• Jeremy Clark

★★★★★ Added by Jeremy Clark

This is a daring, superbly-acted, provocative and surprisingly sentimental biography of Dr. Alfred Kinsey, the pioneering sex researcher who liberated many from puritanical ignorance, superstition and hypocrisy, and whose work allowed us to celebrate variation and diversity. There are some very explicit and shocking sexual scenes in the film, but the thing most likely aroused is our intellect. The movie sheds light on the misinformation that was perpetrated in the name of science at the time, and that is perhaps…

• Tia Wong

★★★ Watched by Tia Wong 16 Mar, 2015

Great story but kind of corny movie.

• Trevon Reid

★★★½ Watched by Trevon Reid 07 Mar, 2015

When Liam Neeson is not bashing people or looking for his family, he's having sex.

• JeffPed

★★★★★ Watched by JeffPed 03 Mar, 2015

A beautifully frank look at sexuality (appropriately), with some real, onscreen penis! I joke, but our societal aversion to depictions of the penis and vagina ("shlong" and "vajayjay" are the scientific terms, I believe) proves Kinsey's final line:

"There's lots of work to do!"

• c. Rich

★½ Watched by c. Rich 16 Jan, 2015

Yeah, this movie is terrible.

• Cinematic Justice

★★★★★ Watched by Cinematic Justice 13 Feb, 2012

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Of all of the Liam Neeson movies I've seen, I'm pretty sure this is the one that had the least punching.

In all seriousness, in this film Neeson plays the titular biologist-turned-sexologist, Alfred Kinsey. Kinsey is generally considered the father of modern sexology, and is presented as such in the film.

The role of a scientist and professor seems to come naturally to Neeson, and watching him in this role is a real treat that solidifies him as one of…

• jaxblazer

★★★ Watched by jaxblazer 18 Dec, 2014

Interesting subject but pretty safe adaptation and neeson not amazing in it

• Frederic Da

★★ Watched by Frederic Da 14 Nov, 2014

For a movie about sex, it's interesting how little (to no) chemistry is felt between the actors.

• Hooded Justice

Rewatched by Hooded Justice 13 Nov, 2014

Attention: The Modern Age starts here.

• Bill Shannon

★★★½ Added by Bill Shannon

A good example of a film that ends up better than the sum of its parts. Overall, the direction, writing, and (especially) acting in this film aren't superior. That said, it's an enjoyable and thought-provoking study of a man who dedicated his life to studying human sexuality. But it also questions (to a point) Whether he went too far.

Kinsey (Neeson) is almost robotic in his exploration of sexual behavior, seeing every possible permutation of sexual encounters -- no matter…

• Martin Vargas

★★★★ Watched by Martin Vargas 26 Sep, 2014

Liam Nesson is a badass physically, mentally and sexually. This film is not only clever in the depiction of his main character but also very interesting in its themes. Laura Linney shines as the spouse of someone obsessed with all kind of sexual sensations, ALL KIND. The script has great structure and very fascinating conversation. But is Nesson who is simply amazing, Alfred Kinsey was a very complex and sometimes contradictory person, but our favorite Jedi (right?) knows how to…

• Adam Cadre