• DanStew

★★★★ Watched by DanStew 22 Apr, 2015

Really beautiful images paired with a powerful Philip Glass score. So powerful, that Hans Zimmer totally ripped it off for Interstellar.

• BoringPostcards

★★★★½ Rewatched by BoringPostcards 21 Apr, 2015

I saw this movie (when it first came out) when I was in high school, and besides the fact that it introduced me (and everybody else) to Philip Glass, I feel like it permanently affected the way I see the world. We should show it to children in preschool. It was one of the first films to show the planet at a macro scale, with life and time sped up to the point that we could see their ebb and…

• Reece Leonard

★★★★½ Watched by Reece Leonard 20 Apr, 2015

Boasting gorgeous visuals that are cleverly juxtaposed and contextualized to posit questions about the nature of human existence over time and an otherworldly score from Philip Glass, "Koyaanisquatsi" is a masterfully constructed and brilliantly original piece of work offering visually poetic insights into the human condition that both thrill and perplex.

• JohnAllegretti

Added by JohnAllegretti

Blu-Ray

• Zack Quaintance

★★★ Watched by Zack Quaintance 13 Apr, 2015

Mesmerizing and haunting.

• Jorge Pardo M.

★★★ Watched by Jorge Pardo M. 12 Apr, 2015

Una propuesta original sobre un tema tan manido como el de la alienación del hombre en sociedad y el agotamiento de los recursos. Su mérito reside en que su discurso sigue siendo actual, no envejece, aun habiéndose rodado 35-40 años atrás. La fotografía y el uso del time lapse son inmejorables. No tanto la minimalista banda sonora de Philip Glass que, por momentos, puede incluso llegar a resultar molesta.

• Paukzen

★★½ Watched by Paukzen 03 Jun, 2013

Dvix

• KalasEben

★★★★ Added by KalasEben

Koyaanisquatsi is a really beautiful and refreshing documentary. I think it's refreshing because this shows the beauty in everyday life without any dialoge directing us what to think of it. The first time I watched I was amazed and it was nearly a religious experience! The footage and the music score walks hand in hand in perfektion.

• Ben Richards

★★★★ Watched by Ben Richards 03 Apr, 2015

Koyaanisqatsi is certainly not the most traditional film that I have ever seen. The film has no dialogue, no characters and no conventional plot.

That being said I could not help being hypnotised by Phillip Glass's monumental score and the images on screen.

Koyaanisqatsi is essentially a meditation on the beauty of the world we live and while it might not be for everyone I was transfixed by the scenes Godfrey Reggio chose to portray.

A beautiful, mesmerising piece of cinema.

• sage

★★★ Watched by sage 30 Mar, 2015

if i was the editor of this movie i would be DEAD

• HorsHedBookends

★★★½ Watched by HorsHedBookends 26 Mar, 2015

An interesting experiment in cinema, Koyaanisqatsi pairs its gorgeous imagery with entrancing music for a beautiful experience

• Shervin Ghiami

★★★★★ Watched by Shervin Ghiami 17 Mar, 2015 4

I'm quite surprised this isn't even more acclaimed than it already is, for Koyaanisqatsi is absolutely divine.

That is, the audience sees the landscapes and urban life of Koyaanisqatsi from a completely inhuman perspective, as if we are omniscient cosmic entities softly observing the basic tenets of human nature. But this is not an empowering piece, it is a humbling one. The vastness of the universe makes every single minute detail irrelevant in the grand plan of the cosmos.

Yet…