• niel

★★★ Watched by niel 17 Jan, 2016

everythings all professional, with award winning actors. however, it tries so hard to be relevant (see the GWB-era sex abstinence-only education big in the early 2000s) that it just doesnt have really anything to say that kinsey himself didnt already say. a good biopic isnt just about its subject and their life - its about reconstructing a time + space and a way of thinking we could learn from. "kinsey" is like a wikipedia article put to film, factually consummate but emotionally empty. when it ended i was like "tru" and wondered why a documentary wasnt made instead.

• Jason Bally

★★½ Added by Jason Bally

If this topic interests you, then by all means, you should see this. It's well done, informative, and the performances are great. I was just bored by it however.

• R Stefaniuk

★★★ Watched by R Stefaniuk 25 Dec, 2015

although it now pales in comparison to the stunning sexology tv series masters of sex, kinsey is a serviceable yet unremarkable biopic bolstered by a great supporting turn from laura linney

• Agnis

★★★★ Watched by Agnis 16 Oct, 2015

Ever wonder how we went from sex and sexuality being a total conversation taboo to 8 year olds being able to explain the concept of bukkake to you? Well this is a story about a man who is very much reponsible for that.

• Fesapo

★★★★ Added by Fesapo

82/100

• Prasath

★★★★★ Rewatched by Prasath 13 Sep, 2015

must watch

• Brian Stack

★★½ Watched by Brian Stack 30 Jul, 2014

After unassuming biology professor Alfred Kinsey (Liam Neeson) falls in love and marries his student, Clara McCmillen (Laura Linney), he discovers an insatiable appetite for sex.

When the surprising results of a classroom survey in his sex education class demonstrate how little research has been done in the field, Kinsey dedicates his life to the new discipline of sexology.

Together with his research team including Clyde Martin (Peter Sarsgaard), Wardell Pomeroy (Chris O'Donnell), and Paul Gebhard (Timothy Hutton), he interviews…

• moondriver

★★★½ Watched by moondriver 27 Aug, 2015

I don't especially enjoy biopics, but I liked this. It was fascinating, thrilling even, to see the beginnings of Kinsey's research come to fruition. Neeson's performance brings gravitas to the man himself, but it's his research and the ideas that it spawned that drives the movie.

It's obviously a very personal project for Bill Condon, and he treats Kinsey with admiration without completely overlooking some of the more controversial paths his work led him. It moves at a pace, great…

• pbdyjr

★★★½ Added by pbdyjr

Oh Boy, ummmm interesting.. I didnt love it. But i did make it through the whole thing. I can never look at liam the same though..

• Dale Hutchinson👌: Sept Challenged Individual
  • bulletproofQpid

★★★½ Rewatched by bulletproofQpid 02 Aug, 2015

"Who can tell me which part of the human body can enlarge a hundred times. You, miss?"
    "I'm sure I don't know. And you've no right to ask me such a question in a mixed class."
    "I was referring to the pupil in your eye, young lady. And I think I should tell you, you're in for a terrible disappointment."

Just goes to show that asking the right questions solves more problems than it creates...

• Zarja99

★★★½ Watched by Zarja99 04 Jul, 2015

Best quotes:

"Everybody's sin is nobody's sin, and everybody's crime is no crime at all."