• Mully Mullennix

★★ Watched by Mully Mullennix 31 Mar, 2015

This was a bad Wizard of Oz rip off. I think it thinks its homage but its not. A lot of people love this so I was excited to give it a shot. Its a fairly straight forward story but here is what I didn't like.

- David Bowie
    - David Bowie's balls and pointer in my face
    - David Bowie singing every song and they suck
    - David Bowie looking like a guest star on Sesame Street the whole…

• Franco

★★★★ Watched by Franco 29 Mar, 2015

I dug it a lot. The humor was up my alley and I loved the creativity in so many of the concepts behind the various worlds and puppetry.

Surprisingly enough, I found Bowie to be the weak link. He looked bored. And his music was mostly awful. His hair was crazy good though.

• Lena Houst

★★★★ Rewatched by Lena Houst 28 Mar, 2015

As difficult as it often is to tell what this film is - a horror film where the protagonists anxieties and nightmares are mirrored by the obstacles in her way; a sentimental and impishly adolescent childrens tale; a hyper-eroticised David Bowie fever trip - there's something so intoxicating about this film's distinct gibberish.

• Icky Clan Films

★★★ Watched by Icky Clan Films 27 Mar, 2015

Why can't David Bowie be in more movies?

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

Quite enjoyable.

• Zack Quaintance

Watched by Zack Quaintance 25 Mar, 2015

Labyrinth is better suited to be played on mute at a trippy lounge or bar than to be actually viewed as a film.

• jadecanard

★★★½ Added by jadecanard

Nostalgia will ensure this remains a firm favourite.

• lantio

★★★★½ Watched by lantio 17 Mar, 2015

Whenever I watch many people's childhood favourites for the first time now, I am always quite worried I will not like them. There are many films that people love due to nostalgia and hold them in such high regard because they loved them when they were kids, even if they aren't that good. However, Labyrinth was freakin' awesome! It was just so much fun to watch. The puppets, the songs, David Bowie, it all worked so well and it was…

• Matthew Bowers

★★★½ Rewatched by Matthew Bowers 21 Mar, 2015

Surprisingly solid film that works due both to the fact that it is 100% earnest without a trace of irony, and that there are serious and adult themes running just beneath the surface. Its pacing is predictably episodic, but that doesn't diminish the fun and wonder. A little more character development with Sarah at the beginning would have made the emotional impact of the climax pay off more, but overall, I dug it.

• kcd__

★★★★★ Added by kcd__

Amazing, I absolutely love it.

• Kris

★★ Watched by Kris 17 Mar, 2015 2

Overlong, poorly paced and filled to the brim with annoying characters. Like The Dark Crystal I can't fault the imagination of the filmmakers but this was very disappointing and a tedious watch. Top notch production design can't save this movie.

• Jtamarru

★★★★ Added by Jtamarru

La volví a ver el otro día y me lo pase genial. No se si sera por los muñecos (no entiendo porque no los siguen usando, quedan mucho mejor que los efectos hechos con ordenador. Supongo que serán mas baratos), por Jennifer Connely (creo que hizo todos los papeles de niña de los 80) o por el siempre genial David Bowie, que construye un malvado de esos que deja huella.

En fin la recomiendo encarecidamente.