• Chris Upson

★★★★ Watched by Chris Upson 28 Aug, 2015

catching up on J.C. Chandor cos he seems like a neat guy & I'm working my way up to A Most Violent Year, with sweet redford in the middle on his lil boat.

i really liked this. really great script, detailed & personal & always feels well informed. it doesn't talk down to the viewer (it took me a while to figure out exactly what was happening because I dont know anything about banks or stocks or whatever) but it doesn't feel like…

• Tiago Massoni

★★★½ Watched by Tiago Massoni 25 Aug, 2015

Great thriller about 2008 financial crisis. I prefer Kevin spacey as frank underwood though.

• Lucas Marmol

★★½ Watched by Lucas Marmol 22 Aug, 2015

the stellar cast almost makes me like this movie, almost. Some of the dialogue had me cringing hard.

• MaxSefton

★★★★½ Added by MaxSefton

Chilling, intense, unflinching take on the moment the financial crisis hit. Brilliantly acted from a stellar cast. I loved the way it built from the lowest level analysts to the CEO of the company

• Arne G.

★★★★ Added by Arne G.

[...] MARGIN CALL begeht nicht den Fehler, der nach der globalen Finanzkrise, der Bankenkrise, der Euro-Krise nahe liegend gewesen wäre, nämlich mit dem Finger zu zeigen und zu rufen: Da sind sie, die bösen Bänker die mit ihrer Gier alles zu Fall gebracht haben. Stattdessen zeigt Regisseur Chandor uns Menschen. Menschen die mit dem Feuer gespielt haben, das Risiko wohl wissentlich ignoriert und am Ende genau das versuchen, was jeder Mensch versuchen würde wenn er mit dem Rücken zum Abgrund steht: Seinen eigenen Arsch retten. Das ist nicht verwerflich, das ist nicht ungewöhnlich, das ist einfach nur menschlich. [...]

Den Rest lesen: jackers2cents.de/?p=12

• Chris Hodgson

★★★★ Added by Chris Hodgson

It's hard to believe that this is J.C. Chandor's first film. Margin Call is made with such an assured hand that it's a pretty amazing achievement.

The ensemble cast works so well (other than Demi Moore who is so far out of her depth here she probably felt uncomfortable.) Jeremy Irons is perfect in this. Spacey and Tucci are both excellent. The way Chandor builds up the tension and claustrophobia is really impressive. This almost operates as a disaster movie…

• pyramidpix

★★★★ Watched by pyramidpix 13 Aug, 2015

Ich habe keine Ahnung von den ganzen Fachbegriffen, die Margin Call durch den Raum wirft, fand ihn aber trotzdem extrem unterhaltsam. Tolle Schauspieler und eine (selbst für Laien) interessante Story.

• CartoonSA

★★ Watched by CartoonSA 01 Jun, 2015

Not ground breaking but definitely chilling. The casual way obscene amounts of money are deal with is well played.

• InSession Film

★★★★ Watched by InSession Film 12 Aug, 2015

"I think the movie is about how its characters are concerned only by the welfare of their corporations. There is no larger sense of the public good. Corporations are amoral, and exist to survive and succeed, at whatever human cost. This is what the Occupy Wall Street protesters are angry about: They are not against capitalism, but about Wall Street dishonesty and greed." - Roger Ebert

I think that sums up my thoughts for this film well. It's compelling, smartly acted and for a convoluted mess that was the '08 financial crisis, this never lost me too much.

• Christopher Duke

★★★★ Rewatched by Christopher Duke 11 Aug, 2015

The farther away we get from the collapse and into the recovery the more unpleasantly eerie this film becomes. Without overt sentimentality it shows us the monstrous deeds leading up to the latest crisis didn't always come from the hands of monsters.

And still no one has been able to explain to me why Paul Bettany isn't a bigger star and why we don't get more of him on a yearly basis.

• TASSJA

★★★★ Watched by TASSJA 28 May, 2015

I think about this movie alot

• Littlechinn

★★★★ Watched by Littlechinn 09 Aug, 2015

Brilliant cast. All around intellectually stimulating. Dark and heavy, but entirely engaging.