• Jennifer

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jennifer 16 Apr, 2014

A fantastic, unrated dystopian film. Great story and very intense. Plus not to mention the scoring for the film is amazing. I also like the little added love story. What would do in the span of an hour?

• Donald May Jr

★★★★½ Rewatched by Donald May Jr 30 Mar, 2014

Seriously underrated and seriously GREAT.This film was a complete mystery to me going in. In 1989, there really was no internet news... You couldn't click a button and read spoilers, watch trailers for movies, etc. So, when MIRACLE MILE appeared at my local theater with no fan-fare and just a little line listing in the paper that said "MIRACLE MILE Anthony Edwards 1:00 3:00 5:00 7:00 9:00", I was intrigued. I mean, I liked Edwards in GOTCHA and TOP GUN,…

• Edwin Davies

★★★★ Watched by Edwin Davies 08 Mar, 2014

Basically a slightly more upbeat version of Threads, but only in that it lets its characters think they can escape nuclear Armageddon, rather than just springing it on them. The real-time pacing, combined with Anthony Edwards harried performance, make for an exhilaratingly tense experience.

• unipedal

★½ Watched by unipedal 08 Jan, 2014

Society begins to collapse as nuclear disaster looms. A man doubts his sanity and tries to save the woman he loves. Less weird than expected, ham-fisted ending.

• NeonDream

★★★★ Rewatched by NeonDream 13 Sep, 2013

There's a certain thing about this film that keeps pulling me into watching it again and again... At first i thought it was the music by Tangerine Dream. Then i thought it was the phone call scene.... But then it struck me... it is the Innocence. It is this pure 80's naivety feeling that gives me some serious nostalgic chills everytime i watch it. This film is a constant reminder of a troubled but yet simpler time. I would gladly recommend it to anyone

• Amoebrain

★★★ Watched by Amoebrain 13 Oct, 2013

Though the story starts as your typical “awkward guy meets his dream girl” it quickly escalates into an interesting situation; nuclear war. And while the establishment of the threat is shady at first, the tension is quickly spread via the main character who in the course of these events forgot to pick up his dream girl for a date and now must find her before the bombs start to fall.

The pacing and narrative are all over the place. Some…

• Matt Thomas

★★★★ Added by Matt Thomas

Great race against time drama. Anthony Edwards is very good. Ending nicked by Cloverfield.

• adambunion

★★★ Watched by adambunion 17 Jul, 2013

Teleported back to the 80s for some decent viewing!

• danjoebak

★★★ Watched by danjoebak 01 Jun, 2013

This is going to happen! Rescue me Anthony Edwards! No fuck off actually I'll do it myself.

• Paul_Hughes

★★★★★ Watched by Paul_Hughes 21 May, 2013

Blew my mind. Especially the last 20 minutes.

• Cappie Chamberlain

★★★½ Watched by Cappie Chamberlain 15 May, 2013

Miracle Mile hasn't aged well, it was low-budget in the 80s which means it is super low-budget by today's standards. However, it still manages to be gripping and intense through its fast-paced real-time structure. The third act will have you on the edge of your seat as our hero races around the Los Angeles trying to get everything and everyone together to escape. It is angry and bleak, with its depressing finale being quite refreshing. As it has aged poorly and flopped on release, this is exactly the kind of film Hollywood should remake.

• Ross Maclean

★★★★★ Watched by Ross Maclean 21 Apr, 2013 4

A masterful film that manages an astonishing volte face, setting the audience up for a kooky romcom before completely turning that on its head and offering a chilling, energetic look at human nature. The build up is sublime but the ways it pays off are even better.

The turn towards the film's infinitely bleaker elements is helped by the presence of Anthony Edwards as our reluctant hero, whose never-histrionic turn lends a crushing inevitability to events.

It is possible to…