• Cameron Wayne Johnson

★★½ Watched by Cameron Wayne Johnson 29 Jan, 2015

And here I thought that this was going to be the film that brought Robert Redford out of retirement as an actor, because why wouldn't he show up for the long-overdue sequel to the Oscar-winning "Out of Africa"? Man, I can't even joke about that, because this isn't that kind of film, although it is considered more respectable than its predecessor by most people (Hey, I like the last movie; get off my back). They probably gave this film some…

• Emma Lane

★★½ Watched by Emma Lane 09 Dec, 2008

VL

• Volker Bohlmann

★★★½ Rewatched by Volker Bohlmann 05 Jan, 2015

In meinen Augen, ein würdiger Nachfolger. Nicht so gut wie Teil 1, aber kein billiger Abklatsch davon. Das rechne ich den Machern von Madagaskar 2 hoch an, gut geworden!

• Ricardo Mendes

★★½ Watched by Ricardo Mendes 04 Jan, 2015

Não sei se foi por ter visto a versão dobrada,mas este está muito longe em comédia do primeiro...

• Joyce Heinen

★★★ Rewatched by Joyce Heinen 26 Dec, 2014

At the end of the entertaining “Madagascar” it was inevitable there would be a sequel. It probably wouldn’t be as much fun right? Wrong! The strong points of the first movie were expanded in the sequel and the characters have found new goals in their lives. The jokes are as much fun, the pace is perfect and the animations are again very good.

Again you shouldn’t expect a strong plot. The movie starts, after a short story back in time,…

• Chloe

Added by Chloe

I hate sequels. I wasn't optimistic and was proved right. It had lost the spark of the first movie and just focused on Alex finding and bonding with his dad. Half the amount of laughs, story and adventure. Why bother with sequels!!!!!

• RIMovieCorner

★★★★★ Added by RIMovieCorner

While the first 'Madagascar' is my personal favorite of the franchise, it can be argued the sequels are better. That can very much be said when it comes to 'Madagascar 2: Escape 2 Africa'. It's just as chaotic as the first film and still just as funny, once again featuring great animation and voice acting but also having just as many emotionally poignant moments as the first film, if not more.

• Matt Wooldridge

★★½ Rewatched by Matt Wooldridge 05 Dec, 2014

Mostly a good attempt at a sequel here despite some big mistakes. The biggest mistake I can see is making a bit part in a Kung Fu Granny from the first film into a major villain here. The jokes are mostly okay to good but nowhere as crisp as those that land in the first entry. My boys enjoy these films and I'm looking forward to our inevitable viewing of the third in the series which I haven't seen. And maybe ... just maybe we might get to this Penguins movie currently in cinemas. I like the trailer for it.

• walatomus27

★★ Added by walatomus27

Madagascar is already in Africa also rip of of a lion king

• MovieMan23

★½ Added by MovieMan23

Bad sequel to an otherwise good movie.

• Phil

★★★ Added by Phil

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• lavrego

★★½ Watched by lavrego 22 Nov, 2014

Ufffff, non acada o humor da primeira, a trama escollida xa está moi gastada. O que si merece a pena é a historia paralela dos pinguins mafiosos e os monos.