• Melanie Greenberg

★★★½ Added by Melanie Greenberg

Saw the premiere at Sundance and had no idea what it would be like. An unbelievably creepy story of cult indoctrination and attempted escape a assimilation to "normal" life. John Hawkes plays the cult leader in a tour de force.

I was very impressed with Elizabeth Olsen in this, her debut film. I liked the ambiguous ending -- I hope that the ending I saw at Sundance remained in the theatrical release.

My husband, however, despised this film.

• waynewebb

★★★★ Watched by waynewebb 21 Oct, 2014

I'm not 100% sure what happened and what didn't especially at the end, but it was so well crafted and meticulously creepy that I'm not even sure that it matters.

Love Sarah Paulson at the best of times, so she was great in this painstakingly bleak, washed out and cinematic slice of bizarre life. Elizabeth Olsen is hard to believe. I mean it's hard to believe she's related to the other Olsens. She is painfully good.

John Hawks just knows…

• netrima

★★★ Watched by netrima 20 Oct, 2014

Dans l'atsmophère opressante d'une secte.. réussi!

• Carlos

★★★★½ Added by Carlos

• radiomanhead

★★★★ Added by radiomanhead

Me ha parecido un magnifico thriller psicológico con una estupenda y contenida Elizabeth Olsen a la cabeza, poseedora de un ritmo "in crescendo" muy bien dosificado y con un final que aunque pude dejar descolocado a mas de uno a mi me ha parecido de lo mas valiente.

Sin duda la película "tapada" o "sorpresa" del año 2011, la joyita oculta que muchos deberían ver.

• shoemouse

★★★★★ Rewatched by shoemouse 06 Oct, 2014

Deliciously dark and thought-provoking, with a flawless performance from Elizabeth Olsen. I love this film!

• Joe DiCanio

★★★ Watched by Joe DiCanio 07 Jan, 2012

Rating: B-

• Lizzie

★★★★ Watched by Lizzie 02 Nov, 2012

Mad girl crushin' on Elizabeth Olsen after this.

• Michael

★★★★ Watched by Michael 13 Dec, 2011

Martha Marcy May Marlene, brilliantly and subtly realized by Elizabeth Elizabeth Olsen, is a young woman pulled from world to world and obviously desperate inside to find a world she belongs in. The dysfunction in both worlds is alternately attractive and repellent, though eventually one becomes decidedly more repellent than the other - this may be a flaw in the movie, or it may be a statement by the filmmaker; I suspect the former is closer to the truth, but it's a relatively minor flaw which is overwhelmed by a slew of note-perfect performances.

• ApeLincoln

★★★★ Watched by ApeLincoln 01 Oct, 2014

Unsettling thriller with a great performance by Elizabeth Olsen.

• DennisWouters

★★★★½ Watched by DennisWouters 19 Sep, 2014

An unnerving film, in the best way possible, and wonderfully dark and subtle. You can't pull this off without having the actors dig really deep and Elizabeth Olsen proves herself to be one of the best young actresses around.

• bouman

★★★★ Rewatched by bouman 16 Aug, 2014

¿Que hacer cuando en una casa ajena nos acoge y nos hacen sentir mejor que en cualquier otro lugar? Por lo pronto, mejor no fiarse. Martha Marcy May Marlene, escrita y dirigida por Sean Durkin, es una tormentosa realidad que juega con la debilidad de las personas.

La joven protagonista de la película, interpretada por Elizabeth Olsen (sí, del clan de las gemelas Olsen, es la hermana pequeña de estas), huye de una casa perdida de entre los bosques del…