• Craig Dawson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Craig Dawson 23 Feb, 2015

As corruption grows in 1950s LA, three policemen - one strait-laced, one brutal, and one sleazy - investigate a series of murders with their own brand of justice.

I watched this not long ago, but had the chance to see it on the big screen so there was no way I was going to pass on it. I love this film, everything is top notch, the script is spot on and the performances from the ensemble are pitched at the…

• Anthonyle17

★★★★★ Added by Anthonyle17 1

This isn't a review for L.A. Confidential, but rather, a review for House of Cards Season 3. This just seemed like the most appropriate film of Spacey's to put it under. I was completely blown away by the third season of House of Cards. The whole series has a very cinematic feel to it, and this season is especially great. If you haven't seen the series, you probably shouldn't read this review.

For those who have seen the series, everyone…

• Aaron King

★★★★★ Rewatched by Aaron King 22 Feb, 2015

Curtis Hanson is a fantastic director. I wish that he would make more films because he clearly has an eye for making great films and choosing great actors for the roles. Who would have thought all of these fantastic actors now unknown then would have made this film be so great. The big stars were Kevin Spacey, Kim Basinger, Danny Devito, and James Cromwell. This film got a bunch of Oscar nominations and should have one best picture for 97…

• Lauren H

★★★★ Watched by Lauren H 22 Feb, 2015

Great thriller about crooked cops in LA.

I love Kevin Spacey.

• Brian Hann

★★★★½ Added by Brian Hann

A superb movie full of atmosphere.

Great acting from the entire cast. Especially Kevin Spacey and Guy Pearce

• willmoviefan97

★★★★★ Watched by willmoviefan97 18 Feb, 2015 3

On the surface, "LA Confidential" may seem like your typical cop film, but it's the fascinating setting, and layered characters that makes it so much above most other films in the same genre. Along with impeccable performances from the entire cast (how did Crowe and Pearce at least not get a nod?), a great soundtrack, an intruging mystery, assured direction, and Hanson and Helgeland's pitch perfect screenplay, this is a really compelling look into the world of corruption, scandal, politics and prostitution of the 50s era. I really felt like I was in the 50s and the world around it.

• Mario Rabelo

★★★★★ Watched by Mario Rabelo 18 Feb, 2015 3

Que filme. Que atuações. Parem de fazer filmes de super heróis e façam mais filmes de investigação.

• MrJago

★★★★★ Watched by MrJago 16 Feb, 2015

They don't make 'em like this anymore kiddo.

• Carter

★★★★ Rewatched by Carter 14 Feb, 2015

Off the record, on the QT, and very hush-hush.

• Alex Schwartz

★★★ Watched by Alex Schwartz 08 Feb, 2015

If L.A. Confidential were orange juice it would be subtitled "Lots o' Pulp," whereas "Grovestand" or "Some Pulp" might've done just fine.

• residood

★★★★ Rewatched by residood 08 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I'm not sure if L.A. Confidential is a solid reenactment of this time period, or if the much hyped but ultimately repetitive and disappointing L.A. Noire is, but they both have the same feel in their portrayal of the city and the LAPD and the time, and their soundtracks are so close to each other.

I could watch James Cromwell be a corrupt leader of men every day of the week.

The good
    + atmospheric
    + nice soundtrack (except for those drums right before the credits, wtf?)

The bad
    - danny devito's character's manner of speech is... is that for real?

• feudin

★★★★½ Rewatched by feudin 06 Feb, 2015

Like a fine wine this gets better with age. Great to see these 3 Aussies all get their first crack at Hollywood. And I couldn't remember any of it so 'twas like watching it for the first time.