• Alex Lovendahl

★★★★ Watched by Alex Lovendahl 08 Oct, 2015

What a starkly beautiful film. Its running time feels insane, and I remained almost wholly distant, but I do think it's a smart work that should never have functioned.

• dawn_mp

★★★★ Watched by dawn_mp 26 Aug, 2015

Beautiful film. Peter O'Toole is incredible in it, and also, incredibly good looking. It is, however, incredibly long.

• Tim Costa

★★★★ Watched by Tim Costa 05 Oct, 2015

Why is it so looooooooonnngggg?

• Johnathan Detrick

★★★ Watched by Johnathan Detrick 02 Oct, 2015

I know this movie is considered a classic and one of the best films ever made, but I just don't think it holds up. It's biggest problem? The three hour and forty minute run time. That's an awfully long movie, especially when no hobbits are in sight. The performances are good and the large scale crowd scenes are breathtaking, but the movie drags on so long that it left me exhausted, and not in a good way. An hour of this film could easily be cut, and I think the resultant produce would be superior.

• danielmendelson

★★★★½ Watched by danielmendelson 15 Nov, 2014

Lawrence of Arabia is a slow feast of cinema. "Epic" is assigned to this genre for a reason. This film is epic. It manages to be so without raising its stakes to a place outside of the world it has created and is able to combine beautiful cinema, stellar performances and gripping storytelling to make one of the greatest classics of all time.

• Tom Lyons

★★★★★ Watched by Tom Lyons 04 Oct, 2015

I can't believe I put off watching this for so long simply due being scared by the running time approaching four hours, for Lawrence of Arabia is definitely one of the finest films I've seen. The shots, particularly of the desert, show that even sand can look beautiful. Peter O'Toole delivers such a delicate and touching performance as a man with such an incredible story. A true epic in every way - I just wish I could see it on a massive cinema screen to truly appreciate the film's scope.

• Michael Lehmann

★★★★★ Rewatched by Michael Lehmann 01 Oct, 2015

Simply one of the greatest achievements in cinematic history.

• Jeff King

★★★★★ Added by Jeff King

Loved everything about this movie. The acting, the dialogue, and in particular the cinematography. The opening sequence with the Maurice Jarre score stunned me when seeing it for the first time on a big screen. O'Toole is brilliant throughout, in particular on his return from finding a comrade in the desert and his response to a line from Sharif: "Nothing is written." One of the best movies ever made.

• Dennie van der Tuuk

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dennie van der Tuuk 09 Jul, 2015

One of David Lean's masterpieces, one of the few director's who made several. Almost 4 hours of looking at sand could not have been more interesting then it is here. Great story and adaptation of the seven pilars of wisdom biography. O'Toole is Lawrence. Perfect perfomance. Rest of the cast is also just perfect. And there's the wonderfull photograpy. Epic.

• cqxray

★★★★½ Rewatched by cqxray 27 Sep, 2015

Sprawling, gorgeous movie of the Arab conflict in the early 20th century, with an English man called TE Lawrence, played by then-newcomer Peter O'Toole, who was a linchpinin the geopolitics of that area.

• Lance St. Laurent

★★★★½ Watched by Lance St. Laurent 27 Sep, 2015

A movie so grand and exquisite that I somehow forget about Obi-Wan Kenobi in brownface before every viewing.

• Kiorkof

★★★★★ Watched by Kiorkof 28 Aug, 2015

"Truly, for some men nothing is written unless THEY write it."

My father had been telling me for years to watch this "Epic" movie for years and finally had a chance when it came to netflix and found three hours and forty plus minutes to spare. It is truly what my dad said it was "EPIC", literally from start to finish the sheer scale of the movie was awe inspiring. The music pulled this movie from being great to being AMAZING! Lawrence of Arabia easily makes my Top 10 list when i get around to making it.