• lubel80

★★★★★ Rewatched by lubel80 25 Jun, 2016

A perfect movie. It's still so good

• James Healey

★★★★★ Rewatched by James Healey 25 Jun, 2016

No piece of cinema can give me such strong emotions, as Lost in Translation can.

• Teymur Madjderey

★★★★★ Rewatched by Teymur Madjderey 25 Jun, 2016

I love this film so much!

• GuyIncognito22

★★★★ Rewatched by GuyIncognito22 25 Jun, 2016

I hadn't seen this in a long time and was pleased it was largely how I remembered it: a lovely collection of details that build up into a portrait of shared loneliness and friendship among two people in Tokyo.

Two things stood out on rewatch:

First, how well Sofia Coppola captures the rockiness of the marriage between Scarlett Johansson and Giovanni Ribisi. (So much is implied when Ribisi says "Oh ... you want to come?" when Johansson invites herself on…

• James Rodrigues

★★★★★ Watched by James Rodrigues 11 Jun, 2016

Upon viewing this for the first time, I had only one question pounding through my head:

Where has this film been all my life?

Bill Murray, Scarlett Johansson, and ESPECIALLY Sofia Coppola manage to each perform utterly stunning work, combining their efforts to deliver something that's nothing short of an undoubted masterpiece.

The overall picture is exactly like Bob's trip to Tokyo. Didn't want it to end, but it wouldn't have been as magical had it not done just that.…

• WASW

★★★ Watched by WASW 23 Jun, 2016

pretty shoegaze

• Gaticornio

Watched by Gaticornio 23 Jun, 2016

La ausencia de alguien puede hacer que dejes de quererla y te enamores de otra persona...

• sassonance

★★★★★ Rewatched by sassonance 23 Jun, 2016

I like looking at scarlet johansson looking out a window.

• Rigel

★★★★★ Rewatched by Rigel 19 Jun, 2016

I had to come back to this film. It's just such a soothing experience, one of feeling lost, out of place, distanced or detached from what's happening around you. It's so humane and relatable that even if you don't share the particular experience that's presented you know exactly what they're feeling.

"Lost in Translation" is a film that will always stick out in my memory for a couple reasons. Firstly it's a film where the experience is more important than…

• Alex Hill

★★★★½ Added by Alex Hill

Honestly, I think this might be one of the best love stories ever told. Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson have perfect chemistry here. The dialogue is natural and feels very true to life. The beautiful backdrop of Tokyo, Japan really adds to this film as well, not only to the aesthetics of it but to it's story as well. The way this movie is shot is just wonderful. The night time scenes on the streets and in clubs are some of my favorites. Man I don't know, this movie is just fantastic.

• Rebecca

★★★★½ Rewatched by Rebecca 23 Jun, 2016

-the after credits scene is super cute. I don't think I saw it the first time.

the opening shot made everything right in the world. but it doesn't change the fact that I have to write two essays on The Piano. we all have to make sacrifices for our education but I can't imagine watching that ever again. good god.

• Marcello

★★★★★ Rewatched by Marcello 21 Jun, 2016

I regularly fall in love with Charlotte every time I see this movie.