• Yuri90

★★★½ Watched by Yuri90 25 Apr, 2015

Un film di cui conoscevo già la storia a grandi linee. La storia ispirata al crac del colosso finanziario "Lehman Brothers" e, in particolare, fa riferimento alle fatidiche 24 ore. Vediamo molti aspetti portati dalla sensibilità dei personaggi sulle possibili conseguenze di questo "enorme inganno" ed in particolare la crudeltà con la quale un dirigente inquina il mercato (portando alla fame migliaia di persone) pur di mantenere la sua carica e il suo patrimonio. Non spiega molto bene le cause…

• Luke McGowan

★★★½ Watched by Luke McGowan 20 Apr, 2015

Margin Call combines the bleakness of Up in the Air with the intelligence of LA Confidential. Capturing the fatigue of the film's characters without ever coming across as tired itself, it is a cold reality of what life is like on the other side of the curtain.

Despite constant pleadings from the characters, Margin Call's subject matter is too complex for the average viewer to absorb. Just know that bad financial stuff is happening and you'll get through it. When…

• Reece Leonard

★★★★½ Added by Reece Leonard

In effectively dramatizing the world of entitled white asswipes whose unparalleled incompetence and incomparable greed nearly destroyed the world economy in 2008, rendering hundreds of thousands of average workers jobless while the miserable pieces of shit at the top (who are shown to know much less about their own jobs than their underlings) made off with millions, J.C. Chandor has created a victory for those who aren't in the top 1%; he's given them a chance to get a glimpse…

• Anton Bergstrom

★★★★ Watched by Anton Bergstrom 14 Mar, 2015

After HOUSE OF CARDS, I was surprised that Spacey's character isn't the worst human being in the room.

Full review at Three Brothers Film:
    3brothersfilm.com/2015/03/margin-call-2011/

• Antonio Guzman

★★★★½ Watched by Antonio Guzman 27 Mar, 2015

"There are three ways to make a living in this business: be first, be smarter, or cheat." This movie does not cheat, and it is also not the first (maybe Inside Job?). But it's certainly smarter than most.

• mongoliacomix

★★★★½ Rewatched by mongoliacomix 26 Mar, 2015

Una historia sólida, que cuenta unos hechos incompresibles (por su complicación técnica) para la mayoría de los espectadores, pero que deja de lado el intentar explicar esos hechos para adentrarse en sus repercusiones: en las personas que los manejan y en todos los que quedamos por debajo. Así se hacen clásicos. los que quieran entender dentro de una pila de años qué ocurrió en 2008 en Wall Street, tendrán que ver esto.
    Después de ver A Most Violent Year tenía que volver a ver esta. hacía tiempo que no tenía una experiencia con el cine así.

• Andrew Knight

★★★★ Watched by Andrew Knight 28 Oct, 2014

Right up my alley, which in this case is Wall Street. Quality thesps, thesping all tense, walking along corridors talking about fancy spreadsheets or sitting in boardrooms banging on about finance or something. Those greedy little buggers make me so mad!

• Mat721992

★★★★ Added by Mat721992 1

gr8 engineer who compute the money

• Jacob HB

★★★★ Watched by Jacob HB 18 Mar, 2015 3

J.C. Chandor, where did you come from?

All is Lost was my introduction to to Chandor's work and whilst I was impressed with Robert Redford's largely wordless performance, the story left something to be desired; so for a long time I put off watching Margin Call.

The film is involving from the opening as we watch the realisation of economic collapse occur to our intimate cast of characters and the resultant dissolution of the company. The script is tightly written…

• Matt Lavender

★★★★ Watched by Matt Lavender 15 Mar, 2015 2

Suits and talking and business movie from J.C. Chandor. Have no idea why but I love this kind of slightly paranoid office based drama. One of those movies you need to drink coffee with. Also it's weird these days when Spacey doesn't talk directly to the camera in a southern drawl. Spacey all crying about his dying dog when his work force is getting culled left right and centre was great. Everyone's on form as these money obsessed fuckers who start to panic when the numbers go wrong. Good movie.

• Joshuar

★★★★ Watched by Joshuar 09 Mar, 2015

Wolves.

• Red Ford

★★★★ Watched by Red Ford 06 Mar, 2015

zachary quinto's eyebrows and the display of this firm's corporate ladder made me quite, rigid.