• Eric King

★★★★★ Rewatched by Eric King 01 May, 2016

This should have won best picture in 1998.

• human_smith

★★★★½ Watched by human_smith 01 May, 2016

Been on the watchlist for a long time. Great movie!

• Kelly

★★★★★ Added by Kelly

Every single time I watch a movie with guy pearce in it I remember how much I love L.A. Confidential

• Grant Berridge

★★★★ Watched by Grant Berridge 30 Apr, 2016

A great fun neo-noir. Lots of hard-boiled law men, a young Russell Crowe, Kevin Spacey, and Kim Bassinger as the femme fatale. Sharp suits too!

It's slightly too long, but that seems to be very common for the noir genre, and I suppose that's like saying "this summer holiday was slightly too long". I enjoyed every moment.

Perhaps I'd criticise the ending a little but it's awkward to do so without spoiling the plot. Let's just say I can imagine a more satisfying ending, and that's not true of my favourites of this genre.

I heartily recommend this one.

• Gabriel Normand

★★★★★ Watched by Gabriel Normand 27 Apr, 2016

What a better film to watch for my birthday.

Rarely have I enjoyed a song more than Accentuate the positive.
    Rarely have I seen a modern movie depicting so well a period.
    Rarely have I followed a story that much to avoid missing the smallest detail.
    Rarely have I experienced a movie that I would love to live in.
    Rarely have I said rarely that much.

• tony

★★★★½ Rewatched by tony 02 Feb, 2016

Lets go back into the distant past 1997 to be precise,only a mere two years later we would be colonising the moon and wearing jumpsuits,but back to 1997,This was the year that the film Titanic swept the boards at the Oscars ceremony,now personally I could not give a f**k about the Oscars or other award ceremonies,the last thing actors need is more idiots fawning over them.But crucially for that year one film suffered the most due to that floating overblown…

• Caitlin Dawn

★★★½ Watched by Caitlin Dawn 25 Apr, 2016

Good movie with a great cast. Ang gagwapo at ang gagaling nila Spacey, Russell Crowe at Guy Pearce. Production design was top-notch. There were a few moments where I lost interest but the story was really good. I also liked the montage on the title sequence with voice-over by Danny DeVito's character.

• Pretiacruento

★★★★ Watched by Pretiacruento 24 Apr, 2016

"Come to Los Angeles! The sun shines bright, the beaches are wide and inviting, and the orange groves stretch as far as the eye can see. There are jobs aplenty, and land is cheap. Every working man can have his own house, and inside every house, a happy, all-American family. You can have all this, and who knows... you could even be discovered, become a movie star... or at least see one. Life is good in Los Angeles... it's paradise on Earth." Ha ha ha ha. That's what they tell you, anyway."

• zach parker

★★★★½ Rewatched by zach parker 21 Apr, 2016

- gosh, this movie is so well-written. and the camera work and sound design is terrific. need to re-watch more closely, soon.

• Michel87

★★★★ Watched by Michel87 10 Jan, 2010

Great neo-noir.

8/10

• Charlie Moore

★★★★ Watched by Charlie Moore 19 Apr, 2016

Like Chinatown before it, Confidential attempts to capture the feeling of a noir in the '40s but with all the seedy cynicism put back in. It occasionally feels sterile or fake, but it is consistently intriguing. Like any good mystery is.

• Erich Girard

★★★★★ Watched by Erich Girard 18 Apr, 2016

Some say this should've won best picture over Titanic. I don't know about that, but this movie is fantastic in every way. Great cast, compelling story, and moral enticing afflictions will leave you wanting more.