• redbeardriley

★★★★ Rewatched by redbeardriley 05 Aug, 2014

Watched this again. It's probably been five years since I last saw it, ten years since I first saw it. The film came out when I was in college (when I was roughly the same age as Charlotte). I see the film through different eyes now than I did then, as I now fall between the Bob and Charlotte characters in age. The world is no longer as new and fresh and full of possibility, but I'm (thankfully) not (yet)…

• Elliot

★★★★★ Watched by Elliot 17 Aug, 2014

I had written a massive piece about this film on here and then my browser crashed and I lost it all! I'll keep it short and sweet this time.

I'm prefacing this brief review by saying that I'm actually in love with Scarlett Johansson and I'm also very fond of Bill Murray. If you don't like these two, then you probably won't like this film and I probably won't like you.

Lost in Translation is a story of two souls…

• SJHoneywell

★★★★★ Added by SJHoneywell

A romance without
    Any real romance. It's a
    Thing of true beauty.

• killapede

Watched by killapede 17 Aug, 2014

enjoyed the exploration of the two main characters' disconnect from their S.O's and real lives-- wasn't crazy about the orientalism/obvious insistence on Japan's culture as this positively alienating experience to any """normal""" american, tho I see why they wanted to emphasize this to make the characters feel more disconnected

• Daniel Mármol

★★★ Watched by Daniel Mármol 16 Aug, 2014

Otra película que siempre he visto rodando por ahí y que en promedio a la mayoría le gusta, pero a mí no me convenció, me recordó a Almost Famous porque el sentimiento que me dejó fue parecido. Buenas interpretaciones pero por separado, no sentí la química entre ambos. Sólo realmente me gustó el inicio, excelente ritmo que se pierde con el tiempo.

"Let's never come here again because it would never be as much fun."

• Michael Bullister

Added by Michael Bullister

everything was pretty looking and bill murray was SPICY HOTT

• charolastra

★★★★★ Added by charolastra

Forever my favorite

• Rttu

★★★★★ Added by Rttu

If I'm pushed to name my all-time favorite film, I usually go for Lost In Translation. It's fair enough, because out of all the movies in the world, this is the one I've seen the most times - and I've loved it every time.

I could go on for 10 pages about how the soundtrack, the setting and the cinematography alone is enough to draw you in, but the real heroes of this film are the two leads, Murray and…

• Beef Surpreme

★★★★ Watched by Beef Surpreme 11 Aug, 2014

Auf der einen Seite fasziniert mich der Film mit seinen intelligenten Bildern und Kamerfahrten und überzeugt mich mit Bill Murrays hochwertigem Humor und schauspielerischem Können ... Auf der anderen Seite fehlte mir das Gewisse etwas, der Höhepunkt, das Verstehen wenn man am Ende AAAH OK VERSTANDEN sagt. Die Botschatft kommt für mich nicht klar rüber.

Aber lustig war der Film trotzdem.

• Sir Azid Ahmad

★★★★ Watched by Sir Azid Ahmad 08 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Eduardo Insaurriaga

★★★ Watched by Eduardo Insaurriaga 09 Aug, 2014

Poético e urbano. Triste com um leve sorriso no canto da boca. Um filme que aborda relacionamentos de uma forma muito diferente, tanto personagens como pontos de vista. A assinatura de Sofia Coppola está presente principalmente no uso da música. Bill Murray está simplesmente perfeito no papel, que é praticamente ele mesmo.

• Rob Clough

★★★★★ Rewatched by Rob Clough 09 Aug, 2014

Well here we are, a long-long-long-long overdue viewing of my unabashed #1 favourite film of all time ever, and it's a heavy burden to it, and it should know-it's held it longer than I've known what a cinematographer is, or a director, or why this film is so damn different to all the films I was taken to the cinema to see at the time, not to diminish them, though.

The first time I watched this film was on a…