• Karla

★★½ Watched by Karla 24 Jan, 2015

tugica

• KMOKLER

★★★½ Added by KMOKLER

Marc Forster's machine gun preacher is a very underacted and very good movie about a guy who is pretty messed up and then kills someone and then decides he want god to forgive him for his sins so he goes to church and becomes a preacher and helps children in the civil war from being killed but loads of bad stuff happen and it just makes him feel worse but he keeps bringing in more people and more money that…

• phil haigh

★★ Watched by phil haigh 16 Jan, 2015

The trouble with scripting bio-pics is that stories need an internal logic whilst life doesn't. Gerard Butler is a trained lawyer so he should surely be able to sue the writers using the trade descriptions act. It's an interesting idea which doesn't come off because it doesn't seem to know how to shape the parts into anything whole.

• EditGeek

★★ Watched by EditGeek 13 Jan, 2015

Machine Gun Preacher - This should of been an interesting and thought provoking story. What you end up with is somewhat pedestrian. (C+)

• joelhwa

★★½ Watched by joelhwa 31 May, 2013

5/10: Averagely good. This movie has a lot of graphic and violent scenes, showing the horror caused by a civil war, torture, savage murders, and how entire villages are destroyed. Very graphic and unsettling in many ways.

• miriam

★★★★★ Watched by miriam 06 Nov, 2014

un drama lo que esta pasando en estos paises y un ole a la pelicula por hacer que nos llegue.

• Coldhands

★½ Watched by Coldhands 30 Oct, 2014

Not my cup of tea

• aurora lux

★★★★ Added by aurora lux

YO YO YO

• Akhilleys

★★★ Watched by Akhilleys 21 Oct, 2014 1

¿Por qué tuvo esta película una acogida tan mala en el cine? No es mala. Decae al final, sí, pero no es mala como para recaudar un ingreso inferior a la inversión. Es una historia cruda y desgarradora, que en cierto modo es personal (no es un "Diamante de Sangre" o un "Lágrimas del sol"). Se basa en un hecho real, de alguien contándote su historia (con el filtro "ficción" encendido, por algunas escenas –la del tornado, por ejemplo– inventadas…

• Draco_Wolfsbane

★★★ Watched by Draco_Wolfsbane 05 Oct, 2014

"But God don't only call the good.I reckon every now and again he calls us sinners, too, and I was about as bad as they come."- Sam Childers.

A good film that tells a true story about the horrors in war torn Africa. It can be a little harrowing at times but it is necessary to the telling of the story.
    There is good acting throughout from all and it is shot well and moves along nicely.Good effort that is worth watching.

• markusinnocenti

★★ Watched by markusinnocenti 16 Aug, 2014

Mmmh. Christians in Africa with Guns. Let me think about that for a minute.

• Fish

★★★ Watched by Fish 03 Jul, 2014

With a hectic work schedule and actually socialising a lot, my film watching had slowed to an almost halt recently. So, first of all, a recap of the reviews I had neglected to post. First up; 'Machine Gun Preacher'.

I won't let, I hadn't done my research on this one, and was expecting an action flick. Can't blame me for expecting that with Butler starring. Regardless of expectations, I was pleasantly surprised.

Machine Gun Preacher is certainly contrived, but it…