is bestrewn with sweet, bittersweet and traumatic memories.…

• Zac Colley

★★★★ Watched by Zac Colley 08 Jun, 2015

feels right, id go to k-pax

• BradyTheGuy

★★★ Watched by BradyTheGuy 12 Aug, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

...Is that Aaron Paul??

• Otero

★★★★½ Rewatched by Otero 29 Jul, 2015

Una obra maestra, como cada vez que la veo.

• GeorgeCostanza6

★★★ Watched by GeorgeCostanza6 03 Aug, 2015

There's only one thing more disgusting than making an adaption and not giving credit: to steal and give credit. Thankfully, K-PAX, both the film and the book, did not do that and were perfectly content with being a bit of a fingersmith.

• Gnske

★★ Watched by Gnske 25 Jul, 2015

Kevin Spacey once again plays himself and puts minimal effort into playing an alien, simply figuring that being awkward is fine.

The writing is also somewhat cliche of a first contact genre, condescending aliens, "you humans", "your language is simple so because the writers couldn't come up with something more appeasing we'll just say this as a metaphor for how advanced we are, isn't that great? XD". You see enough of this and eventually when you reach a movie like K-Pax its just tiring.

At the same time it does have some intriguing bits, fascinating I dare say, but as a whole it underwhelms.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★ Watched by Joe DiCanio 20 Jul, 2015

Rating: B-

• Rajavelu

★★★★½ Watched by Rajavelu 18 Jul, 2015

A very solid and gripping low budget mystery that i haven't heard of until yesterday. A mysterious man appears from no-where and claims that he is an alien from a distant planet.

If Sci-fi is anything which it is supposed to mean, this would be it. A brilliant story with an intriguing screenplay that has a soundtrack which will remind you about everything beautiful about earthly life. What more can i ask for?

I mean, what can possibly go wrong with a movie when it has Kevin Spacey?

• Sam

★★★★ Watched by Sam 04 Jul, 2015

This movie thoroughly surprised me. I had looked at all of the reviews and a lot of it seemed very mixed, and while I can see where some of these people are coming from, I also felt that this film was quite amazing. Kevin Spacey is good as always, making the movie much more enjoyable. This is a very underlooked and, perhaps, underrated film.

• Jessie

★★★★ Watched by Jessie 30 Jun, 2015

Don't really understand the bad reviews on this one. Interesting story line, well acted, with an intelligent and well done ending. Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges really outdo themselves (especially Spacey), and the emotions felt in this film are much deeper than expected. I'd recommend giving this a watch if you're in the mood for a little complexity