• Mista West

• oolalaa

★★★½ Watched by oolalaa 22 Oct, 2016

• thecloudycritic

★★★★½ Watched by thecloudycritic 02 Oct, 2016

Rewatched the excellent Margin Call for the 7th time! Chandor captains a tight ship with of the most engaging screenplays in recent memory, brought to life with true panache by an impressive ensemble. Evidently Irons, Spacey, and Bettany are the standouts, but it's hard to fault any member of this cast. Looking fwd to seeing what Chandor comes up with next , following All is Lost & A Most Violent Year.

• DavideDL

★★★★ Added by DavideDL

Un grande concentrato di sceneggiatura, tutto giocato su una singola notte. Complicato stare dietro ad alcune disquisizioni tecniche sulla materia, ma potentissimo affresco sulle tecnicalità fredde e asettiche hanno portato il mondo nella crisi odierna. Tanto i potenti i loro soldi non li perdono mai...

• Fox Cub Films

★★★★★ Added by Fox Cub Films

The best depiction of the 2008 crash I've seen on screen. Taut, understated & full of rich, empathetic characters.

• jon

★★★★ Watched by jon 12 Oct, 2016

A solid film with a great cast. Due to the large cast however some of the actors were wasted in their roles not given enough screen time, looking at you Demi Moore. Jeremey Irons however was brilliant in this, considering the less screen time he shared than other notable actors. Bettany and Spacey were also solid in their roles. The film revolves around the lead up to the financial crash of '08, however doesn't delve to deeply into the hows and whys but just on the impact this had within a major company and its employees, the big players to the minnows.

• Lilsmizzul

★★½ Added by Lilsmizzul

Damn this movie is boring!

• Mathías

★★★ Watched by Mathías 13 Jun, 2015

Watched: 1/1
    Performances: 2/3
    Screenplay: 1/3
    Direction: 2/3

Rating: 6/10

This is a good film about economic crisis showed from the side of the people that found out that something wrong was going on. The performances are great and the way the story evolves is excellent. Still, it has a lot of economic terms and expressions which might lead to some confusion in audience.

• Shouji

★★★½ Added by Shouji

Great movie! Like the other side of Big Short. But what Bank were they supposed to be working for? Bear Sterns? Goldman Sachs?

• bones

★★★★ Watched by bones 13 Sep, 2016

I'm not an economics buff...okay I know crap about economics but I enjoyed this. And Zach looked so good.

• Alexander Waldemar

★★★½ Watched by Alexander Waldemar 13 Sep, 2016

It's okay that a film uses lots of technical terms and talk about professional mumbo-jumbo that goes far above my head, but when a third of the film consists of trying to explain what's going on to the audience, and I still haven't got a clue what their talking about, then it's an issue.

Margin Call tried to explain (I'm guessing) the financial crisis before The Big Short, and I still understand very little about what actually happened. But Margin…

• paul

★★★★ Watched by paul 10 Sep, 2016

Once upon a time, years and years ago (2008 seems like eons) – there was a financial meltdown that was caused in no small part by banks and investment brokerages dealing in sub-prime loans. Their motis was to buy these iffy loans (sold originally to people whose ability to pay once their teaser rates expired was suspect) and then package them with other more acceptable commodities and sell off to another firm – this back and forth feeding frenzy of…