• Nigel Floyd

★★★½ Rewatched by Nigel Floyd 26 May, 2015 1

J C Chandor's first film is a talky, chilling financial thriller. Next came the near dialogue-free All Is Lost, then the dialogue-heavy gangster movie A Most Violent Year.

• Brett Hatten

★★★★½ Added by Brett Hatten

Smartly written and great acting. A great rental (even if it does ever-so-slightly feel like an HBO movie)

• Allan Farrell

★★★★½ Watched by Allan Farrell 26 May, 2015

J.C. Chandor is one of the most compelling storytellers working today, in my opinion. One thing he really excels at is taking a historical event and spinning a compelling and personal yarn with these fully realized characters, while getting excellent performances out of the whole cast. But, he has the scope in there to have the viewers feel the society wide impact a certain event or time is going to have on the rest of society, in the present and…

• luis reséndiz

★★★½ Watched by luis reséndiz 24 May, 2015

la que me faltaba de j.c. chandor. buena cosa, se construye con puro diálogo mientras la tensión va creciendo. grandes actuaciones. igual porque la vi después de all is lost y a most violent year, pero creo que es la que menos me ha gustado (lo que no implica que no me haya gustado mucho. es nomás que la encontré menos interesante para el ojo que las otras dos).

• PDscurr

Watched by PDscurr 23 May, 2015

The way each boss at a higher level got progressively stupider was certainly relatable and of course worrying. But the film lifts a lid on how much of the business is a confidence trick. The acting is great in this and it tells a great story.

• Chris

★★★★½ Rewatched by Chris 24 May, 2015 2

One of the best horror movies of the past few years, and proof that true evil is more likely to be found in the upper floors of office buildings than in spooky, dusty attics, and psychopaths are just as likely to be sipping pinot noir and wearing Brooks Brothers than sitting in the mental ward, drooling onto their bath robe.

But what do you know, you've never held an office job. Well there was that one time, but you were…

• swarlied

★★★★★ Added by swarlied

great subtile scenes, authentic roles and dialoges. must see for every office-working person.

• Michael Kastner

★½ Watched by Michael Kastner 17 May, 2015

Die Geschichte hat mich überhaupt nicht abgeholt. Ich fand den einfach nur stinkend langweilig. Da bringen auch die ordentlichen Darsteller nichts.

• Wilf Wilson

★★★★ Watched by Wilf Wilson 18 May, 2015

Silence.

• Wilco

★★★ Watched by Wilco 06 Nov, 2011

[Notas viejas del 2011 en el tumblr...]

En la muy austera, de regusto teatral, MARGIN CALL (J.C.Chandor, 2011, mix) los responsables de prolongar lo insostenible de nuestro actual sistema económico siguen siendo igual de miserables despues de que el director y escritor del film haya intentado hacerles brotar algo parecido a un alma ~ Un GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS ligero, pero ribeteado de pequeños momentos de brillo y detalles de ingenio: el mandamás -Irons- pide una explicación para dummies de la…

• Rajavelu

★★★½ Watched by Rajavelu 17 May, 2015

Terrific performances from Kevin Spacey, Jeremy Irons. Gorgeously shot. J.C. Chandor is a director you can keep your eyes on.

• elliotx

★★★★ Rewatched by elliotx 20 May, 2015

I never tire of seeing this film. I like the story and direction, but what works for me above all else is the stunning cast. Watching so many talented actors in one film delivering a compelling story always works for me, I'm glued to the screen, watching great performances, and this is why Margin Call works so well for me on a repeated basis.