• saythewordfilm

★★★ Watched by saythewordfilm 09 Sep, 2014

Once you've seen Baraka or Samsara this movie seems obsolete: the criterion transfer still has lots of dust and grain. Is this movie still relevant: yes. These movies give a window into society: 80's Time Square, CRT manufacturing, punch card programming. One day people won't know what an arcade, Twinkies or a mullet is: this movie will be there. Plus Philip Glass!

• Michi

★★★★★ Watched by Michi 08 Sep, 2014

An experimental art house documentary film with breathtaking cinematography, and music (composed by Philip Glass) that perfectly matches the mood shot after shot. Koyaanisqatsi is also like a time capsule from the 80s with themes fixated on nature, technology, and humanity.

• ricardotnet

★★★★½ Watched by ricardotnet 03 Sep, 2014

lol@words

• Burrito Science

★★★½ Watched by Burrito Science 04 Sep, 2014

I watched this movie and it has the title Koyaanisqatsi.. I don't have much to say other than it's beautifully shot. But I don't know if it gets a rewatch

• Supercattle

★★★★★ Watched by Supercattle 03 Sep, 2014

One of the most incredible experiences I've ever had with a film. Perhaps one of the most incredible experiences I've ever had period.

• Bya

★★★★ Watched by Bya 29 Aug, 2014

This was really good. For a movie with no spoken dialogue, there were some really stunning parts.

• Nag Champion

★★★★½ Watched by Nag Champion 17 Aug, 2014

"You should have this playing in your house 24/7 instead of Scarface, dude."

• Daryl Purdie

★★★★★ Added by Daryl Purdie

Turn off lights, hook up to a big screen, turn off the phone, watch, concentrate, enjoy.

The best non-film-film I can think of. (Right now anyway)

• fuguette

★★★★½ Watched by fuguette 12 Apr, 2012

Stunning. No other film makes me feel more like an extraterrestrial observing human culture. All the terror and beauty of consumptive, manic modern life.

• Alexandra

★★★★★ Watched by Alexandra 20 Aug, 2014

Perfect.

• Nick C.

★★★★★ Added by Nick C.

Koyaanisqatsi is a film that everyone should experience at least once. It's an experience that makes you feel like you are seeing the world for the very first time. It is truly unforgettable and purely cinematic.

• Ian W. Hill

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ian W. Hill 16 Aug, 2014

Good for a loud background life-out-of-balance kind of evening.