• Lise

Added by Lise 8

I gave this film 1 star as a punishment rather than leave it unrated, all because it is obviously a remake or if not that then a re-imagining of Man Facing Southeast, and yet there is no credit at all anywhere in the film to indicate this. In fact, the makers of the film expressly denied having ever heard of Man Facing Southeast. With such an original story, that is highly unlikely. There is very little that I find more disgusting than stealing like this. All they had to do was add a credit.

• xnoxhatex

★½ Watched by xnoxhatex 09 Apr, 2014

Frustrating story. Boring acting. Aaron Paul surprise. A pandering sort of look at mental illness and an crass reveal.

• Hash

★★★★ Rewatched by Hash 07 Apr, 2014

+ Beautiful Cinematography
    + Amazing music
    + Strong story
    + Fantastic acting
    + Great script

- Can be a little slow at times

Fantastic movie, should be more well known.

• Onome

★★★½ Watched by Onome 24 Feb, 2014

The concept was one of the weirdest things of this film (Kevin Spacey's character is really an alien form space???) but Jeff Bridges and Kevin Spacey play great off of each other and their chemistry is great! And after getting past the weirdness in the beginning, this was a wonderful film.

• Leszek Pietrzak

★★★½ Rewatched by Leszek Pietrzak 16 Feb, 2014

This is a great addition to the very similar Starman from 1984, where it is Jeff Bridges, who plays an alien from another planet. The movie is still great, only the cosmic, xylophone-driven, soundtrack got a bit old.

• Jelboo

★★½ Added by Jelboo

The plot can be easily summarized: Kevin is spacey.

• Keith

★★★ Watched by Keith 08 Jan, 2014

Never really thought I would like this film much, but Spacey does a great job in the lead role.

• Blots

Rewatched by Blots 07 Jan, 2014 2

K-PAX. I came across the poster for it on some recent internet travels, and it stopped me dead in my tracks. Looking at it filled me with vitriol, instantly. “That's right,” I thought. “The movie where Spacey's an alien and eats a banana with the peel on. I saw that when it came out. Look at Spacey being smug on that poster. How dare they?” I had to see this film again.

I can't believe anybody let them get away…

• Jakub Świadek

★★★★ Watched by Jakub Świadek 12 Oct, 2013

Very good movie, with great casting, captivating yet gentle story and totally cheesy score.

• bjarvis

★★★ Watched by bjarvis 08 Oct, 2013

Solid performance from Kevin Spacey at a time when he was hitting every performance out of the park. Jeff Bridges is his usual solid reliable self. Interesting film/concept executed decently.

• Doc Cortex

★★★★½ Rewatched by Doc Cortex 26 May, 2012

A colleague once used to repeat his theory, that in terms of film; "You can't beat a bit of Spacey," and in the case of K-PAX, he just might have a point. Kevin Spacey plays the lead role of Prot, in Softley's slow burning, science fiction tale, based on the K-PAX novels by Gene Brewer. The crux of proceedings is whether we believe that psychiatric patient Prot is an alien from the planet K-PAX or just a delusional psychiatric patient…

• Bryan

★★★★½ Watched by Bryan 15 Sep, 2013

Good. Very good and surprisingly enjoyable. Kevin Spacey and Jeff Bridges command this film.