• Vincent

★★★½ Watched by Vincent 23 Mar, 2014 1

De Niro steals the show. Great performance.

• Benjamin Devasir

★★★★ Watched by Benjamin Devasir 22 Mar, 2014

Really, quite brilliant. The stuff about how the Navy is so awesome made me roll my eyes at times, but both Robert De Niro and Cuba Gooding, Jr. easily made me disregard this right after. Pretty fucking awesome scenes from both men, especially when they were both in it.

Hal Holbrook as the commanding officer with amaxophobia was really good. He was a damn good antagonist, it's a shame he wasn't around during the second half of the movie.

• Choccy55

★★★ Added by Choccy55

The story of Carl Brashear, the first African American, then also the first amputee, US Navy Diver and the man who trained him.

Average movie, not veering towards either good or bad. Too sentimental at times but DeNiro was good as usual.

• CarlosCarlos

★★½ Watched by CarlosCarlos 04 Jan, 2014

Había huido toda mi vida de esta cinta, la vi en el camión de Pachuca a DF y es en esencia una película para ver en el autobus, debe ser de los biopics mas chafas que he visto.

No le encuentro mucho que destacar mas que en esencia es palomera y cumple con eso de que cada media hora debe suceder algo relevante, el papel de Theron es lo mas intrascendente, Mel Gibson y Cuba Gooding Jr haciendo el mismo papel que les hemos visto otras veces.

• Jaketucker

★★★½ Watched by Jaketucker 26 Nov, 2013 1

Whatever happened to Cuba Gooding Jr's career?

Not a bad film, not a great film. Over long in areas, but it's a true story so I guess they couldn't just edit out the quiet parts. Inspirational diver though.

• Charlie Derry

★★★★ Rewatched by Charlie Derry 10 Nov, 2013

Such a great story, based loosely on a true story, and one that makes me cry several times. Cuba Gooding Jr. and Robert De Niro are both excellent, and Charlize Theron has a good supporting role, too.

• SMRIDGLEY74

★★★½ Watched by SMRIDGLEY74 24 Aug, 2013

Never been a big Cuba fan but I liked him in this. De Niro awesome as always. Deep see diving meets Rocky, underdog story, you get the picture. Liked it!

• Bill Ross

★★★ Watched by Bill Ross 29 Apr, 2004

Based very loosely on a true story. Another typical De Niro playing typucal De Niro mans man.

• Ben Trout

½ Added by Ben Trout

[Seen in 2000, not sure when, neglected to date stamp back then]

Father : Son, promise me one thing -
    Son : Sir?
    Father : Don't ever end up like me.

(Father then proceeds to give Son coveted, hand-made radio. The minute we see it, we know that later it will get smashed on the floor in a racial dispute, which, by the way, is a factor that seems to be handled with so little subtlety that "Bamboozled" seemed less…

• Forrest

★★★★★ Added by Forrest

Inspiring. Cuba Gooding Jr. et Robert De Niro are more than wonderful

• Alex

★★★★ Added by Alex

Men Of Honor is a terrific film based on the first African American Master Diver. Cuba Gooding Jr. delivers in the lead role of Carl Brashear and Robert De Niro gives a phenomenal performance as well. Brashear overcame racial tensions in the Navy to achieve his goal of becoming a master diver. Despite racist slurs yelled at by his classmates, and attempts at sabotaging his exercises, Brashear proves that he's got what it takes to make it, and he does…

• gnbiol

★★★★★ Added by gnbiol

Carl sofre com o preconceito por ser negro mas busca realizar seu sonho na marinha - Cuba Gooding Jr, Robert De Niro