• Conan Tan

★★★ Watched by Conan Tan 27 Sep, 2015

Capitalist mathematics at its finest,

• The Warriors

★★★½ Added by The Warriors

The director of this movie makes his plots too long - this is a good movie, but many sequences are simply too long - besides the fact that Demi Moore isn't in good shape!
    He did also ' a most violent year' and that too was a mediocre movie - good but too long - 'All is lost' on the contrary was a very good movie , but that's also because Redford was in it.

• gurududa

★★★★ Watched by gurududa 29 Sep, 2015

The only reason that they all get to continue living like kings is cause we got our fingers on the scales in their favor.
    I take my hand off and then the whole world gets really fuckin' fair really fuckin' quickly and nobody actually wants that. They say they do but they don't.

• Daan Janssens

★★★ Watched by Daan Janssens 21 Sep, 2015

A film about the early stages of the economic crisis of this century. If you're interested in all that, finance talk, power plays, then this one is probably one of the closest to reality and will be enjoyable. If you have no interest in this topic at all, or Kevin Spacey and Jeremy Irons, you're not going to enjoy this one bit. Me personally, I wasn't hooked immediatly after the first act but some of the characters made it interesting…

• Aaron

★★★ Added by Aaron

wants to be better than it is, but still an interesting meditation on the issues surrounding what led up to the economic crisis in 2008/2009

• afdye

★★ Added by afdye

Hate this film. waste of time

• Lennart Schoors

★★★ Watched by Lennart Schoors 10 Sep, 2015

The initial exposé takes a little while, but from the moment Jeremy Irons appears on screen, the movie kicks into a higher gear. Solid performances, although it sometimes feels more like a collage of a bunch of great scenes, because of the lack of a true protagonist. Good reminder about what kind of shithole modern day banking has become.

• nagoya

★★★½ Watched by nagoya 10 Sep, 2015

A great cast for an average, classical drama...outstanding performances by Stanley Tucci and Jeremy Irons

• sven.

★★ Watched by sven. 06 Sep, 2015

schweißnase handabdrücke auf polierten konferenztischen.

weiße knöchel - zu viel druck.

zahlenwirrwarr im finanzdschungel.

macheten helfen hier wenig - oder vielleicht doch.

seine risiken kennen.

der hai sein im übervorteilungsbecken.

der erste sein.

speziell, wenn alle die danach kommen die letzten sind.

für die message 'jeder ist sich selbst der nächste', hätte es diesen

film nicht gebraucht.

dröge und unausgegoren.

of pulling an all-nighter and shady exit strategies.

• John Tandlich

★★★½ Added by John Tandlich

Great cast, NYC filming locations (Brooklyn Heights, Manhattan Bridge, One Penn Plaza), described financial crisis so layman coukd understand, emphasis on human toll.

• Justin Willis

★★★ Watched by Justin Willis 05 Sep, 2015

It might not have been the most narrative heavy movie, but amidst the movie's mathematical jargon emerges a good film about the morality of capitalism. The movie itself has an good script that mostly held my attention. The acting also is good, but the movie does not really have any stand-out moments. My biggest fault with the movie is its very jaded view. It clearly identifies what these people are doing as villainous, when the perception I got was they…

• BennyWestside

★★★★ Added by BennyWestside

Want to know what the fuck happened to the economy in 2008? Watch Margin Call!