• Heather Silvey

★★★★★ Rewatched by Heather Silvey 30 Aug, 2015

"You remind me of the babe."
    "What babe?"
    "The babe with the power."
    "What power?"
    "The power of voodoo."
    "Who do?"
    "You do!"

• CigarsOnMars

★★★★½ Rewatched by CigarsOnMars 30 May, 2015

Amager Bio vol. 1: 80´er kult film

Meget få gange i filmhistorien kommer der film som denne. Film der på en måde er fanget i sin helt egen lille tidslomme, og på magisk hvis er så perfekt, at det halve kunne være nok.
    En film der skal ses!

4,5/5

• FrankieStrange

★★★★★ Added by FrankieStrange

Pros:
    - David Bowie!
    - Jim Henson delivers impeccable sets and puppets
    - No CGI
    - Lots of glitter
    - Great songs
    - Unique
    - Unforgettable

Cons:
    - Never, none.

• Ebanezer Nevermind

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ebanezer Nevermind 29 Aug, 2015

Written by Terry Jones of Monty Python fame, directed by Jim Henson, with music by and starring David Bowie as Jareth (The Goblin King), this is an absolutely wonderful fantasy film that also manages to teach a wonderful lesson about growing up. Even today I find myself smiling and laughing at the conversations and situations that our group of heroes find themselves in.

• brsporter

★★★ Watched by brsporter 28 Aug, 2015

Beautiful design, very creative in concept and practice. The story itself is a bit muddy.

• Travis Cooper

★★ Watched by Travis Cooper 30 Jul, 2015

Film 211 of Project365, a project in which I watch a new film every day for a year.

Packed with imagination and pure fantasy, Labyrinth lacks charm and instills creepiness despite its visual bravado.

• gbaker

★★★½ Rewatched by gbaker 21 Aug, 2015

when i was a kid i could have watched the magic dance scene on repeat. and don't remember much else about it.

this time i was more objective and have three key points:
    - more screen time for bowie, ambrosius and didymous.
    - delete the post peach dream scene and the firey dance.
    - ludo saying "smells bad" is *hilarious*.

• nrbeaton

★★½ Watched by nrbeaton 31 Aug, 2010

Cute puppets, and Bowie's fairly entertaining.

• Ben Radetski

★★★ Watched by Ben Radetski 20 Aug, 2015

I've been watching a lot of kool movies lately.

This movie has David Bowie in it.

I think you can put two and two together.

• cherprayers

★★★★ Rewatched by cherprayers 17 Aug, 2015

I just want to talk about my love for this film. I know it's not a film that people generally hate, but I have a lot of feelings for this film.

Firstly, I first saw Labyrinth around my sophomore year of high school, right before my estranged love affair with David Bowie began. The thing about this movie is, I bet he hated being a part of it, and while it might not be the best thing Bowie ever did,…

• Aidan

★★★★ Watched by Aidan 11 Aug, 2015

This was a delight. So many hilariously odd moments, the wonderful Sir Didymus, Ludo - it's great. That said the ballroom sequence is just plain odd, and a lot of the music is quite painfully dated. Finally, the ending is like the anti-Wizard of Oz really?

• James Malley

★★★★½ Rewatched by James Malley 15 Aug, 2015

There's certainly some flaws in Labyrinth: the 80's cheese can be a bit grating, the film is mostly just random events with no major plot, and there's plenty of cliches.

But when a movie is this goddamn fun and visually creative, with a memorable performance from David Bowie, it's easy to overlook the movie's flaws and just get wrapped up in the amazing world. Labyrinth is not perfect, but it is pure goofy fun from start to finish, and sometimes that's enough for a great time.