• Louisa

★★★½ Watched by Louisa 18 Aug, 2015

An interesting and moving document of recorded life over the course of a single day, much of it filmed by amateurs. This is a movie completely made in the editing room and I have so much, so much respect for the editors here, who needed to assemble a through-thread and a narrative without having much of an idea about what they were working with beforehand.

That said, I'd definitely call this a document, rather than a documentary. Some of the…

• Sam Barnett

★★★★ Added by Sam Barnett

Sometimes gimmicks work.

• Gabor Lenard

Watched by Gabor Lenard 05 Aug, 2015

Amazing to experience the world from so many points of view

• Crawlspace Dweller Matt

★★★★ Watched by Crawlspace Dweller Matt 07 Aug, 2015

"Even though nothing great really happened, tonight I feel as if something great happened."

I remember when this film was announced and they asked people to film their day. I was very curious about this and remember playing with the idea of participating. In the end I didn't for whatever reason.
    5 years later and the film was still on my watchlist. I chose to watch this film when I was in the mood for something light, something real and…

• mfulton

★★★½ Added by mfulton

B

• TJ Ulrich

★★★★★ Added by TJ Ulrich

I highly urge everybody to see this at least once in their lifetime. A moving biography about life, death and marriage, and how every day is so precious

• pillole di cinema

★★½ Watched by pillole di cinema 21 Jun, 2015

Pochissime sono le storie davvero buone in #LifeinaDay che è figo come idea ma sterile nel risultato. Si poteva fare molto di più e meglio.

• Jesús Placencia

★★★★ Rewatched by Jesús Placencia 21 May, 2015

A beautiful exploration of humanity. Our fears, hopes, passions, tragedies and, quite simply, our existence. Extremely moving and exciting. A celebration of life.

• Xiaodong

★★★½ Watched by Xiaodong 14 May, 2015

Beautiful.

• Glen Grunau

★★★★ Watched by Glen Grunau 22 Feb, 2015

It is a big world and I am part of it. But how often do I remember this as I live out my daily experience?

My favourite scene: I loved the African women singing as they pounded their grain.

Mesmerizing.

• Jack Rys

★★★★ Watched by Jack Rys 27 Jan, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

A beautiful film about the everyday life of the people of the world. An ambitious project that turned out beautifully. The similarities and differences flowed together beautifully into one beautiful portrait of the world. For some reason, the scene with the woman talking to her boyfriend/husband over skype really resonates with me. Maybe it has to do with my father being away due to war when I was little, idk, but that really cut my heart seeing her the moment their skype ended. Idk, it was so genuine and filled my eyes with tears. Beautiful film.

• Jason MD-P

★★★★½ Added by Jason MD-P

Amazing how such a narrative about the human race can be woven from so many disparate parts. Editing this must have been a herculean task. Brought me almost to tears by the end, so I think the point was taken. My favorite part was the African women singing over video of people working all over the world. I can't help but wonder about all the other hours of film, but for something like this, and hour and a half is a smart length. It's good to leave the audience wanting more.