• Roberts

★★★½ Watched by Roberts 02 Sep, 2014

Director's Cut.

Like a big-budget, batshit insane, but flat out awesome Quatermass movie.

• Tyler Featherstone

★★★ Watched by Tyler Featherstone 21 Aug, 2014

"A space shuttle mission investigating Halley's Comet brings back a malevolent race of space vampires who transform most of London's population into zombies."

That was enough to make me want to watch this flick. Throw in a little Patrick Stewart and it moves a littler higher up on the list.

It does deliver all that was promised, with goofiness, a fairly cute woman who spends the entire film naked, the aforementioned Patrick Stewart and some fun practical effects. Despite the…

• Liam Hathaway

★★★★ Added by Liam Hathaway

For sheer unadulterated lunacy, (Patrick Stewart going apeshit, Mathilda May spends the entire film fully-naked, robustly sincere lines of dialogue such as, "Don't worry, a naked girl is not going to get out of this complex" and "She was the most overwhelmingly feminine presence I have ever encountered") 'Lifeforce' is impossible to beat and therefore should be treasured.

• David Raposa

★★ Watched by David Raposa 17 Aug, 2014

I'll ride for that gorgeous opening sequence (finally seen by yours truly after years of only seeing the final hour-plus of this thing) & the stream of glorious batshit nonsense that ensues (at least on paper) & the practical effects used in service of that batshit, but for all the exploding windows and wondrous light FX and desiccated corpse animatronics and hilariously exploitative barely-legal Mathilda May action, this thing sinks like a lead balloon once the aliens are plopped down in London…

• AlexZ

★★★★ Rewatched by AlexZ 15 Aug, 2014

Otra de esas raras películas de Hooper rodadas toda en estudio, lo que les da un aspecto irreal, fantasmagórico. La estructura también es rarísima, hay un clímax al principio y otro al final, y por en medio unos tipos muy serios se dedican a explicar todo por los pasillos de un centro de investigación muy setentero. La música de Mancini y los efectos de sonido suenan de maravilla en el BR. Y los sustos le siguen funcionando como siempre al tío Hooper. Los efectos visuales parecen más dibujos animados que nunca, pero no pierden su poderío.

• Jesse

★★★½ Added by Jesse

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• bulletproofQpid

★★★½ Rewatched by bulletproofQpid 29 Jul, 2014

Lifeforce is batshit crazy, but seeing as how it's a movie about nude space vampires found sleeping in a giant needle-like spaceship at the head of Halley's Comet and the shenanigans they get up to once they arrive in London town, batshit crazy seems like the right way to go with it.

• adam_j_scott

★★★ Watched by adam_j_scott 25 Jul, 2014

I figure I'd familiarize myself with some more Tobe Hoper films, it's been on my never ending bucket list of sorts. hehe.

A nice little Sci-Fi/Horror hybrid. Dealing with a British Science team travelling in outer space to find some a rare breed of vampires of sorts.
    Being brought out of suspended animation somehow, they escape and that's when the fun ensues.

A little slow in the beginning, but picks up. The one thing that will definitely bring you in is the special effects. A good storyline helps too.

• Chris Browning

★★★ Watched by Chris Browning 19 Jul, 2014

ridiculous but hugely entertaining

• Jack_Lehtonen

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jack_Lehtonen 14 Jul, 2014

Men Terrified of Women

This film is just so awesome, guys.

• mrbalihai

★★★★ Rewatched by mrbalihai 04 Jul, 2014 4

Wow, what a difference 30 years makes.

The first time I watched Lifeforce in a theater back in '85, I recall being distinctly underwhelmed by its over-reliance on Mathilda May's full-frontal nekkidness to paper over the half-baked plot and weak characterizations. However, upon rewatching it this evening, I was blown away at how skillfully Tobe Hooper weaves together Dan O'Bannon's cracking adaption of Colin Wilson's novel, "The Space Vampires", and John Dykstra's extraordinary practical effects into a truly entertaining mash-up…

• F. Chanson

★★ Watched by F. Chanson 27 Jun, 2014

Apparently this has been reappraised as a cult classic, but I don't see it. While the visual effects are quite good, the performances by a mostly mediocre, mostly British cast are distinctly lacking in, well, life force. Whether different actors - Terence Stamp and Klaus Kinski were originally slated to star - could have elevated O'Bannon's leaden script (quite a step down from Alien) remains doubtful, though.