• Simon Magus

★★ Added by Simon Magus

Pandering fluff. "LOOK IT'S HEMINGWAY. I KNOW WHO HEMINGWAY IS." *chortles with the rest of the audience* "LOOK IT'S DALI. I KNOW WHO DALI IS." *chortles with the rest of the audience* "ISN'T PARIS SO ROMANTIC!!! WOODY'S BACK IN TOP FORM!!!"

• Prysewhert

★★★½ Watched by Prysewhert 28 Jun, 2015

A very pretty film with some smart ideas that ultimately left me unsatisfied.

• An Angry Bear

★★★★★ Rewatched by An Angry Bear 26 Jun, 2015

A wonderful insight and response to golden agers.

• María A

★★★★ Added by María A

• francesb23

★★½ Added by francesb23

A beautiful idea, but I couldn't get over how jerky and up-their-own-a**es the characters were.

• EvelynFilmFan

★★★½ Watched by EvelynFilmFan 17 Jan, 2015

evelynfilmfan.wordpress.com/2015/01/18/midnight-in-paris-2011-review/

Woody Allen’s “Midnight in Paris” is a romantic comedy. But the way I see it, it’s not like the typical romantic films where it’s about the love between two people. This film is more about a writer’s love for the culture during the 1920s in Paris. I also didn’t feel like it was a true comedy. The only scene that made me laugh was the final scene where a detective from today gets lost in the past. But lets…

• Spesh to Death

★★★½ Added by Spesh to Death

A delightful romp through 20s culture, Midnight in Paris is sure to be both the spark of and cure for your nostalgia.

• Ameeli

★★★★★ Watched by Ameeli 16 Jun, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Paris is so beautiful!
    *Man Ray: A man in love with a woman from a different era. I see a photograph!
    Luis Buñuel: I see a film!
    Gil: I see insurmountable problem!
    Salvador Dalí: I see rhinoceros!
    *You can fool me, but you cannot fool Ernest Hemingway!
    Ernest Hemingway, Scott Fitzgerald, Pablo Picasso, Gertrude Stein, T.S.Eliot, Henri Matisse, Paul Gauguin...

• Matt Swanson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Swanson 15 Jun, 2015

If movies were food, Midnight in Paris would be a crème brûlée. Followed up with a cigarette and a coffee.

• Justin Scott

★★★½ Watched by Justin Scott 14 Jun, 2015

I just realized this is the third movie I've watched recently (this one less than the others) set in the 1920's. Following Magic In The Moonlight and The Great Gatsby. Owen Wilson plays himself yet again. I like him as an actor though and this movie was pretty cute.

• Ethereal16

★★★★ Watched by Ethereal16 13 Jun, 2015

Life is a little unsatisfying.

• Edward Blake

★★★★ Watched by Edward Blake 08 Jun, 2015

It was great, but the more I've been thinking about it the less I like it.
    Midnight in Paris is probably Woody Allen's coolest story, but not much was done with it.
    Overall it was still great.