• Simon9688

★★★★★ Added by Simon9688

A masterpiece.

• David Raposa

★★★★ Watched by David Raposa 24 May, 2015

A 220-minute historical epic that opens with the main character's death, follows that up with about 30 minutes of high-quality slapstick (and all sorts of gorgeous imagery), then takes its time submerging its "hero" in existential semi-surreal quicksand (cf. that shot of the steamboat's stacks appearing over the sand dunes) so deep that when he emerges a broken, confused & wholly compromised shell of himself (if "himself" ever existed in the first place), you realize his death was (at least to…

• Tom Morris

★★★★★ Rewatched by Tom Morris 23 May, 2015

Epic.

• Michael Gannaway / Hucksta G

★★★★½ Watched by Michael Gannaway / Hucksta G 23 May, 2015

Finally got around to see this. Beautifully shot with some truly breathtaking shots and interesting, well written characters. Not sure it needed to be so long, though. That score is great and the scenery, magnificent.

• Aditya Gm

★★★★★ Added by Aditya Gm

It's the most beautiful, mind blowing film i have seeing. Look at the visuals peter o toole's acting, lean's direction and how inspirational the film is. An unforgettable exprience. You don't see the movie, you live it and that's a great thing.

• Treefingrs

★★★ Added by Treefingrs

Is it a grand epic masterpiece? Or is it just really long? Hard to say. I think I'd have to watch it again to find out, but I'm not sure I have that kind of stamina.

• fbtimes

★★★★★ Added by fbtimes

Looking for words to describe such a monumental film is just an exercise in futility. That's because Lawrence of Arabia is a great many things to a great many people, including yours truly. It's a grand spectacle. It's fascinating in size and scope. It's beautiful to look at and listen to. And it's also, in my opinion, one of the greatest films ever made. Showcasing sweeping, never-ending landscapes, gorgeous cinematography, an unforgettable musical score, and incredibly fine acting, David Lean's…

• Sam Burgess

★★★★★ Watched by Sam Burgess 12 May, 2015

epic.

• murrddocks

★★★½ Added by murrddocks

beautiful. RIP peter o'toole.

• David Gutierrez

★★★★ Added by David Gutierrez

I'm not a fan of epics, but I have to admit the quality or Lawrence of Arabia, of its performances, score, scenary, story, script and production overall. And maybe it's because I'm not a fan of epics, but I wasn't glued to my seat and the film did let me go a couple of times before the ending, contrary to the experiences of the majority. However, fan of epics or not, Lawrence of Arabia is a very good film.

• Benjamin Turnbull

★★★★★ Watched by Benjamin Turnbull 08 May, 2015

I finally did it. Watched in Collingwood with my parents, grandma, and brother to celebrate David's impending Arabian adventure (although only me and grandma stuck through to the end). On DVD.

TSPDT #24

• Liam Best

★★★★★ Watched by Liam Best 03 May, 2015

In terms of sheer quality, with regards to story, script, acting, cinematography, pacing... This film is damn-near perfect. It is a masterpiece plain and simple, and I don't think anyone could deny that. The score is iconic, the scenery is beautiful and the Blu-ray transfer looks great. You just get sucked into this desert, and it doesn't let you go until 4hours later, and in that whole 4 hours not a single minute is wasted. This far exceeded my expectations, and I hold no reservations about giving this film 10/10, it truly deserves it.