• Reece Leonard

★★★★½ Added by Reece Leonard

Witty and whimsical, "Midnight in Paris" demonstrates Allen's signature knack for neurotic comedy with a nostalgic look into the past before offering up the idea that the future can be just as great as what has come before if we allow it to be.

• Alex A

★★★★ Watched by Alex A 15 Apr, 2015

Midnight in Paris is the third Woody Allen picture I've watched, and the first I've liked. Owen Wilson plays a struggling novelist vacationing in Paris who inexplicably goes back in time and meets famous artists. It's a unique premise and may seem ridiculous to some, but I was engaged and felt refreshingly absorbed and along for the protagonists midnight journey to the past. Midnight in Paris is charmingly simple and relatable with its contemporary themes about nostalgia, relaxing soundtrack, charming characters, great performances and elegant atmosphere.

• antbalzano

★★★★★ Rewatched by antbalzano 14 Apr, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Not gonna make a full review, but here is what I'll say quick:

I can't count how many times I've watched this film, but I gotta say its probably one of my favorite films ever. Every time the credits roll I get super hyped. The film inspires me on multiple levels. It covers so much ground that it's hard for me to handle. It's funny, it's sad, and it's philosophical. I also appreciate the way it mocks the psuedo-intellectual, dickhead…

• Yumin Ha

★★★½ Added by Yumin Ha

buh

• Benjamin Larkin

★★★½ Watched by Benjamin Larkin 09 Apr, 2015

The premise seemed a little cheesy at first: 21st-century man gets sent back into the Roaring 20's and meets famous writers and painters of that time. But they did a decent job with it, it sometimes felt too over-indulgent, but Owen Wilson did a pretty good job as the nonchalant lead. The speech he gives at the end, about how the grass is always greener in the earlier time period, was my highlight of the movie. We can all admit…

• Alexander Perelson

★★★★★ Added by Alexander Perelson

While I acknowledge Annie Hall is Allen's best made film I will say that Midnight in Paris is my favorite. Unlike Annie Hall this film hit me more on a more personal level do which I will go into in a second.
    I watched this film directly after I watched Annie Hall. I don't necessarily remember why I read the premise and the sounded interesting so I watched it and have loved it ever since. I was really able to…

• Blake Hall

★★★★ Added by Blake Hall

Woody Allen is a hit-or-miss director for me. This is one of his better films. It's incredibly charming and fun.

• wfox

★★★★★ Rewatched by wfox 05 Apr, 2015

Great every time.

• Marianna Mr

★★★★½ Rewatched by Marianna Mr 05 Apr, 2015

Magic in the moonlight at midnight in Paris.

• Kemerson M.

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kemerson M. 04 Apr, 2015

''You can fool me, but you cannot fool Ernest Hemingway!''
    — Gil Pender

• Marie Acosta

★★★★ Watched by Marie Acosta 02 Apr, 2015

Transmite felicidad pura. Aunque tenga personajes molestos, todos sabemos que el principal y el único que importa es el que interpreta Owen Wilson, con el cual se ve muy cómodo.

Durante toda la película sonreía, por lo fantástico de la tomas, la fotografía, la cinematografía era un deleite para mis ojos. Los personajes clásicos fueron la clave. Y el argumento de vivir un sueño, de esa forma, me dejó babeando.

Sobre todo porque toca un tema que siempre me ha…

• Kely Lucena

★★★★½ Added by Kely Lucena

I love this, but I don't think the message has to be so explicit, let us analyse a bit, Woody (nevermind, I still love you).