• Jonathan Poritsky

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jonathan Poritsky 30 Aug, 2015

Caught this on 70mm at the Paramount for the first time. I've seen it on 35mm, but this 70mm print was just plain gorgeous. This is a film that demands to be seen huge.

Even seeing it in such an expansive venue, though, my favorite scene remains one of the film's quietest. The scene is the exchange between Lawrence and Feisal in Feisal's tent, after everyone else has been dismissed. There is a magic to the scene, indicated by the…

• Elijah Davidson

Rewatched by Elijah Davidson 30 Aug, 2015 2

One day I'll see it in 70mm. Still, it was wonderful to see it on the big screen.

• Dan Ketchum

★★★½ Watched by Dan Ketchum 30 Aug, 2015

I saw the 2012 4K restoration in a theater today. This was my first time watching the film.

The visuals here are, of course, legendary, stunning, breathtaking, and unfathomably giant and perfect. The main musical theme is grandiose, and the costuming and makeup are wonderfully theatrical. Peter O'Toole's face is a real thing of beauty as well; his performance is sensational.

That said, I found the dialogue to be lacking, and the characterization of Lawrence to be confounding in the…

• Ryan Swen

★★★★★ Watched by Ryan Swen 29 Aug, 2015

This certainly deserves its reputation as one of the greatest films ever made, a combination of excellent, distinctive acting performances, gorgeous cinematography that perfectly matches the desert with the Super Panavision 70mm photography, a lush score, and marvelous direction from Lean. What surprised me was the excellent restraint displayed during most of the film, for example using long stretches of time for simply riding in the desert and using the score sparingly, and the film's simultaneous creation and deconstruction of the heroic qualities of Lawrence. Epic, yet intimate.

• Charlie Pacheco

★★★★★ Watched by Charlie Pacheco 29 Aug, 2015

Sin duda, una de las mejores películas que se han realizado. Las actuaciones son buenas, resaltando a Peter O'Toole que logra cargar con la película perfectamente. La dirección también es increíble, mostrándonos paisajes desérticos en perfecta fotografía, ademas de la forma de actuar de los árabes durante ese periodo, pero sobre todo, es una super producción que por momentos nos hace sentir en el sitio y tiempo en el que toma lugar, en una gran aventura, esto es lo que…

• Connor Denney

★★★★ Watched by Connor Denney 14 Aug, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Film #9 in My Countdown to 1000 Series

What it lacks in subtlety or experimentation, it makes up for in visual marvel and narrative excellence. Lawrence of Arabia may seem to be a conventional biopic, but it is one that captures a descent into insanity as sure as Howard Hughes's in The Aviator but much more explained, as we feel as if we understand Lawrence's drive to fight, kill, and frolic in the Middle East. The film may not be…

• Eric B

★★★★ Added by Eric B

P good! This movie doesn't feel like it's from 1962, except for the whitewashed cast, i suppose. A little long (still not as bad as the director's cut of Dances with Wolves, don't seek this) but overall quite enjoyable.

• Bennett Malcolmson

Watched by Bennett Malcolmson 23 Aug, 2015

Lawrence of Arabia is a great filmic experience. Despite it's long run time I wanted more. I was swept away by the adventures of T.E. Lawrence, drawn in by the vast expanse of the desert, and mesmerized by its ability to take its time. The film isn't in any rush to get where it's going, but never feels dull. It's entirely engrossing, and inspiring. My only regret is that I didn't see this film in a large screen distribution, but at home. Perhaps one day.

• Jordan_The_Bailiff

★★★★★ Watched by Jordan_The_Bailiff 22 Aug, 2015

See it Big! 70mm
    _________________

I have gone my entire life without having seen Lawrence of Arabia, not because I wanted to, but because I wanted to see it in the best way possible. I pushed it off until I was able to see it on the big screen. The opportunity arose and the conditions couldn't have been more perfect. My favourite movie theater in glorious 70mm. It was well worth the wait and definitely worth the hype I built in my own goddamn head.

• Barrie Lake

★★★★½ Watched by Barrie Lake 23 Aug, 2015

Part of Classics I Haven't Watched (Until Now)

It's been weeks since I last watched a film, so I decided make up for lost movie time by watching something tremendous: cinema's quintessential epic. It took me two days to watch, and thankfully the film is divided into two parts with an intermission to facilitate my lack of commitment to the full running time of nearly four hours.

It's hard to pick one single highlight from Lawrence of Arabia, because so…

• Iestyn Lloyd

★★★★½ Watched by Iestyn Lloyd 19 Aug, 2015

(Restored 50th Anniversary Edition)
    For my 2000th movie I had to pick an epic, and it doesn't get much more epic than this.
    Although long, never boring.
    Amazing vistas and intense performances.

• nrbeaton

★★★★★ Watched by nrbeaton 25 Jul, 2015

Historical inaccuracies aside, this gorgeous, moving biopic is epic filmmaking at its finest. O'Toole is magnetic.