• mmachiaveli

★★★★★ Added by mmachiaveli

tan crudo como las hostias que se arrean los travelers irlandeses protagonistas de este documental. Un recorrido de diez años que nos lleva desde carnicerías en una cuneta hasta un circo organizado para sacar pasta.

• Usmaan Dawood

★★★★★ Watched by Usmaan Dawood 23 Jun, 2011

This is one of the Best most intense Documentaries I have ever watched some scenes left me wanting to stop the HDR and walk, thing that bugs me to this day..

"..and people live like this?!!"

10 years in the making..brutal!

• Nicholas Myers

★★★★½ Watched by Nicholas Myers 17 Jan, 2013

For a subject of a documentary to succeed, it must be compelling. Does that mean that it's contemporary, or politically relevant, or emotionally trying? It can. Qualifying this criteria pigeonholes us, however, creating bias for and against some topics, and denying them the fair shot of evoking emotion within the viewer. On paper, a documentary spanning ten years of bare-knuckle feuds between Irish traveler (read: gypsy) families is compelling. What the film actually manages to bring to attention is even moreso: even the smallest of civilizations, the most marginal, find reason to fight within themselves.

• Spencer Parker

★★★★½ Watched by Spencer Parker 27 Apr, 2012

Mesmerizing, epic and intelligent. Perfectly edited and paced, which is very impressive considering that it's comprised of over a decade of footage.

• Damian Costanza

★★★★ Watched by Damian Costanza 11 Jan, 2014

El documental sobre los gitanos de Snatch.

• Byronic Henry

★★★★ Watched by Byronic Henry 23 Apr, 2013

I guess I'll just state the biggest comment I can make about this film upfront. I liked this film and I don't have any complaints about the film. But at the same time I was not blown away or anything of this degree with the film. It was an entertaining documentary but really nothing more.

I usually watch one movie before going to bed every night. When I finish watching a film I then sleep and let the movie sink…

• cjf911

★★★★ Added by cjf911

I really liked this movie

• Bommsen

★★★★ Watched by Bommsen 29 Oct, 2012

What a brutal, grotesque but intriguing documentary. It's all about a longtime feud between a couple of Irish traveller families and their way dealing with their issues: bare-knuckle boxing. For 12 years director Ian Palmer followed this traditional fights, focussing on the Quinn McDonagh family and their dispute with the Joyces, Nevins and many more. James Quinn McDonagh, legendary fighter of the Quinn McDonagh clan, takes center stage and helps giving an insight into this unique phenomenon of family feud.…

• Kevin

★★★★ Watched by Kevin 09 Oct, 2012

Decades of feuding leads a handful of families to beat the living hell out of one another. Watch as the man filming comes to grips with his indictment against their local school and police agencies, which at one point has two grandfathers fighting like Bloodsport in the yard.

• scott gibbons

★★★★ Watched by scott gibbons 12 Sep, 2012

A Doc that followed Irish travellers as they lived but more specifically, their feud with another family and how this is maintained and settled, through bouts of bare knuckle boxing, this is a fasinating glimpse into a family, coming off better than you think, and also the bonus of many of these fights filmed and presented here. not scenes of hollywood stuff but natural fighting. the doc is also a glimpse into these lives and how a full out war…

• Chad Kohalyk

★★★★ Watched by Chad Kohalyk 20 Jul, 2012

Not particularly well shot, but amazingly good access. Really introduced a world I had never known, yet, somehow, we all know.

• FilmApe

★★★★ Watched by FilmApe 18 Apr, 2012 1

The narration is a bit annoying at times, and I found it hard to keep track of what time period was being shown, but overall I found this to be a fascinating watch.

Spanning a twelve year period, the film documents a violent feud between rival Irish clans. Bare knuckle boxing is the choice way to settle their dispute, though it seems like the dispute will never end. Both families are filled with charismatic individuals and the build up to some of the fights couldn't be better. Worth checking out.