• Paul Anthony Nelson

★★½ Rewatched by Paul Anthony Nelson 19 Jul, 2015

Some inventive production design and Bowie's charisma aside, I'm still not convinced this film is any good. Barely hangs together as a fairy tale.

• A.C. Neel

★★★½ Watched by A.C. Neel 19 Jul, 2015

A crazy, kookie, whimsical, bizarre artistic experience. And that's just Bowie. Add in Henson's brilliant mind, and you have one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen.

• Matthew Calabro

★★½ Watched by Matthew Calabro 11 Jul, 2015

The animatronics were excellent for the time, 1986. There was at least one very obvious green scene “dance” with fiery monsters that was too obvious and didn’t really add anything to the story. Jim Henson’s influence was very apparent, and the movement of the characters was in line with the animated characters at the time. George Lucas's funny side was evident, with a touch of the dramatic and musical from casting David Bowie as the eccentric goblin king. Young Jennifer…

• McMac Henry

★★½ Added by McMac Henry

it would have made a lot more sense if the goblin king was a goblin, like the rest of the inhabitants goblin world, but david bowie was a wonderful replacement

• Josh Darby

★★★★★ Rewatched by Josh Darby 23 Jul, 2015

Always a great watch. This is the most complete film of Jim Henson's that's not a Muppet film. Music a fun and plot driven, the characters (both puppet and real) are relatable and sympathetic, and the creepy factor is near the top of the dial but not quite to 11.

David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly are both outstanding as, basically, the only two human actors in the film. The story is a fun and fantastic fairy tale. There's so much…

• Kyle McMahon

★★★★ Added by Kyle McMahon

Wish i would have seen this when i was younger. Such a good kids movie and hoggle is one of my favorite characters of all time

• Oliver

★★½ Watched by Oliver 22 Jul, 2015

My new so-bad-it's-good movie of choice.

• WolfBoy

★★★½ Watched by WolfBoy 23 Jul, 2015

As charming as ever, love the puppet work and the music. Oh and of course, Bowie's crotch is front and center.

• Connor Scully

★★★½ Watched by Connor Scully 20 Jul, 2015

I had actually never seen this before despite years of friends pressuring me to. Really, it's an average movie overall but the puppet work is spectacular. It's not a boring movie and constantly keeps you entertained. It's hokey and David Bowie's song is dumb but there's some really hilarious stuff buried in this movie. Stylistically, it's a little cheesy but lots of it is really cool with creatures and lands of all kinds constantly appearing and blending the modern world semi-seamlessly into a fantasy world.
    Worth watching just for the puppets though.

• chill007

★★★★★ Added by chill007

I have no idea how many times I have seen this movie, but it never gets old.... My number 1 favorite movie.

Don't go that way!

• kate

★★★½ Watched by kate 20 Jun, 2015

labyrinth was genuinely enjoyable, but i've gotta be honest: i expected more, seeing as how people have been scolding me for as long as i can remember for never having watched it.

• stepback

★★★ Rewatched by stepback 06 Jul, 2015

GRADE: B-
    The special effects and makeup are by far the star of this film, it's amazing how this was all achieved in a year like 1986. Then again, some of it painfully does not hold up, but most of it does. The acting is subpar, the characters are fun to root for for the most part, and while the story gets a little off track sometimes, it's incredibly original.