• Spencer Serra

★★★★½ Watched by Spencer Serra 10 Oct, 2015

Good cops, bad cops, naughty cops, nice cops, straight cops, crooked cops, happy cops, sad cops.
    -L.A. Confidential in a nutshell

★★★★★ Watched by THEON KYNE DY 10 Oct, 2015

We should all give a hear-hear, not a hush-hush, to writers Brian Helgeland and Curtis Hanson for this fantastic work.

Can I give this one more than 5 stars?

• Cody Ritchie

★★★★½ Watched by Cody Ritchie 07 Oct, 2015

I would love to write a review for this movie but I think it's better to keep it off the record, on the QT, and very hush-hush...

• Robert Armitage

★★★★ Rewatched by Robert Armitage 06 Oct, 2015

I understand that LA Confidential condenses a lot of story into two hours and some odd minutes, but that results in a lot of magically coincidental events that propel the story forward. Further, character motivations are similarly glossed over. I can see Crowe's attraction to Ms. Basinger (who wouldn't), but why she is interested in him? Not so much. Spacey has a moral epiphany that is set-up by one short scene of pensive looks. It's all very glossy... like a Hollywood picture.
    The acting is pretty fantastic overall and even if I was often looking at the seams on this rewatch, I enjoyed myself.

• jellicott

★★★½ Watched by jellicott 05 Oct, 2015

Man, Kevin Spacey really likes being in pseudonym-as-plot-crux movies.

• Clint Cullum

★★★★ Rewatched by Clint Cullum 03 Oct, 2015

Curtis Hanson's best outing as a director succeeds due largely to the strong cast, clever script, and the kind of enjoyable dark-Los Angeles-underbelly story that Hollywood takes perverse glee in telling about itself.

• Joe Simko

★★★ Watched by Joe Simko 03 Oct, 2015

This is definitely not a bad movie but I was not a big fan. The acting was very good and I enjoyed the portrayal of 1950s LA. I just found it a little bit too hard to follow so I missed the full experience. The film also lacked any sympathetic characters even though it tried really hard to make some. I'm sure I would enjoy this more if I saw it again but I don't know if I'm willing to spend another 2+ hours on it.

• Oscar Pascal

★★★½ Watched by Oscar Pascal 28 Sep, 2015

Complex and evolving narrative, at times has Coen brothers vibes from all the killing offs. K Space is top notch as per usual

• Dennie van der Tuuk

★★★★½ Rewatched by Dennie van der Tuuk 23 Aug, 2015

Probably one of my favorite moder film-noir's. Everything is near perfect in this movie. The intricate story that had many layers. The all star great to perfect performing cast, the setting, the mood, the music. Just a movie that deserves all the credit it gets as it is really great.

• DevX

Watched by DevX 26 Sep, 2015

L.A. Confidential did not appeal to me on a philosophical level, and it wasn't very entertaining until the end. Most of the film was boring. Also, I found it somewhat hard to follow. None of the characters are likeable. None of it makes any sense. Why the hell did I watch this damn movie!?

• AlcopopStar

★★★ Watched by AlcopopStar 19 Sep, 2015

A good movie that fails to be particularly remarkable in anyway.

A victim of it's own influence maybe? From plot to characters it simply felt like I had watch this movie many times before.

• The Warriors

★★★½ Added by The Warriors

A very good movie ! with the beautiful Kim Basinger who is not the best actress around i think.
    A lot of suspense, plot surprises and strong language in this police movie.