• Goremaster

★★★★½ Added by Goremaster

Great horror/sci-fi movie with top notch fx and makeup that is very underrated. It took advantage of the Halley's comet returning to Earth in 1986. Mathilda May naked performance is out of this world and she reprised her role in another film that I can't remember the name now.

• John Bayer

★★★ Added by John Bayer

Lifeforce is a b-movie make no mistake about it, BUT it's an entertaining one. It starts out like many other b-movies in outer space where an British/American joint expedition discovers a spacecraft with a 3 bodies in suspended animation. One of them is a naked beautiful woman, so naturally they bring her back to earth. Even in a sleeplike state she still has a hypnotic effect over the men which magnifies when she wakes up. One of the men drawn…

• Ross McRae

★★★ Watched by Ross McRae 28 Oct, 2014

Film#31 of Hoop-Tober
    Challenge complete!! 31 films in 28 days, spanning 6 counties, and 82 years. I felt it only fitting to make the last film of Hoop-tober a film from the man who inspired the challenge itself, and what a choice, having never seen this before I wasn't sure what to expect, but it has everything: Giant alien bats, space vampires, possession, and a zombie apocalypse. Fuck you Conformity!!

"You don't want to go in there sir"
    "I know I don't"

• Roman

★★★★ Watched by Roman 23 Oct, 2014 1

Whoooooot?! Warum hat mir niemand gesagt das Lifeforce so ein Knaller ist?! War ich am Anfang noch nicht ganz sicher ob ich das Ganze nun cheesy oder charmant finden soll entwickelt sich der Film mit laufender Spielzeit zum absoluten Genrehighlight. Die Jagd auf die Weltraumvampire ist extrem spannend und endet in einem aktionreichen Finale das einem unter anbetracht des Alters wirklich beeindruckt. Da kommt dann sogar richtiges Apokalypse-Feeling auf, dass die Charaktere dabei keine Sympathiepreise verdienen ist auch noch halbwegs…

• David Ashley

★★★ Rewatched by David Ashley 20 Oct, 2014

Bad films aren't often this watchable.

• Filip Van Lierde

★★★ Watched by Filip Van Lierde 26 Oct, 2014

Naked Alien Vampire Chick ?! YEAH!!!

• Kristopher

★★★★ Watched by Kristopher 27 Oct, 2014

Some great Ghostbusters effects in play in this one. I half expected Mick Smiley's "Magic" to start playing during the last part of the film.

• Robert Jackson

★★½ Watched by Robert Jackson 22 Oct, 2014

A weird Alien/Bodysnatchers hybrid from the director of Texas Chainsaw and Poltergeist. Worth watching or the unique effects work that produces mummified zombies and an appearance by Patrick Stewart.

• Luke Grima

★★ Watched by Luke Grima 26 Oct, 2014

‪#‎31NightsOfHorror‬ - DAY 26

Ridiculous and makes little sense. Rather slow and dull as well.

• Travis Lytle

★★★½ Rewatched by Travis Lytle 25 Oct, 2014 10

Tobe Hooper's "Lifeforce" is a more refined line-reading or two from being a great horror film. To be sure, Hooper's film is watchable, satisfying, and has a certain bugnuts sensibility running through its cinematic veins; but its lack of polish sometimes gets the better of it.

Most appropriately described as sexy, body-hopping space-vampires take London, the story at work in "Lifeforce" is cheeky and compelling; but Hooper plays it completely straight. Exploitative, hokey, gory, sexually-charged, and uniquely crazed, the plot…

• James Patrick

★★★★ Watched by James Patrick 17 Oct, 2014

“The girl chose me. And when she mixed with me she gave me a part of herself. And now she wants that part back.”

So space vampires terrorize London and then Patrick Stewart shows up. It’s 2001 meets The Thing meets Dawn of the Dead with more nudity and vampires. Basically I watched this movie thinking about much I love the 1980’s. I love the 1980’s because Kenny Loggins and Oingo Boingo appeared on 72% of all movie soundtracks. I…

• KerryMaxwell

★★★★ Watched by KerryMaxwell 19 Oct, 2014

An everything-including-the-kitchen-sink sci-horror that has a lot of balls in the air, and a lot of breasts on the screen.