• Bobby LePire

★★★★ Watched by Bobby LePire 09 Jan, 2016

This is a very interesting documentary, wherein people from all over the world recorded their lives for a 24 hour period of time. They then uploaded it to a specific YouTube channel, where director Kevin McDonald and his crew, whittled it all down to the 95 minutes we get here. Some people talk to the camera, others act like it is not there, and it is cool to see, not just the differences, but the numerous similarities as well.

There…

• MichaelEternity

★★★½ Added by MichaelEternity

A worldwide film project for the YouTube generation, in which Ridley & Tony Scott amongst others asked anyone and everyone to submit videos about a day in their lives (specifically July 24th 2010) and then went to work compiling and editing all the footage (over 45,000 hours) into a kaleidoscopic vision of life on earth during that one day.

Given the novelty and audacity of this concept, it surprises me how little attention the film garnered. The average person probably doesn't…

• Alex Aloise

★★★★ Added by Alex Aloise

A Review Haiku

The world is lovely
    And baby giraffes are wet
    Thanks for this YouTube

• Bethany

★★ Watched by Bethany 01 Nov, 2015

This is a really interesting idea that I think unfortunately does not work out into a very interesting movie. I really wanted to like this and every once in a while there was a section that would catch me but it would quickly move into something that I didn't care about.

• Curtis Loves Movies

★★ Watched by Curtis Loves Movies 07 Nov, 2015

I wanted to like this movie, I really did. I like the idea behind it. But it moved a little too slowly and the subjects were a little too conscious of the camera. Didn't hook me enough to finish before it expired on Netflix.

• Joshua Goodman

★★★★★ Added by Joshua Goodman

A spectacularly funny, deep, insightful, heart-breaking, genuine, and downright real representation of our world. Watch it. . . Now. In case you were wondering, its a documentary filmed by people all over the world, in one day. July 24th, 2010 to be exact. Crazy day.

• Agnis

★★★★ Watched by Agnis 16 Oct, 2015

Superfun and pretty feel-good concept of showing just average people's life over a single day, but by combining 4500 hours of footage from around the world they got to cut out the boring bits.

• Patrick Mulcahy

★★★ Watched by Patrick Mulcahy 29 May, 2011

It is possible to have two entirely different reactions to the same movie watched in two contrasting circumstances. When I first saw the user-generated documentary, Life in a Day, at a Central London press preview in early April, I was struck by what the film lacked, namely a real sense of how politics at local and national levels affected people’s lives. We get the usual first-and third-world divides and a reference to life in Afghanistan – a female judo class…

• diannecatsby

★★★★★ Added by diannecatsby

we must be fully aware that each life form and being on this planet possess a life as vivid and real as yours.
    this movie has got to be one of the best documentaries that was able to capture daily life around the globe in it's rawest form.

all sorts of people, all sorts of life,
    all sorts of how to begin and end your day.
    uh.

• Prasath

★★★★★ Watched by Prasath 21 Sep, 2015

Beautiful

• Aarom Acero

★★★★ Watched by Aarom Acero 08 Sep, 2015

Conmovedora y bellisima. Creo que jamas había llorado tanto en una película.

• Funes