• Francisco Zambrano

★★★★★ Added by Francisco Zambrano

Lo mejor del cinéma-œil desde Man with a movie camera.

• Shaun Heenan

★★½ Watched by Shaun Heenan 25 Oct, 2014

I know, I know.

I suspect the effect is dimished somewhat by me already having seen Baraka and Samsara. I know this got there first, but that doesn't make me enjoy it more.

The score by Philip Glass has been praised endlessly, but I found it repetitive and irritating.

I could lie and pretend I enjoyed it, but what's the point of that?

• Vladimir .

★★★★½ Watched by Vladimir . 20 Oct, 2014

Incredible .

• Jesús Placencia

★★★½ Watched by Jesús Placencia 17 Oct, 2014

Beautiful. Poetic. Atonishing.

The patterns, the jaw-dropping visuals and music. Sure, it might not be terribly exciting; and its pacing isn't breezy (despite its 87 min. runtime). Technology. Nature. Movement.

The world has never been seen this way. Life at full-speed.

• Steve Dickson

★★★ Rewatched by Steve Dickson 05 Oct, 2014

Not sure if this is brilliant or not. It was quite mesmerising and nice seeing these wee moments captured in time.

• Glorbes

★★★★★ Watched by Glorbes 30 Sep, 2014

The description of this film sounds...dubious. Imagine watching footage for an hour and a half, with no story, no dialogue, no characters, accompanied only by music. But this film lives up to its exceptional reputation, both by providing stunning imagery, masterfully edited to tell the story of human expansion into the natural world, and by also being a springboard for Philip Glass's soaring musical score. At first, it seems almost silly...the deep-voiced chanting of the film's title, the nature photography…

• Austin Bryant

★★★★★ Rewatched by Austin Bryant 27 Sep, 2014

Rewatching this today inspired me to change the four "favorite films" on my Letterboxd homepage, for the first time since joining this site.

Because there is nothing I could say to do this film justice by way of a review... I will just take this opportunity to explain the change this rewatch inspired.

My - legit - favorite film is 'The Tree of Life'. It's simply the most powerful and gorgeous thing to ever be committed to film. This was…

• Yaniv Eidelstein

Watched by Yaniv Eidelstein 22 Sep, 2014

Translating. I mean... Translated. That was quick :^)

• m8ben

★★★★★ Watched by m8ben 20 Sep, 2014

in the words of my mum 'this is just for drug users, nobody else would like this'

• Alan Williams

★★★ Watched by Alan Williams 18 Sep, 2014

"Koyaanisqatsi" is an impressive visual and listening experience, that Reggio and Glass have made wonderful pictures and sounds. However, with HD films like BARAKA, it just seems a little outdated.

Dont get me wrong I know this was the original of its kind but, it just seems outdated.

This film has one idea, a simplistic one. It contrasts the glory of nature with the mess made by man. But man is a messy beast, given to leaving reminders of his presence all over the surface of planet Earth.

• Daniel Kibbe

★★★★★ Watched by Daniel Kibbe 15 Sep, 2014 3

Wow. Give me some time on this one. Too good for words.

• Meghan Bouffard

★★★★½ Watched by Meghan Bouffard 09 Sep, 2014

Beautiful imagery and hauntingly poignant... I was mesmerized and amazed throughout. Even over 30 years after its making still extremely relevant. Deeply moving.