• seanmalin

★★★½ Watched by seanmalin 01 May, 2016

Stunning to think that Hoffman was seguing directly out of THE GRADUATE a mere year before shooting this film, which was legendary in my mind and a real American-made classic. I adored Voight in it and thought the film looked, sounded, and was paced beautifully. Hoffman, however, was the champion; without him, I think I would have found this more grating or typical. There is simply nothing like "I'm walkin' here!" to get my blood going.

• spitballarmy

★★★★ Rewatched by spitballarmy 01 May, 2016

8.5

• Ken Coffelt

★★★½ Watched by Ken Coffelt 27 Apr, 2016

What movie won Best Picture at the Oscars the year you were born? This bit of random trivia links John Schlesinger’s Midnight Cowboy and I. And though I had never seen it before, I was well aware of the film, from many points of culture, but notably from issue #134 of Mad Magazine (1970) which featured a parody titled “Midnight Wowboy”. I wonder how many movies I experience first as a Mad Magazine parody?

The only X-rated film to win…

• Lucas Abreu

★★★★½ Watched by Lucas Abreu 23 Apr, 2016

Uma espécie de Brokeback Mountain na contracultura.

• Brian Koukol

★★★★ Watched by Brian Koukol 23 Apr, 2016

With deep, consistent themes, as well as top-notch acting and characterization, inspired direction, and exquisite editing, MIDNIGHT COWBOY is not to be missed. Hoffman has never been better.

• Zuul

★★★★ Watched by Zuul 17 Apr, 2016

April Scavenger Hunt | Film #27, Task #2
    The film which has been on your queue/watchlist/shelf for the longest.
    ---

Actually, Possession and Napoleon Dynamite had been on my watchlist the longest, but I could put them in other categories of this hunt so I used my wildcard for this film.

A very good film thanks to Dustin Hoffman and Jon Voight, who were both nominated for the same best leading actor Oscar but sadly neither won. Harry Nilsson's famous…

• Ryan Ward

★★★½ Rewatched by Ryan Ward 18 Apr, 2016

I'm a sucker for a journey film, with no real plot just a journey through someone's life.

Dustin Hoffman steals the show, of course.

• Eithne

★★★★★ Watched by Eithne 15 Apr, 2016

Since there is so much about this film that has already been said, I'll just write about the two scenes that I most connected with.

The first , chronologically speaking, is the scene wherein Joe Buck receives a blowjob from a young, nerdy, broke student. The desperation on both of their faces was so real I nearly burst into tears. The trepidation and tenderness of the encounter combined with the aftermath-which highlights Joe's incessant yet admirable altruism-left me absolutely speechless…

• Luke Compton

★★★½ Watched by Luke Compton 03 Apr, 2016

There's a lot of interesting things about 'Midnight Cowboy'. However, I could only begin to appreciate the half of it after my viewing.

It's very interesting because it's wholly concerned with character, and headlining the show is Jon Voight's self-proclaimed "hustler", Joe. He's a naive and emotionally broken man who tries to live the life of a gigolo but is far too naive to make it work. He is constantly betrayed, played for a fool and left none the wiser.…

• oolalaa

★★★½ Watched by oolalaa 16 Apr, 2016

19/30

• Carlos Mazza

★★★★½ Rewatched by Carlos Mazza 09 Apr, 2016

The acting here is so brilliant that you almost forget you're in front of one of the best scripts of all time. A timeless classic.

• unclenugget

Rewatched by unclenugget 14 Apr, 2016

I found myself singing "Everybody's talking at me" and asking "where's that Joe Buck?" the other day. So here we are.