• Windyblue

brb bonding with humanity

• cronic

★½ Watched by cronic 05 Aug, 2014

3/10

Tried but i don´t give a shit about other people´s lives

• tavomama

★★★★ Watched by tavomama 11 Jul, 2014 1

mere edit is of considerable merit;the content was okay too although i can see why some people may hate this one

• Ian Buckwalter

★★★½ Watched by Ian Buckwalter 26 Jul, 2011

Read my DCist review.

• Brett the Wiese

★★★½ Watched by Brett the Wiese 29 Jun, 2014 1

Brief thoughts on Life in a Day, sort of Todd Gaines style:
    The opening with the sunrise was cliched, but well-managed with the exception of the elevator segment, which I felt was excessive. The waking up segments were neat and tasteful, especially with the widower and his young son. The Bengali offering section was my favorite segment and I would've loved to see a short film about those involved. Man recovering from surgery was touching. The Korean biker was neat,…

• Wesley Mead

★★★★½ Watched by Wesley Mead 29 May, 2014

This crowdsourced documentary has faced some tough criticism on Letterboxd - and elsewhere - but for me it was a moving, thoughtful work. It artfully blends beauty and horror, light and dark, night and day, finding surprising poignancy in contrasts subtle and otherwise. Despite the medium's inherent lack of narrative, I was kept enthralled by its beauty, immediacy and honesty. Absolutely worth a watch.

• sprizzle

★★★★½ Watched by sprizzle 13 May, 2014

This right here is the definition of collaborative filmmaking. It's a chopped together in a fluid enough way that leaves you feeling humbled and more in touch with the rest of humanity. This is a type of documentary that can have an impact on how you interact with people on a daily basis and can shape your opinion on the human race.

• Declan

★★★½ Added by Declan

What's it about? A crowd-sourced documentary in which people across the world were invited to film what they did on 24th July 2010. They uploaded their videoclips to You Tube, whereupon director Macdonald and his team edited over 4,500 hours of footage into a 90 minute snapshot of life in a day on Earth.

Is it any good? A really cool idea has resulted in an interesting experiment of a film. Watching it might make you feel happy, sad, moved,…

• saltwater

★★★ Watched by saltwater 23 Apr, 2014

Cute and poignant. A simple watch that isn't entirely life-changing or demanding, but doesn't really try to be either. I really liked the concept behind the project (i.e. a 'crowdsourced' documentary), and was really fascinated by the idea of finding beauty in the little, unremarkable moments in life. Not really something I'd run and go recommend to someone, but a pleasant watch nonetheless.

• Rosie Perera

★★★½ Watched by Rosie Perera 04 Jan, 2012

Good, Interesting

• Alex Repole

★★★★ Added by Alex Repole

Who knew watching a mother hold her newborn in her arms could bring you to tears? Who knew that even the youngest and poorest of children in Peru dream of owning an Apple computer? Who knew there are moonshiners in Romania?

Life in a Day is a wonderful way of just garnering a taste of the world at its simplest

• Eli

★★★½ Watched by Eli 03 Mar, 2014 2

This might have been more interesting if they tried to make more of a point, or if they came back to any of their subjects. The one thing that really annoyed me was the sound effects that they put in. There were so many sounds there that simply wouldn't have been captured with simple camera mics. Flies buzzing, slight wind sounds while skydiving, and others that were just too "perfect" to be captured in the moment. It just felt to…