• brantonsaurus

½ Added by brantonsaurus

I consider this movie to be the moaning banshee of the post-consumerist bourgeoisie. Discontent with their empty lives, the characters trampling across a culture they do not care to digest or understand while ruminating about their self-absorption.

I vomited halfway through...probably because of a stomach virus...but I'm blaming it on Coppola's bland dialogue.

Watch this movie so that you may have an objective baseline for soul-crushing mediocrity. Perhaps I am misconstruing the film and Sofia Coppola is as shrewd as…

• Warren Gilbert

★★★★ Watched by Warren Gilbert 22 Aug, 2016

A drama that effectively portrays two people who are lost in their relationships and somehow find a special friendship in a foreign land. Part of what makes this work so well is the perfect casting of Bill Murray as a sad and very lonely but charismatic older man and Scarlett Johansson as the cute but plain and neglected young woman.

The setting in Japan also works very well in that it is so different from America yet remains fascinating in…

• Harry J. Ford

★★★★½ Rewatched by Harry J. Ford 01 Mar, 2016

A (up from B).

• livingforelvis

★★★★★ Watched by livingforelvis 24 Aug, 2016

One of my most favourite movies..
    Bill murray is just brilliant

• Ben

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ben 23 Aug, 2016 22

PSA: I'm leaving for college tomorrow (for which I need to get organizized), so I probably won't be very active on here for a couple weeks. After that, I'll try to post as often as my schedule allows.

An infinitely more important PSA: watch Lost in Translation. You'll love it.

• Anastasia28

★★★★ Rewatched by Anastasia28 23 Aug, 2016 2

La primera vez que vi está película, hará ya unos cuantos meses, me dejó incómoda ante el cúmulo de sinsabores.

Hoy, que la he vuelto a ver, los sinsabores han sido los mismos, pero me he permitido disfrutarlos.

Aquella primera vez no me gustó que fuese cruda, ni que empezase y terminase exactamente en el mismo punto de soledad. Con perspectiva puedo ver que, quizás, ese día me salté por alto (no literalmente, que conste) todo lo que pasaba justo…

• Aidan Sears

★★★★½ Watched by Aidan Sears 23 Aug, 2016

because there are thousands of movies that try so desperately to be this movie, there was an instinct in me to turn away from this one. i didn't really want to watch another story of very smart and very sad americans trying to find their purpose among the strange foreigners.

but the reason so many movies try (badly) to be lost in translation is because lost in translation gets it right, not rubbing in your face how smart and sad…

• Eeliel047

★★★★ Watched by Eeliel047 04 May, 2016

Actuaciones que son realmente buenas, tanto Bill Murray y Scarlett johansson hacen una perfecta química. tanto el excelente guión y una dirección impecable de Sofia Ford Coppola, dotando de una experiencia emocional sobre dos personas perdidas en un choque cultural.

• marinet97

★★★ Watched by marinet97 22 Aug, 2016

"The more you know who you are and what you want, the less you let things upset you."

• WonderfulGirl

★★★★ Added by WonderfulGirl

The first 40 minutes are mediocre, but the second hour is more than good.

• Fabio Arnold

★★★½ Watched by Fabio Arnold 21 Aug, 2016

Schöne Ruhige Atmosphäre, hat mir gefallen.

• nelsonm

★★★★½ Rewatched by nelsonm 22 Aug, 2016

This film is always a joy to revisit. Sofia Coppola's writing perfectly details the most thoughtful moments in a character's journey and I love watching that unfold in this almost surreal world. The ending of this movie is so beautiful, I love every moment of this film!!