• Nick Sr

★★★★★ Watched by Nick Sr 01 Sep, 2014

Trying to think about how this would work in a smartphone era.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 13 Jul, 2008

The main factor that makes Christopher Nolan's Memento so arresting and unique is its distorted narrative that made it feel like a sort of cinematic jigsaw puzzle. However, I'd dare to say that even with its story told in chronological order, it would also be a great film. Nolan's taut direction, its engrossing storyline, and Guy Pearce's brilliant performance also make it a standout movie in every way.

• Iván Trejo

★★★★½ Rewatched by Iván Trejo 27 Aug, 2014

"Remember Sammy Jankis."

• Chiddaling

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chiddaling 28 Aug, 2014

It's been almost 6 years or so since I watched Memento. I did forget quite a bit about the movie and it's complications. I decided to re-watch it today, and I was just blown away. I wonder why I took so long to re-watch this movie, as this movie was designed to be re-watched. Memento is arguably Christopher Nolan's greatest original work, and one of the greatest original movie's I've ever seen. It had such masterful storytelling along with incredible…

• JC13

★★★★½ Rewatched by JC13 19 Jul, 2014 8

"Memory can change the shape of a room; it can change the color of a car. And memories can be distorted. They're just an interpretation, they're not a record, and they're irrelevant if you have the facts."- Leonard Shelby

Christopher Nolan's sophomore effort, Memento still remains one of his absolute best. From the acting, to the brilliant nonlinear structure, to the atmospheric music, Memento is just a superb film. Even after several viewings, I still find myself trying to piece…

• KMOKLER

★★★★★ Added by KMOKLER

A perfect piece of filmaking some may call it confusing but watch it twice like I did and you will understand that the movie is actually backwards and it is actually a masterpiece after all the crap I have given guy Pearce over the years in this movie he is phenomonal

• jdcodes

★★ Watched by jdcodes 27 Aug, 2014

Cold and pointless. Reverse narrative is a gimmick.

• D.C.

★★★★★ Rewatched by D.C. 22 Aug, 2014 2

The Directors Series-Part III: The Christopher Nolan Retrospective
    "We all lie to ourselves to be happy."

It's easy to dismiss Christopher Nolan's Memento for it's non-linear narrative and call it confusing at times, but honestly, this is one of the finest neo-noir films of the twentieth century and is all around just a damn good film. Guy Pearce plays Leonard Shelby, a man with anterograde amnesia after being attacked by men who raped and murdered his wife. Leonard can remember…

• Applebaumk

★★★★★ Added by Applebaumk

The fractured narrative adds for confusion, nail-biting action, and a magnificent movie all around.

• 11WordReview

★★★★½ Watched by 11WordReview 19 Aug, 2014

Memento (2000)

A brilliantly complex and clever mystery that Nolan slowly unravels backwards.
    9/10

goo.gl/W878Fv

Review by:
    Charlie Derry
    @charliederry
    www.charliederry.com

• TheKidofAwesome

★★★★★ Watched by TheKidofAwesome 14 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• jamieporter

★★★★ Rewatched by jamieporter 14 Aug, 2014

I remember being blown away by this the first time I saw it. Even though I didn't remember the twists and turns of the film, it didn't have the impact of the first time. Still, it's a pretty entertaining mystery.