• Leaf84

★★★★★ Added by Leaf84

Really touching and poetic

• Daisy Victoria Edwards

★★★★½ Rewatched by Daisy Victoria Edwards 30 Jan, 2016

Beautiful. This film really gets under the skin. These are real lost people and Johansson and Murray's chemistry is the best I've ever seen. The sheer joy and realness in those karaoke/party scenes are just unforgettable.

• Jewel Relador

★★★★★ Watched by Jewel Relador 25 May, 2016

yeeeeeeeeeeees i;m so glad i saw this movie at this point in my life sooo good and so relevant rn and 4ever scarjo was so endearing in this and bill murray ahuahuahuhhuhu so cute n emo

• Becki

★★★★ Watched by Becki 24 May, 2016

Lost in Translation has just the right amount of poignancy and sentimentality without over-doing it. Bob and Charlotte's relationship is intimate without having to be physical and without the characters having to articulate the impact that they've had on each others lives, the viewer can clearly see this through small yet affectionate gestures e.g. Bob and Charlotte lying on the bed together, not even touching, apart from Bob's hand on Charlotte's foot. The ending portrays the only likely possibility of…

• Selene

★★★★★ Rewatched by Selene 24 May, 2016

I don't know why but this film is so sweet and comforting
    also the soundtrack is gr8t

★★★★½ Rewatched by Sandeepan Chanda 23 May, 2016

Lip my stocking!!

• Oliver_Dann

★★★ Rewatched by Oliver_Dann 21 May, 2016

I watched this once at least 5 years ago and I liked it then. Now however it just seems that its trying to appeal to a popular audience way too much which kind of decreases its artistic value. Yes it still has a lot of good stuff going for it, cinematography, acting, some of the dialogue is great. But the interspersion of so many comic relief scenes so heavily diminishes the more serious tones. Would perhaps work better as a more serious film without that horribly forced happy ending.

• Reid Sweatt

★★½ Added by Reid Sweatt

I can't say that I have fully seen Lost in Translation, because I haven't. I've tried it twice, and it wasn't my thing. I got 45 minutes in, both attempts. I realized that it's just kind of boring. Rich white people walking, and or running around a hotel in Tokyo, isn't interesting to me. Perhaps it's filled with deeper themes about loneliness, and our disconnect with humanity, yada yada yada. If you want to make a film with those themes, at least make it entertaining. It doesn't have to be showy, or in-your-face about it, but something actually needs to happen.

• alley 🐱

★★★½ Watched by alley 🐱 22 May, 2016

Admittedly, the only thing I could think about when watching this was line from Taylor Swift's "All Too Well". But the visuals were nice.

• t