• nason319

★★★★★ Watched by nason319 25 Jul, 2015

Today my friend and I went in to Barnes & Noble with a goal in mind: Let's watch something together that neither one of us had seen.

I thank my lucky stars this is the film we decided on.

Lawrence of Arabia is a three hour and forty-seven minute trek through the eyes of T.E. Lawrence (played by Peter O'Toole), a British military officer from the First World War who is sent to assess the prospects of British ally Prince Faisal's…

• sailordanae

★★★★★ Rewatched by sailordanae 26 Jul, 2015

One of the true masterpieces of cinema. Also a personal favorite. There is nothing I can say that hasn't been said already, no praise high enough. I have no criticism of this film. Every part is magnificent. One of the finest films ever made.

• Paul Bulger

★★★★½ Watched by Paul Bulger 26 Jul, 2015

My experience watching Lawrence of Arabia is very akin to my experience playing through The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. It's an amazing game with brilliant visual presentation, and I absolutely love all of the bits in between the gargantuan amounts of sailing, but I can't say I'll ever play it again because the gratuitous amounts of sailing is unbearable. Just replace the seas and the boats with camels and sand, and you get Lawrence of Arabia, an excellent movie…

• Ken Guidry

★★★★★ Watched by Ken Guidry 24 Jul, 2015

An overwhelming cinematic experience. I'd say more, but I'm tired.

• Scottes82

★★★½ Added by Scottes82

Let's start with whats good and great about this movie: superb and often beautiful desert photography, a great film score. It also has a bold and comitted performance from the lead. Although his portrayal is often abstract and distant, so it's also a problem for me, especially when it's his character that's the focal point of the movie.

Those who know this film will probably be surprised by anything less than four stars. I feel it's length combined with the…

• sambartz

★★★★★ Added by sambartz

A revolutionary picture that may be the most epic film of all time. While the four hour viewing time may intimidate prospective watchers, the inspired directing, brilliant cinematography, fantastic score and world-class acting will combine to create a spectacular memory. Lawrence of Arabia is one of the most powerful, imagined, and influential films ever made.

• TommyM33

★★★★★ Watched by TommyM33 13 Jul, 2015

Lawrence of Arabia is an almost flawless, all-time classic, displaying the most beautiful (and longest) desert shots you will ever see in your life. As iconic the character of T.E. Lawrence, the British officer sent to the Arabic peninsula to rile up the Arabic tribes against their Turkish overlords, is, Peter O'Toole portrays the man as agile, fluent and transformative as you can demand from a single actor.

Small warning: the film takes 216 minutes to complete, including a 5-minute black-screen Intermission that will, and I assure you this, have you glued to the screen for it's full length. Be prepared for the lengthy, awesome adventure!

• Keflik Wu

★★★★★ Watched by Keflik Wu 23 Nov, 2012

老片之濫觴!

• Morton101

★★★★★ Added by Morton101

My favorite film of all time. Great acting, great cinematography, great score, great character study. What more could you possibly ask for?

• EasyBake

★★★★½ Watched by EasyBake 23 Jul, 2015

My 1000th film.

• John Jay

★★★★★ Watched by John Jay 21 Jul, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

It's somewhat difficult for me to comment on just how well this man can make an epic. I feel somewhat in ignorance about that honestly, with this being the first film of Lean's I have seen. Now, what that said, I almost feel entirely confident saying there is no one who can make an epic any better after seeing Lawrence of Arabia. It's just that fucking good. I'm aware that isn't a fact. But that hopefully describes my over all…

• Matthew Hodgkin

★★★★½ Watched by Matthew Hodgkin 18 Jul, 2015

A touching and compelling story, staring a man we all know, but know nothing about. This film truly earns the label epic. Its scale of people and locations is mind blowing, for its age and effort to recreate Arabia this film is astonishing. Well acted and well achieved.