• mmachiaveli

★★★★★ Added by mmachiaveli

tan crudo como las hostias que se arrean los travelers irlandeses protagonistas de este documental. Un recorrido de diez años que nos lleva desde carnicerías en una cuneta hasta un circo organizado para sacar pasta.

• Andrew Willis

★★½ Watched by Andrew Willis 15 Mar, 2013

Judging by the premise I was hoping for a lot more from this documentary. The central characters are what Guy Richie's film SNATCH called "pikeys". These are semi-nomads in England and Ireland. This film is about generational feuds that exist between many clans of these "travelers" (that is what these people are refereed to in the film), and the method they use to settle their differences. Bare knuckle boxing.

I first though of the long time rivalry somewhat close to…

• Sarah

★★★ Watched by Sarah 13 Mar, 2013

Fuckin gypsies.

• Steve Courtney

★★★ Watched by Steve Courtney 25 Feb, 2013

A documentary following three Irish travelling clans who compete in bare-knuckle boxing to solve their differences. Taking place over a twelve year timespan, the chronology can be a little erratic at times, but it's an interesting insight into a world I knew nothing about.
    After watching this however, you may feel the need to challenge everyone who wrongs you in the slightest to a bare-knuckle brawl (I'm looking at you Starbucks barrista who dares to put whipped cream on my frappucino after I specifically said 'no whip'!)

• Kevin

★★★½ Watched by Kevin 15 Feb, 2013

Fascinating insight into the world of the Irish travellers, bare knuckle fighting and vendetta.

So, if you're an fan of creative swearing, left hooks, right hooks, old fashioned brawling and blood fueds look no further.

• Amber

★★★½ Added by Amber

This doc was insanity. If you like bare knuckle boxing then you'll love this.

• Usmaan Dawood

★★★★★ Watched by Usmaan Dawood 23 Jun, 2011

This is one of the Best most intense Documentaries I have ever watched some scenes left me wanting to stop the HDR and walk, thing that bugs me to this day..

"..and people live like this?!!"

10 years in the making..brutal!

• cjf911

★★★★ Added by cjf911

I really liked this movie

• Nicholas Myers

★★★★½ Watched by Nicholas Myers 17 Jan, 2013

For a subject of a documentary to succeed, it must be compelling. Does that mean that it's contemporary, or politically relevant, or emotionally trying? It can. Qualifying this criteria pigeonholes us, however, creating bias for and against some topics, and denying them the fair shot of evoking emotion within the viewer. On paper, a documentary spanning ten years of bare-knuckle feuds between Irish traveler (read: gypsy) families is compelling. What the film actually manages to bring to attention is even moreso: even the smallest of civilizations, the most marginal, find reason to fight within themselves.

• Mark Jewiss

★★½ Watched by Mark Jewiss 03 Dec, 2012

I decided to watch this documentary after reading a bundle of reviews of Snatch on here... This tells the story of a decades long feud between two Irish Traveller families, and how bare knuckle fighting is used to right the wrongs that have been done and to restore honour to the family name.

This does a fairly good job of presenting a balanced view of what hasn't armed the feud, with both sides being able to put their side of…

• Bommsen

★★★★ Watched by Bommsen 29 Oct, 2012

What a brutal, grotesque but intriguing documentary. It's all about a longtime feud between a couple of Irish traveller families and their way dealing with their issues: bare-knuckle boxing. For 12 years director Ian Palmer followed this traditional fights, focussing on the Quinn McDonagh family and their dispute with the Joyces, Nevins and many more. James Quinn McDonagh, legendary fighter of the Quinn McDonagh clan, takes center stage and helps giving an insight into this unique phenomenon of family feud.…

• Eastwood Allen

★★★½ Added by Eastwood Allen

Very raw and really hits the spot. Its purposely gritty approach only belps heighten the brutal lives of some suprizingly likeable bareknuckle fighters.