• Simon Crowe

★★★★ Watched by Simon Crowe 18 Nov, 2014

J.C. Chandor's stunningly confident debut is an important film for anyone looking for insight into the kind of thinking that led to the recent recession. Chandor's tightly constructed script (it wouldn't be that hard to produce this as a play) details what happens when a young analyst at an investment firm (Zachary Quinto) discovers that the firm's risky practices have brought it to the brink of collapse. The result is a slow march to a decision that will keep the…

• Rowan Simpson

★★★ Watched by Rowan Simpson 19 Nov, 2014

Watched in three sittings. And it grew on me. Or it may gave been the jet lag?

Either way, I wouldn't have guessed that this particular subject matter could be dramatised and hold your attention.
    It's interesting to think what you would do if placed in the circumstances these characters find themselves. There are no good answers, really.

• Steven Cohen

★★★½ Watched by Steven Cohen 15 Nov, 2014

I've now seen all three of J. C. Chandor's movies, and while I like All Is Lost the most, Margin Call is still really good - especially in that it made me care about economic developments that I didn't really understand. Plus the cast is great.

• Ryan Gimarc

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ryan Gimarc 19 Nov, 2014

Really incredible.

• Miranda Parker

★★★ Watched by Miranda Parker 19 Nov, 2014

I overall enjoyed this film but I did not understand the dog subplot it seemed very unnecessary in a film that didn't focus on the personal aspects of any other part of the characters life in it. Maybe the significance of it just flew over my head.

• Jesue Valle

★★★★½ Watched by Jesue Valle 18 Nov, 2014

JC Chandor just became, in my opinion, one of the best directors working today but also one of the best writers.

This script just gets the job done.

• wabbit

★★★ Watched by wabbit 16 Nov, 2014

Big cast. So why had I not heard of this? No explosions, no car chases, no nudity, just good solid acting and a story that needs thinking about - that's why.

• Bryan Hetherington

★★ Added by Bryan Hetherington

Intriguing, then almost captivating, then catastrophically anti-climactic. Sad, sad panda.

• Adam Schoales

★★★½ Added by Adam Schoales

Talk about a stacked cast!

...but I didn't understand a single thing that happened. That's not the film's fault, I tried watching Inside Job 3 times and couldn't understand that either.

• Jeremy Doyle

★★★★ Watched by Jeremy Doyle 05 Nov, 2014

Money bad

• Reece Roberts

★★★★½ Watched by Reece Roberts 24 Oct, 2014

A well cast, well written Wallstreet drama.
    Took a little while for you to really invest in the film but it was interesting to see how the characters developed sympathetically and trying to come into terms with the gravity of the situation.
    Kevin Spacey is, well impeccable in this film.

• Matt Thomas

★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Thomas 15 Oct, 2014

An excellently constructed drama which doesn't rely on the dramatic. Measured performances all round (even from Irons) help paint a topical story with believable characters that you can relate to.