• walterwhite413

★★★★½ Watched by walterwhite413 06 Mar, 2013

Christopher Nolan's first masterpiece, Memento, is a hauntingly brilliant and intriguingly complex first-rate thriller. The reverse-narrative structure is very interesting, and it provides the basis for an entertaining and equally smart contribution to the neo-noir and psychological thriller genres.

Grade: A

• Pedro Colmenares

★★★★½ Added by Pedro Colmenares

In honor to Christopher Nolan's birthday I'll review one of his best films yet. Nolan has a very curious aspect, he hasn't made a single bad movie, and this was the film that caught me into his work.

Memento is a puzzle, simple as that. It has continous flashbacks to put pieces together, but its not an easy task. It demands you to pay close attention at every moment, get distracted for a second and you'll get lost (I simply…

• Haley

★★ Rewatched by Haley 29 Jul, 2014

I'm so upset I've had to watch this a second time in my life.

There's a shrine in almost every film school where this movie rests on an altar.

• Ernie

★★★★ Added by Ernie

This gets better with multiple viewings. The first time I watched it I was feeling 'what the fuck?' until the end where I got my 'ah ha' moment. Second viewing it all came together and became a truly great movie.

• David Thomas

Added by David Thomas

Christopher Nolan wants to mindfuck all of us. I have come to this conclusion after having watched all of his major releases: The Prestige, the Batman trilogy, Inception, and lastly, Memento. I had supposedly saved the best for last—all of my Nolan-fanboy friends had assured me it is his greatest work, greater even than the (monumentally hollow and absurd) Dark Knight. As it turns out, Memento is a less refined version of his later works. It confuses the shit out…

• Derek Diercksmeier

★★★★★ Watched by Derek Diercksmeier 26 Jul, 2014

I am fascinated with Christopher Nolan.

Though I still think "The Dark Knight" is one of the most overrated films ever made, I am starting to become a Nolan fan. I recently watched "The Prestige" and completely loved it. I just watched Nolan's breakthrough feature for the first time and was not disappointed.

This film is absolutely brilliant. It feels like solving a puzzle where the pieces move on their own, forcing you to reconsider all that you've seen with each new development.

• MatthewLB

★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 25 Jul, 2014

The story is about a man who has no long term memory tries to piece together his life and finds things are not as they seem. This movie has really clever writing and great acting.

• Tommy Brennan

★★★★★ Watched by Tommy Brennan 24 Jul, 2014 2

"Oh I guess I'm chasing this guy... Oh wait no he's chasing me."

Christopher Nolan knows how to get in to your head (and that's not an Inception pun). Here we see Nolan doing what he does best, which is captivating audiences with another mind boggling thriller that forces you to struggle to keep up.

For me the format of this film along with it's various twists and turns and relatable characters makes Memento more captivating than anything Nolan has…

• Ben Ace

★★★★★ Watched by Ben Ace 23 Jul, 2014

Absolutely brilliant.

• FinbarLanniusII

★★★★★ Added by FinbarLanniusII

Honestly, it's probably one of the most smartly crafted films I've seen. One of Nolan's fans, and it's up there as one of my favorite films.

• Massafaka

★★★★½ Rewatched by Massafaka 15 Mar, 2008

Einer meiner Lieblingsfilme, verliert nach dem ca. 7. Mal sehen aber leider etwas an Bedeutung, kleinere Logikfehler fallen auf. Muss ich leider auf 9 abwerten. ;-)

• Psycle

★★★★½ Watched by Psycle 18 Jul, 2014

I'm so not used to thrillers like this! It's so weird to see things break down and mash up in post, without getting psychedelic at all. Just metal, ill. I guess that's what the genre is, and I've never been around it.

The times I were chilled were outweighed by the cheesiness of a lot of the transitions and solo talking points from Guy Ritchie. It felt a lot like Twin Peaks, which I'm getting into at the same time…