• Sam Ryu

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sam Ryu 23 Feb, 2015

What's so funny about peace, love, and understanding? Ohhh. (1st time watching in theater.)

• killadamsandler

½ Added by killadamsandler

I bought a DVD copy of this movie so that I could beat it with a baseball bat and then burn it. I'm using the heat of the flame for warmth during this cold & dark winter.

• tskimmett

★★★★★ Added by tskimmett

• Para136

★★★★½ Watched by Para136 25 Feb, 2015

#Followbruary film No.8
    Favorite film of fincky87.
    letterboxd.com/fincky87

Wieder mal ein Film den ich überhaupt nicht kannte. Von Namen vielleicht. Konnte mir aber nichts darunter vorstellen.

Wer hier ne Komödie erwartet die ein Gagfeuerwerk abfeuert wird sehr schnell merken 'Lost in Translation' ist ein langsamer und ruhiger Film in dem eigentlich nichts passiert.

Bill Murray spielt einen Schauspieler der in Japan einen Werbespot für einen Whiskey drehen soll. Und zu beginn begleiten wir Bill ab seiner Landung in Tokio. Wie…

• Callum Hofler

★★★½ Watched by Callum Hofler 25 Feb, 2015

Part of GET HYPE - Knight of Cups

I just feel so alone, even when I'm surrounded by other people.

They stumble through the concrete and neon jungle of Tokyo. They are aimless drifters, confused and alone in-and-amongst the colossal dystopia they inhabit. She is a lonesome wife, dragged around the globe by a man who cares, but isn't perceptive of her desires and needs. He is more experienced in the way of the world, and seems to understand their…

• polyjay

★★★★½ Watched by polyjay 24 Feb, 2015

Captures those subtle human moments that we all know too well.

• Cinematic Justice

★★★★ Watched by Cinematic Justice 12 Sep, 2013

In just her second feature, Sofia Coppola demonstrates a mastery of tone that's instrumental to this film working at all. Segments of the film are intentionally off-putting to dramatize the feeling Murray and Johansson's characters have of being "lonely while surrounded by people," while their budding companionship is imbued with warmth and spontaneity.

• jinroulette

★★★½ Watched by jinroulette 23 Feb, 2015

Feeling far familiar.

• Joel Caraway

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joel Caraway 23 Feb, 2015

Seeing this theatrically in 35mm tonight was a long living dream come true. Far more poignant and entrancing even on a fourth view. Truly one of the finest films ever conceived and by far the most personal to me. Sofia Copolla's Lost in Translation is a masterpiece, plain and simple.

• Sarah

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sarah 23 Feb, 2015

Finally got to see this movie on the big screen (thank you based Arclight)

• BigPanda

★★★★★ Rewatched by BigPanda 21 Feb, 2015

"More than this, there is nothing"

• BustaDan

★★★★½ Added by BustaDan

One of my favorite movies, mainly due to the relaxed, atmospheric tone to the film along with superb acting. It also had some really nice shots of downtown Tokyo and the surrounding areas.