• Antonio Guzman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Antonio Guzman 01 Sep, 2014

The ideal insomniac double feature if paired with Only Lovers Left Alive.

• Tom Morton

★★★★½ Rewatched by Tom Morton 27 Aug, 2014

Despite a relentless conviction that Japanese pronunciation of English words = laughs, this remains a lovely film, and Sofia Coppola's best so far. Largely because it taps into every human being's ultimate fantasy - a week in Japan, with Bill Murray.

• Ashley

★★★★★ Added by Ashley

“You'll figure that out. The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you.”

This is a beautifully written film about two lost people who build a relationship around their problems.

Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson are both charming in their roles and have great chemistry. In multiple parts of this film both actors show off their subtle relationship in a sharp, quirky and loveable way.

I think that this film is fantastic in every way and I highly recommend the movie to everyone.

• Sozaka

★★★★★ Added by Sozaka 3

Where to begin with this Masterpiece. I could see it three times in a row and not be bored. The Character arc of Bill Murray's Bob Harris is so great and evolved. You feel his connection to the foreign world around him. He finds his soul and his soul mate, in the last place he would ever have thought to look. Genius film

• cronic

★★★½ Watched by cronic 25 Aug, 2014

7,5/10

Great chemistry between Murray and Johansson, very likeable film

• Darryl Hunt

★★★★★ Watched by Darryl Hunt 25 Aug, 2014

I've been feeling really off for a long time now, and this film just gets it. I can't really expand beyond that feeling. To feel so melancholy, to feel so alone, even when surrounded by people. I needed this in my life.

• Nicolás Joel Giacconi Fernández

★★★½ Watched by Nicolás Joel Giacconi Fernández 25 Aug, 2014

Me ha gustado. Creo que la historia, aún teniendo mucho significado, está un nivel por debajo de lo que ofrecen sus protagonistas. Y es que esta película sin el gran Bill Murray y sin la enorme Scarlett Johansson, podría haberse quedado en nada (Anna Faris y Giovanni Ribisi también están decentes). Pero no es el caso. Te crees al 100% la historia que acaba por juntar a los dos personajes, pero sobretodo, entiendes que entre los dos haya química. Son dos personajes en un estado delicado dentro de su vida, y necesitan algo para seguir adelante.

De momento, mi película favorita de Sofia Coppola.

• Luiz Augusto

★★★★★ Watched by Luiz Augusto 24 Aug, 2014

It's what this is all about.

• feedingbrett

★★★★★ Rewatched by feedingbrett 23 Aug, 2014 8

Included In Lists:
    Great Movies
    Strong Performances

Review In A Nutshell:

It has been roughly around five years since my first encounter with this film, and my experience of it this time around has been different. I was only 15 when I first watched this film and viewed it in my tiny laptop laying down in my couch in the dark being entranced by the complex and unique romance of its two leads, that projects a true representation of what…

• Ross

★★½ Watched by Ross 22 Aug, 2014

I think I was just in the wrong mood for it, but I didn't really enjoy watching this. The acting is really good like you would expect, but nothing grabbed me.

• redbeardriley

★★★★ Rewatched by redbeardriley 05 Aug, 2014

Watched this again. It's probably been five years since I last saw it, ten years since I first saw it. The film came out when I was in college (when I was roughly the same age as Charlotte). I see the film through different eyes now than I did then, as I now fall between the Bob and Charlotte characters in age. The world is no longer as new and fresh and full of possibility, but I'm (thankfully) not (yet)…

• Elliot

★★★★★ Watched by Elliot 17 Aug, 2014

I had written a massive piece about this film on here and then my browser crashed and I lost it all! I'll keep it short and sweet this time.

I'm prefacing this brief review by saying that I'm actually in love with Scarlett Johansson and I'm also very fond of Bill Murray. If you don't like these two, then you probably won't like this film and I probably won't like you.

Lost in Translation is a story of two souls…