• einUfo

★★★★★ Added by einUfo

A respectful composition of 4,500 hours of footage from 192 nations provided by thousands of You Tube users recorded on one day, Saturday the 24th of July 2010. It fetches life as never seen before and shows off the adventures we are having. I am interested in my feelings about this movie when re-watching in 50 years.

My genre: 'Zeitgeist'
    My rating: 'Must see'

• VeganBen

★★★★ Watched by VeganBen 09 Oct, 2014

I would have never expected this to be so good.

Beautiful in it's unremarkableness. Gotta love those Scott boys.

• Alberto Farina

★★★ Watched by Alberto Farina 30 Sep, 2014

Provocatively produced documentary assembles sequences from hundreds of videos shot on the 24th of July, 2010 and uploaded onto YouTube. Some footage is exceptional, but it's usually the simplest and most intimate moments that strike the deepest emotional chords, reminding us how actually similar are most people's wishes and fears.

• Windyblue

★★★★★ Added by Windyblue

Warning:
    Graphic animal slaughter

brb bonding with humanity

• cronic

★½ Watched by cronic 05 Aug, 2014

3/10

Tried but i don´t give a shit about other people´s lives

• tavomama

★★★★ Watched by tavomama 11 Jul, 2014 1

mere edit is of considerable merit;the content was okay too although i can see why some people may hate this one

• Ian Buckwalter

★★★½ Watched by Ian Buckwalter 26 Jul, 2011

Read my DCist review.

• Brett the Wiese

★★★½ Watched by Brett the Wiese 29 Jun, 2014 1

Brief thoughts on Life in a Day, sort of Todd Gaines style:
    The opening with the sunrise was cliched, but well-managed with the exception of the elevator segment, which I felt was excessive. The waking up segments were neat and tasteful, especially with the widower and his young son. The Bengali offering section was my favorite segment and I would've loved to see a short film about those involved. Man recovering from surgery was touching. The Korean biker was neat,…

• Wesley Mead

★★★★½ Watched by Wesley Mead 29 May, 2014

This crowdsourced documentary has faced some tough criticism on Letterboxd - and elsewhere - but for me it was a moving, thoughtful work. It artfully blends beauty and horror, light and dark, night and day, finding surprising poignancy in contrasts subtle and otherwise. Despite the medium's inherent lack of narrative, I was kept enthralled by its beauty, immediacy and honesty. Absolutely worth a watch.

• sprizzle

★★★★½ Watched by sprizzle 13 May, 2014

This right here is the definition of collaborative filmmaking. It's a chopped together in a fluid enough way that leaves you feeling humbled and more in touch with the rest of humanity. This is a type of documentary that can have an impact on how you interact with people on a daily basis and can shape your opinion on the human race.

• Declan

★★★½ Added by Declan

What's it about? A crowd-sourced documentary in which people across the world were invited to film what they did on 24th July 2010. They uploaded their videoclips to You Tube, whereupon director Macdonald and his team edited over 4,500 hours of footage into a 90 minute snapshot of life in a day on Earth.

Is it any good? A really cool idea has resulted in an interesting experiment of a film. Watching it might make you feel happy, sad, moved,…

• saltwater

★★★ Watched by saltwater 23 Apr, 2014

Cute and poignant. A simple watch that isn't entirely life-changing or demanding, but doesn't really try to be either. I really liked the concept behind the project (i.e. a 'crowdsourced' documentary), and was really fascinated by the idea of finding beauty in the little, unremarkable moments in life. Not really something I'd run and go recommend to someone, but a pleasant watch nonetheless.