• James_Lee

★★★★½ Added by James_Lee

The movie Margin Call is based on a true story, 24hrs before Lehman Brothers collapse. I literally hate this movie. It is sad, but the movie exactly shows the reality of our world. From the beginning, when Eric was dismissed from his job, I feel really bad. An executive director decided on personnel reduction, Eric suddenly got fired. However, that is the disgusting fact that we will confront in our future. People act in obedience to the orders of people…

• Arthur Tuoto

Watched by Arthur Tuoto 14 Dec, 2014

Se por um lado o filme tem um virtuosismo formal e dramático bastante seguro de si e, de fato, funcional, tenho a impressão que no final das contas ele se acha um pouco mais profundo e inteligente do que realmente é. Ainda assim é um dos filmes menos simplistas sobre a crise (apesar de algumas escorregadas mais óbvias), consegue partir daquele momento para fundar todo um mote dramático que se legitima muito bem justamente por se focar quase que unicamente…

• kabler

Added by kabler

What really struck me about this film was how bluntly it tried to depict the truth behind those making a living on Wall Street. Though I can't speak to how accurate these depictions really are, I imagine that they are more than just "in the ballpark." The director was successful in portraying a sense of cold heartlessness that I assume was pervasive throughout the Wall Street community. Characters were calculated and money-driven, willing to do anything to save their butts…

• Jakub Flasz

★★★★★ Watched by Jakub Flasz 16 Dec, 2014

How does a first-time writer/director get people like Kevin Spacey, Jeremy Irons, Paul Bettany, Stanley Tucci and Demi Moore to participate in his debut feature? Simple: he writes a bomb-diggity script that makes said actors wet themselves a little...

• joelhwa

★★★½ Watched by joelhwa 07 Mar, 2012

7/10: All round top notch performances with good characters and amazing cinematography. The backdrop and setting are tense despite the unconventional plot and pace. May not be suitable for those who dislike heavy dialogue.

• Josh Ochoa

★★★★ Rewatched by Josh Ochoa 13 Dec, 2014

Margin Call is a great film about the financial crisis with a knock out cast and a fantastic script from director J.C. Chandor. Good cinematography, music and atmosphere also helps the dialogue driven film. It's never boring and constantly engaging with great character both sympathetic and also vile. Still as relevant as it was when it was made.

• nuba

★★★½ Watched by nuba 07 Dec, 2014

un buen reparto de actores. La película te recuerda las preferentes y en todo lo que se cuece en las finanzas.

• Wesley Mead

★★★ Watched by Wesley Mead 17 Nov, 2014

A great cast deliver complex material ably, but it didn't click with me on the level I'd hoped.

• Jack McPherson

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jack McPherson 22 Nov, 2014

Liked this even more on a second viewing. My girlfriend also tells me there are lots of cute boys in the film as well. So there's something for everyone, I guess.

• Simon Crowe

★★★★ Watched by Simon Crowe 18 Nov, 2014

J.C. Chandor's stunningly confident debut is an important film for anyone looking for insight into the kind of thinking that led to the recent recession. Chandor's tightly constructed script (it wouldn't be that hard to produce this as a play) details what happens when a young analyst at an investment firm (Zachary Quinto) discovers that the firm's risky practices have brought it to the brink of collapse. The result is a slow march to a decision that will keep the…

• Rowan Simpson

★★★ Watched by Rowan Simpson 19 Nov, 2014

Watched in three sittings. And it grew on me. Or it may gave been the jet lag?

Either way, I wouldn't have guessed that this particular subject matter could be dramatised and hold your attention.
    It's interesting to think what you would do if placed in the circumstances these characters find themselves. There are no good answers, really.

• Steven Cohen

★★★½ Watched by Steven Cohen 15 Nov, 2014

I've now seen all three of J. C. Chandor's movies, and while I like All Is Lost the most, Margin Call is still really good - especially in that it made me care about economic developments that I didn't really understand. Plus the cast is great.