• Samuel Márquez Rosado

★★★ Watched by Samuel Márquez Rosado 27 Jul, 2015

Lifeforce es una película con muchísimos problemas a nivel de guión y edición, no sabiendo encontrar el ritmo o una lógica interna a los sucesos que se van aconteciendo. Sin embargo es una de esas películas de ciencia-ficción y terror de los ochentas que tienen tanto encanto que no puedes evitar sentirte arrastrado hasta ellas.

Claro que la preciosa Mathilda May también ayuda...

• Mart Noorkõiv

★★★½ Watched by Mart Noorkõiv 22 Aug, 2015 2

She was the most overwhelmingly feminine presence I have ever encountered.

Seda võib Mathilda May kohta öelda küll.

Järjekordne hoiatav lugu naiseliku vormi ülemvõimust meeste psüühika üle. Pluss, väga nauditav zombi-vampiir-tulnuka hübriid suurepäraste praktiliste efektidega.

Don't worry. A naked girl is not going to get out of this complex.

• mylovelycinema

★★½ Watched by mylovelycinema 09 Aug, 2015

Неплохая попытка «Кэнон Груп» сыграть в блокбастер, и весьма свежий взгляд на космических захватчиков. Не хватило разве что mind-blowing погружения в их мифологию.

• jessicarabbit

★★ Watched by jessicarabbit 07 Jul, 2015

Space vampires. Naked, space vampire.

• JosephFinn

★★★ Watched by JosephFinn 25 Jul, 2015

Not bad, but would be better with 15 minutes of repeated shouting trimmed.

• Derek Diercksmeier

★★½ Watched by Derek Diercksmeier 24 Jul, 2015

Tobe Hooper's Lifeforce is an utter mess and had such potential to be something incredible. It's a horror film about space vampires from the director of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre? Count me in! Other than some compelling images and the inherent appeal of nude space vampires, the film is largely disappointing. It's got an obnoxious score, terrible writing and often looks quite ugly. If there was ever a film that might actually benefit from a remake, this is it.

• Marcomarina

★★★★★ Added by Marcomarina

La vi por primera vez con siete años en el cumpleaños de un primo mío y ya me impacto,mas de tres décadas después y con más información,esto sigue siendo igual de divertido.Dirigida por Tobe Hopper,vampiros alienigenas,la Cannon detrás produciendo,una villana trícefalica,Londres arrasada como si hubiese sido la final de un derbi de los dos equipos de la ciudad.Tan disparatada que solo puedes amarla.B

• theworstmobster

★★★ Watched by theworstmobster 14 Jul, 2015

Sometimes dull, sometimes unintentionally funny, and with some unexpectedly great atmospheric music this is probably one of the better Cannon films.

• a_square

Added by a_square

One of the reasons that people just bounce right off of this movie is that it's an uneasy combination of genres and tones - a weird intermingling of Lovecraft, Stoker, Hammer, Romero, Carpenter, and even a little Spielberg. I don't evoke Stoker just for the vampires - there's a creepy repressed sexuality to the film that I think gives it an idiosyncratic charge, especially in certain scenes that are nearly DePalmalike in their use of voyeurism and sexual identity confusion.…

• Blair

★★½ Added by Blair

This is going to be a really unpopular opinion, but I give up trying to be a fan of Lifeforce. This was my third go-round on it and while I probably enjoyed it more this time than my prior viewings, there’s just too many fatal flaws. It’s a shame, really, because it’s a great premise (naked space vampires!), boasts great production design and effects, and Tobe Hooper puts together some great scenes. But in the end the nonsensical plot (why…

• Travis McNinja

★★★★½ Watched by Travis McNinja 08 Jul, 2015 2

This movie is a trip. Plain and simple. I hate to describe it in such a cliche manner but damn what a ride. Part Aliens, Dracula, Day of the Triffids, part what the hell- Lifeforce is all over the place and somehow it all works to a perfect crescendo featuring an ending of pure madness truly deserving of the Canon label. The only thing that holds it back from being nothing short of perfection is the annoyingly dry script. Lines…

• Brett Neckermann

★★★½ Watched by Brett Neckermann 06 Jul, 2015

Produced by Cannon. Written by Dan O'Bannon. Directed by Tobe Hooper. Need I say more? Okay... Space vampires. Hot naked lady walkin' around. People exploding into dust.

Though I, honestly, didn't totally understand exactly what was happening, well, most of the time... I still enjoyed the hell out of the ride.