• Isabelle Hill

★★★★★ Added by Isabelle Hill

The time and skill that must have gone into the sets and puppets is fucking incredible! It's so real looking! The labyrinth is so imaginative and the soundtrack is brilliant, if you haven't seen it already definitely watch it!
    Best character is definitely the cockney worm, they should do a sequel just about him!

• Marna Larsen

★★★ Added by Marna Larsen

I feel sad that this movie is an 'in word' with so many of the nerdy because it now has WAY to many unpleasant associations for me that I'm afraid my love for this movie just couldn't withstand. I don't know. I haven't tested the theory (though I did recently pick this up on VHS so we'll see how that goes).

• Lasse Marhaug

★★★★ Rewatched by Lasse Marhaug 23 Feb, 2015

Imagine if Bowie did this film in 1977 – it'd be heavily influenced by krautrock and Brian Eno would be all over it.

• Santana Lowell

★★★★½ Rewatched by Santana Lowell 20 Feb, 2015

"As The World Falls Down" holds up as the best sequence and song of the film.

• nolancv

★★ Added by nolancv

this is bad, but still watchable

• Vince Roque

★★★½ Watched by Vince Roque 19 Feb, 2015

A classic fairy-tale adventure combined with David Bowie and Jim Henson being the master of his craft.

All I could think about while watching this was how fun this film must have been to make.

• Brian Hann

★★★★½ Added by Brian Hann

There was a rich period of fantasy movies in the 80's and for me Jim Henson's movies were the best.

Yes, the effects today are dated. No CGI in existence did result in beautiful sets and props. And again, yes the movie is essentially muppets with helmets and swords. But this is a great tale of a teenage girl (spoilt) coming of age through meeting Jareth the Goblin King.

David Bowie was undoubtedly the star of the movie and the musical soundtrack from him helps make the movie.

My kids watched this recently and loved it. So there we go.

• Parker

★★★★½ Rewatched by Parker 16 Feb, 2015 2

I have loved this movie since I was a tiny baby and I continue to love it as an adult. *

*Except for the stuff at the costume ball. That stuff has always put me right to sleep.

• clarelouise4

★★★★★ Added by clarelouise4

what's there not to like about this film??! :D loved since I was a child

• individual128

★★★★ Rewatched by individual128 14 Feb, 2015

Perfect Valentines Day viewing for our little private cinema at 20th Century Flicks.

WWA? 10

• Keith

★★★ Watched by Keith 14 Feb, 2015

Amazingly this is my first time watching this and I really enjoyed it. Gets the balance right! Kids will love it, adults will enjoy it.

• Jordan

★★★★ Added by Jordan

A lot more David Bowie penis than I remember from my childhood. With an irreverent and totally ridiculous screenplay from Pythoner Terry Jones, and Jim Henson's brilliance with puppets, there is just so much to love. Intricate set designs, an annoying Jennifer Connelly, and a lake made of anuses - what more could one possibly ask for?

Thank you for re-introducing me to my youth, Netflix. You're doing god's work.