• Andrew Willis

★★★★ Watched by Andrew Willis 13 Jul, 2011

The same day I saw Tree of Life I saw Woody Allen's new movie Midnight in Paris.

A lot has been made about Woody and his "film a year" pace. A lot has been said about how his later films pale in comparison to his earlier, funnier work. A lot has been said about his personal life and many other things. I am not going to mention these things.

That is because I have too much respect for this film.…

• Ratstar

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ratstar 26 Aug, 2014

"We all fear death and question our place in the universe. The artist's job is not to succumb to despair, but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence."

• dr_exploitation

★★★ Watched by dr_exploitation 14 Oct, 2011

Castello Lopes Serra Shopping
    Price: 5€00

• Thiago Tonani

★★★★ Watched by Thiago Tonani 26 Aug, 2014

Apenas uma palavra... Rinoceronte!!!

• vood11

★★★★½ Rewatched by vood11 21 Aug, 2014

Watched again as research/inspiration for the glasses script - looking at the parallel stories and how they mix together. I don't know, I think I've watched this movie four times now and I am finding it even more enjoyable this go around. The best of the late Woody certainly. Not even just for the funny 1920s celebrity roles. I like Owen Wilson's character a lot, how he handles finding himself in this time traveling reality. Marion Cotillard is actually only…

• Artorias

★★★★★ Rewatched by Artorias 18 Aug, 2014

I have just returned from Paris, therefore, I had to rewatch this amazing flick, there is no words to describe how magical and how accurate it is in its vision and reverie through paris.
    The film opens with beautiful shots from Paris, the most beautiful city in the world, with hundreds of stunning and gorgeous places as we watch on the big screen in the first minutes with the Eiffel Tower, the Champs-Élysées with the Arch of Triumph and the…

• Soohyung Kim

★★★★½ Watched by Soohyung Kim 23 Aug, 2014

This film is my dream, living in another time. Charming, wonderful. And of course: Paris.

• Michael

★★★½ Watched by Michael 11 Jun, 2011

A charming , funny bon bon.

Roger Ebert said in reviewing the film: "I'm wearying of movies that are for "everybody" - which means, nobody in particular." "Midnight in Paris" is most definitely not for everybody, though it has been quite successful despite that (or maybe because of that?). You must, at the very least, recognize the names of some people who probably died before you were born. There were members of the audience when I saw it who were obviously befuddled through lack of recognition. For those for whom the movie was made, however, it's a lovely confection.

• Antonin Monarque

★★★½ Watched by Antonin Monarque 17 Aug, 2014

Wonderfully good looking movie, with the nice Paris feel. I liked the music, the shots of Paris, the storyline. Even though I wasn't familiar with every artist in the story, I loved the mix of Owen Wilson with them.
    In general, Woody Allen's movies either bore me or are ultimate favorites, and I'd say this is a part of the second category. Great movie.

• Aljosa

★★★★ Watched by Aljosa 16 Aug, 2014

Paris.

• Brent Paton

★★★★ Added by Brent Paton

I saw this in the theater. Wonderful film. Whimsical story reminded me of Purple Rose Of Cairo. Beautiful photography, lighting, music. Very funny and great cast.

• Anastasia

★★★½ Added by Anastasia

It's good because it DOESN'T feel like a Woody Allen film.