• James Utley

★★★★½ Watched by James Utley 16 Dec, 2014

I'm ill, and most of the films on my December watchlist are either too thinky or too depressive (Bela Tarr, I'm looking at you). Seeing as I have loved other Woody Allen films, I decided to watch this charming piece which has done two things to me. I decided, by watching the film, that I need to: a) watch more Luis Bunuel films and b) watch more Woody Allen films. The rather neurotic lead is something I can really get…

• naisha

★★★★★ Added by naisha

A very sophisticated film.

• Cassandra Javier

★★★★½ Added by Cassandra Javier

dreamy movie, great scenes, great cast. I especially enjoyed Adrien Brody as Salvador Dali and Marion Cotillard was amazing, too!

• carolinmue

★★★★ Watched by carolinmue 24 Apr, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• astrohkid

★★★★½ Rewatched by astrohkid 11 Dec, 2014

You know, I always knew that Woody Allen was a stellar writer, but I never thought that he could write such a beautifully self reflective character piece about nostalgia while simultaneously showing us some fantastic performances and a radiant city slideshow. It's far better than I remembered, and a lot sadder than I remembered, as a lot of it is really about this one guy's obsession with the past. Expertly crafted, man.

• prath

★★★★ Watched by prath 11 Dec, 2014

Owen Wilson is good, Woody Allen is good and Paris is even better!

• Reid

★★★★½ Added by Reid

A beautifully lovely film, with wonderful performances. Midnight in Paris is the epitome of charming.

• jamdb

★★★½ Added by jamdb

Just when you think, "oh, groan, not another infidelity narrative..." Woody Allen busts out a charming fantasy. With the usual light touch, he explores what it would be like to hop aboard The Fitzgerald Express and land in a romanticized notion of Paris in the 1920s. There, he discovers the usual suspects, and an a predictable infinite regress of Golden Ages.

It's both freakish and fascinating seeing Owen Wilson channel Woody Allen.

• AniaMasta1999

★★★★½ Added by AniaMasta1999

Great, well written script and a truly beautiful and unique story. Great casting even though I would like Tom Hiddleston as F. Scott Fitzgerald to have more scenes as I thought that his character was really interesting.

• dgranados

★★★½ Added by dgranados

Me simpatiza mucho el personaje de Owen Wilson. Una historia muy linda, que deja claro que siempre vamos a idealizar el pasado. Además, una fantástica puerta de entrada para el trabajo de Woody :B

• Jonathan Davies