• wabbit

★★★ Watched by wabbit 01 Jul, 2015

Bowie and his a'maze'ing trousers kidnap a baby.

• Brian Tousey

★★★ Watched by Brian Tousey 29 Jun, 2015

Released June 27, 1986.

The main problem with "Labyrinth" is that you aren't really sure the heroine deserves to complete her quest, beat the bad guy, win the day. She's (very quickly) established as a whimsical flibberdegibbit; a girl whose head is lost in a world of fairies, goblins, and blah, blah, blah.

Because of this, Sarah is an hour late for babysitting her little brother, a gig that basically looks like hanging out at the house while the little…

• Jye Briscoe

★★★½ Watched by Jye Briscoe 29 Jun, 2015

Labyrinth is a fun movie from Jim Henson, but I can't help but feel a little let down after hearing all of the great reviews for it.

I much prefer The Dark Crystal, which I thought was just excellent. Still, Labyrinth is a lot of fun and it's always a joy to see the different characters and amazing puppetry.

• theactualjase

★★★½ Watched by theactualjase 29 Jun, 2015

This was fairly enjoyable although I think I was expecting more somehow. I enjoyed the creepy vibe, which was helped of course by the music. The film did feature some pretty great David Bowie songs. I also liked the surrealist staircase scene at the end. The puppets were cool, and funny. But still, I don't know. I was expecting more.

• hotsake

★★★★ Rewatched by hotsake 28 Jun, 2015

This is overall a great movie which is better because I grew up watching it. Labyrinth is a weird film to rate tho because although it has aged well it's got some problems too. Two big problems, first the beginning is poorly acted and make Sarah unlikable (which is okay) and the biggest problem for me is the numerous musical numbers that seem to rip myself and everyone I've watched this with out of the movie. Everything else is so good, just those damned music numbers almost ruin everything.

• bree1981

★★★ Rewatched by bree1981 28 Jun, 2015

Film # 24/30 of Scavenger Hunt 3!
    Task # 6 A Film About of Featuring Child's Toys!

letterboxd.com/bree1981/list/scavenger-hunt-3/

I vaguely remember seeing this film when i was younger but it wasn't one of the films I'd watch over and over again like The Goonies or The Princess Bride so I don't have any emotional attachment to it and too be honest I remember very little about it.
    A young Jennifer Connelly plays Sarah, a stroppy teenager who wishes her baby…

• kurt k

★★★½ Watched by kurt k 24 Jun, 2015

confirmed: david bowie is a fucking owl. knew he wasnt human.

• Cait Cibulsky

Watched by Cait Cibulsky 18 Feb, 2015

This was heinous??? Like nigh on unwatchable?? Surely it is only nostalgia that makes people speak fondly of this.

• Phillerb

★★★★½ Added by Phillerb

I love this film. A classic fairy tale with great (albeit very 80s) music. Watched it as a child and loved it and recently watched it again on a long flight home and still loved it. David Bowie can do no wrong, and Jim Henson will always amaze me. A classic not to be missed.

• Alex Vaughan

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Vaughan 17 Jun, 2015

The appeal of 'Labyrinth' is impossible to put into words. I challenge anyone to watch Labyrinth and not fall in love with every character.

Although the director, Jim Henson, will be best remembered for his work on 'The Muppets' and 'Sesame Street' this is, in my opinion, his greatest achievement.

The design of everything on the screen is spectacular, from the sets to the characters themselves. The design of the puppets along with the performances really make them come alive.…

• Daniel Bigler

Rewatched by Daniel Bigler 28 Dec, 2009

Wow. This movie is a completely different experience when you watch it on the big screen and David Bowie's tights-clad crotch has been giganticized right in front of you.

• James Locke

★★★★ Rewatched by James Locke 16 Jun, 2015

FIlm #2 of the Scavenger Hunt #3 Challenge
    Task #6: A film featuring a child's toy(s)!

Oh man, watching this for the first time in years really took me back to my childhood. I loved it just as much this time as when I watched it as a kid. It's just so much fun: the characters and creatures from the imagination of Jim Henson are wonderful, Jennifer Connelly is great (I never realized how young she was in this), and…