• Ignacio Montalvo

★★★½ Watched by Ignacio Montalvo 28 Feb, 2015

Aunque es Kevin Spacey quien lleva casi todo el peso de la trama, la película tiene varias escenas memorables, como el monólogo de Paul Bettany en el descapotable o la conversación entre Jeremy Irons y el propio Spacey en el restaurante, cerca del final. 'Margin Call', opera prima de J.C Chandor, es un acertado retrato de los últimos días que precedieron al inicio de la crisis financiera de 2008, centrada en la firma de inversión Lenhman Brothers -a pesar de…

• Roy-Petter K. Johansen

★½ Watched by Roy-Petter K. Johansen 19 Feb, 2015

After a promising opening this falls flat. Uninspired script, uninspired acting, uninspired camerawork. Avoid!

• Aljosa

★★★ Watched by Aljosa 21 Feb, 2015 1

Twas alright. Filled a certain niche but otherwise, eh. The performances were good.

• Frankco Lamerikx

★★★★ Watched by Frankco Lamerikx 20 Feb, 2015

This is probably a pretty accurate picture of what goes on when a financial institution knows a crisis is about to happen. And since we're all waiting for the next one, which should be just around the corner because no fundamental changes have been made since the last one, this scenario will play out again in the not too distant future. Excellently scripted and directed by J.C. Chandor, a talent who will bring us many interesting and well made films in the future.

• Robert

★★★ Watched by Robert 18 Feb, 2015

I'm not sure if the major "things are going to get bad because these numbers here say so" plot driver was intentionally vague because the filmmakers assumed I wouldn't understand the specifics, or if it just seemed vague because, to be honest, I'd never understand the specifics.

Still, I feel like there was a lot of nitty gritty this film could have delved into and I'd have been perfectly happy to have not understood it, but to have gotten to…

• Joe Simko

★★ Watched by Joe Simko 19 Feb, 2015

After seeing A Most Violent Year and loving it, I decided to check out some other work by J.C Chandor. Margin Call has an interesting premise, but at the end of the day I can't say it was too enjoyable. Some of the things that bothered me include: a few of the characters, how vague they were when referring to the situation presented in the film, and the ending. There was not a single sympathetic or relatable character, and there…

• Brian Hann

★★★★½ Watched by Brian Hann 30 Aug, 2014

This is a cracking portrayal of the true live decision making made by large financial houses in 2008 which brought our economies to the brink.

Excellent cast

• Polo

★★★½ Watched by Polo 17 Feb, 2015

Point de vue intéressant sur le début de la crise économique puisqu'on suit les traders et leurs sociétés. Un peu difficile à suivre par moment (un peu plus de clarté), cela reste très bien fait : on en apprend sur l'envers du décor (licenciement, grand puzzle hiérarchique, ...) et on "humanise" les traders au lieu de les clouer au pilori.

Les acteurs sont très bons (Kevin Spacey excellent comme toujours, Jeremy Irons en boss impitoyable, ...) et on se laisse emporter par l'histoire.

• Jacob C-S

★★★★ Watched by Jacob C-S 17 Feb, 2015

A tense and gripping real-time drama, which follows one company during the final hours before the bubble burst over Wall Street and the world.
    A great cast and a great script contribute to an impressive debut for J.C. Chandor.

Watch with the documentary 'Inside Job' for a stunner of a double-bill.

• Mark Oppenlander

★★★½ Watched by Mark Oppenlander 31 Jan, 2015

Peter Sullivan (Zachary Quinto) is a junior analyst at a Wall Street financial services firm. During a round of down-sizing, Sullivan's boss, Eric Dale (Stanley Tucci) is let go. On his way out the door Dale hands Sullivan a flash drive and asks him to take a look at it because it could be important. Sullivan is a "quant;" a mathematician who worked in aerospace engineering before coming to Wall Street. He is not a broker, but rather has been…

• William Kretschmer

★★★½ Watched by William Kretschmer 08 Feb, 2015

Follows the key people at an investment bank, over a 24-hour period, during the early stages of the financial crisis.
    Slowpaced, subtle, well-paced, and amazingly easily understandable rendition of the 2008 finance crisis with a stellar cast.

• Adam Klassen Bartel

★★★★ Watched by Adam Klassen Bartel 10 Feb, 2015

Makes the world of stock trading riveting without having to fill the screen with naked women and coked up movie stars (I'm looking at you Scorcese). A little hampered by occasionally too on the nose metaphors, and a Paul Bettany who can't decide what accent he's using. Uses the jargin of the stock trading world but focuses on the emotions and motivations behind the people of that world. Margin Call asks one of my favourite questions, what is money? and comes up with the correct answer; it's nothing, something we made up.