• Ollie_8

★★★★½ Added by Ollie_8

• JennanaJenners

★★★ Watched by JennanaJenners 28 Nov, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Okay, right off the bat, I gotta say that you can't use a Van Gogh painting on the movie cover, and not mention him or show him once, especially since they had a perfect opportunity to!
    This movie was pretty enjoyable. It was fun to see famous faces pop up but they were playing famous artists/writers! The idea was really fun and interesting, and by the time the credits were rolling I wish that I would have had more from…

• M_Penalosa

Watched by M_Penalosa 28 Nov, 2015

My first Woody Allen movie since Mighty Aphrodite. It will be another 20 years before I try him again. Hopefully one of us is dead by then.

• Jason Bally

★★½ Added by Jason Bally

I haven't really liked Woody Allen movies for about 20 years. This one is better than a lot of them, but for some reason, his movies always leave me a little cold.

• Pandoran

★★★★½ Watched by Pandoran 26 Nov, 2015

I love Paris.
    I fancy the 20's.
    I like Marion Cotillard.

I treasure this film!

• Alex Lovendahl

★★★★ Watched by Alex Lovendahl 24 Nov, 2015

I want to be frustrated by this movie, which is twee, full of unnecessary performances, and full of unnecessary depictions of real historical brilliances as trite collections of their best sayings. But...I think this is a good movie. Honestly, even as an adaptation of The Sun Also Rises, I think it's a good movie; it evokes many of the feelings that novel puts forward and has the self-awareness to criticize that nostalgia. I don't especially like the movie, but I do think it's a pretty good one that makes its point pretty nicely.

• Tarryn-tino

★★★★½ Rewatched by Tarryn-tino 23 Nov, 2015

"No subject is terrible if the story is true, if the prose is clean and honest, and if it affirms courage and grace under pressure."

I already had this rated as 4.5 stars, even though I haven't watched this since I started on LB, but I stick by my 4.5 stars. I really love Midnight in Paris, its such a quirky and fun movie and it put the biggest smile on my face watching it for a second time :-)…

• Aidan Seidman

★★★½ Watched by Aidan Seidman 23 Nov, 2015

I think I'm at the point where I can teach a class on Woody Allen's films. They're so ingrained in Jewish culture I feel like I never stopped watching them. I think if you look at his later films as a memoir they become way more enjoyable there's a line in this movie where Owen Wilson's character gets told to not be such a defeatist and that's pretty funny given the context of Woody Allen's film career which could absolutely…

• parkthesedaze

★★★★★ Added by parkthesedaze

I think if I was sat down and forced to choose my Woody Allen favorite, it would have to be "Midnight In Paris." The way he captures the gorgeous city is entrancing, the historical figures are portrayed wonderfully and this is some of Owen Wilson's absolute best. Such a warm and charming film in every sense, while displaying our own nostalgic tendencies as we look back and plead for times of the past. It offers a vital message, making it something to watch again and again to remind ourselves just how lucky we are in our seemingly mundane present.

• fraiser36

★★★★★ Watched by fraiser36 22 Nov, 2015

no 3 in top ten

• Alice Byford

★★★★ Watched by Alice Byford 19 Nov, 2015 3

Originally published: blogvodfilm.wordpress.com/
    When couple, Gil (Owen Wilson) and Inez (Rachael McAdams), take a trip to Paris Gil cannot help but use the opportunity as a way to gain inspiration for a novel he’s been struggling to write. Then, as if all his hopes are handed to him on a plate, he is transported back to Paris in the 1920’s- at midnight of course. He meets a whole host of famous writers and artists from Picasso to Hemingway, and the…

• Megan Baker

★★★ Watched by Megan Baker 18 Nov, 2015 2

For a Woody Allen movie it was pretty good. I was mostly mesmerized at the cinematography and the vibrant colors in Paris. The story dragged at times but then it would be livened by Zelda Fitzgerald or Salvador Dali. I wished the story could have been as exciting as its surroundings.