• Matt

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matt 02 Oct, 2015

This may sound strange but this was the scariest movie I watched as a kid. Not Elm Street or Halloween or even Friday the 13th but Anthony Edwards doing what any normal person would have done in 1988 Answering a random payphone. I guess it was because of all the havoc in the streets its nothing compared to what we see of film and TV today but this movie gave me nightmares for weeks. Funny

• georgetomacini

★★★½ Added by georgetomacini

A cult classic for a good reason because it has enough original elements to be considered (very loosely) a "classic" and it has enough startling flaws for it to be a "cult film." First off, yes, the film has a specific style and tone and sticks with it-there are no obvious studio post it notes that drastically change the action or the tone halfway through. That alone is noteworthy. The screenplay is very smart and is very engaging, the performances…

• The Motorcycle Boy
  • Riki Fudoh

★★ Added by Riki Fudoh

Cool Tangerine Dream soundtrack. I thought this started well but in the middle it kinda dips. I think this is because I found the two leads not that interesting and I didn't really like or care about them. Miracle Mile for me is saved by the last 20 minutes and ending from being a bad movie.

• Andrew D.

★★★★ Watched by Andrew D. 20 Sep, 2015

A 3,7 million dollar disaster movie?
    Is it good?
    Yes, for the most part.
    Does it deliver on the destruction?
    In a way, but it's not that kind of movie.

Miracle mile was a nice little surprise: a lower budget disaster movie doesn't sound great on paper. However, Steve De Jarnatt handles it fairly well.

The first 15 - 20 minutes handle exposition and character introduction like a romantic comedy/drama, in an endearing and elegant way: I actually cared…

• Dave Imboden

★★★½ Rewatched by Dave Imboden 18 Sep, 2015

Hidden 80's gem that I haven't seen in oh...15 years? Which explains why I forgot how absolutely bizarre a film it is.

The set-up is cool: you've got Anthony Edwards, aka Goose, who's a total dweeb - he plays trombone in a band with Peter Berg and hangs out alone at the La Brea Tar Pits. There he meets & falls immediately in love with a woman who sports a bitchin' mullet. Don't know why he's so smitten by her, maybe…

• Jordan Moody

★★★½ Added by Jordan Moody

Black comedy about nuclear oblivion with Dr.Green. Can't be missed. Some real head-turner moments.

• K. Austin Collins

Watched by K. Austin Collins 01 Sep, 2015

'Harry, Harry, all those chances.'

It's a film about a nuclear conspiracy -- nukes may or may not have been launched and the West Coast may or may not be destroyed in 90 minutes -- but one of the miracles of Miracle Mile is how long it takes for us to make up our own minds whether the threat is real.

That's in part because it's also a film about chance: Julie and Harry (Mare Winningham and Anthony Edwards) randomly…

• Alan Jones

★★★ Watched by Alan Jones 31 Aug, 2015

Hmmm. Cheesy, very low budget. But I did like the real time pacing. The acting was adequate at best, and I didn't get the real sense of danger I should have had.

• Bleki

★★★★ Watched by Bleki 28 Aug, 2015

Ufff, baš luda kotrljajuća vožnjica koja se dogodi u jednoj noći.

Napetost i strah su opipljivi, a i tema bi mogla ponovo mogla biti aktualna s obzirom na pizdarije koje rade oni ruski divljaci i pješčani cigani.

• COBRARocky

★★★★ Watched by COBRARocky 29 Aug, 2015

This film was originally going to be the Twilight Zone movie but instead we got a bunch of 80s character actors preparing for the nuclear apocalypse set in an endless night to a Tangerine Dream soundtrack.

Not a bad trade off.

• Jarrett

★★★★½ Watched by Jarrett 25 Aug, 2015

"I think it's the insects' turn."