• Pyrohemian

★★★½ Watched by Pyrohemian 08 Jun, 2014

Tense and unforgiving Miracle Mile is one of the 80's hidden gems. However the excessively slow first act and low budget distract from what is otherwise a very compelling film.

• yrsurfinman

★★★½ Watched by yrsurfinman 18 Aug, 2014

This was pretty fun. Not much more to say about it, as I saw it a movie night where we all made fun of it.

• FreonFilm

★★★★ Watched by FreonFilm 26 Jul, 2014

Undersedd och underskattad. Stressig och tajt. Överraskande och originell.

• elvislives

★★★ Watched by elvislives 20 Jul, 2014

I was looking forward to a great cult film but to be honest I felt short changed here. It is a film suck in a time and has not dated well. The lead character just becomes annoying as does the story around them. It's not all bad news though there is a certain amount of tension and the pace is good. Just so dated.

• Doug L.

Rewatched by Doug L. 19 Jul, 2014

not as good as I remembered.

• Brett Leach

★★★ Watched by Brett Leach 11 Jul, 2014

Well, I like that this movie commits to its premise and never backs down; I was expecting the main character to wake up at the end and find out it was all a dream. And I liked how crazy the movie starts to get towards the end. But the rest of the movie drops the ball on a very good premise, It's good, but it could have been great.

• JPC

★★★ Watched by JPC 30 Jun, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Mike Kowzun

★★★★ Watched by Mike Kowzun 30 Jun, 2014

Or "After Hours: Apocalypse Edition"

• Boonmee

★★★½ Watched by Boonmee 28 Jun, 2014

This movie started in one frame of mind and ended in a very different one. This isn't a criticism, it's just worth noting that the film goes from colorful and fairly upbeat to chaotic and depressing over the course of its runtime.

To my initial befuddlement, the film begins with a breakdown of humanity's evolution and segues into the blossoming of a romantic relationship. The two relevant parties are Harry (Anthony Edwards) and Julie (Mare Winningham). They meet one day…

• FranticMonkey

★★★½ Watched by FranticMonkey 22 Jun, 2014

I'm a sucker for armageddon type films. Add in a Tangerine Dream score, general 80s awesomeness/cheesiness, and the fact that Harry wasn't wrong and the strike happened and I really dug it.

• Jimmy Brown

★★★ Watched by Jimmy Brown 01 Jun, 2014

WATCHED AS PART OF MY UNSEEN '80s PROJECT

A film that starts off as one thing and becomes something completely different about half an hour in. At times quite tense, the film shows how society collapses in a short amount of time when things go tits up. It is let down a tad by some of the performances and I don't really buy the motivations of the main character. I don't get that he would risk his life for someone he just met but would keep the news of the impending doom from her.

Anyway, not a cheery film but not a bad one either.

• whitsbrain

★★★ Added by whitsbrain

"Miracle Mile" is a mixed bag with some tense moments that were nearly outweighed by the goofy characters. I was disappointed because this movie can't decide if it wants to be scary dramatic or funny. So it tries to be all three and ends up being just okay. I also tired of Harry (Anthony Edwards) running around to trying to find people. A few of the characters do some pretty horrific things and it is interesting to see the way society collapses.