• Seanery

★★★★ Rewatched by Seanery 01 Oct, 2015

One of the most simple and elegant illustrations of the phrase "the grass is always greener on the other side" ever put to film.

• tonkpunk

★★★★½ Added by tonkpunk

Owen Wilson is Woody Allen in this movie. The film shows a confident hand starting with still shots of Paris at its best. A simple message at heart on the importance of living in the present. Rachel McAdams and the mum and dad characters delivers a caricature of the annoying relatives to highlight the liveliness of the 1920s characters, stand out performance by Corey Stoll as Ernest Hemingway.

• Ryan Swen

★★★½ Watched by Ryan Swen 24 Sep, 2015

An utterly charming, if clearly flawed, film. Allen's passion for Paris, conveyed excellently through his direction, script, and Wilson's inhabitation of his persona, is clearly evident, and he does an excellent job of exhibiting the almost utopian nature of Paris. The period scenes do an excellent job of recreating the time periods and the many famous artists are uniformly well-portrayed, though sometimes they verge on parody. The present scenes are less well done, however, as every other character (aside from Seydoux's) is portrayed as almost overwhelmingly snooty and one dimensional, but the period scenes ultimately redeem this marvelous and lovely film.

• argynt

★★★★ Added by argynt

Πολύ επιτυχημένη η φωτογραφία.
    Μαγικό Παρίσι
    Εμένα με ταξίδεψε

• Han1981

★★★½ Watched by Han1981 18 Sep, 2015

From the reviews, I expected more from this movie directed by Woody Allen. Was it funny? Not really. Was it entertaining? Sure! 3,5 stars.

• JG Still

★★★★ Rewatched by JG Still 17 Sep, 2015

Gil: This is unbelievable! Look at this! There's no city like this in the world. There never was.
    Inez: You act like you've never been here before.
    Gil: I don't get here often enough, that's the problem. Can you picture how drop dead gorgeous this city is in the rain? Imagine this town in the '20s. Paris in the '20s, in the rain. The artists and writers!
    Inez: Why does every city have to be in the rain? What's wonderful about getting wet?

• Will Glover

★★ Watched by Will Glover 17 Sep, 2015

A largely vapid exercise in intellectual masturbation, Midnight in Paris is the movie equivalent of a pandering, nostalgia-baiting buzzfeed listicle - 17 famous 1920s artists you didn't know were acquainted! Number 12 will really blow your mind! This film has two potentially interesting ideas going for it; the first, barely explored at all, is that we form our strongest attachments to places we know we must soon leave, paving the way for nostalgia before our experiences even become memory. Wilson's…

• jmbadia

★★★★½ Watched by jmbadia 14 Sep, 2015

Poder sortir de festa amb els Fitzgerald (es veu que eren tremendos), Gertrude Stein, Hemingway, i veure reflectit en la pantalla la personalitat i els vicis que n'has llegit per tot arreu. Al minut 1 la peli m'havia guanyat per sempre ;)

• Gio Musso

★★★★ Watched by Gio Musso 15 Sep, 2015

GREAT - Forcing myself to like Woody Allen movies is becoming easier than I thought.

"Wow" - Owen Wilson

• nico

★★½ Added by nico

All stars to the surrealists;

• Colleen

★★★★½ Watched by Colleen 21 May, 2011

I had a lot of expectations for this film. Not only was I anticipating another Woody Allen film, I was looking forward to seeing Owen Wilson's ability to work with Allen.

Wilson really blew me away. I enjoyed him very much, more than I have in any of his other films. He seemed to be genuinely experiencing his character's emotions for once. That was very refreshing.

Part of what stood out to me through most of the movie was the…

• Becca Richards

★★★★★ Added by Becca Richards

Going back in time to meet famous authors never fails. Tom Hiddleston really blew my mind as F. Scott Fitzgerald.