• Agnis

★★★★ Watched by Agnis 16 Oct, 2015

Ever wonder how we went from sex and sexuality being a total conversation taboo to 8 year olds being able to explain the concept of bukkake to you? Well this is a story about a man who is very much reponsible for that.

• Fesapo

★★★★ Added by Fesapo

• Prasath

★★★★★ Rewatched by Prasath 13 Sep, 2015

must watch

• Brian Stack

★★½ Watched by Brian Stack 30 Jul, 2014

After unassuming biology professor Alfred Kinsey (Liam Neeson) falls in love and marries his student, Clara McCmillen (Laura Linney), he discovers an insatiable appetite for sex.

When the surprising results of a classroom survey in his sex education class demonstrate how little research has been done in the field, Kinsey dedicates his life to the new discipline of sexology.

Together with his research team including Clyde Martin (Peter Sarsgaard), Wardell Pomeroy (Chris O'Donnell), and Paul Gebhard (Timothy Hutton), he interviews…

• moondriver

★★★½ Watched by moondriver 27 Aug, 2015

I don't especially enjoy biopics, but I liked this. It was fascinating, thrilling even, to see the beginnings of Kinsey's research come to fruition. Neeson's performance brings gravitas to the man himself, but it's his research and the ideas that it spawned that drives the movie.

It's obviously a very personal project for Bill Condon, and he treats Kinsey with admiration without completely overlooking some of the more controversial paths his work led him. It moves at a pace, great…

• pbdyjr

★★★½ Added by pbdyjr

Oh Boy, ummmm interesting.. I didnt love it. But i did make it through the whole thing. I can never look at liam the same though..

• Dale Hutchinson👌: Sept Challenged Individual
  • bulletproofQpid

★★★½ Rewatched by bulletproofQpid 02 Aug, 2015

"Who can tell me which part of the human body can enlarge a hundred times. You, miss?"
    "I'm sure I don't know. And you've no right to ask me such a question in a mixed class."
    "I was referring to the pupil in your eye, young lady. And I think I should tell you, you're in for a terrible disappointment."

Just goes to show that asking the right questions solves more problems than it creates...

• Zarja99

★★★½ Watched by Zarja99 04 Jul, 2015

Best quotes:

"Everybody's sin is nobody's sin, and everybody's crime is no crime at all."

• Irtaza Raza

★★★ Watched by Irtaza Raza 12 Jun, 2015

Fantastic acting by all the actors. Interesting story. Worth the watch. The director really worked hard to capture that time and it was a success

• L. Smith

★★ Watched by L. Smith 08 Jun, 2015

Great material, but an ordinary film.

I'm thankful that Kinsey existed and did so much research on human sexuality. I'm surprised at how much I agree with his views. I know Kinsey has gotten -- and is still getting -- accused of a lot of things (sometimes ignorantly, I'm sure), but I've decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. In any case, what is done is done, and it won't change the fact that his research significantly changed society's primitive views on sexuality for the better.

• syxxpac

★★★★ Added by syxxpac

A provocative and literally probing biopic about sex researcher Alfred Kinsey's years-long journey to understanding the human animal in its most primal form, THE scientific study that gave Western society its impetus for sexual exploration and courage to break through taboo barriers under the watchful eye of an oppressive puritanical social framework. It's interesting to see the evolution of America's growing sexual awareness as a backdrop to illuminating Kinsey himself, who was quite an odd but fascinating character. If I…