• MrMonstrosity

★★★★★ Rewatched by MrMonstrosity 07 Jul, 2009

What may sound something like an 80 minute screensaver is actually a pretty compelling document of how technology has consumed not only nature, but us, to the point that we ourselves have become oblivious to how it plays into our lives.

At least that's my take. Yours may be different.

The whole movie is spectacular, but I just fucking love that exhilarating time-lapse sequence showcasing all those colorful cityscapes, and the cars, people, and assorted mayhem rummaging around inside, all…

• Nigel Smith

★★★★ Watched by Nigel Smith 21 Jan, 2015

Feels both contemporary and wonderfully dated. Glad I have a decent-size TV and 5.1 sound at home but would love to see it again on a big screen (with a live score?).

• Eric

Added by Eric

A documentary which acts as a commentary, though there is no narration or dialogue. Philip Glass scored the film, and it can oddly enough turn the audience in a sleepy state. Maybe that's what's intended, as we as humans as a whole don't have a great perspective on how the world changes on its own much less what impact we are having on it. Wonderfully shot and edited, this one will stand the test of time.

• brryanda

★★★★★ Watched by brryanda 06 Jan, 2015

Mundo armónico. Mundo humano armónico en su movimiento terrible. Sublime documental que nos permite dar un profundo vistazo a nuestra minúscula existencia y lo hace, claro, con una forma impecable y la música de un Philip Glass que a modo del buen Alex DeLarge sometido a la ultraviolencia no nos dejará pegar el ojo.

• giannislefou

★★★★ Watched by giannislefou 20 Jan, 2015

Μια ταινία πρόταση του Otto από τους Simpsons.

• JAWAFilms

★★★★½ Watched by JAWAFilms 05 Jan, 2015

Juxtapositions abound in this extremely interesting and thought provoking (not to mention gorgeously shot) documentary.

• fury_

★★★★★ Watched by fury_ 03 Jan, 2015

I feel terrible.

• Ryan Hrovat

★★★★★ Watched by Ryan Hrovat 30 Dec, 2014

Koyaanisqatsi is simply a masterpiece that presents our world to us through the artistic lens of a camera with the sonic pallet of Philip Glass's synthesized sequencing and archaic chanting.

I have loved and listened to this Philip Glass score for years but never realized it was part of a film. I am ashamed of my ignorance but my history with the score brought to the film an incredible blend of new and old that I have never experienced with…

• EpicEdwardo

★★★★ Added by EpicEdwardo

can'tpronouncethename-core

• kikeherrmann

★★★★ Watched by kikeherrmann 29 Dec, 2014

Impresionante documental de imagenes en movimiento que confrontan la naturaleza con la vida urbana y tecnologica.
    Acompañada por la extraordinaria musica minimalista de Philip Glass

• Nils Fischer

★★★★★ Watched by Nils Fischer 28 Dec, 2014

beste Dokumentation die ich je gesehen habe.

• Hannah M

★★★ Watched by Hannah M 22 Dec, 2014

It's... hard to know how to review this exactly. There are a lot of people I know who LOVE this, and although I see where they're coming from, it didn't have nearly that effect on me. Maybe my attention span is too short or too narrative-focused, but I found myself zoning out a lot. It would definitely be interesting to see this in a more immersive format, in a theater or with a really good sound system with nothing else…