• Oliver Paa

★★★★★ Watched by Oliver Paa 25 Jan, 2015

Epic! A true and timeless Hollywood classic. Even by today's standards this film is marvelous.

• Eric Carlson

★★★½ Added by Eric Carlson

This film is like getting drunk on a Sunday night - you're having a good time; it's still technically the weekend and you've been pretty fucked up for some time now, but you look at your watch and you're like, "damn I have to be at work in like two hours," and so you start drinking water and eating saltines and shit, but the drunk just won't go away, and before you know it you're sitting at your desk Monday morning and you're like, "What the fuck - that never fucking ended, but it was still pretty rad."

• joy-pix

★★★★★ Added by joy-pix

David Lean's masterpiece was painstakingly restored for the fiftieth anniversary of its original release. Utterly breath-taking: Peter O'Toole's piercing blue eyes, Omar Sharif, the camels, the music, and the most compelling character of all - the desert.

• Maverick1701A

★★★½ Watched by Maverick1701A 19 Jan, 2015

Lawrence of Arabia is a sweeping epic that follows a British soldier named T.E Lawrence as he helps lead the Arab revolt against the Turks in World War I. This film has that classic status in cinema and I think part of that is it's scope. It's a rather long film at nearly four hours. Throughout the film there are many large scale battles that would be completely CG if it was released today, but being done in 1962 it…

• Mr_Blonde

★★ Watched by Mr_Blonde 20 Jan, 2015

'On the whole, I wish I'd stayed in Tunbridge Wells.' - Mr. Dryden

On the whole, I wish I'd asked for something else for Christmas. This film has a massive reputation, and I've been prioritising classic movies. So, I asked for this for Christmas, just like I asked for The Searchers last year. Apparently, the director of Lawrence of Arabia watched The Searchers repeatedly whilst making Lawrence, to get the wide, expansive shots of the desert right. Well, he got…

• Kyle Doerksen

★★★★ Watched by Kyle Doerksen 21 Jan, 2015

It's pretty insane in scope. I guess I understand the whole EPIC moniker. Still, four hours of tromping through the desert can get a little tedious for the millennial crowd.

• emilio

★★★★★ Watched by emilio 25 Oct, 2014

I don't use the word lightly: I was spellbound for the four hours I spent watching this movie. Seeing LAWRENCE OF ARABIA was a major turning point in my movie-watching hobby: it gave me a desire to actively seek out stuff that predates the seventies, and gave me the confidence to never be intimidated by a movie because of its runtime.

The greatest quality of this movie, beyond its sweeping beauty, is how intimate yet enigmatic the portrayal of T.…

• Blots

★★★★ Watched by Blots 19 Jan, 2015

I’m fascinated by Peter O’Toole’s face in ‘Lawrence of Arabia’. There’s just incredible variety as to what it’s caked in at any given time:

• dry dirt
    • wet dirt (mud)
    • sand
    • blood
    • sweat

...and so on. This has got to be one of the most incredible looking films I’ve ever seen, and certainly the most remarkable digital restoration I’ve ever put eyes to. ‘Lawrence of Arabia’ is filmmaking like nothing else.

• rvonkampen

Watched by rvonkampen 18 Jan, 2015 2

wow

• Mark Ciemcioch

★★★★★ Rewatched by Mark Ciemcioch 19 Nov, 2014

Haiku Review:
    Epic character
    study makes me want to see
    movie on big screen.

• Brandon Green

★★★★★ Watched by Brandon Green 11 Jan, 2015

Why doesn't anyone do overtures anymore?

• Jorge Pardo M.

★★★★ Watched by Jorge Pardo M. 11 Jan, 2015

Probablemente sea la película con la mejor fotografía que haya visto hasta la fecha. Sin exagerar. El desierto se convierte en el lugar más atractivo de la Tierra durante las casi cuatro horas de metraje que dura la cinta. El guión, espectacular. Las interpretaciones son mayúsculas, aspecto muy meritorio tratándose de una obra coral de semejantes características; desde Peter O'Toole, hasta Alec Guiness, pasando por Omar Sharif. Impresionantes todos.

Lástima esa última hora y media final, a partir del interludio, donde la película decae un poco, paradójicamente, cuando mayor es su ritmo (?). No importa. Es un clásico inapelable. La película de aventuras por excelencia.