• Timothy Bartolini

★★★½ Watched by Timothy Bartolini 08 Mar, 2015

Lifeforce is really the height of 1980's cross-genre pollination. Sci-fi, Horror, Fantasy... it's all here. It's well shot, the budget it certainly on full display, the effects are almost universally great, the acting... it's legitimate film. Nothing tongue in cheek here, no irony required to enjoy this... it's just a really well done film that was juuuuust a little too weird to enjoy mainstream success.

Lifeforce is brought to you by Cannon Films. Gotta love Golan & Globus!

• Trash Cinema

★★ Watched by Trash Cinema 07 Mar, 2015

Not a bad movie, but it is defenetly too long and tries to enter every single genre, from sci-fi to horror, from drama to exploitation, without achieving being good at either of them. Very good FX for a movie that is from Britain 80s but more than that the story is just overly complicated without making much sense as the plotholes keep on coming by the minute...a pitty

• Lyndsey

★★ Watched by Lyndsey 28 Feb, 2015

?!?!?!?!

• Andrew Karr

★★★★ Watched by Andrew Karr 28 Feb, 2015

?!?!?!

• wildestpenfield

★★★ Watched by wildestpenfield 21 Feb, 2015

All fun and games until they totally ran out of money, right around the time a completely hysterical Steve Railsback is brutally slapping an unconscious Patrick Stewart. Suddenly we go from awesome practical creature effects that hold up well today to hordes of extras in grey makeup, while simultaneously tossing any sort of coherent narrative out the window. There also may or may not be some sort of magical sword, it's never actually clear. Given how enjoyable the first hour is, it's all kind of a shame.

• cmasong

★★★★ Rewatched by cmasong 20 Feb, 2015

Mathilda May sizzles your retinas as a cosmic vampiress in this goofy mash-up of Hammer horror and 80's sci-fi from the majestic Cannon films team of Menahem Golan and Yoram Globus. Scream Factory blu-ray edition.

• Brian J. "Tyrannorabbit" Wright

★★★ Rewatched by Brian J. "Tyrannorabbit" Wright 19 Feb, 2015

So expensive and so floppy it sank a few promising careers and probably bears more blame than any single other movie for the demise of Cannon, Lifeforce now seems like an inevitable cult favourite. It's basically a big-budget, R-rated attempt at a mid-80's Quatermass movie, with some first-rate music and effects.

I can't say I was ever on board with this before, and my enthusiasm now is blunted by characters that have nothing to them beyond their place in the…

• Darren Fx

★★ Watched by Darren Fx 10 Feb, 2015

"I mean, in a sense we're all vampires. We drain energy from other life forms. The difference is one of degree. That girl was no girl. She's totally alien to this planet and our life form... and totally dangerous."

Weird as space alien film from the director of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Poltergeist.

The whole space vampire thing didn't work for me, especially because the story kept dragging on. I thought Lifeforce was OK, but it could have been much better.

Aubrey Morris, from A Clockwork Orange, says the word "Yes", I was very pleased.

• Travis Williams

★★★ Watched by Travis Williams 07 Feb, 2015

A crazy concept with a well done beginning and end. The middle just sags horribly though. There's too much needless investigation that's just uninteresting and slows the whole film down. That aside, I enjoyed the idea of the "space vampires" and I can tell the space scenes were heavily influenced by Alien in some aspects. It's a pretty good little genre film.

• Thorin Mofdaat

★★★★ Added by Thorin Mofdaat

It's got everything. Ya got some bad acting, ya got some good acting, ya got boobs, ya got p-stew in shoulder pads, ya got done special effects, they even borrowed the soul pillar from ghost busters.

• Adam_Zanzie

★★★½ Added by Adam_Zanzie

What a glorious mess this movie is -- and what fun I had watching it. After giving away much of his creative control to Spielberg on "Poltergeist", Tobe Hooper got a chance to let his imagination run wild again on a movie, and although I wouldn't call it his best work (his first two Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies are brilliant), it's preferable to his "Salem's Lot" adaptation, and certainly the unpleasant "Eaten Alive".

Hooper is a Texan filmmaker, and, yet…

• dantesring

Watched by dantesring 27 Jan, 2015

What makes an auteur? I've heard that its the unique style that a director will bring to all his projects that leaves and indelible stamb that makes the films indetifiably theirs.
    So what can I make of Tobe Hooper? I watch this movie and scratch my head because for all the world I cannot detect any evidence of this. I mean who directed this? It couldn't have been the guy who brought us TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE. His entire filmography is…