• Zarja99

★★★½ Watched by Zarja99 04 Jul, 2015

Best quotes:

"Everybody's sin is nobody's sin, and everybody's crime is no crime at all."

• Irtaza Raza

★★★ Watched by Irtaza Raza 12 Jun, 2015

Fantastic acting by all the actors. Interesting story. Worth the watch. The director really worked hard to capture that time and it was a success

• L. Smith

★★ Watched by L. Smith 08 Jun, 2015

Great material, but an ordinary film.

I'm thankful that Kinsey existed and did so much research on human sexuality. I'm surprised at how much I agree with his views. I know Kinsey has gotten -- and is still getting -- accused of a lot of things (sometimes ignorantly, I'm sure), but I've decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. In any case, what is done is done, and it won't change the fact that his research significantly changed society's primitive views on sexuality for the better.

• syxxpac

★★★★ Added by syxxpac

A provocative and literally probing biopic about sex researcher Alfred Kinsey's years-long journey to understanding the human animal in its most primal form, THE scientific study that gave Western society its impetus for sexual exploration and courage to break through taboo barriers under the watchful eye of an oppressive puritanical social framework. It's interesting to see the evolution of America's growing sexual awareness as a backdrop to illuminating Kinsey himself, who was quite an odd but fascinating character. If I…

• Jeremy Clark

★★★★★ Added by Jeremy Clark

This is a daring, superbly-acted, provocative and surprisingly sentimental biography of Dr. Alfred Kinsey, the pioneering sex researcher who liberated many from puritanical ignorance, superstition and hypocrisy, and whose work allowed us to celebrate variation and diversity. There are some very explicit and shocking sexual scenes in the film, but the thing most likely aroused is our intellect. The movie sheds light on the misinformation that was perpetrated in the name of science at the time, and that is perhaps…

• Tia Wong

★★★ Watched by Tia Wong 16 Mar, 2015

Great story but kind of corny movie.

• Trevon Reid

★★★½ Watched by Trevon Reid 07 Mar, 2015

When Liam Neeson is not bashing people or looking for his family, he's having sex.

• JeffPed

★★★★★ Watched by JeffPed 03 Mar, 2015

A beautifully frank look at sexuality (appropriately), with some real, onscreen penis! I joke, but our societal aversion to depictions of the penis and vagina ("shlong" and "vajayjay" are the scientific terms, I believe) proves Kinsey's final line:

"There's lots of work to do!"

• c. Rich

★½ Watched by c. Rich 16 Jan, 2015

Yeah, this movie is terrible.

• Kat Everett

★★★★★ Watched by Kat Everett 13 Feb, 2012

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Of all of the Liam Neeson movies I've seen, I'm pretty sure this is the one that had the least punching.

In all seriousness, in this film Neeson plays the titular biologist-turned-sexologist, Alfred Kinsey. Kinsey is generally considered the father of modern sexology, and is presented as such in the film.

The role of a scientist and professor seems to come naturally to Neeson, and watching him in this role is a real treat that solidifies him as one of…

• jaxblazer

★★★ Watched by jaxblazer 18 Dec, 2014

Interesting subject but pretty safe adaptation and neeson not amazing in it

• Frederic Da

★★ Watched by Frederic Da 14 Nov, 2014

For a movie about sex, it's interesting how little (to no) chemistry is felt between the actors.