• Priscila Ramirez

★★★½ Added by Priscila Ramirez

3.5/5

• Kevin Matthews

★★★½ Watched by Kevin Matthews 11 May, 2015

Just as much fun as the first movie, this is a bright, enjoyable, cute comedy for the family. It adds plenty of new characters, but keeps the main quartet front and centre (while also giving plenty of screentime to Julien and those brilliantly devious penguins).

• Chloe

Added by Chloe

Awful

• NikkiLee

★★★★½ Rewatched by NikkiLee 27 Apr, 2015

A great animated movie, on par with some of the lesser Pixars movies. Better than the first Madagascar in every way.

• jadecanard

★★★½ Rewatched by jadecanard 27 Apr, 2015

A more mature film than the original, though thankfully, still a snappy joke-fest.

• Red Ford

★½ Watched by Red Ford 31 Mar, 2015

it's pretty clear why they decided to continue this franchise with just penguins...let's just say it's not because davey shwimmer had conflicting projects. honestly i can't believe they made a 3rd picture with this group.

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

Passable sequel.

• Adam Bolden

★★★★½ Watched by Adam Bolden 20 May, 2012

Alex (Ben Stiller), Marty (Chris Rock), Melman (David Schwimmer) and Gloria (Jada Pinkett Smith) are leaving Madagascar, but their trip ends short with them crashing in a reserve in Africa. There, Alex is reunited with his parents (Bernie Mac and Sherri Shepherd) and the rest find themselves fitting in with their kind a little too well.

This movie takes a step in the right direction. Having introduced the characters in the first film, this sequel brings a stronger, more personal…

• Paul Berkeley

★★★½ Watched by Paul Berkeley 04 Mar, 2015

Movie number 2 in this franchise was as expected.The graphics are beautiful.The voice acting from Ben Stiller,Chris Rock,David Schwimmer and Jada Pinkett Smith was good.Hard to believe its been 7 years since this came out but glad I eventually got around to seeing it.A nice movie for all no matter what age you are.

• MrCritic

★★★★ Added by MrCritic

Surprisingly an improvement over its predecessor. "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa" in a way fixes the main issue of its predecessor and as a result we have a very entertaining sequel. The story has more of a focus on a certain character and that's Alex the lion. The other characters have their subplots as well and that makes the story a little more interesting as our main characters end up in Africa on their way home so have to find a…

• Cameron Wayne Johnson

★★½ Watched by Cameron Wayne Johnson 29 Jan, 2015

And here I thought that this was going to be the film that brought Robert Redford out of retirement as an actor, because why wouldn't he show up for the long-overdue sequel to the Oscar-winning "Out of Africa"? Man, I can't even joke about that, because this isn't that kind of film, although it is considered more respectable than its predecessor by most people (Hey, I like the last movie; get off my back). They probably gave this film some…

• Emma Lane