• Rooster423

★★★★½ Rewatched by Rooster423 04 Oct, 2015

Bad dialogue, a simple story that doesn't care to explain itself, and bizarre editing choices that make the film feel incredibly disjointed at times. But it has David Bowie musical numbers and Jim Henson's world-building so A+.

• DiaDaily

Rewatched by DiaDaily 02 Oct, 2015 1

Idk why I like this film so much. I make all my friends watch it.

• Abbey

★★½ Watched by Abbey 02 Oct, 2015

Unfortunately, I think this film loses some of its charm watching this for the first time at 20 - and not as a kid in the 80s. It was fun for the most part but it felt a little long and the acting wasn't great. Sadly I didn't love all of the soundtrack, the set design looked a little cheap and the scary bits as described by some fans weren't really at all scary. Although the ending was very sweet. Worth a watch if you're a Bowie fan I suppose. 2.5 stars.

• Snakes

★★★★½ Watched by Snakes 01 Oct, 2015

Magic Dance/10

• ShinJones

★★★★★ Rewatched by ShinJones 01 Oct, 2015

David Bowie's bulge and drugs.

• Jessi Robb

★★½ Watched by Jessi Robb 30 Sep, 2015

i'll take whatever drugs this was on please and thank you

• Cass Wall

★★½ Added by Cass Wall

Without the nostalgia of having seen this as a child, this is not a great film. Much more SNL Jim Henson than Muppets/Fraggle Jim Henson.

That said, Bowie is amazing. I will watch his first song from this over and over a hundred times.

• cbutt09

★★½ Added by cbutt09

It's campy fun, but that's the only positive thing I can really say about it. The lackluster production values, uninspired soundtrack, and wooden acting make the film pretty underwhelming.

• Minionofhell

★★★★½ Rewatched by Minionofhell 17 Sep, 2015

I watched this movie first way back as a child and I still haven´t made progress on the question why David Bowie turns me on.

• Vincent van den Ouden

★★★½ Added by Vincent van den Ouden

Labyrinth is zo’n schoolvoorbeeld van hoe leuk het kijken naar een cultfilm kan zijn. Dit gegeven geldt tweemaal zo sterk als het gepaard gaat met een stevige dosis jeugdsentiment wat bij mij het geval is.

Het verhaal is simpel, maar lucratief. De 15-jarige Sarah (Jennifer Connelly) moet een exotisch doolhof doorkruisen om haar kleine boertje te redden uit de klauwen van Jareth the Goblin King (David Bowie). Connelly en Bowie zijn vrijwel de enige twee ‘echte’ acteurs in wat verder…

• Sarah McMullan

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sarah McMullan 05 Sep, 2015

I rewatched this as part of writing this...

• Danny Farrington

★★★★★ Added by Danny Farrington

My favourite film of all time, start to finish, it is just perfect. David Bowie, I adore you. Jim Henson, you're a legend.