• Haley Ma

★★★★★ Rewatched by Haley Ma 02 Dec, 2016

holy mother of .........I've watched this film a few times before but just watching it now again, it hits home and really resonates with me. The setting is beautiful, i love the complexities of light, colour, activity and life that Tokyo is in this film.

As I personally go through life and experience more I really begin to view this film differently and understand a lot more about the nuances of what's going on, how each character, major or not, is feeling.

• Arta Karlsone

★★★★½ Watched by Arta Karlsone 02 Dec, 2016

the more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you - a forever relevant note to self.

• JC13

★★★★½ Rewatched by JC13 30 Nov, 2016

"I just feel so alone, even when I'm surrounded by other people."

I first saw Sofia Coppola's Lost in Translation over two and a half years ago. I really liked it, but I always felt that it would be one I'd appreciate even more after repeat viewings. Well I finally gave it that long awaited second viewing and I was right. This time I fell in love with the film and I feel there's a good chance I'll love it…

• Frederick Parra

★★★ Watched by Frederick Parra 30 Nov, 2016

Es bonita y todo, tiene momentos divertidos y eso, pero no me pareció la obra maestra que todos pintan. Para mí se queda en una película romántica no tan convencional y entretenida.

Creo que soy un viejo prematuro sin buen gusto por el cine.

• hjaremi

★★★★★ Watched by hjaremi 30 Nov, 2016

Beautifully melancholic. Words could never do it justice so I'll just stop here.

• JOJsmuggler

Watched by JOJsmuggler 12 Nov, 2016

It's a feeling...It's a feeling...It's a feeling...It's a feeling...

Gorgeously melancholia-infused nothingness with a meditative backdrop that I could stare at endlessly. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry, I just feel something sort of in between. It means everything yet nothing at the same time.

• Carlos Alonzo Correa

★★★★½ Watched by Carlos Alonzo Correa 29 Nov, 2016 1

Almas perdidas.

Bonita película sobre las relaciones humanas y el encuentro casual de dos personas completamente diferentes que a la vez tienen mucho en común, mientras pasan unos días 'atrapados' en la ciudad de Tokio.

Buena química entre Murray y ScarJo logrando unas muy creíbles actuaciones, complementado con una excelente fotografía y guión, siendo la misma ciudad de Tokio un protagonista más en la película, destacando la escena en Kioto con la bellísima canción de Air de fondo, 'Alone in Kyoto'.

No puedo esperar para estar en esos hermosos lugares en el 2017.

• Dinelka Balasuriya

★★★★★ Watched by Dinelka Balasuriya 22 Nov, 2016 16

A quiet, poignant and melancholy tale of two lost souls in the big city of Tokyo in desperate need of solace, Sofia Coppola’s Lost in Translation has earned itself a very impressive reputation in the years since its release, even to the point of absolution by many for her work in The Godfather: Part III.

Bob Harris is a fading movie star who arrives in Tokyo to shoot a commercial. He has difficulty in adjusting to life abroad and meets…

• Introverted Loser

★★★★½ Watched by Introverted Loser 24 Nov, 2016

Two of my favorite songs play in this film.
    Fun fact: I gave this a higher rating than The Godfather.

• jmatthiass

★★★★★ Added by jmatthiass

This is the one that I call my real favorite, and this is the only one of my "favorites" that I can and do watch regularly. Repeatedly. When I'm feeling bad, good, in love, depressed, goofy, introspective. Anything.
    A soft, melancholy, zen safety blanket.

• Daniella

★★★★½ Watched by Daniella 28 Nov, 2016 2

This film is truly something special. I've heard from people who've traveled to Tokyo for work that this movie is the most accurate portrayal of Americans feeling lost while becoming immersed in a world unknown to them, a culture so foreign that self reflection is all they have left. Without having been to Tokyo yet (or any large Asian city), I can still feel the sense of anonymity, but in a way that makes you feel lost and alone, almost like a useless wanderer waiting for something relatable to happen. It's so uncomfortable and nostalgic without trying to be anything, quite beautiful.

• Maddy Flowers Sheehy