• Ana Rita

★★★ Watched by Ana Rita 27 Apr, 2016

The soundtrack was amazing and it was on point.
    The plot was not that great and little bit cliché, yet the message of this movie ia too powerful to be ignored in my opinion. We should fight for what we want and not for what others might want for us.
    Also we should not be living in the past.
    I love Paris so I liked this movie.
    Also I love watching Owen Wilson making more down to earth movies rather than just comedies!

• Philip Price

★★★★★ Rewatched by Philip Price 26 Apr, 2016

As good now as it's ever been. One forgets just how effective Owen Wilson can be, but here he is downright endearing. Beyond charming. Seeing the likes of Corey Stoll and Tom Hiddleston impress before they were ever known for other things as Hemingway and Fitzgerald is refreshing with Stoll stealing every scene he's in. One can truly feel the essence of Paris in the film as Allen not only takes us on a tour through time, desire, and nostalgia, but the titular city as well. All of it gorgeously accomplished.

• Felix

★★★★½ Watched by Felix 26 Apr, 2016

This is the best Woody Allen this century by far

• Pedro Paulo Bastos

★★★★ Rewatched by Pedro Paulo Bastos 26 Apr, 2016

This movie is worth seeing because of the incredible story about a nostalgic writer (Gil Pender) who travels back in time - in this case, to the Paris in the 1920's. It is unclear whether it is a kind of Gil's hallucination or a simply creative freedom where anything can happen. In my opinion, this is the first awesome detail regarding this Woody Allen's movie. The second one is the very (fun) evidence on conflicting cultural traits between Americans and…

• hannah sprott

★★★½ Rewatched by hannah sprott 27 Nov, 2015

so freaking pretty i could watch this 1000 more times

• menboong

★★★ Added by menboong

watched for lea, it was worth it. more of a showcase for paris though, than an actual movie

• Lee Porteous

★★★★ Watched by Lee Porteous 25 Apr, 2016

My first ever Woody Allen movie (not counting the phenomenal Antz) and I loved it!

Funny and charming and just a really good paced movie.

• ArizonaJim

★★★½ Added by ArizonaJim

Somebody has got it wrong, either me or the rest of the world. The general consensus is that Woody Allen, as a filmmaker, made his first great movie with Annie Hall and continued making fine films until the late 1980s, but over the last 20 years he has been in sad decline and if a film is seen as being better than the norm this will be hailed as a return to form, the reappearance of the Woody Allen of…

• Robert

★★★★½ Rewatched by Robert 23 Apr, 2016

This is such a charming, beautiful, and heartfelt film. I believe this is Woody Allen at his best, and maybe my bias towards Paris is showing, but this is such a touching and honest movie.

The photography is gorgeous, especially those fantastic warm colors, the acting is subtle (for the most part), and the story is wonderfully magical.

My only two issues are with the general theme, which seems incredibly on the nose (especially towards the end), and with Rachel…

• Taylor Ruth

★★★½ Watched by Taylor Ruth 27 Sep, 2015

don't like woody allen (AT ALL) but this movie is incredible i want to go back to 1920's paris

• lukemccabe16

★★★★ Watched by lukemccabe16 20 Apr, 2016

A beautiful film, narratively and visually. Woody Allen presents us with Paris at its most beautiful both in its modern and 1920's version. Owen Wilson fits in brilliantly as the troubled writer almost portraying an everyman. I really felt that I could put myself in his shoes and imagine how I'd react if the heavyweights of art all came to me in early twentieth century Europe. It is a fantastic exploration of the glazed nostalgia of the past.

• Miles Hardman

★★★★ Watched by Miles Hardman 18 Apr, 2016

April Scavenger Hunt
    14/30

#26: A postmodernist film.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Midnight in Paris opens with a rather long montage that sees the French capital slowly descend, through a storm, into darkness. The first thing that struck me was how beautiful Paris looks in the rain. It turns out that this little detail is to be a catalyst for romance between two characters. But it also represents exactly how much I loved this film; how I felt connected to it sentimentally.

As…