• Chevalier

★★★★ Added by Chevalier

We love to believe our own lies, because they keep us going.

• Max

★★★★½ Added by Max

almost too confused, almost!

• Dave Sloboda

★★★★★ Added by Dave Sloboda

Absolutely brilliant. Still one of the most original films ever made. Still shocked how it didn't take home the Oscar for Best Film Editing is still beyond me.

• Jake Ohlde

★★★★½ Watched by Jake Ohlde 11 Apr, 2014

Total mindfuck.

• mistang

★★★★★ Added by mistang

We watched this for our Interpersonal Communication class, and I loved it. It was pure genius.

• Carlyus Almeida

★★★ Watched by Carlyus Almeida 14 Jan, 2014

Memento (2000) - 6,5

Interesting editing work, colored scenes display the plot backwards and monochromatic scenes in normal chronology, in the end we see the middle of the story. I can't see what's so special about this, it wasn't particularly difficult for me to make sense of the story with just 1 view and I didn't find that it added anything appreciable to the cinematic experience, it merely entertained while it lasted. The story itself is nothing of the other…

• mjnania

★★★½ Rewatched by mjnania 05 Apr, 2014

Yes, it holds up pretty well. I only saw it once when it was released 14 years ago (!), liked it a lot, and never saw it again. I remembered very few of the plot specifics, and this benefited my second viewing. Acting is a little iffy in spots, it's not very realistic in its depiction of criminal behavior w/in CA drug dealing (I imagine) but the gimmick works and is made more meaningful through a revenge tale and Leonard's reverse character arc.

• Gogo

★★★½ Added by Gogo

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• cineedo
  • Leonardo de Paula

★★★★★ Added by Leonardo de Paula 3

NUNCA ESQUECEREI

Em pouco mais de uma década de carreira, Christopher Nolan fez uma boa reputação em Hollywood, graças ao seu talento ao conceber argumentos e roteiros sensacionais.

Com "Memento", a situação não se inverte. Escrito com base em um conto, de seu irmão Jonathan, Nolan cria um roteiro composto por diálogos inteligentes, e bem estruturados. Mas o filme se sobre sai, graças á incrível edição de Dody Dorn, que consegue um efeito condizível com a realidade apresentada pelo longa.…

• François Veevaete

★★★★ Watched by François Veevaete 31 Mar, 2014

A screenwriting and editing masterpiece, Memento manages to tell a coherent story in reverse chronological order (mainly).

• Franni

★★★★ Watched by Franni 31 Mar, 2014

For a while I couldnt remember what was going on in my life so this film counts as a success.