• miriam

★★★★★ Watched by miriam 06 Nov, 2014

un drama lo que esta pasando en estos paises y un ole a la pelicula por hacer que nos llegue.

• Coldhands

★½ Watched by Coldhands 30 Oct, 2014

Not my cup of tea

• aurora ruin

★★★★ Added by aurora ruin

YO YO YO

• Akhilleys

★★★ Watched by Akhilleys 21 Oct, 2014 1

¿Por qué tuvo esta película una acogida tan mala en el cine? No es mala. Decae al final, sí, pero no es mala como para recaudar un ingreso inferior a la inversión. Es una historia cruda y desgarradora, que en cierto modo es personal (no es un "Diamante de Sangre" o un "Lágrimas del sol"). Se basa en un hecho real, de alguien contándote su historia (con el filtro "ficción" encendido, por algunas escenas –la del tornado, por ejemplo– inventadas…

• Draco_Wolfsbane

★★★ Watched by Draco_Wolfsbane 05 Oct, 2014

"But God don't only call the good.I reckon every now and again he calls us sinners, too, and I was about as bad as they come."- Sam Childers.

A good film that tells a true story about the horrors in war torn Africa. It can be a little harrowing at times but it is necessary to the telling of the story.
    There is good acting throughout from all and it is shot well and moves along nicely.Good effort that is worth watching.

• markusinnocenti

★★ Watched by markusinnocenti 16 Aug, 2014

Mmmh. Christians in Africa with Guns. Let me think about that for a minute.

• Fish

★★★ Watched by Fish 03 Jul, 2014

With a hectic work schedule and actually socialising a lot, my film watching had slowed to an almost halt recently. So, first of all, a recap of the reviews I had neglected to post. First up; 'Machine Gun Preacher'.

I won't let, I hadn't done my research on this one, and was expecting an action flick. Can't blame me for expecting that with Butler starring. Regardless of expectations, I was pleasantly surprised.

Machine Gun Preacher is certainly contrived, but it…

• nicktday

★★ Watched by nicktday 24 May, 2014

Mostly lousy film with unsympathetic characters in a messy narrative that never feels like it has substance to it's tribulations. Until around the last twenty minutes when one of the orphan kids speaks and the film begins to address it's subject matter head on.

• Lazuardi

★½ Watched by Lazuardi 16 May, 2014

Machine Gun Preacher tried to show a humanist storytelling and good example of individual as Gerard Butler Character. But behind it, very weak story plot kills audience mood into beneath level

• Devon Seltzer

★★ Watched by Devon Seltzer 23 Mar, 2014 2

If you think Machine Gun Preacher sounds like the new mascot for the American Tea Party movement, then you aren't too far off. Telling the story of an ex-con who finds religion and decides to build an orphanage in Sudan, Machine Gun Preacher is a pretty messy film with some real highs and lows throughout its 2+ hour runtime.

As I always feel the need to do with these true story inspired films, I must point out that the message…

• Boost

★★★½ Added by Boost

"Think of the children!" This biker did, and that's why his daughter didn't get to ride in a limo. I had forgotten about KONY 2012 until I saw this. Butler and Shannon are great. It's a bit long, but they needed to do that to show the contrast in locations and lifestyles. Awesome directing, an enjoyable drama.

• Andrew K

★★ Watched by Andrew K 28 Feb, 2014 2

It is rare that I would recommend a movie that isn't all that good, but I feel like people should see this movie. Until a documentary is released, if you don't want to read his book, this is how you can learn about an amazing story.

while the title would have worked a few years ago, with the revival of the Grindhouse genre, it comes off misleading. This is a bio-pic of a remarkable man: a former con/drug addict/bad dude…