• Onnib

★★½ Watched by Onnib 21 Nov, 2014

I think I got this from some horror recommendation list. Not really sure what to expect, I was pleasantly surprised during the first part during the exploration and seeing the great puppets they used. But after that is became a bit of a silly but enjoyable mess.

• Josh Hannah

★★★★½ Watched by Josh Hannah 16 Nov, 2014

WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST WATCH AND WHY WASN'T I WATCHING IT BEFORE?!

• Chevalier

★★½ Watched by Chevalier 13 Nov, 2014

Hooper and O'Bannon had their heart in the right place while making the movie, but certainly not their minds. There's a lack of focus almost right after the first act, which is quite exciting and made me feel i was going to watch a bonafide cult classic. Problem is, the entire cast (with the exception of you-know-who) is flat, dull and almost lifeless (heh) in their performances. The effects are great and still look fantastic, the sets and the overall…

• Matthew Smith

★★★★ Watched by Matthew Smith 28 Oct, 2014

Really stunningly good looking sci-fi horror. And Patrick Stewart has a small role as a man possessed by a space zombie vampiress. So, um, yeah.

• Goremaster

★★★★½ Added by Goremaster

Great horror/sci-fi movie with top notch fx and makeup that is very underrated. It took advantage of the Halley's comet returning to Earth in 1986. Mathilda May naked performance is out of this world and she reprised her role in another film that I can't remember the name now.

• John Bayer

★★★ Added by John Bayer

Lifeforce is a b-movie make no mistake about it, BUT it's an entertaining one. It starts out like many other b-movies in outer space where an British/American joint expedition discovers a spacecraft with a 3 bodies in suspended animation. One of them is a naked beautiful woman, so naturally they bring her back to earth. Even in a sleeplike state she still has a hypnotic effect over the men which magnifies when she wakes up. One of the men drawn…

• Ross McRae

★★★ Watched by Ross McRae 28 Oct, 2014

Film#31 of Hoop-Tober
    Challenge complete!! 31 films in 28 days, spanning 6 counties, and 82 years. I felt it only fitting to make the last film of Hoop-tober a film from the man who inspired the challenge itself, and what a choice, having never seen this before I wasn't sure what to expect, but it has everything: Giant alien bats, space vampires, possession, and a zombie apocalypse. Fuck you Conformity!!

"You don't want to go in there sir"
    "I know I don't"

• Roman

★★★★ Watched by Roman 23 Oct, 2014 1

Whoooooot?! Warum hat mir niemand gesagt das Lifeforce so ein Knaller ist?! War ich am Anfang noch nicht ganz sicher ob ich das Ganze nun cheesy oder charmant finden soll entwickelt sich der Film mit laufender Spielzeit zum absoluten Genrehighlight. Die Jagd auf die Weltraumvampire ist extrem spannend und endet in einem aktionreichen Finale das einem unter anbetracht des Alters wirklich beeindruckt. Da kommt dann sogar richtiges Apokalypse-Feeling auf, dass die Charaktere dabei keine Sympathiepreise verdienen ist auch noch halbwegs…

• David Ashley

★★★ Rewatched by David Ashley 20 Oct, 2014

Bad films aren't often this watchable.

• Filip Van Lierde

★★★ Watched by Filip Van Lierde 26 Oct, 2014

Naked Alien Vampire Chick ?! YEAH!!!

• Kristopher

★★★★ Watched by Kristopher 27 Oct, 2014

Some great Ghostbusters effects in play in this one. I half expected Mick Smiley's "Magic" to start playing during the last part of the film.

• Robert Jackson

★★½ Watched by Robert Jackson 22 Oct, 2014

A weird Alien/Bodysnatchers hybrid from the director of Texas Chainsaw and Poltergeist. Worth watching or the unique effects work that produces mummified zombies and an appearance by Patrick Stewart.