• Jason Bally

★★★★ Added by Jason Bally

This movie does a masterful job of dramatizing a real-life financial crisis that isn't exactly the easiest thing to understand(I'm sure I still don't understand all of it completely myself). Can you believe hardly any of these Wall Street pricks ever saw any jail time?

• Jonathan Thai

★★★½ Watched by Jonathan Thai 24 Nov, 2015

There's nothing wrong with the film, it's extremely good, but it just doesn't seem to hit the point of great.

• Bryan Reeves

Techs 14/20
    Entertainment 19/20

• Andy Patterson

★★★½ Watched by Andy Patterson 16 Nov, 2015

A scary thriller that serves as a reflection on the real life economic crisis and a sharp criticism of the morality of capitalism, Margin Call is taut, well acted and benefits from a terrific script. Jeremy Irons is particularly great in a supporting role.

• Sandy

★★★★ Watched by Sandy 14 Nov, 2015

The superb cast gives a theatrical polish to this tight drama on the dawning sub-prime mortgage crisis. Paul Bettany is superb, Jeremy Irons devours the scenery like a RADA schooled dinosaur and Kevin Spacey just about pulls off the executive with a conscience roll. Demi Moore is an afterthought in this male dominated story that just about recovers from a dragging second act. Sharp, witty and still relevant: Margin Call more than adds up to the sum of its parts.

★★★★ Watched by OTIS GRUMBLE 02 Nov, 2015

A top notch cast...with the pace of a thriller, the tone of a disaster movie and the feel of a modern horror.

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★★★ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)

• Azzan

★★★½ Watched by Azzan 27 Oct, 2015 1

I am not sure which studio to thank for being bold enough to release such a magnificent movie into theaters.

Other than the formidable cast, the screenplay is the highlight of this movie. It explores behind the scenes of an event that changed the entire world economy. It was written so well that it shows you the measure people are willing to take just to survive and to maintain their social status, even if it cost burning everybody else in…

• Oliver_Dann

★★★★★ Rewatched by Oliver_Dann 25 Oct, 2015

This film is amazing.

• Jules Minus

★★★★ Watched by Jules Minus 23 Oct, 2015

Never trust "wall street" guys.

• Obistrike

★★★½ Watched by Obistrike 21 Oct, 2015

Margin Call is not my usual bag but the heavyweight cast combined with the promise of an expose on a financial faux-pas piqued my interest. I had also planned to just get through the first half but found myself entwined in its sweaty grip until long after the credits rolled.

The 2008 meltdown didn't affect me (I'm always broke) but some of my friends lost their jobs and my parents shares went belly up. I did a little retrospective reading…

• Simon Crookston