• Hemi

★★★★ Added by Hemi

Overall a solid movie. Plenty of twists and crooked dealings to keep it interesting. Plenty of known good actors which normally means a movie will tank, does not do so here.

• Josh

★★★ Watched by Josh 11 Oct, 2014

A good neo-noir, but half the time Ed White (Russell Crowe) was in a scene, he was beating people up, and that got old after a while.

• Rose

★★★★ Watched by Rose 06 Oct, 2014

Good:Kevin Spacey, Russell Crowe , and Guy Pearce were all excellent, rest of the cast were good too. Nice dialogue. Intriguing story. Love Danny Devito's narrations in the few scenes they were featured. Nice twists.

Bad: It felt a little rushed towards the second half of the film but not a big detractor.

Overall: Another movie I wish I saw earlier. I love when neo-noir films get it right (take note Gangster Squad!). I might view this film again because it does have a lot going on with the plot that I probably missed (and usually do with these types of films)

• Joe DiCanio

★★★ Watched by Joe DiCanio 02 Mar, 2011

Rating: B-

• Hao Xu

★★★★½ Watched by Hao Xu 30 Sep, 2014

No idea why I haven't seen this before.

Everything about this is perfect, harkens back to old cinema.

That being said, if you go into this for the first time with the new, 'it's hip to be clever', 'I've seen this type of stuff 1000 times' mentality and can not appreciate the solid 'cliche' mechanisms that come with classic story telling then I only have one thing to say to you....

....Rollo Tomasi

• Jay-r Trinidad

★★★★ Watched by Jay-r Trinidad 12 Apr, 1981

watched films that start with the letter l.

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★★½ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

L.A. Confidential directed by Curtis Hanson, starring stormy cast of Kevin Spacey, Guy Pearce and Russel Crowe. L.A. Confidential has become a celebrated neo-film-noir, with multiple layers of dark truths beneath it. Entire cast of the film gives praise-worthy performance. It might be that Steven Spielberg gave homage to a similar scene, from L.A. Confidential scene, where Kevin Spacey is shot, into his film Minority Report '03, where Colin Ferrell gets shot, both coincidently echoing same tone of the scene.

• Jason

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jason 22 Sep, 2014

B&W

• trinareena

Added by trinareena

A pick from my film book

• Rob Schultz

★★★½ Watched by Rob Schultz 20 Sep, 2014

I think all I knew about this movie was the clip shown on the Mystery Science Theater 3000 Vice Presidential Command Performance Academy of Robots' Choice Awards Preview Special, so I thought it was going to be a lot of boring standing around and saying cryptic things with Kim Basinger, who turns out to be in this movie about as much as Danny DiVito is in the poster.

Instead, I liked La Confidentiál, and that I'm glad it was made…

• Adam Cadre

★★★ Rewatched by Adam Cadre 10 Nov, 2009

• Filipe Bezerra

★★★★★ Added by Filipe Bezerra

This is an example why sometimes I get so proud of the 1990´s.

I remember some movies being so important to my formation as a movie fan and definitely L.A. Confidential is one of the main reasons I love cinema.

Back then one of the things that kept me thinking was how would it be like going to the theaters to watch Rear Window, Sunset Blvd, Anatomy of a Murder, The Conversation and many others films that stays with you…