• therealkim

★★★ Added by therealkim

a music video

• PaulaT

★★★★★ Watched by PaulaT 01 Feb, 2016

Descobri esse filme graças a uma lista aqui do letterboxd, a lembrar. Cristão no sentido de ter um ponto de vista muito claro: ele não me pareceu questionar as imagens que expõe, arrisco dizer, pareceu-me direcionar, com uma mis-en-scène grandiosa, a uma verdade inquestionável, um bom tanto pessimista, a respeito da humanidade, das geografias que nos cercam e que são alteradas (34 anos depois, a passos rápidos e largos, nos sentimos numa espécie de continuação daquele fluxo acelerado do filme).…

• pedroachilles

★★★½ Watched by pedroachilles 01 Feb, 2016

80% de imagens de grande força, que se espandem. Uma certa sinfonia de humanidade. Uma certa filosofia cristã?

• Christopher Wilson

★★★★★ Watched by Christopher Wilson 31 Jan, 2016

Reggio. Fricke. Glass. Where it all began.

• Sebastian Alcazar

★★★★★ Added by Sebastian Alcazar

Okay, fuck the synopsis up there for saying Philip Glass's "EXCEPTIONAL" music. Really? (Letterboxd: "Oh yeah, Godfrey Reggio could've totally settled for someone better!") This film along, with its trilogy, has set an unprecedented milestone in film. The camera observed several situations in which the viewer witnesses all with just one notion in mind: Life Out of Balance. We definitely won't get such a great and original film like this for years to come.

• Ruth

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ruth 24 Jan, 2016

"......Koyaanisqatsi......Koyaanisqatsi......Koyaanisqatsi......"
    "We come from the Earth, and to the Earth we must return"

Reggio's seminal cinematic masterpiece might be the most indispensable 1980s component of the American film canon, through engaging, conversing with, sculpting and preserving both the zeitgeist and the timeless. Compared to later Fricke efforts, it somewhat benefits from a more specifically rooted gaze that never really leaves the United States of America, but is just as equally uninterested in the homeland. The visual world witnessed and felt…

• Andrew Bemis

★★★★★ Rewatched by Andrew Bemis 12 Dec, 2015

I once took a class on climate change that was largely focused on literature depicting a post-technological future populated by small villages living in harmony with nature. By the end of the class, I realized the professor, though she probably didn't realize it, was actively looking forward to everything going to hell so she might get to live out her fantasy of living in a wigwam. I get the same vibe from Koyaanisqatsi, which makes me feel a bit guilty…

• fincky87

★★★★½ Watched by fincky87 24 Jan, 2016

Hypnotisch. Originell. Faszinierend. Natur, Konsum, Architektur und Kapital. Was unsere Welt ist und was wir aus ihr machen. Allerdings auch schon etwas angestaubt und die Musik kann richtig nerven, wenn man nicht in der nötigen Stimmung ist, aber auch nur dann.

• Cavin Hawkins

Watched by Cavin Hawkins 23 Jan, 2016 3

I want to retroactively give every other movie an extra star for not being Koyaanisqatsi.

• Niayab

★★★★★ Added by Niayab

The sheer perspective offered by this film is incredible. I would say that you should be wary about viewing this-- it shatters the autopilot, 'day to day' experience... I don't think most people want to see what they actually look like, but they probably should know anyway? Hard to say as this film has deeply affected how I engage with the world. Whether the change was positive or negative, it's hard to say. But, this much I am sure, it allowed me to see an honest portrayal of culture. Quite anthropological.

• Cameron Casper

★★★★★ Rewatched by Cameron Casper 20 Jan, 2016

A film about everything awesome. A film about everything shitty. A film about everything. A film about everyone.

• Knox Gray

★★★★★ Added by Knox Gray

One of the most technically marvelous films I have ever seen. Made me feel really small and euphoric at the same time.