• Anton Bergstrom

★★★★ Watched by Anton Bergstrom 14 Mar, 2015

After HOUSE OF CARDS, I was surprised that Spacey's character isn't the worst human being in the room.

Full review at Three Brothers Film:
    3brothersfilm.com/2015/03/margin-call-2011/

• Antonio Guzman

★★★★½ Watched by Antonio Guzman 27 Mar, 2015

"There are three ways to make a living in this business: be first, be smarter, or cheat." This movie does not cheat, and it is also not the first (maybe Inside Job?). But it's certainly smarter than most.

• mongoliacomix

★★★★½ Rewatched by mongoliacomix 26 Mar, 2015

Una historia sólida, que cuenta unos hechos incompresibles (por su complicación técnica) para la mayoría de los espectadores, pero que deja de lado el intentar explicar esos hechos para adentrarse en sus repercusiones: en las personas que los manejan y en todos los que quedamos por debajo. Así se hacen clásicos. los que quieran entender dentro de una pila de años qué ocurrió en 2008 en Wall Street, tendrán que ver esto.
    Después de ver A Most Violent Year tenía que volver a ver esta. hacía tiempo que no tenía una experiencia con el cine así.

• Andrew Knight

★★★★ Watched by Andrew Knight 28 Oct, 2014

Right up my alley, which in this case is Wall Street. Quality thesps, thesping all tense, walking along corridors talking about fancy spreadsheets or sitting in boardrooms banging on about finance or something. Those greedy little buggers make me so mad!

• Mat721992

★★★★ Added by Mat721992 1

gr8 engineer who compute the money

• Jacob HB

★★★★ Watched by Jacob HB 18 Mar, 2015 3

J.C. Chandor, where did you come from?

All is Lost was my introduction to to Chandor's work and whilst I was impressed with Robert Redford's largely wordless performance, the story left something to be desired; so for a long time I put off watching Margin Call.

The film is involving from the opening as we watch the realisation of economic collapse occur to our intimate cast of characters and the resultant dissolution of the company. The script is tightly written…

• Matt Lavender

★★★★ Watched by Matt Lavender 15 Mar, 2015 2

Suits and talking and business movie from J.C. Chandor. Have no idea why but I love this kind of slightly paranoid office based drama. One of those movies you need to drink coffee with. Also it's weird these days when Spacey doesn't talk directly to the camera in a southern drawl. Spacey all crying about his dying dog when his work force is getting culled left right and centre was great. Everyone's on form as these money obsessed fuckers who start to panic when the numbers go wrong. Good movie.

• Joshuar

★★★★ Watched by Joshuar 09 Mar, 2015

Wolves.

• Red Ford

★★★★ Watched by Red Ford 06 Mar, 2015

zachary quinto's eyebrows and the display of this firm's corporate ladder made me quite, rigid.

• Corey Pierce

★★★★½ Rewatched by Corey Pierce 07 Mar, 2015

Big bump up in enjoyment on an A Most Violent Year-inspired rewatch.

• Adam Bolden

★★★★½ Watched by Adam Bolden 12 Mar, 2012

After Eric Dale (Stanley Tucci) is fired from an investment firm, he hands off his work to Peter Sullivan (Zachary Quinto) who discovers that a calculation error has led the company to an impending financial ruin. The next twenty-four hours is spent trying desperately to save the company as well as the market for the entire economy.

I am still, as are most people, pretty much utterly confused over exactly what put us in the current economic state we are…

• Jules Mumford

★★★★ Watched by Jules Mumford 24 Sep, 2012

Like any tragedy, when a risque joke is told or a movie made of the events, people ask "was it too soon?"

One could argue in this case, perhaps not soon enough.

As viewers, we are thrown into the dealing room of a fictional Wall Street trading firm. Severance staff are searching the building for fresh meat to throw to the wolves, it's corporate downsizing time and there is much blood on the carpet.

One such victim is Eric Dale…