• JaySalahi

★★ Watched by JaySalahi 17 Jul, 2010

C (74)

• Alexis Langevin

★★★½ Added by Alexis Langevin

That was cute! Although I almost cried during the first minutes...

• KMOKLER

★★★ Added by KMOKLER

Still great too look at and much better than the first with a douch bag villain but it still holds most of the problems the first movie had.

• MatthewLB

★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 04 Aug, 2014

I like this film more then the first movie.

• Ally Berry

★½ Added by Ally Berry

LOVED the penguins.

Everyone else hurt my ears.

AND EYES.

( °□° ) *MY EVERYTHING*

• Carolinanz

★★½ Added by Carolinanz

"I'm not gonna stay out in the open and get attacked by more animals. I'm too old to die"

• GiddyNGleeful

★½ Added by GiddyNGleeful

This sequel takes a somewhat strange route in that it decides to divide into four separate stories about its four main characters, only ever finding a little time to unite them. It doesn't help that none of those stories are particularly strong. There is a splash of heart with the story of Alex the lion discovering his roots, but the entirety of the film just isn't all that funny to me.

• Danny Webster

★½ Rewatched by Danny Webster 27 Jun, 2014

Completely overcooks itself with tired running gags and despicably boring and unfunny jokes. Not only does the film do that, but it practically takes all the jokes from the first one (Of which there aren't many anyway) and repeatedly smashes them at the screen: Laugh! Laugh! Laugh! Laugh! Laugh! Laugh! Laugh!

You know when you constantly look at a word, and it just doesn't look right. That just happened with 'laugh' to me, and now I'm confused as although I'm…

• stacybuckeye

★★★½ Watched by stacybuckeye 08 May, 2014

I had seen the first and the third before I saw this one and liked them a little better, but this is still good.

• whitsbrain

★★★★ Added by whitsbrain

When they make "Madagascar 3" (and they will) I want it to be about the Penguins. I found them to the best thing about the first Madagascar movie and they are once again the stars of the sequel. While the main characters Alex the Lion Marty the Zebra Melman the Giraffe and Gloria the Hippo go searching for themselves the Penguins are all business. They salvage and rebuild the plane that they crashed in Africa and have hired a crew…

• Liara KCrane

★★ Watched by Liara KCrane 06 May, 2014

Same old really, and if you are a fan of the first you won't be disappointed in this sequel. Had a few nice quirky bits and Julian was as camp as ever :)

• Alastair Hendry

★★★½ Watched by Alastair Hendry 31 Jan, 2010

An enjoyable film with some funny moments although I didn't find the story very involving. The animation has moved on leaps and bounds from the first film and the African landscape and animals look fantastic. I was pleased to see the Penguins and Monkeys had been given larger parts this time around as they really should be the stars of the show! (31.1.10)