• Amanda Kosciousko

★★★★★ Added by Amanda Kosciousko

my favorite yaoi

• M.D. Perkins

★★★★★ Rewatched by M.D. Perkins 20 Nov, 2015

You get moments like Rizzo cutting Joe's hair, telling him about his old man and how he used to shine shoes in the subways. When he died, they buried him with gloves on because they couldn't get the polish out from underneath his fingernails. You get moments like Joe, desperate for money, with that uneasy, frustrating weight in his belly as he brings up the topic of money to the lady in the penthouse. You get moments like Rizzo picking…

• sambartz

★★★ Added by sambartz

Admittedly a disappointing watch. Jon Voight and Dustin Hoffman are excellent here and I wish the film would have been more focused on the relationship of their two characters. A good watch for anyone looking for rock-solid performances and iconic pop culture lines and scenes.

• Christopher Haskell

★★★★ Watched by Christopher Haskell 31 Oct, 2013

The star of "Midnight Cowboy" may be Jon Voight, but the one that steals the show is Dustin Hoffman as Enrico "Ratso" Rizzo, who delivers one of the strongest character performances of his career. Voight is brilliant as the pie-eyed small-town cowboy moving to the big city to be a hustler, but without the rich and dark turn from Hoffman, this Oscar winning film would be lacking. Bringing in Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Adapted Screenplay at the 42nd…

• Paul Bulger

★★★ Watched by Paul Bulger 08 Nov, 2015

I'm going to be honest, I didn't get any of the hype or shock surrounding this movie, and I'm not sure I understood the point of any of it. I'm only giving it three stars because of Hoffman and Voight's performances.

It'd be nice if somebody who actually liked this movie could possibly explain why, because I really do want to understand.

• Cliff Galiher

★★★½ Rewatched by Cliff Galiher 11 Feb, 2015

SAW: in Norris Theatre (for 503)

• Agnis

★★★½ Watched by Agnis 25 Oct, 2015

There's a really good movie in there which ruins itself through an uttery idiotic way of storytelling with stupid flashbacks and similarily flashy vision shots. I really hate when they do that.

• Matt Brosey

★★½ Watched by Matt Brosey 23 Oct, 2015

This film felt like it went nowhere fro the majority of the time, it was somewhat interesting at certain points, but overall I could have done without watching it.

• Danny Webster

★★★★ Watched by Danny Webster 21 Oct, 2015 2

Jon Voight plays Joe Buck (Buck being a quintessential masculine name I think). Joe Buck starts out as a dishwasher, but he stands out in a strange way; he's tall, dressed like a cowboy and we see him, as he looks in the mirrors and such, as how sees himself, someone different, even if he does work as a dishwasher, he sees himself as too important for that almost. It's hard to make him likeable despite doing this, but for…

• Miles Hardman

★★★★ Watched by Miles Hardman 16 Oct, 2015

It's probably showing its age now - it's bizarre in places and some of the content that would have been controversial in '69 is pretty standard nowadays. Midnight Cowboy is surprisingly likeable though given the subject matter, and that's thanks to two phenomenally antithetical performances from Jon Voight and Dustin Hoffman.

• Rory M

★★★ Watched by Rory M 19 Oct, 2015

Part of The 2015 Project: Best Pictures

I can't quite decide what to make of Midnight Cowboy. There are moments within that feel unflinchingly raw and real but then there's an equal amount of scenes that fall flat and don't mesh particular well with the more powerful ones. It's the perfect example of a mixed bag, a movie with some great parts but just as many questionable ones.

The two lead performances are excellent, Dustin Hoffman in particular is stellar…

• Movieman97

★★★½ Watched by Movieman97 13 Oct, 2015

"Midnight Cowboy" is a gritty and realistic look into urban society, albeit through some rushed execution and narrative inconsistencies, that's propelled by two fantastic performances from Dustin Hoffman and Jon Voight.