• The Movie King

★★★★ Rewatched by The Movie King 26 Jul, 2015

Animation Sunday 2015 #29: Madagascar 2

Much better than the first film.

Snappier jokes, improved characterization, better conflict.

And more penguins. Always a good sign.

Mixed on the william songs though. Never was a fan.

"This is your captain speaking. I have good news and bad news. The good news is that we will be landing immediately. The bad news is, we're crash landing. When it comes to air travel, we know that you have no choice whatsoever, but thanks again for choosing Air Penguin."

8/10 (great)

• Princess Leia

★★★★ Rewatched by Princess Leia 26 Jul, 2015

Now I admit Escape 2 Africa was a lot better than the first Madagascar movie. Why?, because Escape 2 Africa had more laughs and more fun. Characters were fun to hang out with in stuff, and I thought Sacha Barren Cohan was the big nut case in this film than in last Madagascar film. Escape 2 Africa is pure DreamWorks brilliance ...nuff said.

(8/10)- Knock your socks off.

• Gnske

Added by Gnske

Madagascar: Escape 2 the Bank to store more money

The epitome of unmemorable

• Brad Fruhauff

★★★ Watched by Brad Fruhauff 29 Jun, 2015

I had to piece this one together whilst making dinner for my boys, but my sense of it was that it carried on the tradition of the first in being charming, funny, multi-layered (i.e., throwing in some gags for the adults), and decently embedding its "message" into its story. For a modern tale of different cultures first clashing and then creating real community, I appreciated that this didn't implicitly or explicitly privilege the advanced, Western culture of the zoo animals. Instead it plays up the importance of family and affection, which isn't a bad place to start.

• vili_h

★★★★ Watched by vili_h 19 Feb, 2015

such a funny film, and watching it when you're older means that you get some of the jokes that flew right over your head as a smaller child

• Robert Sutton

★★★½ Rewatched by Robert Sutton 10 Jun, 2015

A little better than the original. Actually pretty pleasant and funny.

• David Gutierrez

★★ Added by David Gutierrez 2

Even worst than the first one, Madagascar 2 is only saved from being a total mess by the amazing penguins. Too bad they're too little time on screen.

• LillaLili

Added by LillaLili

Madagascar - Elveszve Afrikában

• Priscila

★★★½ Added by Priscila

3.5/5

• Kevin Matthews

★★★½ Watched by Kevin Matthews 11 May, 2015

Just as much fun as the first movie, this is a bright, enjoyable, cute comedy for the family. It adds plenty of new characters, but keeps the main quartet front and centre (while also giving plenty of screentime to Julien and those brilliantly devious penguins).

• Chloe

Watched by Chloe 03 May, 2015

Awful

• NikkiLee

★★★★½ Rewatched by NikkiLee 27 Apr, 2015

A great animated movie, on par with some of the lesser Pixars movies. Better than the first Madagascar in every way.