• James

Watched by James 17 Nov, 2014 4

"Without Manos: The Hands of Fate there would be no 2001: A Space Oddyssey."
    -Stanley Kubrick

"Robert Smith Jr and Russ Huddleston's score is the reason I started composing"
    -John Williams

"I almost quit show business for good the first time I saw Manos. I mean, when a performance as brilliant as John Reynolds' Torgo already exists why would I even bother trying..."
    -Jack Nicholson

• Hayden

½ Watched by Hayden 15 Nov, 2014

Fantastic movie. Stupendous acting. Breathtaking cinematography. Pristine editing. Ingenious writing.

The End
    ?

• Andy Decker

★★★★ Rewatched by Andy Decker 08 Nov, 2014

The Master would not approve!

• robert goydas

½ Watched by robert goydas 02 Nov, 2014

Well I heard the rumors and the stories of how bad it was and then I watched it. None of those stories could come anywhere close to describing how excruciating the experience of watching this piece of irredeemable shit. This may not be the absolute worst movie but it's definitely within the top, (or should that be "bottom"?) twenty-five. The camera work, editing, acting, directing, lighting, writing, soundtrack, and effects work are done in the most amateurish fashion, that none…

• hydra815

½ Added by hydra815

You may have heard this film touted as the "worst film ever made" after it's appearance on Mystery Science Theatre 3000 and I'm not going to try and dispute that fact because I'd be fighting a losing battle. In terms of pacing, camerawork, acting, editing, plot and almost everything else cinematic, Warren fails in almost every way with the quality being so terrible, every scene dragging on for about fifteen seconds longer than it should, leaving the actors simply standing…

• Pahlzy

★★★★ Added by Pahlzy

So bad, it's good.

• Fish

½ Watched by Fish 01 Oct, 2014

When I hear the tagline for a film is 'One of the worst film's ever committed to cinema', you have instantly got my attention. And the blurb on the back of the DVD box did it no harm at all, the first half praising the cinematic vision, the latter portion questioning how 'Manos; The Hands of Fate' ever got made.

Well, let's get it out of the way early on; it sucks. It really is a terrible film. But at…

• Lobezno Estepario

½ Added by Lobezno Estepario

Torgo siempre en nuestros corazones.

• TBird

½ Added by TBird

The only way to survive this film with your sanity intact is to watch it through MST3K. Even then the whole experience will still leave you scarred. Tripe of the highest calibre.

• M.A. DeRuyter

★★ Added by M.A. DeRuyter

A classic of "bad" cinema. Harold P. Warren presciently thought this movie would do better overdubbed as a comedy, and boy was he right. The success of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode is testament to this film's unintentional hilarity. What more needs to be said?

• Isaac von Schmitt

★★★½ Rewatched by Isaac von Schmitt 02 Sep, 2014

I'm not sure if this was more, or less painful a second time around. I certainly rated it better this time though, so thats something. I guess?

• Mel S