• BleeSevens

★★★½ Rewatched by BleeSevens 02 Sep, 2015

Less magical on rewatch, the people in the present are just so awful, and the people in the past are somewhat trite. A movie of caricatures. Pretty funny in places, though, and with admirable and well-presented moral.

• Amelie Boucher

★★★★ Watched by Amelie Boucher 01 Sep, 2015

I decided to watch this movie solely because it takes place in Paris. Paris is a city of dreams, where people go hoping to be able to make their dreams come true. The city is romantic, full of secrets, mysterious and artistic, and I think Woody Allen did an incredible job at catching Paris's essence. The scenery was simply gorgeous and the images of Paris captured on screen are downright stunning.

The story is very intriguing. A man travels to…

• BennyWestside

★★★★★ Added by BennyWestside

My love for this movie has transcended time and space.

I knew nothing about the plot to this movie before I saw, and I'm glad I didn't spoil this.

I love everything about this, from the premise, the costume design, the music, and the setting (of course, those close to me know me as quite a francophile), and the time period (also those close to me know my love for the 1920's).

This quite possible might be my favorite Woody Allen movie, top three for sure.

• Jacob Wilson

★★★ Rewatched by Jacob Wilson 30 Aug, 2015

I've seen it like 5 times before, but this time I really was not into it. You know it's bad when you start cheering for Rachel McAdams one note nag of a character over Owen Wilson. Those 20's scenes are so great though...

• nrbeaton

★★★★ Watched by nrbeaton 04 Jan, 2012

A charming fantasy, reminiscent of Allen's own Purple Rose of Cairo.

• Conan Tan

★★★★½ Watched by Conan Tan 24 Jul, 2015

Woody Allen's Excellent Adventure.

• Adam Deckrion

★★★★ Watched by Adam Deckrion 21 Aug, 2015

Why is Rachel McAdams in so many time-travel related rom-coms?

• Chris Vaughan

★★★★ Watched by Chris Vaughan 24 Aug, 2015

Oh man I need to go back to Paris, I just love it so much. It's really my favourite place in the world.
    This film was fun and entertaining but I really just watched it for Paris... And it was worth it.

• Josh

★★★ Watched by Josh 24 Aug, 2015

i hate woody allen but i love corey stoll
    im fake and distraught

• Aurora Esterlia

★★★★½ Added by Aurora Esterlia

Only on Woody Allen, who can bring your dream comes true.
    A writer really in love to be on Paris and he just finally realized his love made him goes to Paris, 1920, every day at midnight and meet all his favorite writers at that time, even Cole Porter.

Hey, I love Cole Porter, so this movie made for me, dame it.

• Isaac Rosso Klakovich

★★★½ Watched by Isaac Rosso Klakovich 13 Aug, 2015

The problem with films about people with obsessions is if you don’t buy their obsession nothing else in the film will work for you. Fortunately the world Allen has created makes us feel that the 20s are the place to be, and this feeling we share with the lead is what ultimately leads the film to success. Even though we know all along that he will learn that he is in the golden age, it is interesting to see him…

• Sean

★★★ Watched by Sean 20 Aug, 2015

Well I've seen lots of overly positive response to this film. I can understand why it would get that kind. However I don't see it the same way. Now let me explain what I thought.

Story: A man goes to Paris with his fiancee and her parents. Her parent's don't like him, and honestly it doesn't seem she likes him either. She complains about him to him pretty much the entire film. She hates how he loves Paris and is…