• Glen Grunau

★★★★ Watched by Glen Grunau 22 Feb, 2015

It is a big world and I am part of it. But how often do I remember this as I live out my daily experience?

My favourite scene: I loved the African women singing as they pounded their grain.

Mesmerizing.

• Jack Rys

★★★★ Watched by Jack Rys 27 Jan, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

A beautiful film about the everyday life of the people of the world. An ambitious project that turned out beautifully. The similarities and differences flowed together beautifully into one beautiful portrait of the world. For some reason, the scene with the woman talking to her boyfriend/husband over skype really resonates with me. Maybe it has to do with my father being away due to war when I was little, idk, but that really cut my heart seeing her the moment their skype ended. Idk, it was so genuine and filled my eyes with tears. Beautiful film.

• Jason MD-P

★★★★½ Added by Jason MD-P

Amazing how such a narrative about the human race can be woven from so many disparate parts. Editing this must have been a herculean task. Brought me almost to tears by the end, so I think the point was taken. My favorite part was the African women singing over video of people working all over the world. I can't help but wonder about all the other hours of film, but for something like this, and hour and a half is a smart length. It's good to leave the audience wanting more.

• Jesús Placencia

★★★★ Watched by Jesús Placencia 18 Jan, 2015

Beautiful and moving. The concept is great, and I found the result to be satisfying, cohesive, and very touching. Really enjoyed this.

• Panta Oz

★★★½ Added by Panta Oz

Crowd sourced documentary is always a risk and for that material to be useful there must be a person who knows what he (or she) is doing even before the material was received. And the director Kevin Macdonald was one of those people! Try to select 95 minutes of playing footage from 4500 hours submitted... just in your mind... and you'll understand what a task he had at front of him! At the end we got a documentary which is…

• eda

★★★★★ Added by eda

basically lots and lots of cute people doing every day things from all over the world and happy stuff and sad stuff and all sorts of different people and landscapes and its so pretty. my all time favorite feel-good film but i guess you wouldn't like it if you want an actual storyline, or, if you hate cute people and pretty things

• Roebucan

★★★★ Watched by Roebucan 29 Dec, 2014

A mesmerizing series of vignettes throughout the world that give an interesting look at how the entire world lived on a single day. It really brings the entire world into play using clips from nearly every country that submitted footage. The film also doesn't pull any punches, and is willing to showcase some of the more controversial clips people sent in. While I certainly don't agree with some of the more hateful "fears" people talk about, its still worth documenting…

• einUfo

★★★★★ Added by einUfo

A respectful composition of 4,500 hours of footage from 192 nations provided by thousands of You Tube users recorded on one day, Saturday the 24th of July 2010. It fetches life as never seen before and shows off the adventures we are having. I am interested in my feelings about this movie when re-watching in 50 years.

My genre: 'Zeitgeist'
    My rating: 'Must see'

• VeganBen

★★★★ Watched by VeganBen 09 Oct, 2014

I would have never expected this to be so good.

Beautiful in it's unremarkableness. Gotta love those Scott boys.

• Alberto Farina

★★★ Watched by Alberto Farina 30 Sep, 2014

Provocatively produced documentary assembles sequences from hundreds of videos shot on the 24th of July, 2010 and uploaded onto YouTube. Some footage is exceptional, but it's usually the simplest and most intimate moments that strike the deepest emotional chords, reminding us how actually similar are most people's wishes and fears.

• cronic

★½ Watched by cronic 05 Aug, 2014

3/10

Tried but i don´t give a shit about other people´s lives

• tavomama

★★★★ Watched by tavomama 11 Jul, 2014 1

mere edit is of considerable merit;the content was okay too although i can see why some people may hate this one