• Matthias

★★★★★ Added by Matthias

Kunst!

Ok. Vermutlich Mainstreamkunst, aber ich fahr voll drauf ab.

• Jeremy Poulos

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jeremy Poulos 25 Nov, 2014

I have seen this movie about three times now and every time I love it just as much or more. I love what Owen Wilson did with the character to make him sound different than Woody Allen. Normally I find every character in a Woody Allen film to talk just like Woody Allen. The magic in this film is unique and wonderful and Allen has a real knack for incorporating the characters and material of the famous artists of the 20s.I have toRoll my eyes at the chance meeting with the girl In the rain at the end otherwise this is great.

• jeffreyatwood

★★★★ Watched by jeffreyatwood 22 Nov, 2014

As with many of Woody Allen's films, Midnight in Paris was thought-provoking, original, and the screenplay was excellent. I did feel this one to be a bit underwhelming, however, and I feel like it would have worked a bit better with Woody Allen playing the main character (At some points, it seemed as if Allen was attempting to pick someone to replace his "younger self" from his older films- which isn't a bad idea- Owen Wilson just didn't fully hit…

• McMac Henry

★★★★ Added by McMac Henry

rivals "primer" for the most convoluted, complicated, and profound use of timetravel.

• Ollie

★★★★ Watched by Ollie 08 Nov, 2014

Enjoyable way to while away an evening.

Solid late period Allen.

• Matthew Wooldridge

★★★½ Watched by Matthew Wooldridge 21 Apr, 2012

Here we have what must be Woody Allen’s best film in maybe a decade. It’s very light and fluffy to the point of not even being tangible, but there is something about the experience of watching the film that makes this such a heartwarming experience. It has imagination - it takes a ludicrous idea and runs with it - and it has what must be at the heart of every Woody Allen movie, a love story, and with Owen Wilson…

• Brad_Kaufman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Brad_Kaufman 20 Nov, 2014

When Midnight in Paris was released I saw it on a whim. At the time I really didn't get Woody Allen films. I saw Match Point and liked it. But other than that I didn't get it. I even watched Annie Hall and didn't care for it.
    I went into Midnight In Paris not really knowing the premise of the movie. Half way through the film I remember thinking to myself god I am enjoying this. Till this day I…

• UttiyoS

★★★★★ Added by UttiyoS

Midnight in Paris- 5/5

Just as the clock strikes midnight and the lights shine the brightest, the nostalgia and artistic history of Paris in its Golden Age come alive in Woody Allen's utterly enchanting ''Midnight in Paris'' which in such an exceptional and astounding manner showcases our protagonist as his leisure walks turn into a trip to the past where he mingles and sits alongside artistic geniuses and gets reaped inside the sheer life of Paris itself, and Allen through…

• Adrian Zachow

★★★★ Watched by Adrian Zachow 26 Oct, 2011

As a love letter to Paris, this is insuperable. Never has Paris looked and felt better on screen. In the midst of it, a struggling writer (Owen Wilson, in good form) seeking his muse, and finding her in the 1920s (lovely Marion Cotillard), moving among an amazing circle of prolific friends: Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Picasso, and more. Yes, oddly this is a bit of a time travel fantasy, but it's greatly allegorical of the themes of the movie, including that which sees each generation looking at a past age as a golden one. Really, a wonderful piece of writing and directing by Woody Allen.

• Katherine Iraheta

★★★★ Watched by Katherine Iraheta 15 Nov, 2014

I could hear Marion Cotillard say "Paris" a thousand times and i would still fall in love with it the same thousand times.

As a fan of the Roaring 20's and the Belle Epoque in literature and paint, this fullfilled my biggest dream of watching my favorite luminaries reunited in a single movie.

Allen really had me captivated with this film and the character that Gil is, in certains moments I, as many I presume, felt identified with him.

Beatiful movie, worth watching and truly inspiring.

• Leonardo Souza

★★★★ Watched by Leonardo Souza 14 Nov, 2014

Woody Allen conta uma história fantástica que só este mestre poderia. É extremamente engraçada, tocante, comovente, aventureira e pitoresca a jornada de Gil Pender à Paris dos anos 20. Ver Scott Fitzgerald e Ernest Hemingway foi mágico, agora Dali, Picasso e todos os outros foi mais mágico ainda. Com certeza, um Masterpiece .

• moonlitfloor

★★★★ Added by moonlitfloor

Before I vowed never to watch another Woody Allen film I saw Midnight in Paris. It is a forgiving film but what was Rachel McAdam's stylist thinking all through out this film? What sack can I dress this girl up in next?