• Illusion Mihawk

★★★★½ Added by Illusion Mihawk

The grand journey of a man's connections with a country he wasn't born in, but still felt obligated to help and even lead.

I will just start out by saying that i don't know anything about the real T. E. Lawrence, only what was shown in the film, and some of the people who knew him didn't seem very happy with this film. Therefore, i will just judge it as a film on it's oun.

The pacing is very slow,…

• Judah Finnigan

★★★★½ Watched by Judah Finnigan 24 Nov, 2015

in whose name do you ride?

• Bunkerwelt

★★★ Watched by Bunkerwelt 23 Nov, 2015

Can we get George Lucas to do a Special Edition of this movie where he replaces all the actors wearing blackface with real people of color? And maybe put some womefolk in it too? I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I like womenfolk. Maybe CGI them in the background in the cityscenes or something like that. They don't need to talk, I mean what does womenfolk have to say anyways?

• Álvaro De França

Watched by Álvaro De França 21 Nov, 2015

Uma obra-prima de duzentos e dezesseis minutos.

• Marcel Geiger

★★★ Watched by Marcel Geiger 20 Nov, 2015

Gewaltiger Historienschinken über ein naiven Abenteurer und Möchtegern-Feldherrn, der langsam dem Wahnsinn des Krieges anheimfällt. Es wird ein früher Vertreter des modernen Agent-Provocateur beschrieben, welche im Hintergrund die Strippen der Supermächte und Geheimdienste ziehen. Eine Art Mensch der hier als Kriegsheld verklärt wird, welche die entscheidenden Zahnräder im Räderwerk von Chaos und Gewalt im 20. Jahrhundert gewesen und bis heute sind. Im Kleinen zeigt sich in der Figur auch das langsam dem Größenwahn verfallende englische Imperium.

Fantastische Bildqualität, Ausstattung und sehr gute Darsteller.

• Arlowe_

★★★★½ Watched by Arlowe_ 15 Nov, 2015

C I N E M A

• Lorenzo Manildo

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lorenzo Manildo 13 Nov, 2015 2

Five months ago, I finally saw Lawrence of Arabia and I became obsessed with this movie. This is my third watch in five months (and maybe I will manage to watch it again before the year ends) and yet it is still 217 minutes of sheer spectacle.

What I love about this movie is that it manages to tell a really epic and grandiose story without loosing sight of its human figures. Every single character in the film has his…

• njba

★★★★½ Watched by njba 02 Nov, 2015

A fantastic example of what cinema is capable of: bold, sweeping, moving and ambitious. Really impressive performance by Peter O'Toole.

• RedDeadEd

★★★½ Added by RedDeadEd

"Mr Dryden: Lawrence, only two kinds of creature get fun in the desert: Bedouins and Gods, and you're neither. Take it from me, for ordinary men, it's a burning, fiery furnace.
    Lawrence: No Dryden, it's going to be fun."

T.E. Lawrence was certainly no ordinary man. With Middle East interests from an early age, he later entered British Army Intelligence and served as the political liaison officer in a revolt against the Turks during WWI. He was the titular focus…

• Jasmine

★★★★½ Watched by Jasmine 07 Nov, 2015

Okay but omar sharif is one of the most attractive people I've ever seen in my life.

• blind_choice

★★★★½ Rewatched by blind_choice 06 Nov, 2015

Day 37 of 365 of my year long challenge

Week 6: Lest We Forget.

Yes, Remembrance Day is on its way, so let us honour those who fell in the most unfair manner of all.

Based on the life of T.E. Lawrence, Lawrence of Arabia is one of the greatest films ever made. It's long and unfamiliar in so many ways to the modern film audience, but this film is more than just three and some hours of…

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★★★★ Rewatched by Paul Zoccolillo 07 Aug, 2011

the apotheosis of cinematic spectacle, absolutely everything about this film was no less than brilliant, the acting, direction, story, and landscapes all captivate in an instant when viewed for the first time, a jewel in the medium's crown