• naisha

★★★★★ Added by naisha

"Everyone wants to be found." It's a movie about two people who are in Tokyo for their own purposes when they first meet each other. They connect on their first meet because they both are lonely and want a company to have fun. Then they go out together and have a rocking time. It was like they filled the void that was there in their lives before they met. I guess the best part about this movie is that they…

• TheaFM

★★ Watched by TheaFM 20 Dec, 2014 1

It's a movie about people bored with their life. And it definitely made me bored. I'm disappointed Scarlett Johansson. Don't play more stupid then you are.

• Laura

★★★★★ Watched by Laura 21 Dec, 2014

Lost in Translation is a beautiful cinematic experience. The film is sad, sweet, funny, bittersweet and emotional. It had me hooked from beginning to end. Scarlett Johansson and Bill Murray give one of the best performances of their careers. Sofia Coppola's script and direction are A class.

The film also has such a beautiful cinematography and a great soundtrack to go along with it. I can't believe it took me this long to watch this.

• Minionofhell

★★★★★ Added by Minionofhell

Easily one of my fave movies.Bill Murray always manages to win me over somehow and he totally nailed this character as well.Also this movie creates a hero who is tired,out of touch and "lost" in this world,yet at no time falls into the cliche of the dumb protagonist who´s totally idiotic and gets some kind of enlightment like falling in love which magically changes his life or some shit.He´s not a protagonist you laugh at,he´s one you laugh with,this is so rare that i really want to emphasize it.

• Sam Malone

★★★★★ Added by Sam Malone

One of the most beautiful films of the century. From Bill Murray's arrival to Tokyo to that final whisper in Scarlet Johansson's ear everything about this movie is superb. So emotional, charming, and remarkable in every aspect. The idea of feeling so alone when surrounded by thousands of people stays with you. Such a remarkable film. Excellent acting by Bill Murray and Scarlet Johansson. Lost in Translation made a place for itself in cinema history.

• Chris Tapsell

★★★★★ Watched by Chris Tapsell 16 Dec, 2014

Both Bill Murray and Scarlett Johannson give arguably the best performances of their careers. Bittersweet, beautiful, moving, relatable - an instant favourite. One of the best depictions of an existential crisis I have seen.

• scotts2323

★★★ Watched by scotts2323 15 Dec, 2014

So, I thought Murray was brillant in this role. He really carried the film. Scarlett was eh. I thought Ribisi was really good as well in his limited screen time.

The part that killed it for me was the lounge singer. Where was the need for that element to be introduced into the story. There was no inkling of that character element before or after it happened, so why do it? As soon as that happens, all the compassion you feel for Murray is washed away.

• nicguo

Watched by nicguo 12 Dec, 2014

rewatch

• Jonathan Thai

★★★ Watched by Jonathan Thai 13 Dec, 2014

Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson give good performances that make this journey of self-discovery and friendship into a sweet film.

• Stacey Bates

★★★★★ Watched by Stacey Bates 10 Dec, 2014

A visually stunning and heartwarming film that exudes an aura which can only be described by the name Sofia Coppola.
    This film, though not fast-pace or physically eventful, is entertaining because it's the sort of story that ignites a feeling that starts in your stomach and trickles through all the way to your fingertips with warmth and calm. Not to say that the plot is monotonous; depression and confusion are anything but absent.
    Not only is the plot beautiful, but…

• GreatJobNoProb

★★★★½ Added by GreatJobNoProb

This has one of the most controlled atmospheres every created in a American romantic movie. The chemistry between the actors are great, and the whole quietness of the world created in this film serves the well subtly acted love affair.

• Dirk Massey

★★★★ Watched by Dirk Massey 10 Dec, 2014

I cannot pinpoint why I like this film so much apart from the fact that it leaves me caring so much about the main characters played impeccably by Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson

A real feel good movie