• King Kongo

★★★★½ Added by King Kongo

Hysteria, love and death. Dead as dead can be. You'll see us again in some million years...

• Donald May Jr

★★★★½ Rewatched by Donald May Jr 26 Jun, 2015

One of my favorites. Re-watched tonight with a friend who had never seen it. Unfortunately, the new Kino Blu-ray transfer isn't so good... but it is better than the previous DVD transfer, I guess.

• Jerell

★★★★ Watched by Jerell 18 Jun, 2015

My favorite end of the world date movie. :(

• Mike Levine

★★★ Added by Mike Levine

weird!

• Smellivator

★★★★½ Watched by Smellivator 04 Jun, 2015

An incredible apocalyptic thriller that doesn't deserve to be lost in the digital age. WAKE THE FUCK UP CRITERION!

• sebastian_drogo

★★★½ Watched by sebastian_drogo 20 May, 2015

Appreso per caso da una telefonata che fra un'ora ci sarà un attacco atomico, il protagonista cerca di salvarsi assieme alla donna che ama.
    Ce la farà?
    Colonna sonora dei Tangerine Dream, una LA notturna e minacciosa,
    una corsa contro il tempo, insomma gli ingredienti per un buon film ci sono decisamente tutti.

• Jeff M

★★★★ Added by Jeff M

Granted, this film came in on the tail end of real nuclear paranoia. My generation was finishing high school and entering college, and stopping to think twice about the "evil empire".

Miracle Mile is just a wonderful portrait of a normal guy trying to make it through what is possibly the last night on Earth for everyone. It's very '80s, but worth watching...maybe especially for younger people looking for an idea of what people thought could possibly happen at any moment at the time.

Plus, Anthony Edwards with hair!

• Duncan Stripp

★★★ Watched by Duncan Stripp 03 Apr, 2015

A man picks up a ringing pay phone only to discover that a nuclear attack is imminent. He, and a rag tag group of strangers in a diner, must decide whether to stay put or try and get to safety. Still a fairly powerful film with a lovely lead performance from Anthony Edwards, it sadly hasn't aged that well and looks decidedly dated.

• Max Coombes

★★★★ Watched by Max Coombes 03 Oct, 2014

Atmospheric and heart-stoppingly urgent, Miracle Mile is sort of like a heartfelt After Hours without the jokes. It starts as a twee romantic comedy and then turns into a 'real time' tour through the pre-apocalypse.

The film's detractors criticise its moodswings, lack of apocalyptic punch, and ham-fisted attempts at profundity. Fans recognise that the moodswings are necessary and that any apocalyptic punch would distract from the film's message (which in no way attempts to be profound): whether you've got 50 minutes or 50 years, find something beautiful to make that time worthwhile.

• G. Jardar Olsen

★★★★½ Added by G. Jardar Olsen

VASTLY underrated mystery with an unnerving atmosphere, "Miracle Mile" is beautiful, beguiling, funny and terrifying. Much like a colorful nightmare, scary yet so wildly entertaining you never want to wake up.

The filmmaker keeps us guessing all the way through, and this is key to the success of the story. On one hand we only know as much as the main character and on the other the possible dilemma he is facing is so dramatic we're totally invested in his…

• Jack Cox

★★½ Watched by Jack Cox 31 Mar, 2015

Interesting Premise but the acting is god-awful and it's a shame because I really like Mare Winningham, I think this was one of her first roles and she is incredibly hot in this but Anthony Edwards is so monotone in his delivery he just kills this movie, which is a shame because this could have gone somewhere and it ended up going nowhere.

• Kevin Matthews

★★★★ Watched by Kevin Matthews 29 Mar, 2015

Alternating between moments of sweetness and moments that shock, this is a fondly remembered movie from the '80s that holds up surprisingly well.