• Birdman

★★★★½ Rewatched by Birdman 26 Feb, 2015

9/10

• James

★★★★½ Rewatched by James 21 Mar, 2015

The 4K remastered print will just about melt your eyes. It's one of the most gorgeous things ever assembled.

I don't know what to say about this. An impossible, insane film to try to make, and yet somehow they succeeded. It's a relic of its time now, nobody will ever be crazy enough to try a production on this scale again, and no studio would (could?) ever fund it in the modern financial circumstances it would incur.

Sweeping adventure, rousing…

• Sophie

★★★★ Watched by Sophie 21 Mar, 2015

honestly... the Gayest movie I have ever seen... desert boyfriends

• sarfrazzle

★★★★★ Watched by sarfrazzle 27 Feb, 2015

Lawrence of a Arabia is the definition of an epic. The landscapes, the magnitude of the story, the scenes of battle, the runtime, they are all on such a scale never since replicated. In the fifty years since Lawrence was released no movie has accomplished the scale that Lawrence has.

• fengypants

★★★★★ Rewatched by fengypants 27 Feb, 2015

Movies are different every time you watch them. But I wonder if there will ever be a time when I watch this one and not completely love it?

• BrianLinn

★★★★½ Watched by BrianLinn 21 Feb, 2015

I’m not going to write about “Lawrence of Arabia”. An epic four hour film deserves more than what I can offer.

But I have to comment on the beautiful blu-ray that was released a few years back. After recently purchase a 4K television, I needed to test out a blu-ray on it, so I grabbed a still shrink wrapped copy of “Lawrence” that I purchased a few years back. After popping it in, and messing with the motion smoothing option,…

• Jason Dodson

★★★★★ Watched by Jason Dodson 09 Mar, 2015

It took me 38 years and 4 hours to watch this one.

• Mikael

★★★★ Watched by Mikael 07 Mar, 2015 1

I like the way that this film challenges the modern attention span. It lingers where most modern movies would cut away, and dwells on situations that would probably not have been filmed at all. It makes me wonder: Watching this film at home, on a small screen, how many people use those quiet moments to check their Twitter?

I don't have much love for so-called "multi-tasking" while watching movies, but I must confess that I, too, would find myself on…

• Blake Hall

★★★★★ Added by Blake Hall

Such a mad act of genius filmmaking. Quite possibly the most epic film I've ever seen. Peter O'Toole is legendary. It is on my bucket list to experience this in theaters someday

• Alex Hansen

Watched by Alex Hansen 01 Mar, 2015

Lawrence Muad'Dib.

• Burton

★★★★★ Watched by Burton 01 Mar, 2015

A towering creation. The magnificent shots of the 'train scene' are enough on their own to keep it in memory. The electric presence of O'Toole combined with the staggering barrenness of the desert...what more could one ask for?

• punkduck