• unawarewolf

★★★★½ Watched by unawarewolf 05 Jul, 2015

The ever-motion, the flux & peristalsis, the flow of myth and life and all of its comings and goings. How all is and consumes and bestows, inexorably, joyously and full up of dread.

• Sean Andrew Brown

★★★★½ Added by Sean Andrew Brown

Movies involving what this story unfolds over the run time with striking similarities to films such as Kill List not only in terms of bleak tone but story, totally becomes another awesome execution in the modern horror genre.

This is a movie that truly has the balls to go where it hints at throughout from the awesome opening scene to a proper mind-fuck of an end sequence.

• Mike

★★½ Watched by Mike 21 Jun, 2015

Clearly made by Polanski fans, tipping its cap frequently to Rosemary's Baby and The Tenant. It's too bad elements of Repulsion weren't thrown in to complete the homage to the Apartment Trilogy, as this lays the groundwork for a compelling and spooky thriller but kind of neglects to add the thrills. The courtship between Eline Kuppens' withdrawn athlete on the mend and Matthias Schoenaerts' champion archer is passionate early but stalls as secrets about the creepy apartment building he lives…

• primarioops

★½ Watched by primarioops 03 Jun, 2015

Los pokusaj rimejka rozmarine bebe.

• David Koenig

★★★★ Added by David Koenig

Left Bank (2008) Film Thoughts... here is a film I have had on DVD a bit now and it was a recommend by Philip Perron of Dark Discussions fame. I know when I picked it up, it's labelled as a "horror" film but when you start watching and get a long ways in, you start to think, "This is a horror film?". Then after a couple of reveals happen and you are like, "I'm all in!"

Marie is a track…

• senbe

★★★½ Watched by senbe 06 Dec, 2014

Belgian horror film that starts slow before reaching an odd climax. A young athlete moves in with her new boyfriend and discovers the strange history of the area. Quite gripping and distinctive, though it poaches elements from more famous horror films (to name them would be a spoiler.) Eline Kuppens gives a wonderful central performance that makes the character's tribulations all that more affecting.

Definitely worth watching for horror fans (especially those like me that prefer understated dread over gorefests.)

• ultimatejenn

★★★★ Watched by ultimatejenn 25 Sep, 2014

Trippy horror movie

• oooboodess

★★★ Watched by oooboodess 18 Sep, 2014

Follows the Rosemary's Baby formula with a bit of an interesting twist at the end, but its attempts at building mood don't work. The majority of the film is a pretty plain drama with some dark dream sequences/fantasies thrown in to remind viewers of an eventual payoff. Admirable effort, even if it doesn't hit the mark.

• Joachim Andersson

★★★★½ Watched by Joachim Andersson 04 Jul, 2014

A young athlete moves into her boyfriends apartment to recuperate after an ilness and discover some strange things going on when looking into the disappearance of the previous tenant. You've seen this story several times before, just not like this.

Linkeroever is a bit of a headscratcher in several ways. It takes its sweet time telling its story (I'm pretty sure that if you look up the word slowburner in an encyclopedia you will find this movie) and it's not…

• Lauren Donis

★★★½ Watched by Lauren Donis 12 Oct, 2013

It wasn't really horror-y for the most part, but it had this nice sense of dread and mystery. The lead was also fairly likable and had a bit more depth to her than they usually do. The ending was wtf, but the rest of it was entertaining enough for me to let it pass.

• Ipcress

★★½ Added by Ipcress

Stars for the cinematography, the acting from the leads, and the opening sequence; still, feels a little too derivative to be a standout in the tradition it’s working in. Watching it makes me better understand the negative reaction to a film like *Kill List*. Of the two films though, I find *Kill List* much more unsettling, much bleaker, and more often able to overcome its references.

• David Friend

★★ Watched by David Friend 04 Oct, 2012

Less a Horror movie than an arty Dutch film riddled with plot holes. The only thing that was shocking was all the nudity.
    (My Twitter Review)