• Patrick Mullen

★★★★ Rewatched by Patrick Mullen 29 Aug, 2014

This epic and complicated film is far better when you watch it the second time. Featuring a unique five-act screenplay rather than a three-act one, David Lean's film is a challenging but also very rewarding one.

• UberReviews

★★★½ Watched by UberReviews 08 Sep, 2014

4 hours. I understand that this is one of the best films ever made, but sadly I was very bored.

The film was bloody beautiful to look at and is incredibly ambitious for its time.

I just don't think any film needs to be 4 hours long...

7/10
    Blu-ray picture 10/10

• ninajackson

★★★★½ Watched by ninajackson 31 Aug, 2014

My God what an amazing film! Unforgettable

• Greg

★★★★ Added by Greg

The music influenced my sense of grandeur. I loved it. This is my kind of plot too, so I was predisposed to like the movie. And Peter O'Toole seemed to convey the delicate, peculiar man I understand T.E. Lawrence to have been.

• Joel Vered

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joel Vered 03 Sep, 2014

Lawrence of Arabia is one of favorite movies of all time. I thought since I just started this blog, I might as well start reviewing my favorites. If you didn't know, Lawrence of Arabia is about T.E. Lawrence, a british officer in World War I, who helps the arabs when they want to revolt against the turks. Since the movie is nearly 4 hours, it's easy to get bored, but the overall spectacle entertained me every step of the way.…

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 27 Sep, 2008

Despite the fact that I have seen David Lean's nearly four-hour epic Lawrence of Arabia more than a couple of times, it has never managed to conquer my cinematic heart, so to speak. Nevertheless, it's a film I admire deeply. It certainly deserves its status as one of the most awe-inspiring, masterfully crafted, and epic productions in film history, and Peter O'Toole's performance in the title role is every bit as legendary as it is said to be.

• Sean Balanger

★★★★½ Watched by Sean Balanger 27 Aug, 2014

Watching this film quite literally feels like traveling days across a burning desert. While that sounds like a horrible experience, as long as you watch this in a nice air-conditioned room, you really get that very experience without the heat and sunburn and dust covering every part of your body. I've been meaning to tackle (and tackle is an accurate term considering its nearly 4 hour run time) this film for awhile and I'm glad that my first experience with…

• Guilherme Semionato

★★★★ Rewatched by Guilherme Semionato 27 Aug, 2014

Practically the proto-THE ADVENTURES OF PRISCILLA, QUEEN OF THE DESERT.

Still absorbing and captivating, sure, but it looked bigger on my 29-inch TV screen back in 2001. To be fifteen again...

• Will M-L

★★★★½ Watched by Will M-L 27 Aug, 2014 15

I feel like a bad person for giving this film anything but a 5 haha.

Believe me, this film deserves a 6. I know it does. And once I watch it again I'll probably reward it that rating.

It's the epic of all epics. It's sweeping, encompassing, masterful, fucking BEAUTIFUL, exceptionally framed.

With the 4K transfer I just watched, it feels like this movie was made yesterday. But then I thought to myself.. No, I don't think they could make…

• Gnske

★★★★★ Added by Gnske

The superb epic that others should look to emulate in their pathetic attempts to create an epic of their own.

O'Toole was truly in a class of his own.

• Joeri Boodt

Watched by Joeri Boodt 26 Aug, 2014

In my environment, the term 'epic' is generally used for an overkill of CGI or other big (battle) stuff. So it surprised me that Lawrence of Arabia is called this, but is very much about a man losing his balance. If you think about it, what is more EPIC than diving into the psyche of a man in conflict? Well, the desert, obviously.

Masterpiece, you just got to see it. It's long, but majestic in every possible way.

• Usernametoolong

★★½ Watched by Usernametoolong 10 Aug, 2014

I feel a little bad, I didn't actually like it all that much, the first part was nice enough. After the intermission, I first thought that after having established the legend, they would go for a journalistic counter-look which would have been quite interesting, there's a bit of that, but I thought it could have gone further.
    Overall the nicest things I can say is that it was pretty (it was a 4k restoration), but I didn't really feel the epic spirit or the conflict. I wasn't actively bored, but I was too rarely engaged.