• swarlied

★★★★★ Added by swarlied

great subtile scenes, authentic roles and dialoges. must see for every office-working person.

• Michael Kastner

★½ Watched by Michael Kastner 17 May, 2015

Die Geschichte hat mich überhaupt nicht abgeholt. Ich fand den einfach nur stinkend langweilig. Da bringen auch die ordentlichen Darsteller nichts.

• Wilf Wilson

★★★★ Watched by Wilf Wilson 18 May, 2015

Silence.

• Wilco

★★★ Watched by Wilco 06 Nov, 2011

[Notas viejas del 2011 en el tumblr...]

En la muy austera, de regusto teatral, MARGIN CALL (J.C.Chandor, 2011, mix) los responsables de prolongar lo insostenible de nuestro actual sistema económico siguen siendo igual de miserables despues de que el director y escritor del film haya intentado hacerles brotar algo parecido a un alma ~ Un GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS ligero, pero ribeteado de pequeños momentos de brillo y detalles de ingenio: el mandamás -Irons- pide una explicación para dummies de la…

• Rajavelu

★★★½ Watched by Rajavelu 17 May, 2015

Terrific performances from Kevin Spacey, Jeremy Irons. Gorgeously shot. J.C. Chandor is a director you can keep your eyes on.

• elliotx

★★★★ Rewatched by elliotx 20 May, 2015

I never tire of seeing this film. I like the story and direction, but what works for me above all else is the stunning cast. Watching so many talented actors in one film delivering a compelling story always works for me, I'm glued to the screen, watching great performances, and this is why Margin Call works so well for me on a repeated basis.

• JC13

★★★½ Watched by JC13 30 Apr, 2015

"There are three ways to make a living in this business: be first, be smarter, or cheat."- John Tuld

Director J.C. Chandor's feature debut is one which shows a lot of potential. Obviously it helps that he had a terrific cast to help him out, but his direction is very good as is his script. I really knew nothing about the things they were discussing in this film, but it didn't matter because it never lost my interest. Zachary Quinto,…

• Jim Camp

★★★ Watched by Jim Camp 15 May, 2015

Corporate drama about a financial firm in New York. Some employees discover that its products are worthless and, if it continues with its business model, the firm will collapse. Company chief John Tuld (Jeremy Irons) comes up with an innovative but controversial solution.

An interesting and watchable take on the financial crash of 2007-08.

• Momo_13

★★★ Watched by Momo_13 15 May, 2015

An insight into the fascinating beginnings of the "GFC" that many of us watched unfold through news outlets without fully comprehending (or in many cases being affected by). As an Australian, the world of wall street is a little more foreign and the money and business practises obscene. Despite a fantastic cast, I think Scorsese got it right to explore this world thru comedy. The excesses make caring about these people difficult and although there are some good monologues, the…

• Aaron Boardley

★★★★ Watched by Aaron Boardley 14 May, 2015

Good film. There are few enough characters, sufficiently different, that you can keep track of them all in a very samey environment - a refreshing change from many films that get you lost too easily. Taking place over 24 hours in essentially the same location, the film follows human relationships, highs, lows and dilemmas in an environment we've heard much but know little about.

It's a good story for a film - the financial crash - but is not overstated…

• Tim Evans

★★★★ Watched by Tim Evans 11 May, 2015

Smart and scary. Margin call is a star-studded showcase for great acting and great dialogue. It tells the story of wall street at the beginning of the economic crash in 2008. Everyone is getting fired, and right at the worst time.
    The corporations made the mess, and now they have to make the call whether to run off with the leftover money, or to own up, take the fall, and work to set things right. It won't leave you feeling good about human nature, but this movie still drags you to the edge of your seat. Definitely worth watching.

• Jtamarru

★★★ Added by Jtamarru

Despues de los gratos momentos que me ofrecieron las dos últimas películas de J.D. Chandlor tenia grandes expectativas con esta película... La verdad me ha defraudado. Es una película necesaria ya que muestra las dudosas practicas que nos llevaron a la crisis económica. Si bien la película posee algunas imágenes muy potentes, otras sin embargo me parecen demasiado forzadas. Además en algunos momentos se hace algo pesada.

A parte de eso los actores están muy bien (si exceptuamos a D. Moore). De todas formas recomiendo su visión dado que resulta muy didáctica.