• Yixiang Weng

★★★★ Watched by Yixiang Weng 20 Apr, 2014

what a light hearted and funny concept! (:

• Steve Katz

★★½ Rewatched by Steve Katz 19 Apr, 2014

This gets worse and worse every time I watch it. I was taken by the charm of the stunt casting the first time, and I think that went a long way toward covering up the film's serious problems. Still like the events in the past; Corey Stoll is a wonderful Hemingway, Pill and Hiddleston are fun as the Ftizgeralds and Cotillard is just the sort of the person you could imagine throwing your entire life into chaos for.

This is…

• Alice Souza

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alice Souza 18 Apr, 2014

"That Paris exists and anyone could choose to live anywhere else in the world will always be a mystery to me."

Midnight in Paris is probably one of the most beautiful and brilliant films I've ever seen. Embarking on a surreal time travel, Woody Allen portrays the pain of nostalgia in the modern man.

With a breathtaking photography and a extremely original screenplay (an Oscar-winning one, for that matter), Midnight in Paris is a love letter, from Woody, to the…

• Dan Carlston

★★★★ Added by Dan Carlston

Though this film isn't anything exceptional, it does fulfill my French listening journal requirement for the week, so for that, I thank you, Woody Allen. It is an incredibly well-casted film, particularly in regards to the literary and artistic giants that appear throughout. Owen Wilson was a surprisingly competent lead as well.

• Christopher Pate

★★★★★ Watched by Christopher Pate 15 Apr, 2014

I'm totally surprised by how much I absolutely adored every second of Midnight in Paris. It's overwhelmingly likeable, intensely nostalgic and- perhaps most importantly- aesthetically gorgeous. Just as the midnight chimes transport Gil Pender back to a romantic 'golden age', Midnight in Paris also transports the audience back to the golden age of Woody Allen as a filmmaker, bypassing his recent flops and reminding us not only of his past triumphs, but of his directorial brilliance too.

• Oscar Rosales

★★★★½ Watched by Oscar Rosales 13 Apr, 2014

A quirky and neurotic main character?
    Check.

A sense of romanticism for the city it is set in?
    Check.

Intelectual conversations (about art)?
    Check.

Do the characters feel attraction for someone other than their partners?
    Check

Do shenaningans and hijinks ensue?

Jazz music?
    Check.

Yep, you now know who directed it.

It's easy to see why everyone lauded this as the return to form of Woody Allen back when it was released. It is a simply magical film, and…

• cineedo
  • Jayson Quearry

★★★½ Watched by Jayson Quearry 14 Apr, 2014 2

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• kamalroja03

Added by kamalroja03

Its a great experience to share. Some may think that the movie is fantasy or fiction. But I feel its' not. Its Surrealism. Its about the writer whose cognition become powerful and more analytic. The result is this movie.

Every movie lover must watch. Woody stands tall. The music and visuals are pleasant. Its just 93 minutes long but stays for a week at least and will touch you for your lifetime.

• Adriane Fonseca

Added by Adriane Fonseca

Assistido em 02/07/2011 no cinema, classifico como bom ***. Nota 9. Não me empolgou muito não, acho o ator principal muito sem sal e a minha não familiaridade com o personagem do século 20 prejudicou minha relação com o filme, sequer entendi a piada com o Buñuel. No mais não reagi contagiada com a viagem, pois a mesma já não é novidade. Mas o final é adorável.

• Aracno

★★★ Watched by Aracno 14 Apr, 2014

Owen Wilson was great in this! He really was.

• soirore

Watched by soirore 12 Apr, 2014

Fairly standard in that a chap has a monstrous fiancee who's crushing his dreams but the nuances were pleasurable and the scenery lovely. Far too many men, and famous men, around in 1920s Paris though.