• seasondays

★★ Watched by seasondays 04 Feb, 2012

so long, so repetitive; it is an exhausting experience that lacks any kind of focus that seems more determined to move you to tears than to show you a good film.

• Mads Dahl Mølgaard Madsen

★★★½ Added by Mads Dahl Mølgaard Madsen

Spændende film! Fin præstation af Gerard Butler! Filmen giver et råt og interessant billede af brutale kampe for overlevelse i Afrika, og et splittet og uskønt forhold mellem at være præst i en amerikansk kirke og være en selvtægtig beskytter af uskyldige afrikanere. Filmen var så speciel, og hovedkarakterens ud-/afvikling så interessant, at jeg bør se den igen engang, og filmen er klart anbefalelsesværdig!

• alexbhades

★★ Watched by alexbhades 21 May, 2012

Sentimentaloide, procristiana, previsible.
    No es que sea una mala película, es que no aporta nada.

• Si Sharp

★★ Watched by Si Sharp 10 Jul, 2015

Clumsily put together and overlong true story. Butler does his best, but the there's just not enough to his character to care about, which is an astonishing achievement for such an incredible story.

The film unfolds with the subtlety a AK-47, and there's no real plot beyond the pitch.

• SammyBronkowitz

★½ Watched by SammyBronkowitz 04 Mar, 2013

Oooooooooh, ouch. Is there anything worse than seeing such well intended movies crash and burn like that? I mean, if it all REALLY happened like that, okay, who am I to judge someone for living a life, that fulfills every rule in the corny-biopic-scriptwriting-for-beginners book? But face it, as a movie, it just doesn’t work at all. Although Gerard Butler is surprisingly good in this.

• Christian Katzorke

★★½ Watched by Christian Katzorke 30 Jun, 2015

"I ask you, if a mad man came in and abducted your child and I said to you I can bring your child home...does it matter how I bring them home?"
    Sam Childers

Impressive story (I do not know how much of it is true), but not very well made.

• Tim Burnham

★★ Watched by Tim Burnham 07 May, 2015

Butler's emotional arc almost salvages an otherwise pandering film.

• Polo

★★★½ Watched by Polo 27 May, 2015

Je m'attendais à un bon film bien bourrin où l'ancien délinquant allait débarquer en Afrique et dézinguer tout le monde pour sauver la veuve et l'orphelin.

Au lieu de cela on commence par une - bonne - critique d'une partie de la société américaine, les bikers rednecks. Tout y passe : la prison, la drogue, la violence, la vie familiale et enfin la rédemption par la religion. Cette dernière qui amènera le héros à s’intéresser au sort des enfants d'Ouganda…

• Threepwood

Watched by Threepwood 21 May, 2015

My brain fights:

"For me to sit here and give all kinds of excuses to make it right, I can't do. But what I want to ask everyone out there, everyone that has a child, everyone that has a brother, a sister: if your child or family member was abducted today, if a mad man came in, a terrorist came in, abducted your family member or your child and if I said to you I can bring your child home ... Does it matter how I bring them home?"
    - Sam Childers

• Jimmy Dix

Added by Jimmy Dix

Aburrida.

• Charlie Derry

★★ Watched by Charlie Derry 04 Mar, 2015

At one point I thought I liked Gerard Butler films, but I'm liking them less and less. Machine Gun Preacher had more meaning behind it than I thought it would, but it was still a very boring film.

• FreakWithShoes

★★★★★ Watched by FreakWithShoes 23 Mar, 2015

What a powerful film, to see someone go from the mess he was to someone with such strong values was amazing, I really loved this film and would recommend highly!! Touched my heart 😄