• Steve Courtney

★★★ Watched by Steve Courtney 25 Feb, 2013

A documentary following three Irish travelling clans who compete in bare-knuckle boxing to solve their differences. Taking place over a twelve year timespan, the chronology can be a little erratic at times, but it's an interesting insight into a world I knew nothing about.
    After watching this however, you may feel the need to challenge everyone who wrongs you in the slightest to a bare-knuckle brawl (I'm looking at you Starbucks barrista who dares to put whipped cream on my frappucino after I specifically said 'no whip'!)

• Kevin

★★★½ Watched by Kevin 15 Feb, 2013

Fascinating insight into the world of the Irish travellers, bare knuckle fighting and vendetta.

So, if you're an fan of creative swearing, left hooks, right hooks, old fashioned brawling and blood fueds look no further.

• Amber

★★★½ Added by Amber

This doc was insanity. If you like bare knuckle boxing then you'll love this.

• Usmaan Dawood

★★★★★ Watched by Usmaan Dawood 23 Jun, 2011

This is one of the Best most intense Documentaries I have ever watched some scenes left me wanting to stop the HDR and walk, thing that bugs me to this day..

"..and people live like this?!!"

10 years in the making..brutal!

• cjf911

★★★★ Added by cjf911

I really liked this movie

• Nicholas Myers

★★★★½ Watched by Nicholas Myers 17 Jan, 2013

For a subject of a documentary to succeed, it must be compelling. Does that mean that it's contemporary, or politically relevant, or emotionally trying? It can. Qualifying this criteria pigeonholes us, however, creating bias for and against some topics, and denying them the fair shot of evoking emotion within the viewer. On paper, a documentary spanning ten years of bare-knuckle feuds between Irish traveler (read: gypsy) families is compelling. What the film actually manages to bring to attention is even moreso: even the smallest of civilizations, the most marginal, find reason to fight within themselves.

• Mark Jewiss

★★½ Watched by Mark Jewiss 03 Dec, 2012

I decided to watch this documentary after reading a bundle of reviews of Snatch on here... This tells the story of a decades long feud between two Irish Traveller families, and how bare knuckle fighting is used to right the wrongs that have been done and to restore honour to the family name.

This does a fairly good job of presenting a balanced view of what hasn't armed the feud, with both sides being able to put their side of…

• Bommsen

★★★★ Watched by Bommsen 29 Oct, 2012

What a brutal, grotesque but intriguing documentary. It's all about a longtime feud between a couple of Irish traveller families and their way dealing with their issues: bare-knuckle boxing. For 12 years director Ian Palmer followed this traditional fights, focussing on the Quinn McDonagh family and their dispute with the Joyces, Nevins and many more. James Quinn McDonagh, legendary fighter of the Quinn McDonagh clan, takes center stage and helps giving an insight into this unique phenomenon of family feud.…

• Eastwood Allen

★★★½ Added by Eastwood Allen

Very raw and really hits the spot. Its purposely gritty approach only belps heighten the brutal lives of some suprizingly likeable bareknuckle fighters.

• Kevin

★★★★ Watched by Kevin 09 Oct, 2012

Decades of feuding leads a handful of families to beat the living hell out of one another. Watch as the man filming comes to grips with his indictment against their local school and police agencies, which at one point has two grandfathers fighting like Bloodsport in the yard.

• Roy Fraley

★★★½ Watched by Roy Fraley 21 Sep, 2012

This was a very interesting doco, seeing his hardcore fighting and how these family have these blood feuds and it is very interesting to watch. It just doesnt follow one family but a couple and hearing them is very interesting but the fights are hardcore very interesting.

• scott gibbons

★★★★ Watched by scott gibbons 12 Sep, 2012

A Doc that followed Irish travellers as they lived but more specifically, their feud with another family and how this is maintained and settled, through bouts of bare knuckle boxing, this is a fasinating glimpse into a family, coming off better than you think, and also the bonus of many of these fights filmed and presented here. not scenes of hollywood stuff but natural fighting. the doc is also a glimpse into these lives and how a full out war…