• James Patrick

★★★★ Watched by James Patrick 17 Oct, 2014

“The girl chose me. And when she mixed with me she gave me a part of herself. And now she wants that part back.”

So space vampires terrorize London and then Patrick Stewart shows up. It’s 2001 meets The Thing meets Dawn of the Dead with more nudity and vampires. Basically I watched this movie thinking about much I love the 1980’s. I love the 1980’s because Kenny Loggins and Oingo Boingo appeared on 72% of all movie soundtracks. I…

• KerryMaxwell

★★★★ Watched by KerryMaxwell 19 Oct, 2014

An everything-including-the-kitchen-sink sci-horror that has a lot of balls in the air, and a lot of breasts on the screen.

• Andrew Ford

★★★★ Rewatched by Andrew Ford 18 Oct, 2014 1

Still one of the most ludicrous things on 35mm. [EDIT: or 70mm, if you're lucky enough to see one of those projected]

• John Jay

★★★ Watched by John Jay 16 Oct, 2014

Hooper is one weird dude.

This was one of the strangest takes on vampires I've ever seen. It has some great moments throughout, but mostly it is just a what-the-fuck fest.

I enjoyed it, though.

October. Horror film. #22.

• Alice Bishop

Watched by Alice Bishop 15 Oct, 2014

As the success of low genres is often confined to their ability to disgust or scare it's no surprise that Lifeforce isn't a particularly reputable entry in the Tobe Hooper canon. What is surprising, however, is the amount of elements outside of the plot that are of a much higher standard than expected.

I was immediately struck by how fabulous the cinematography is. The upside-down and spinning shots in space are a fitting way to convey disorientation but the fluidity…

• Radu Conopan

★★★½ Watched by Radu Conopan 07 Oct, 2014

In outer space they unleashed a force more evil than the world had ever imagined!..

• Herrguth

★★★ Watched by Herrguth 11 Oct, 2014

Movie #10 of Hoop-tober.

This was just crazy.
    Like a B-movie from the 50s with crappy effects of the 80s and bad acting.
    But it is entertaining as hell.

This review from DirkH says it all.

• adelaideblair

★★★★ Rewatched by adelaideblair 10 Oct, 2014

Beautiful on blu ray. Flawed and wonderful.

• LUCAS HAYNES

★★★ Watched by LUCAS HAYNES 08 Oct, 2014 2

'Lifeforce'. My expectations were at an all time extreme high. After I sat through a good 40 minutes of a Mark Hartley Q & A - where he infinitely went on about how good 'Lifeforce' was - and having been recommended a number of times by friends, it pains me to say and I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for it, but I really didn't love it that much. I was sitting through it, just waiting for…

• Miles Powell

★★★½ Rewatched by Miles Powell 07 Oct, 2014

*hums the opening theme*

Anyway... this wacky-ass sci-fi yarn teeter-totters between a clever and sophisticated riff on horror tropes and the overbudgeted campfest you expect from Cannon. At a certain point you give up trying to follow the story and just take in its quirks, like Patrick Stewart's onscreen kiss (har har), Mathilda May's memorable costume (hehehe) and London getting blown to bits. It's not quite a good movie, but it's very entertaining.

• Lars Sieval

★★★ Watched by Lars Sieval 08 Oct, 2014 2

The Horrors of October 2014: “Hoop-tober” Edition!

Who would've thought that there was a movie out there with; Zombies, Vampires, Aliens and a naked girl? I didn't. Now I know better. Tobe Hooper's Lifeforce is a Sci-fi Horror flick. It's about Vampire aliens who feed themselves on Lifeforce. It's getting crazier the further you watch the film. If a person is "bitten" he gets in a Zombie-like state and needs to suck out someones Lifeforce within 2 hours or else. BOOOM. They explode. It's a shame movies this absurd aren't made today!

I almost forget! Patrick Stewart is fun in this one!

• DK

Watched by DK 07 Oct, 2014

The only significant female character ran around naked and kissing people for the entire movie and the protagonist (??) was wholly unpleasant.

I love Colin Wilson's non-fiction and had high hopes upon seeing his name in the opening credits; hopes cruelly dashed by nearly two hours of nonsense. It earned half a star for making me laugh.