• moondriver

★★★½ Watched by moondriver 27 Aug, 2015

I don't especially enjoy biopics, but I liked this. It was fascinating, thrilling even, to see the beginnings of Kinsey's research come to fruition. Neeson's performance brings gravitas to the man himself, but it's his research and the ideas that it spawned that drives the movie.

It's obviously a very personal project for Bill Condon, and he treats Kinsey with admiration without completely overlooking some of the more controversial paths his work led him. It moves at a pace, great…

• pbdyjr

★★★½ Added by pbdyjr

Oh Boy, ummmm interesting.. I didnt love it. But i did make it through the whole thing. I can never look at liam the same though..

• Dale Hutchinson👌: The Crazy Maine Atheist
  • bulletproofQpid

★★★½ Rewatched by bulletproofQpid 02 Aug, 2015

"Who can tell me which part of the human body can enlarge a hundred times. You, miss?"
    "I'm sure I don't know. And you've no right to ask me such a question in a mixed class."
    "I was referring to the pupil in your eye, young lady. And I think I should tell you, you're in for a terrible disappointment."

Just goes to show that asking the right questions solves more problems than it creates...

• Zarja99

★★★½ Watched by Zarja99 04 Jul, 2015

Best quotes:

"Everybody's sin is nobody's sin, and everybody's crime is no crime at all."

• Irtaza Raza

★★★ Watched by Irtaza Raza 12 Jun, 2015

Fantastic acting by all the actors. Interesting story. Worth the watch. The director really worked hard to capture that time and it was a success

• L. Smith

★★ Watched by L. Smith 08 Jun, 2015

Great material, but an ordinary film.

I'm thankful that Kinsey existed and did so much research on human sexuality. I'm surprised at how much I agree with his views. I know Kinsey has gotten -- and is still getting -- accused of a lot of things (sometimes ignorantly, I'm sure), but I've decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. In any case, what is done is done, and it won't change the fact that his research significantly changed society's primitive views on sexuality for the better.

• syxxpac

★★★★ Added by syxxpac

A provocative and literally probing biopic about sex researcher Alfred Kinsey's years-long journey to understanding the human animal in its most primal form, THE scientific study that gave Western society its impetus for sexual exploration and courage to break through taboo barriers under the watchful eye of an oppressive puritanical social framework. It's interesting to see the evolution of America's growing sexual awareness as a backdrop to illuminating Kinsey himself, who was quite an odd but fascinating character. If I…

• Jeremy Clark

★★★★★ Added by Jeremy Clark

This is a daring, superbly-acted, provocative and surprisingly sentimental biography of Dr. Alfred Kinsey, the pioneering sex researcher who liberated many from puritanical ignorance, superstition and hypocrisy, and whose work allowed us to celebrate variation and diversity. There are some very explicit and shocking sexual scenes in the film, but the thing most likely aroused is our intellect. The movie sheds light on the misinformation that was perpetrated in the name of science at the time, and that is perhaps…

• Tia Wong

★★★ Watched by Tia Wong 16 Mar, 2015

Great story but kind of corny movie.

• Trevon Reid

★★★½ Watched by Trevon Reid 07 Mar, 2015

When Liam Neeson is not bashing people or looking for his family, he's having sex.

• JeffPed

★★★★★ Watched by JeffPed 03 Mar, 2015

A beautifully frank look at sexuality (appropriately), with some real, onscreen penis! I joke, but our societal aversion to depictions of the penis and vagina ("shlong" and "vajayjay" are the scientific terms, I believe) proves Kinsey's final line:

"There's lots of work to do!"