• Jesse412

★★★½ Added by Jesse412

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• bulletproofQpid

★★★½ Rewatched by bulletproofQpid 29 Jul, 2014

Lifeforce is batshit crazy, but seeing as how it's a movie about nude space vampires found sleeping in a giant needle-like spaceship at the head of Halley's Comet and the shenanigans they get up to once they arrive in London town, batshit crazy seems like the right way to go with it.

• adam_j_scott

★★★ Watched by adam_j_scott 25 Jul, 2014

I figure I'd familiarize myself with some more Tobe Hoper films, it's been on my never ending bucket list of sorts. hehe.

A nice little Sci-Fi/Horror hybrid. Dealing with a British Science team travelling in outer space to find some a rare breed of vampires of sorts.
    Being brought out of suspended animation somehow, they escape and that's when the fun ensues.

A little slow in the beginning, but picks up. The one thing that will definitely bring you in is the special effects. A good storyline helps too.

• Chris Browning

★★★ Watched by Chris Browning 19 Jul, 2014

ridiculous but hugely entertaining

• Jack_Lehtonen

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jack_Lehtonen 14 Jul, 2014

Men Terrified of Women

This film is just so awesome, guys.

• mrbalihai

★★★★ Rewatched by mrbalihai 04 Jul, 2014 4

Wow, what a difference 30 years makes.

The first time I watched Lifeforce in a theater back in '85, I recall being distinctly underwhelmed by its over-reliance on Mathilda May's full-frontal nekkidness to paper over the half-baked plot and weak characterizations. However, upon rewatching it this evening, I was blown away at how skillfully Tobe Hooper weaves together Dan O'Bannon's cracking adaption of Colin Wilson's novel, "The Space Vampires", and John Dykstra's extraordinary practical effects into a truly entertaining mash-up…

• F. Chanson

★★ Watched by F. Chanson 27 Jun, 2014

Apparently this has been reappraised as a cult classic, but I don't see it. While the visual effects are quite good, the performances by a mostly mediocre, mostly British cast are distinctly lacking in, well, life force. Whether different actors - Terence Stamp and Klaus Kinski were originally slated to star - could have elevated O'Bannon's leaden script (quite a step down from Alien) remains doubtful, though.

• Brien Kelly

★★ Watched by Brien Kelly 19 Jun, 2014

This movie drained my lifeforce.

• Jack_Lehtonen

★★★★ Rewatched by Jack_Lehtonen 17 Jun, 2014

Completely committed and mesmerizing.

• Joshua Richardson

★★★★½ Rewatched by Joshua Richardson 17 May, 2014

Just checking. Still pretty good.

• Chris Martin

★★★½ Watched by Chris Martin 22 May, 2014

If you mix together the films Alien, Species and Jason Goes to Hell then you would have an idea of what to expect with Lifeforce. Its cheesy fun with great creature effects and an interesting story line.

• martinblank

★★★★ Added by martinblank

When contacted to play one of the leads in this bravura (though all-over-the-place) sci-fi shocker, John Gielgud reportedly sniffed, “I have no interest in appearing in a film directed by the man who made The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.” Hey, your loss, Johnny (this from the man who appeared in Caligula). Tobe Hooper’s $25 million special-effects orgy was trimmed by about half an hour prior to release (removing some important plot points, said Hooper; the DVD version restores fifteen minutes), but…