• Lucas Rafael Andrade

★★★★★ Watched by Lucas Rafael Andrade 21 Oct, 2014

the best woody allen movie directed in 1920

• Jacob Gehman

★★★ Added by Jacob Gehman

Disclaimer: I watched this at a friends' apartment with, like, eight other people. Watching movies with people is great, except when you want to actually follow the movie, and not the multitude of conversations happening around you.

But from what I caught, Midnight in Paris was pretty fantastic. I'm giving it a conservative rating for now in case the things I was hazy about with the plot was the fault of the film, and not my distracted state. But if/when I rewatch this, I could see it gaining significantly in the rating department.

• Keely

★★★★ Added by Keely

I find Woody Allen to be Super Creepy, for what I believe to be fairly obvious reasons. Generally, I avoid being too effusive about his films, or even watching them, really. That being said, I honestly did enjoy this movie. I'm not going to wax poetic or anything, but I'm also not going to spend this whole review giving you Allen's receipts, so I feel that I've found some middle ground.

• Windyblue

Added by Windyblue

BOYCOTT
    Woody Allen sexually abused his adopted daugher.

• Jonas Danielsson

★★★ Watched by Jonas Danielsson 26 Dec, 2013

I haven't been a huge fan of the recent Woody Allen filmmaking tour of Europe. It started promising enough with Match Point, which benefited tremendously by not featuring any direct Woody Allen stand-in character. Also, the dark satire/thriller on class and ambition worked very well. I didn't have much love for Vicky Christina Barcelona, a film that felt more like an american fantasy of Spain than the real thing. And sure, that was kind of the point, but the clichees…

• Carlos

★★★★ Added by Carlos

• Guilherme Alves

★★★★ Watched by Guilherme Alves 14 Oct, 2014

esse filme saiu na época errada

• Dorian Rodríguez

★★★★ Watched by Dorian Rodríguez 13 Oct, 2014

This was so comfy, but somehow weird, Owen's character felt like a parody of Woody Allen

• JedsNotDead

★★½ Added by JedsNotDead

Midnight in Paris is no doubt beautifully filmed, and its themes of nostalgia are heartfelt and genuine, but with a surprisingly dull script, lackluster pacing, an absurd and nonsensical story, a terrible ending, and (as can be expected) a completely miscast performance from Owen Wilson, it's undoubtedly Woody Allen's weakest film to date.

• JaySalahi

★★★★½ Rewatched by JaySalahi 06 Oct, 2014

A- (90)

• Mikael Stånggren

★★★★ Added by Mikael Stånggren 6

What's not to love about the beautiful city of Paris? Having been there myself twice, I know how enchanting it can be just to walk on its streets. And who better to illustrate said feeling than the supremely experienced Woody Allen?

Driven by its dialogue and richly written characters, we are taken to the very heart of the Parisian culture. Particularly in its segments where we travel back in time, visiting some of the historic figures that made the city…

• Joe DiCanio