• Nick Ondras

★★★★★ Watched by Nick Ondras 18 Apr, 2015

100

If there's one thing you could say for David, it's that his movies were never LEAN. *hold for laughter/death*

Assigning a grade to "Lawrence of Arabia" is more than a bit like assigning one to cinema itself. No doubt, it's well-deserving of its accumulated hyperbole -- a paradigm in movie-making; a sand-encrusted relic; a roaring cavalry of biopic ambition. David Lean's 1962 achievement came during a peak era of Hollywood in which their financial candor gave way to the…

• Red_Dufresne

★★★★★ Watched by Red_Dufresne 16 Apr, 2015

The prospect of reviewing a film as legendary and perfectly made as Lawrence of Arabia is a daunting and somewhat futile endeavour. Suffice to say that if you haven't seen it before, you are missing out on one of the true masterpieces in cinema history. A film that hits all the right narrative, character, and cinematic beats with aplomb, it is difficult for me to pinpoint an aspect of the production that I was completely enamoured with. I was enthralled…

• KMOKLER

★★★★ Added by KMOKLER

I found some performances in this classic to be a little poor but as an epic this film is very near perfect.

• Justin Morales

★★★★★ Added by Justin Morales

This is one grand and epic movie and that is still selling it short. It is one of the most engaging films ever made despite it's ridiculously long running time. If you liked the Lord Of The Rings trilogy or other such films then this will be right up your alley. It is a wonder how this ever got made in the first place, one would imagine this would be a hard sell for producers. It is the definitive action…

• Rory M

★★★★ Watched by Rory M 12 Apr, 2015

Part of The 2015 Project: Best Pictures

Lawrence of Arabia earns a spot on my "likes" list, which is far more prestigious in my head than it actually is in reality, but overall I can't view it as anything other than a disappointment, a very good disappointment but I simply don't regard it as the masterpiece that so many do.

I suppose my chief complaint is that I didn't feel that any of the characters were really developed particularly thoroughly.…

• JJ Perkins

★★★★★ Watched by JJ Perkins 07 Apr, 2015

They don't make them like Peter O'Toole anymore

• Philip Soava

★★★★½ Watched by Philip Soava 05 Apr, 2015

One of the most ambitious films I've seen to date, but the lengthy runtime really hit me while watching it already sleepy! Once I see it again at a better time, I'll likely bump my rating of the movie to 5 stars.

• Dan Clark

★★★★★ Watched by Dan Clark 05 Apr, 2015

When a movie is so built up as Lawrence of Arabia it could almost do nothing but disappoint. However, my high exceptions did little to dim my love for this film. Arabia's immersive beauty of potent tragedy make it much more richer experience than comparable epics. The sheer scale is a marvel to behold, but its true greatness lies in its humanity. I hope one day I will be lucky enough to catch this on the big screen so I can witness it in the manner it was made to be seen.

• Christopher Martin

★★★★½ Watched by Christopher Martin 05 Apr, 2015

Been waiting for a decent sized TV to do justice to this. Quite stunning the whole way through, although a rather downbeat ending.

• thiagodlk

★★★★★ Watched by thiagodlk 05 Apr, 2015

Apesar de ter uma duração longa, fato que pode ser um pouco desestimulante, o filme segue aos poucos mostrando o porquê de ser um grande clássico. Uma mega produção que nos faz querer saber ainda mais quem foi esse grande homem, chamado Lawrence.

• Mark Boszko

★★★★ Watched by Mark Boszko 04 Apr, 2015

Saw the restored 4K release at Cinerama Seattle. as part of their Saturday Classics program.

I'm not sure if it was just that I had a mild headache and cough, but I was *really* feeling the length this time. It *is* a great film, but… daaaaaaaaaamn.

At least they actually had a real intermission at intermission time, so I could go for some more chocolate popcorn.

• Zach

★★★★½ Watched by Zach 14 Feb, 2015

Lawrence of Arabia - 9.5/10

A brilliant film with outstanding production, great acting, and a tragic story of T.E. Lawrence.

I would love to give this film a perfect 10/10 rating, however a few things hold it back.

1. I feel it is overly long, and this is mostly in part due to it's excessive focus of cinematographic landscape shots. During the time it was released it makes sense, and it was most definitely beautiful due to the time period…