• Wayne

★★★★½ Watched by Wayne 08 Oct, 2015

"Little Miss Sunshine" is a prime example on how to make a road trip comedy but also a family drama. It blends the two tones together perfectly and it really makes for a great watch. The cast all turn in some of their finest performances, the script is filled with great dialogue and the finale is just perfect.

• thezoomfilmblog

★★★★★ Watched by thezoomfilmblog 01 Oct, 2015

Can't really think of anything in this film that isn't fantastic. Just sublime.

• ComedyInsider

★★★★★ Added by ComedyInsider

Fantastic film that would be a great family film if they took out all the F bombs and grandpa sex talk. Not that it needs to do that. Carrell filmed this pre breakout but it was released post break out. He is amazing, but really the charm is the entire ensemble.

• Josef Rodriguez

★★★★ Rewatched by Josef Rodriguez 19 Sep, 2015

I feel the insincerity of this film oozing through the screen when I watch it, but I love it anyway.

• MovieMeditation

★★★ Watched by MovieMeditation 04 Aug, 2015

Everyone! just pretend to be normal...

This movie has been on my watchlist for years, but somehow it never truly interested me, apart from all the awarding praise shining down upon it. Somehow it just looked like one of those doubtful films about dysfunctional families, who tumbles around for the entire runtime, trying to appear comical in a confused kind of way. But before I begin to put this film in a good or poor light, how about we start…

• dartagnan

★★★★ Watched by dartagnan 20 Sep, 2015

Adorable. I loved the characters, the soundtrack and the story.
    Also loved that dance scene, hahahaha.
    If you want an understated little number that will make you smile, cringe, laugh and cry, I recommend this.

• Daniel Charchuk

★★★ Watched by Daniel Charchuk 20 Jan, 2007

Quirky, off-beat comedy-drama that has its moments (and many of them), but never really takes off as either a hilarious comedy or an effective drama. The acting is fantastic across the board, so much so that it's impossible to pick a highlight, and the writing is sharp, but the story never really involves the viewer and the characters aren't especially endearing. Still, this is a very well-made movie, with some hilarious moments and some touching ones, that isn't great but is still pretty good.

• cristina

★★★★½ Added by cristina

it always makes me happy.

• BennyWestside

★★★★ Added by BennyWestside

I hope that when I get old I am a heroin user and a poon hound, just like the great Alan Arkin.

• Joyce Heinen

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joyce Heinen 12 Sep, 2015

In the American tragi-comedy “Little Miss Sunshine” we meet the Hoover family. A family with eccentric and quirky members. It’s a road movie and the members of the family get to know each other and themselves better and everything changes after this trip.

“Little Miss Sunshine” has quality. The script is executed very well and the humor is fantastic. If it’s a VW van that malfunctions, the extreme positivism of father Richard or the comments that the coke sniffing grandpa…

• Jepperd

★★★★½ Watched by Jepperd 12 Sep, 2015

So many feels

• Andrew Rhyne

★★★★ Watched by Andrew Rhyne 09 Sep, 2015

I had a lot of fun with this movie. The acting was great obviously, as the awards will show, I liked the soundtrack, and the character arcs were all very interesting to me. I haven't seen many road movies, but from what I can tell, this one doesn't go too far from the basics of the formula. There's still plenty of originality in it.