• samuelchapman

★★★½ Added by samuelchapman

Woody Allen addresses the elephant in the room. Not Woodys most honest film, but an extremely heart warming one.

• MatthewLB

★★★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 20 Jul, 2014

The story is about a family travels to Paris for business where the relationship of a young couple comes into focus when they are forced to look into a life beyond their own. This movie has one of the best writing of 2011 I mean it's so well written and the main character was so likable and you understand he version on pairs and every thing else.

• Artorias

★★★★½ Watched by Artorias 18 Jul, 2014

Gil (Owen Wilson) is a hollywood screewriter whose dream is to become a successful novel writer in the 1920's Paris. Luckily, he goes on a trip to Paris with his girlfriend's family and finds himself mysteriously going back to the 1920s every day at midnight, being able to live in his favorite epoch among his idols.

Midnight in Paris was my second Woody Allen and, after Annie Hall I can clearly state Woody Allen is a great director and, above…

• Alice Joo

★★★ Watched by Alice Joo 18 Jul, 2014

I normally don't watch these types of movies, but I liked A Midnight in Paris. I loved the romantic portrayal of Paris throughout different time periods. It was exciting to go back in time and meet our greatest writers and artists before they were universally known. The theme of the movie was also one I could definitely connect with. I always envision the past, particularly the 1920s, as more magical and alluring than the present when in reality, it probably wasn't. Nostalgia is normal, we all experience it, but it becomes a problem when it starts to interfere with our current lives.

• Brian Finch

★★★★ Watched by Brian Finch 15 Jul, 2014

I am continually 3 years behind on Woody Allen's films. For some reason, I never really feel the need to rush out and see them. I also like to vet them out, since many of his films tend to be hit or miss. Having said that, I look forward to watching Blue Jasmine in a couple of years to see what all of the fuss was about.

What ever happened to Owen Wilson? He is witty and has wonderful comic…

• alphonse

★★★★ Rewatched by alphonse 14 Jul, 2014 6

After the very decent Vicky Cristina Barcelona and before the disastrous To Rome With Love came the best film from Woody Allen's european trilogy and, by a comfortable distance, the most innovative of the three films. This Woody Allen's comedy takes place in Paris and tells the story of a couple who is about to get married, that during their stay you will experience a set of events that will change their lives. It is also the love story of…

• Ian Buckwalter

★★★★ Watched by Ian Buckwalter 11 May, 2011

Read my DCist review.

• Ghasem Najjary

★★★★★ Added by Ghasem Najjary

If I say anything about the experience I'll ruine it. A long silence...

• Annabetth

★★★ Watched by Annabetth 13 Jul, 2014

"It's a flaw in the romantic imagination of those people who find it difficult to cope with the present. That's what the present is. It's a little unsatisfying because life is unsatisfying."

Dreamers always dreamed with situations like this; we'll never be satisfied.

• smallstot

★★★★½ Added by smallstot

Really enjoyed it. Fun and lighthearted (mostly)

• Melissa Kaulfuss

★★★½ Watched by Melissa Kaulfuss 12 Jul, 2014

Cute. Nice foray into an era that I wish I could visit too (even a decent dream party would do)! Marion Cotillard is lovely :)

• Colin Callaghan

★★★★ Watched by Colin Callaghan 08 Jul, 2014

Watched on the flight to LA.

Loved this movie. The insight into a mans pursuit for love and happiness and not settling for the mediocre.