• Charlie Derry

★★★½ Watched by Charlie Derry 03 Apr, 2014

I love the Madagascar characters. The penguins and King Julian should each have their own films, undeniably, but they're so much fun altogether. This film makes me laugh so much, and I almost prefer it to the first.

• Espen von Hirsch Kummeneje

★★★ Watched by Espen von Hirsch Kummeneje 12 Jan, 2014

Fast-moving and chaotic start makes way to a fairly traditional feelgood film about love, friendship, family, and, uh, life. I like the creature design; the overall looks and animation slightly less. Generally cool music. In summary decently charming and a nice way to spend some lazy hours with chuckles and smiles.

• Niall Blackie

★★½ Watched by Niall Blackie 04 Jan, 2014

For some reason I saw the third Madagascar before seeing this one. Not really sure why as I found the first one quite enjoyable. However, after enjoying the 3rd one when I saw it at the cinema I thought I would give this one a watch.

I found it to be the worst of the 3 movies so far. While there are some very funny moments in it, I just felt it was a bit ordinary. There wasn't enough original…

• SMRIDGLEY74

★½ Watched by SMRIDGLEY74 28 Dec, 2013

Not as funny as the first, had its moments.

• Mareks Smilga

★★★½ Watched by Mareks Smilga 13 Dec, 2008

Ja patika pirmā daļa, tad nav nozīmīgu iemeslu, lai nepatiktu šī.

• Nick Britton

★★½ Watched by Nick Britton 04 Jun, 2013

Maybe Bernie Mac's best work, and I mean that in the best possible way. He is amazing in the role. He has the best lines. He relieves the rest of the cast from being funny and they certainly took that cue because otherwise, except for the main penguin, there's no humor here. But damn Bernie Mac is great in this.

• Cameron McDermott

★★½ Added by Cameron McDermott

An unfortunate ugly middle child in the Madagascar series.

• Jared Mobarak

★★★ Watched by Jared Mobarak 01 Jun, 2012

• Edgar Cochran

★★½ Added by Edgar Cochran

Inexplicably dumb decisions and emotional tensions between the main characters arise in Africa, the landscape that presents the plot of Madagascar's sequel. The result is STILL retarded, and with forced inclusions of non-funny humor and suggestive content, Dreamworks will never be able to surpass Shrek, being their best attempt Kung-Fu Panda. There is, however, a better camera use for the cinematography and the penguins are still kicking ass.

50/100

• Vero

★★★ Watched by Vero 28 Jun, 2013

It's entertaining but it seems more of the same, so yeah. It's not bad but it's not great either.
    Two stars for the penguins, one for everything else.

• Esteban Gonzalez

★★★ Added by Esteban Gonzalez

This was an entertaining movie which in my opinion is better than the first Madagascar but falls short to other animated films released this year like Kung Fu Panda and Wall-E. The story is funny and entertaining and the most memorable characters happen to be the secondary ones like the penguins and the lemers. However I dont think I would enjoy watching it again as I would other films of the same genre but it was entertaining to watch for…

• Emma

★★½ Watched by Emma 09 Oct, 2012

This isn't particularly funny and doesn't have the novelty of the first film.