• Paul Davey

★★★★ Watched by Paul Davey 29 Oct, 2014

Well that's some acting.

• rifki amin

★★★★½ Watched by rifki amin 28 Oct, 2014

Looking for psycho? You could find this one.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 19 Oct, 2014

Even though it wasn’t very involving on an emotional level, Martha Marcy May Marlene was a rather interesting and absorbing psychological drama that was the result of ambitious, meditative, and taut filmmaking. It tells the story of a young woman who, after a two-year absence where she had no contact with her sister (her only relative), flees from the place she was staying to seek shelter with her sister, who is now married and living with her husband. Through revealing…

• Joey Seguin

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joey Seguin 29 Oct, 2014

It's hard for me to write about this film because there's so much about it that I love. Sean Durkin's direction transcends the emotions of Olson's lead character and John Hawkes is at his best. His performance is like the movie, subtle, quiet and eerily compelling until it no longer is anymore.

One of the most frightening stories I can think of in recent years. Possibly my favourite ending of any movie ever.

• Melanie Greenberg

★★★½ Added by Melanie Greenberg

Saw the premiere at Sundance and had no idea what it would be like. An unbelievably creepy story of cult indoctrination and attempted escape and assimilation to "normal" life. John Hawkes plays the cult leader in a tour de force.

I was very impressed with Elizabeth Olsen in this, her debut film. I liked the ambiguous ending -- I hope that the ending I saw at Sundance remained in the theatrical release.

My husband, however, despised this film.

• waynewebb

★★★★ Watched by waynewebb 21 Oct, 2014

I'm not 100% sure what happened and what didn't especially at the end, but it was so well crafted and meticulously creepy that I'm not even sure that it matters.

Love Sarah Paulson at the best of times, so she was great in this painstakingly bleak, washed out and cinematic slice of bizarre life. Elizabeth Olsen is hard to believe. I mean it's hard to believe she's related to the other Olsens. She is painfully good.

John Hawks just knows…

• netrima

★★★ Watched by netrima 20 Oct, 2014

Dans l'atsmophère opressante d'une secte.. réussi!

• Carlos

★★★★½ Added by Carlos

• radiomanhead

★★★★ Added by radiomanhead

Me ha parecido un magnifico thriller psicológico con una estupenda y contenida Elizabeth Olsen a la cabeza, poseedora de un ritmo "in crescendo" muy bien dosificado y con un final que aunque pude dejar descolocado a mas de uno a mi me ha parecido de lo mas valiente.

Sin duda la película "tapada" o "sorpresa" del año 2011, la joyita oculta que muchos deberían ver.

• shoemouse

★★★★★ Rewatched by shoemouse 06 Oct, 2014

Deliciously dark and thought-provoking, with a flawless performance from Elizabeth Olsen. I love this film!

• Joe DiCanio

★★★ Watched by Joe DiCanio 07 Jan, 2012

Rating: B-

• Lizzie

★★★★ Watched by Lizzie 02 Nov, 2012

Mad girl crushin' on Elizabeth Olsen after this.