• Dave Holmes

★★★★★ Added by Dave Holmes

Not necessarily better than the first, but certainly more frantically-paced and high-energy - which turns out to be a good thing, as the standard "finding oneself" story strands of the central quartet are gloriously overshadowed by the surreal absurdity of the supporting "cast". Alex the Lion remakes "The Lion King", Gloria the Hippo and Melman the Giraffe dabble in "Joe Vs the Volcano" (and some bizarre interspecies romancing), and Marty the zebra finds himself (or rather LOSES himself) in the…

• Henrik Wilhelmsson

★★★½ Rewatched by Henrik Wilhelmsson 23 Oct, 2015

Pretty funny. Watched it with my son.

• Mikrotubuli

★★★★ Added by Mikrotubuli

funny film with risk of getting an epileptic seizure ;)

• ktunda

Watched by ktunda 13 Oct, 2015

Coisas do meu pai, não me julgues por favor rsrs

• Lucas Ribeiro

★★★½ Rewatched by Lucas Ribeiro 12 Oct, 2015

im julien always

• Bleki

★★★½ Watched by Bleki 11 Sep, 2015

Volim se gibat, gibat,,,

P.S. rijetko kad je nastavak ovoliko bolji od originala. Gotovo svaki segment je ovdje popravljen, od likova i njihovih motivacija, do kulturnih referenci koje su ovdje daleko suptilnije i općenito bolje izvedene do te mjere da vam nije neugodno gledati u ekran.

• Ana Rita

★★★ Added by Ana Rita

The first one was epic. This one was special as well but not as much!

• mfulton

★½ Added by mfulton

• The Movie King

★★★★ Rewatched by The Movie King 26 Jul, 2015

Animation Sunday 2015 #29: Madagascar 2

Much better than the first film.

Snappier jokes, improved characterization, better conflict.

And more penguins. Always a good sign.

Mixed on the william songs though. Never was a fan.

"This is your captain speaking. I have good news and bad news. The good news is that we will be landing immediately. The bad news is, we're crash landing. When it comes to air travel, we know that you have no choice whatsoever, but thanks again for choosing Air Penguin."

8/10 (great)

• Princess Leia

★★★★ Rewatched by Princess Leia 26 Jul, 2015

Now I admit Escape 2 Africa was a lot better than the first Madagascar movie. Why?, because Escape 2 Africa had more laughs and more fun. Characters were fun to hang out with in stuff, and I thought Sacha Barren Cohan was the big nut case in this film than in last Madagascar film. Escape 2 Africa is pure DreamWorks brilliance ...nuff said.

(8/10)- Knock your socks off.

• Gnske

Added by Gnske

Madagascar: Escape 2 the Bank to store more money

The epitome of unmemorable

• Brad Fruhauff

★★★ Watched by Brad Fruhauff 29 Jun, 2015

I had to piece this one together whilst making dinner for my boys, but my sense of it was that it carried on the tradition of the first in being charming, funny, multi-layered (i.e., throwing in some gags for the adults), and decently embedding its "message" into its story. For a modern tale of different cultures first clashing and then creating real community, I appreciated that this didn't implicitly or explicitly privilege the advanced, Western culture of the zoo animals. Instead it plays up the importance of family and affection, which isn't a bad place to start.