• Daniel Paikov

★★★½ Watched by Daniel Paikov 29 Jul, 2015

I prefer Night of the Comet.

• Jonathan Rocks

★★★ Rewatched by Jonathan Rocks 28 Jul, 2015

I like this movie. But it's mostly for the nostalgia. I remember watching this on Prism way back when. It's still a cool concept.

• Justin Powell

★★★★½ Rewatched by Justin Powell 29 Jul, 2015

We Found Love In A Hopeless Place.

• Schizopolis

★½ Watched by Schizopolis 28 Jul, 2015

So this film was critically acclaimed back in 1988? Seriously? If that's true, whatever happened to the director after he made this? If anything, this film is a time capsule of the 1980's. The "me" decade.

A contrived, melodramatic, apocalyptic thriller emblematic of its time. This is the kind of artsy fartsy film that Albert Brook's character in Drive was talking about. Utterly preposterous. Denise Crosby's character is a great example. She's a mysterious, slickly dressed woman sitting alone in…

• Harry Badaud

★★★½ Watched by Harry Badaud 29 Jul, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

It dawned on me as the movie was nearly over -- maybe this wasn't meant to be camp. The ending is some seriously grim shit.

O-lan Jones is awesome.

• Rev Blake

★★★★★ Rewatched by Rev Blake 28 Jul, 2015

Depress-o theater.

• nicksav

★★★½ Added by nicksav

For a thriller with effectively zero budget, this is actually quite effective. Half action/suspense, half sci-fi allegory, it's message is nothing new, but it does serve up some decent thrills.

• Mrchef

Watched by Mrchef 27 Jul, 2015

A few really bright spots and moments of inspiration but this never got as crazy as I was expecting it to and was a little disappointed with it. Things finally go completely off the rails in the final 10 minutes but by then it was a too late for me to be wrapped up in the proceedings. I also found the main woman, Mare Winningham, to be insufferable and completely incapable of portraying any emotions which made it hard for me to root for Harry as he tried to win her affections.

• Dan Santelli

★★★½ Rewatched by Dan Santelli 26 Jul, 2015

Solid, slickly photographed, and briskly paced romance turned night-thriller, fueled by Cold War paranoia (read: nuclear panic), which I've always longed to embrace more than I do. Less-than-stellar leads detract, while a bevy of supporting character actors (including John Agar AND Denise Crosby!!!) keep the engine chugging along.

If done by any other composer, I'd note the score as elegiac and breathtaking. But for Tangerine Dream, it's business as usual.

• Sandy Richardson

★★★★★ Watched by Sandy Richardson 25 Jul, 2015

Miracle Mile (1988) is an extraordinary, harrowingly effective apocalyptic thriller from director Steve De Jarnatt. The film has earned itself a minor cult following, however it sank without trace despite generally positive reviews during its original commercial run. It has been poorly treated on home video, its sole DVD appearance was a full-frame release back in 2003. Kino Lorber are due to release the film soon on Blu-ray, which should hopefully reignite interest. The opening scenes are brightly lit, colourful…

• Luiz Augusto

★★★½ Watched by Luiz Augusto 25 Jul, 2015

I really liked it, the style and environment is really alike to After Hours. It was like watching part 2. Very nice.

This was my second try on my own After After Hours list and so far is the #2 ranked in similarity, only losing to After Hours itself.

• SammyBronkowitz

★★★★½ Watched by SammyBronkowitz 12 Jan, 2013

Wow, this is a movie, that slowly creeps up on you and strangles you with no remorse. It’s another example of how you can create a lot of suspense, with a very simple plot.

If you have never heard of it, just watch it without googling it first. There are some plot twists, that shouldn’t be spoiled. But don’t expect a feel good movie. Although it does have a certain amount of fun moments. Sorry if I sound like a 70 years old newspaper critic, but MIRACLE MILE is a true emotional rollercoaster.