• Keith LaFountaine

★★★★½ Watched by Keith LaFountaine 27 Apr, 2015

"Hey! I'm walkin' here!"

A beautifully surreal, darkly comedic film that manages to be heartbreaking without being manipulative. The ending series of scenes on the bus are some of the most moving sequences I've ever seen. Dustin Hoffman and Jon Voight are great, and Schlesinger's direction is taut and heartfelt.

• InSession Film

★★★★½ Rewatched by InSession Film 25 Apr, 2015

A masterclass is acting. Powerful direction. Sad but touching story. And an experience I soon won't forget.

As these two characters find each other, they kind of find something in themselves too. The arduous journey of survival, is also a journey of maturity and reflection. Doing anything to scrape by, love and connection ends up showing it's weird but necessary head.

The last shot of this movie is so affecting and well earned. Utter beauty. Utter heartbreak.

• Joel Vered

★★★★½ Watched by Joel Vered 12 Apr, 2015

Dat Ending tho

Simply, "Midnight Cowboy" is one of the best "buddy" films ever made. It's the only X-Rated movie to win an oscar in any category, but for good reason. Hoffman and Voigt are at there best here, and they have electric chemistry. Very complex and memorable.

• BUNNER2015

★★★★½ Added by BUNNER2015

love Dustin Hoffman in this

• Courtney Cheshire

★★★★★ Watched by Courtney Cheshire 11 Apr, 2015

I absolutely loved this. The relationship between Joe and Ratso is so genuine and beautiful. I was surprised by how interesting the way it was filmed was, especially the dream and flashback sequences. I'm in shock this won best picture because it was so controversial for its time, but I'm sure happy it did because it deserved it.

• Ace Gunner

★★★★★ Added by Ace Gunner

Prob in my top 10 movies of all time ...if you have not seen it you deffo need to correct this error and see NOW !! awesome classic

• andylove

★★★★★ Watched by andylove 06 Apr, 2015

TV

• Jourdain Searles

★★★½ Watched by Jourdain Searles 05 Apr, 2015

This movie makes we want to flip every fucking table on Earth.

• Nino Vukalovic

★★★½ Watched by Nino Vukalovic 11 Feb, 2015

One of the early films of the "New Hollywood" era. It honestly comes off as being very pretentious and there are a number of scenes that feel like they were done just to be depressing for no reason. The ending feels like it was done just to rebel against the classic era where good endings were mandatory. I have no problems with sad endings when they're done well and serve a meaning. This movie's ending isn't one of those.

• Mark_Lemmond

★★½ Watched by Mark_Lemmond 21 Mar, 2015

I don't know what I was expecting based on this movie's reputation but I was underwhelmed. Dustin Hoffman and Jon Voight gave great performances but it wasn't enough to keep me interested.

• elias1026

★★★½ Watched by elias1026 15 Mar, 2015

MOVIE A DAY FOR A YEAR - DAY 352

One of the grimiest things I've ever laid eyes on. Dustin Hoffman is not only sickly, as the description might have you think, he is also sickening in all his greasy glory. Jon Voight is brilliantly juvenile in his portrayal of a new-to-the-game hustler, just trying to get a damn pay day. Watch Midnight Cowboy and be transported to the lowest depths of society.

• Kurt Fabisch

★★★★ Watched by Kurt Fabisch 14 Mar, 2015

Finally watched Midnight Cowboy for the first time.

Slightly less depressing than Requiem for a Dream.

I mean, it's really good but Christ, man....

I was hoping it'd at least have a happy ending NOPE!!!

Stellar performances from Jon Voight and Dustin Hoffman.

Ironic that in a movie with a main character that bases himself off of a persona like John Wayne.... and that year John Wayne wins the Oscar over the 2 guys from Midnight Cowboy. :)

There's a…