• Warren Mitchell

★★★★★ Rewatched by Warren Mitchell 05 Jul, 2015

___________________________________________________________
    Film # 4 of the "Scavenger Hunt #4" Challenge!
    Task # 14. Film featuring a suicidal person(s)!
    letterboxd.com/warrensm/list/scavenger-hunt-4/
    ____________________________________________________________

This is one of the most strangely dysfunctional families ever with 6 different personalities. The father's a failed motivational speaker/salesman. The grandfather's a foul-mouthed addict. The mother's a previously divorced worker with a heavy load. The uncle's an suicidal, unemployed scholar. The son's a silent recluse. And in the middle of it all is the daughter, the young girl with beauty pageant dreams. It doesn't get much complicated than this, and that's why this movie works.

Score: 98/100

Reccomendation: Anyone

• Katherine Cavanagh

★★★★ Added by Katherine Cavanagh

With a troupe of likeable and relatable (if a tad dysfunctional) characters, this is forever heartwarming without skimming over the big issues. A wonderfully un-cliché conclusion. A good story of personal realisation and consequent character development. Lovely (unorthodox) family film.

• Rosp

★★★★½ Added by Rosp

Nota = 9

• Alise Dravina

★★★★ Watched by Alise Dravina 30 Jun, 2015

This movie was better than I ever expected to be. It was sad, and funny, and true.

• Sumit

★★★★½ Watched by Sumit 30 Jun, 2015

Simple but brilliant.

• Luke McLaughlin

★★★★★ Rewatched by Luke McLaughlin 27 Jun, 2015

I've always loved Little Miss Sunshine, but it had a particularly profound effect on me this viewing because the recent passing of my beloved Grandmother. Though she passed in late February I still carry many memories with me. She didn't teach me to swing my hips to Rick James' Super Freak, but she taught me many things just the same. A love for animals, breakfast food, and most importantly quality family time. She was a special woman, like all Grandmothers…

• fabitof

★★★★ Rewatched by fabitof 04 May, 2015

Passei o dia ouvindo o álbum novo do Sufjan Stevens e me deu uma vontade de rever esse filme, porque ele é simplesmente lindo, melancólico e maravilhoso. A trilha sonora ainda é foda. E eu queria muito, muito mesmo, tomar café um dia com a Toni Collette.

• Michael Benton

★★★★ Rewatched by Michael Benton 19 Jun, 2015

Delighted to see that this film has not lost its ability to make me laugh out loud!

• kurt k

★★★★ Added by kurt k

this is so fucking weird

• Brittany

★★★★½ Watched by Brittany 15 Jun, 2015

Ohmygosh, I love Paul Dano.

• anjimenez

★★★★½ Watched by anjimenez 13 Jun, 2015

cómo coño no la vi antes

• CassieHW

★★★★★ Rewatched by CassieHW 08 Jun, 2015 2

What a classic. This movie is amazing, so hilarious and enjoyable. I love the themes in it and the actors. I have seen this movie so many times, as it was a big part of my childhood. I also definitely had a crush on Paul Dano because of this movie. Little Olive is adorable. A masterpiece of a movie and I just love watching it.