• Peter

★★★★ Rewatched by Peter 24 Oct, 2016

Dece movie, not as good as Virgin Suicides.

• hana

½ Watched by hana 18 Oct, 2015

I watched Lost in Translation for the first time a few weeks ago, much to my parent’s dismay, who are convinced Sofia Coppola is a talentless hack and that the film is garbage. But despite their relentless resistance, I had to see for myself what all this was all about. I mean, she did win an Oscar for Best Screenplay and her dad is Francis Ford Coppola, one of the greatest directors ever, so maybe some of his talent rubbed…

• Obfuscation

★★★★★ Rewatched by Obfuscation 23 Oct, 2016

There needs to be a function on here that allows me to give this 10 stars.

• raleuenberger

Watched by raleuenberger 23 Oct, 2016

Hypnotic from start to finish. Lonely and atmospheric, but uplifting in the end. Murray and Johansson stun as characters lost and directionless in their own lives that connect and set each other on paths forward.

• ikawtalaga

★★★ Watched by ikawtalaga 23 Oct, 2016

There is a lot of praise for this movie, so I was surprised when I first started watching it the bulk of the humor was about how Japanese people are too short, cannot speak english properly, or are overly polite. It gets only a little bit better as the movie progresses, like when Bob and Charlotte first start exploring the city at night, but the film never escapes exoticism (nor do Bob and Charlotte get any less entitled). I get…

• mwheelock

★★★★★ Watched by mwheelock 22 Oct, 2016

No creo que sea mi película favorita, pero aun así es placentero verla, maldito guión es perfecto, el estado contemplativo en el que terminó después de verla es de mis placeres de la vida, como un alimento que llevó tiempo sin comer.

• JerryAbril

★★★ Watched by JerryAbril 21 Oct, 2016

The screenplay was phenomenal, the cinematography, as well as Bill Murray, and Scarlet Johansson. The pacing was just really bad though. I'm not really about the message and what the film is about. Worth a watch, but I probably wouldn't watch it again.

• luna

★★★★★ Watched by luna 21 Oct, 2016

so so special. the fluency and tone were beautiful. a couple of tears at the end and the full empty feeling.

• Jamie Lawson

★★★½ Watched by Jamie Lawson 20 Oct, 2016

Pretty good, I liked the general mood of it, which I think the title captures nicely. Tokyo is a fascinating place, and Bill Murray is always welcome.

• Kiteman

★★★★ Watched by Kiteman 17 Oct, 2016

Two human beings displaced to a place on the other side of the world. A place where the sun doesn't set but rise. The language barrier and the alienating culture in clash with the soul yearning for a destination. A hint of romance but never fully realized, only to be fleeting yet genuine feelings are left behind. Almost, but it never existed. Lost in Translation offers us a scenario, an attempt to break out the numbness of the world.

• tectactoe

★★★★ Added by tectactoe

”The more you know who you are and what you want, the less you let things upset you.”

1. Right out of the gate, there’s some great cinematography taking place, mainly due to the beautiful city of Tokyo. The reflections of the city lights against a taxi cab window with a face behind it is a shot used several times throughout Lost in Translation, and it hits the mark every time.

2. A great movie is always able to…

• cdueno