• Alex Alcala

★★★★½ Watched by Alex Alcala 05 Feb, 2016

I'm surprised by how much I enjoyed this film. I think this is one of Woody Allen's best films.

• Alvin Laqui

★★★★ Watched by Alvin Laqui 06 Feb, 2016

Every frame is alive and is pulsating with colors and Parisian-light bokehs or odes to iconic paintings from the 1920's.

Woody Allen throws the elements of his Manhattan (1979), then arranges them fuzzily enough to adhere to magical realism. The tale of the confused middle-aged man in love with a city, only this time, Allen is Wilson and New York is Paris.

The film proves romanticism can aid in finding inspiration, but can also hinder an artist from personal growth. But if the never ending search for the "true golden age" is the reason for Allen's inspiration for this film, then hindrances be damned.

• Auouywonz

★★★½ Added by Auouywonz

Hits most every mark, and the ones it misses you can ignore. It's imaginative in a refreshing, restrained way, and it's fun the whole way through. It is uplifting, and educational, and it will take you to a whole portion of history you probably didn't know existed (it did for me, anyway). If you like to read, this is a movie worth watching.

• JOHN JOHN OWEN

★★★★ Added by JOHN JOHN OWEN

funny

• Vanessa

½ Rewatched by Vanessa 03 Feb, 2016

I hate Midnight in Paris with a burning passion. I don't even know why. The thing is, I shouldn't hate it. I love Paris. I love the 20s. I love most of the artists that appear in the movie. I love the actors. And still... I just hate it. I thought maybe it'll change if I give it another try, but it didn't. I just found most of the movie incredibly annoying and had to force myself to finish it.

• Mina

★★★ Watched by Mina 03 Feb, 2016

This was a really cute, light hearted film that still had a bit of depth to it. It didn't take itself seriously, which I really liked.
    Don't really have anything more to say, but I was pleasantly surprised by it.

• Mark Novak

★★★½ Watched by Mark Novak 02 Feb, 2016

This movie was everything I hoped for visually, and the casting was spectacular.
    This is a good, easy to watch film, and there's a lot of substance considering how light it is. There's lots of subtle comedy, history, and wisdom if you're looking for it.

• jto111

★★★★ Added by jto111

A funny fantasy comedy from director Woody Allen.

• mikecuenca

★★★★½ Rewatched by mikecuenca 30 Jan, 2016

"The artist's job is not to succumb to despair, but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence."

Woody's worst movies are better than most people's mediocre ones. And every now and again he creates something that blows my mind and makes me feel not so alone in the world. Paris is one of them. I'm a nostalgic. I'm not a fan of the majority of modern cinema/music. And I'm always romanticizing life in another decade.

This movie keeps…

• egrant94

★★½ Watched by egrant94 29 Jan, 2016

This has been on my list of movies to watch for a while. I must say, the ending left something to be desired, but the film overall was wonderful. The sets and costumes really did assist in bring the audience into another time.

• Olivia

★★★★ Rewatched by Olivia 24 Jan, 2016

Midnight in Paris delivers some good fun with a lot of heart. It's essentially a love declaration to Paris, and the many shots of the city are gorgeous. The cast and music are very enjoyable, the dialogue is witty and after watching it, I'd really like to take a stroll through Paris in the rain.

• George O'Connor

★★★ Watched by George O'Connor 23 Jan, 2016

This has been on my watchlist for YEARS. Not because of an affection for Woody Allen, he is one of those filmmakers I appreciate but struggle to love, but because of they buzz that surrounded it when it was released and also because it seemed like Allen was trying something new, something exciting.

Unfortunately it did little to change my attitude towards Mr Allen and his work, although bonus points for effort (wow that was patronising). Despite some really gorgeous…