• Rosp

Nota = 5

• Liam Haber

★★★★½ Watched by Liam Haber 26 Jun, 2015

The Remainder #33: Lawrence of Arabia

For those that haven't followed this project of mine, I've been doing so hard work trying to finish the AFI Top 100 before I graduate. As it stands now, I will be sitting in the seats on the field of my school in just over six hours, walking in under seven. And in eight hours, I will be a prospective freshman at Fordham University. And I finished my list finally.
    This has been a…

• Yuri90

★★★★★ Watched by Yuri90 26 Jun, 2015

13.

Non conoscevo la storia di Lawrence, della sua incredibile forza di volontà e amore per il popolo arabo. Questo gran bel film me lo ha fatto conoscere nel migliore dei modi con una grande regia, attori e scenografia. Davvero un piacere.

• AlphaDream

★★★★★ Added by AlphaDream

dope as fuqq niqqa

• Will Perkins

★★★★★ Rewatched by Will Perkins 20 Jun, 2015

Digital projection of the restored 4K version.

Absolutely stunning.

• Zac Goldkind

★★★★★ Watched by Zac Goldkind 20 Jun, 2015

The greatest British Epic I've seen.

Lawrence of Arabia is a sweeping monument that has left a very large stamp on cinema as an art form. Is this landmark in filmmaking one worth noting? There is no doubt in my mind that Lean's masterwork shines bright in the vast history of the moving picture. From the opening overture I knew I was in for something special. The score is powerful and mesmerizing, one that cannot be forgotten, one that is…

• wiz52

★★★★ Watched by wiz52 19 Jun, 2015

I should really check the duration of a film before I click play but that isn't to find fault with this epic masterpiece. At times I felt myself drift off only to gawp at another glorious long shot of the empty desert.

Eventually I checked IMDB.com simply to confirm that Peter O'Toole really hadn't won the Oscar for Best Actor. Then I realised that he'd NEVER won one. Ridiculous.

• perfectsessions

★★★★★ Added by perfectsessions

One of the Greatest Ever

• Joe Richards

★★★★★ Watched by Joe Richards 21 Jun, 2015

Lean's grandiose epic combines stunning photography, a stirring soundtrack, and wonderful central performances,to make for one of the greatest films ever made.

• JeffPed

Watched by JeffPed 20 Jun, 2015

At the heart of this incredibly dense film, which examines destiny, legacy, and foreign interventionism, is Lawrence, an ethereal figure (played to absolute perfection by Peter O'Toole) who struggles to define himself in a system that rejects him, and a society that will always see him as an outsider.

Why does anyone bother with sweeping vistas anymore? It's only downhill after this movie.

P.S. Don't go into this film with only a couple hours sleep. Thank god for intermissions.

• Andres Guzman

Watched by Andres Guzman 20 Jun, 2015

As I sat in the theatre waiting for the film to start, I thought to myself, one of these days I'm going to watch a beloved classic film for the first time and just not enjoy it. My mind began racing and after seeing a trailer for this at the beginning of this presentation, I thought today would unfortunately be that day.

It wasn't.

Just who is Lawrence of Arabia? It's a constant theme and question that occurs through out…

• Kamran Ahmed

★★★★½ Watched by Kamran Ahmed 17 Jun, 2015

Review for Next Projection:

nextprojection.com/2015/06/18/dreaming-technicolor-lawrence-arabia/

87/100 - Running at 216 minutes, the quintessential epic, Lawrence of Arabia (1962), is undoubtedly one of the most impressive and extravagant features in film history, easier to respect than to be truly moved by.

The film is considered by many to be a great cinematic achievement, though much of it would be considered filmed theater.

In its entirety, Lawrence of Arabia feels rather mythical-fictional than archaeological/ethnographical. Though it supposedly documents the actions of a living person, the film wears its fictional rhetoric on its sleeve.