• James Lees

★★ Watched by James Lees 08 Feb, 2016

Well that was...different!

I can safely say that this is the only film I've ever seen where a security guard tries to coax a naked space vampire down a flight of stairs with half a biscuit.

Ultimately, I thought it was just too long. There were some funny moments and some really awesome special effects but I did become bored of it. My favourite moment was when all of the blood was being pulled out of Patrick Stewart's body and…

• John Lees

★★ Watched by John Lees 08 Feb, 2016

LIFEFORCE has some impressive practical effects and a few effectively creepy moments, and the "space vampires" concept has a certain goofy charm, with Tobe Hooper presenting the story with tongue pressed ever so gently in cheek. But the film was ultimately a bit of a drag for me: utterly daft, with acting ranging from wooden to high camp, but falling just shy of being so outrageously bad that it emerges through the rubicon to become laughable and perversely entertaining. It…

• camelfrommars

Watched by camelfrommars 08 Feb, 2016

Lifeforce started out looking like it was going to be enjoyably rubbish. Sadly, it was just rubbish.

I was on board during the whole lifeforce-sucking bit, as the gang discovered more about the infection process & the replenishment of the lifeforce, but then it was as if the writers just started throwing stuff in for the hell of it. Zombie-vampires? Sure! Body-swapping? Why not! Telepathy? Fuck it!

Pub? Yeah!

The practical effects were actually pretty impressive, giving off that eerie vibe…

• J. R. McNamara

★★★★ Rewatched by J. R. McNamara 07 Feb, 2016

Ya gotta love Lifeforce: it's U.N.I.T from Doctor Who versus space vampires.

...but with boobs

• Brian Weldon

★★ Added by Brian Weldon

This film seemed to be on tv all the time in the late 80s and early 90s. I watched it a lot back then. Watched it again in 2014 and it had not held up as well as I hoped. Dated effects. Average acting. It has very naked space vampires, never a bad thing, and unlike his later films still feels like a Tobe Hooper film. These are the only good points.

• Eric Majewski

★★★★ Watched by Eric Majewski 03 Feb, 2016

The movie doesn't really know what it wants to be (vampire, science fiction, horror, etc), but it is still a fun watch.

• Scott Mick

★★★★ Watched by Scott Mick 16 Jan, 2016

I really enjoyed Lifeforce. Sure, it looks dated and the overall idea of space vampires is the purest form of camp, but the performances were so great and the ideas so well thought-out that I couldn't help but be enthralled for its entirety.

Also, seeing a "young" Patrick Stewart act like a woman in heat is worth the price of admission alone.

• Antonio Quintero

★★★★ Rewatched by Antonio Quintero 12 Dec, 2012

SAW IT AT TERROR TUESDAY AT THE ALAMO DRAFTHOUSE

• Samuel

★★★★★ Rewatched by Samuel 25 Jan, 2016

Lifeforce is about 120 minutes long and it becomes a different movie every 10 minutes so instead of watching one 120 minute long movie you get to watch twelve 10 minute long movies.

• Joe

★★½ Watched by Joe 21 Jan, 2016

After directing the successful Poltergeist and having producer Steven Spielberg wipe his ass with his name, Tobe Hooper signs on to a 3 picture deal with Cannon Films. The first film he makes with Cannon is Lifeforce, which can only be described as bananas.

Honestly, I kinda enjoyed this, I don't really have any clue what was going on but it was an enjoyable enough ride. Stylistically, this still feels like a classic Tobe Hooper flick, and reminds me why…

• Stinker

★★★½ Added by Stinker

Still good, even for a 80´s slock shocker

• Keith Abt

★★½ Added by Keith Abt

This big budget sci-fi/horror flick from Tobe ("Texas Chainsaw Massacre," "Poltergeist") Hooper definitely ranks as one of the most batsh*t insane movies to come out of the 1980s. A space shuttle studying Halley's Comet discovers an alien craft hidden in the comet's tail, and brings three humanoid creatures that they find inside the craft back to Earth. Unfortunately the three happen to be Space Vampires who are soon causing mass chaos as they drain the population of London.

Lifeforce has…