• Elvira

★★★½ Added by Elvira

This is a British sci-fi movie that tells the tale of a space mission which unexpectedly discovers three seemingly deceased humanoid-looking life forms in an unknown spaceship and transports them back to Earth with serious ramifications for the human race.

Despite being made so many years ago the film hasn't actually aged that badly, the effects of course do look somewhat dated now which is only to be expected, but far from detracting from the experience this actually augments the…

• Jerry Downing

★★★½ Rewatched by Jerry Downing 07 Dec, 2014

Total insanity. Never been one of my favorite Tobe Hooper films, but I like it more each time I see it.

• Liam Underwood

★★½ Rewatched by Liam Underwood 03 Dec, 2014

I first saw Lifeforce a few years ago and remember quite liking it. Watching it now and I'm not so sure what I liked about it. Yes, the practical effects are awesome and yes, the hot naked space chick is awesome, but otherwise this just felt like a messy chore to get through.

• Ryan Hookway

★★★½ Watched by Ryan Hookway 28 Nov, 2014

Lifeforce is an interesting little film. It's a sci-fi horror film, and it's pretty odd. It's got its fair share of 80's cheese in it, along with some really cool special effects that are great to see. It's one of those films you watch and say "well that was pretty cool".

The story is essentially about vampire aliens that come from space and invade earth, sucking out the "lifeforce" from humans. In a way its silly, but it's a lot…

• alf025237

★★★★ Added by alf025237

um ótimo filme. um classico.

• Onnib

★★½ Watched by Onnib 21 Nov, 2014

I think I got this from some horror recommendation list. Not really sure what to expect, I was pleasantly surprised during the first part during the exploration and seeing the great puppets they used. But after that is became a bit of a silly but enjoyable mess.

• Josh Hannah

★★★★½ Watched by Josh Hannah 16 Nov, 2014

WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST WATCH AND WHY WASN'T I WATCHING IT BEFORE?!

• Chevalier

★★½ Watched by Chevalier 13 Nov, 2014

Hooper and O'Bannon had their heart in the right place while making the movie, but certainly not their minds. There's a lack of focus almost right after the first act, which is quite exciting and made me feel i was going to watch a bonafide cult classic. Problem is, the entire cast (with the exception of you-know-who) is flat, dull and almost lifeless (heh) in their performances. The effects are great and still look fantastic, the sets and the overall…

• Matthew Smith

★★★★ Watched by Matthew Smith 28 Oct, 2014

Really stunningly good looking sci-fi horror. And Patrick Stewart has a small role as a man possessed by a space zombie vampiress. So, um, yeah.

• Goremaster

★★★★½ Added by Goremaster

Great horror/sci-fi movie with top notch fx and makeup that is very underrated. It took advantage of the Halley's comet returning to Earth in 1986. Mathilda May naked performance is out of this world and she reprised her role in another film that I can't remember the name now.

• John Bayer

★★★ Added by John Bayer

Lifeforce is a b-movie make no mistake about it, BUT it's an entertaining one. It starts out like many other b-movies in outer space where an British/American joint expedition discovers a spacecraft with a 3 bodies in suspended animation. One of them is a naked beautiful woman, so naturally they bring her back to earth. Even in a sleeplike state she still has a hypnotic effect over the men which magnifies when she wakes up. One of the men drawn…

• Ross McRae

★★★ Watched by Ross McRae 28 Oct, 2014

Film#31 of Hoop-Tober
    Challenge complete!! 31 films in 28 days, spanning 6 counties, and 82 years. I felt it only fitting to make the last film of Hoop-tober a film from the man who inspired the challenge itself, and what a choice, having never seen this before I wasn't sure what to expect, but it has everything: Giant alien bats, space vampires, possession, and a zombie apocalypse. Fuck you Conformity!!

"You don't want to go in there sir"
    "I know I don't"