• Zach B

★★★★ Added by Zach B

While I thought bits of the movie were over the top and some the dialogue was stupid, I still really enjoyed the twists and turns of the film. The performances were great. My one big beef with the film is Bud White. I feel like he’s portrayed as a heroic figure when he’s more of anti-hero. He unnecessarily violent, kind of a dick, aggressive, and is a woman beater. Sure he’s had a bad past and he’s done good things,…

• mette

★★½ Rewatched by mette 25 Apr, 2015

Utbredd korruption och skandaler bland poliser. Ganska ingetsägande, trots bra skådespelarinsatser.

• David Gutierrez

★★★½ Added by David Gutierrez

A solid detective film-noir with good performances and a nice story that reminds a lot to the superior Chinatown, but it has some scenes that drag in rythm and the characters are not very quite memorable.

• Greg Speranza

★★★½ Added by Greg Speranza

Why Did I Take So Long to Watch This or: How I Learned to Worry About Cops Even More and Get My Mind Blown Simultaneously

• Moe Acharki

★★½ Watched by Moe Acharki 19 Apr, 2015

A very interesting concept but there are a number of scenes that drag on which sadly brings the film down, but on the bright side, it contains superb acting.

63% out of 100%

• Mischka

★★★★ Rewatched by Mischka 06 Apr, 2015

No one is wholly good and no one is wholly evil. That doesn't mean, however, that some characters are just so easy to hate and others so easy to love. I never thought I'd be rooting for Russel Crowe, but here we are. There are plenty of twists and turns to be had but they manage to be followable without being obvious or over-explained. This movie makes me feel sweaty with anger, anxiety and the oppresive heat of suits in summer.

• Mathias Axberg

★★★½ Rewatched by Mathias Axberg 16 Apr, 2015

DeVito and Spacey are still fun, the rest doesn't hold up that great.

• Junior Andrade

★★★★★ Rewatched by Junior Andrade 12 Apr, 2015

If you handed Chinatown a pair of brass knuckles and put it through testosterone therapy, LA Confidential is what you'd end up with. The story is a multi-layered complex juggernaut that's brutal, filthy and corrupt--all while hiding behind the guise of The Good Old Days. The cast is superb (even the ones who I've come to avoid), Curtis Hanson's direction is superb and the photography is great. An incredibly underrated movie.

• dpettinger

★★★★½ Rewatched by dpettinger 10 Apr, 2015

Sergeant Ed Exley (Guy Pearce), is the son of a legendary LAPD detective and is determined to live up to his father's reputation although he is hated by his fellow officers for not having the chops to cut it as a detective, and primarily for being a grass. Bud White (Russell Crowe), whom Exley considers a "mindless thug", is a plainclothes officer obsessed with violently punishing woman-beaters. Jack Vincennes (Kevin Spacey) is a narcotics detective who is driven by fame…

• Daniel Meschter

★★★½ Watched by Daniel Meschter 12 Apr, 2015

Curtis Hanson assembled a grab-bag of rising Hollywood stars, mashed them into a wonderfully complicated procedural script, and created one of the most gorgeous period pieces ever made. Every actor brings his A-game and manages to come off suave and badass (admittedly, all Guy Pearce has to do is flaunt his cheekbones); Kim Basinger as the femme shines with a nobility and sexiness I couldn't get enough of. L.A. Confidential is solid, well-crafted entertainment despite some nonsensical plotting and an ending too happy for its otherwise mature tone.

• Alberto del Rio Medina

★★★★★ Watched by Alberto del Rio Medina 12 Apr, 2015

Es un gran film. Se recomienda con el sello de aprobación del Rio.

• KiK A.M.

★★★★ Rewatched by KiK A.M. 13 Apr, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Algunos alcanzan la gloria. Otros se quedan con las prostitutas y un viaje a Arizona.

¡Ay, Kim...!