• Alex Aloise

★★★★ Added by Alex Aloise

A Review Haiku

The world is lovely
    And baby giraffes are wet
    Thanks for this YouTube

• Bethany

★★ Watched by Bethany 01 Nov, 2015

This is a really interesting idea that I think unfortunately does not work out into a very interesting movie. I really wanted to like this and every once in a while there was a section that would catch me but it would quickly move into something that I didn't care about.

• Curtis

★★ Watched by Curtis 07 Nov, 2015

I wanted to like this movie, I really did. I like the idea behind it. But it moved a little too slowly and the subjects were a little too conscious of the camera. Didn't hook me enough to finish before it expired on Netflix.

• Joshua Goodman

★★★★★ Added by Joshua Goodman

A spectacularly funny, deep, insightful, heart-breaking, genuine, and downright real representation of our world. Watch it. . . Now. In case you were wondering, its a documentary filmed by people all over the world, in one day. July 24th, 2010 to be exact. Crazy day.

• Agnis

★★★★ Watched by Agnis 16 Oct, 2015

Superfun and pretty feel-good concept of showing just average people's life over a single day, but by combining 4500 hours of footage from around the world they got to cut out the boring bits.

• Patrick Mulcahy

★★★ Watched by Patrick Mulcahy 29 May, 2011

It is possible to have two entirely different reactions to the same movie watched in two contrasting circumstances. When I first saw the user-generated documentary, Life in a Day, at a Central London press preview in early April, I was struck by what the film lacked, namely a real sense of how politics at local and national levels affected people’s lives. We get the usual first-and third-world divides and a reference to life in Afghanistan – a female judo class…

• diannecatsby

★★★★★ Added by diannecatsby

we must be fully aware that each life form and being on this planet possess a life as vivid and real as yours.
    this movie has got to be one of the best documentaries that was able to capture daily life around the globe in it's rawest form.

all sorts of people, all sorts of life,
    all sorts of how to begin and end your day.

• Prasath

★★★★★ Watched by Prasath 21 Sep, 2015

• Aarom Acero

★★★★ Watched by Aarom Acero 08 Sep, 2015

Conmovedora y bellisima. Creo que jamas había llorado tanto en una película.

• Funes

★★★★ Watched by Funes 06 Sep, 2015 2

• Louisa

★★★½ Watched by Louisa 18 Aug, 2015

An interesting and moving document of recorded life over the course of a single day, much of it filmed by amateurs. This is a movie completely made in the editing room and I have so much, so much respect for the editors here, who needed to assemble a through-thread and a narrative without having much of an idea about what they were working with beforehand.

That said, I'd definitely call this a document, rather than a documentary. Some of the…

• Sam Barnett