• alxtriary

★★★★★ Watched by alxtriary 12 May, 2012

Great movie with top notch cast, have to watch it again.

• WillThompson

★★★★ Watched by WillThompson 03 Jul, 2015

It really doesn't matter if you can't follow the economics and technicalities of it. The truth is, Margin Call is a film about people, and the way lives are built around and dictated to by money - an unseen, non-physical and yet all conquering force of nature.

• Caio Berns Pereira

★★★★½ Watched by Caio Berns Pereira 01 Jul, 2015

Pode ser que por algum ângulo esse filme tenha um aspecto prepotente vazio. Se for o caso, eu caí no conto do vigário direitinho.

• Christopher Compton

★★★½ Watched by Christopher Compton 28 Jun, 2015

A killer cast, intelligent yet accessible script and stark cinematography lured me into a story I probably wouldn't have cared much about otherwise. Margin Call sometimes feels a little too self-important, but considering the subject matter and characters the movie is portraying, it fits. Good companion piece to Inside Job

• Rosp

★★★½ Added by Rosp

Nota = 7,5

• Benjamin Devasir

★★★★½ Watched by Benjamin Devasir 20 Jun, 2015 1

With J.C. Chandor producing such amazing pieces with this and All is Lost, I honestly believe he could become one of the best writer / director combinations of his generation.

• Adamantius

★★★½ Watched by Adamantius 02 Mar, 2013

A serious look at how the financial crash of 2007 might have taken place in an investment firm. It covers the day and night when an employee discovers that the math of the firm's books has been mistaken. It covers a wide view of different moral reactions to the discovery. It includes solid acting and storytelling but there are no big revelations or anything too memorable.

• tburnham

★★★★½ Rewatched by tburnham 30 Apr, 2015

A film that is quite small but digs in and digs in and digs in. Smart, stylish, sleek, fast, and brilliantly executed.

• Matthew L. Brady

★★★ Watched by Matthew L. Brady 13 Jun, 2015 2

This is one of those movies where everyone calls flawless but I think it's well done on a acting and directing point of view, but I do think it's a bit overrated in my opinion.

The story to Margin Call takes place in 2008 as a tense action as we follow one 24-hour period at an investment bank just before the financial crisis hits.

Margin Call is a movie that I thought was alright. I do think the movie is…

• Si Sharp

★★★★★ Rewatched by Si Sharp 09 Jun, 2015

Lost none of its power second time round and I only watched this in October. That said, I watched it with my son and he wanted me to tell him about the financial crisis. Eventually I had to explain that no-one understands the financial crisis and it doesn't matter, you just have to understand what motivated it, what the repercussions were and something something money isn't real something something.

By the way, next time you watch this, take notice of…

• JPC

★★★½ Watched by JPC 08 Jun, 2015

Extremadamente contenida pero a su vez intensa, llena de naturalidad y en ese difícil punto de equilibrio entre la sobrecarga de jerga financiera y el exceso de explicaciones en el que es fácil caer dando por hecho la ignorancia del espectador, algo que suele minar la credibilidad de muchas películas.

• James McAllister

★★★★½ Rewatched by James McAllister 08 Jun, 2015

Potent and powerful, 'Margin Call' is a pragmatic parable about the poisonous power of money. Much of its command lies in J.C. Chandor's clever approach to film making, which strips away any excess filmic fat in order to feast on the film's flesh. There's little to no back story or character development, and yet that matters little; the setting immediately registers with you. The environment Chandor creates is a cold & calculating one that's inhabited by a pack of slimy sales…