• Alan Jones

★★★ Watched by Alan Jones 31 Aug, 2015

Hmmm. Cheesy, very low budget. But I did like the real time pacing. The acting was adequate at best, and I didn't get the real sense of danger I should have had.

• Bleki

★★★★ Watched by Bleki 28 Aug, 2015

Ufff, baš luda kotrljajuća vožnjica koja se dogodi u jednoj noći.

Napetost i strah su opipljivi, a i tema bi mogla ponovo mogla biti aktualna s obzirom na pizdarije koje rade oni ruski divljaci i pješčani cigani.

• COBRARocky

★★★★ Watched by COBRARocky 29 Aug, 2015

This film was originally going to be the Twilight Zone movie but instead we got a bunch of 80s character actors preparing for the nuclear apocalypse set in an endless night to a Tangerine Dream soundtrack.

Not a bad trade off.

• jarrettduncan

★★★★½ Watched by jarrettduncan 25 Aug, 2015

"I think it's the insects' turn."

media.giphy.com/media/b9aScKLxdv0Y0/giphy.gif

• Kerry Maxwell

★★★½ Watched by Kerry Maxwell 23 Aug, 2015

I don't generally care for apocalyptic scenarios, but this had a certain charm and audacity that won me over, even though I wasn't in the best frame of mind for it.

Watched in preparation for The Projection Booth podcast episode #208.

• thegriff

★★★½ Rewatched by thegriff 24 Aug, 2015

Take a drink every time you recognise an 80s character actor. Wow.

• transmogrifier

★★½ Watched by transmogrifier 16 Aug, 2015

44/100

The decision to marry your typical indie meet-cute romance to a doomsday scenario is an intriguing one, and it works well right up to the diner scene where Edwards tells a collection of colorful side characters what he had just been told on the phone. For a brief moment, it looks as of the film is heading to be a cerebral, philosophical chamber piece, and it looked up for the challenge.....but as soon as the characters leave the diner, the entire film falls apart and becomes increasingly silly and unintentionally funny.

• Reece Leonard

★★★½ Watched by Reece Leonard 20 Aug, 2015

Unpredictable, thrilling, and legitimately involving, Miracle Mile may darken in its final moments to its detriment, but the experience as a whole is so genuinely enjoyable that it doesn't really matter all that much.

• cakefactory

★★★★ Added by cakefactory

Pure nightmare fuel. Anthony Edwards meets the girl of his dreams, sleeps through their late-night date, is informed by a chance phone call that nuclear war is commencing and they have 70 minutes to live, and then he spends the rest of the movie trying to find her and escape, while wondering if it's even true.

Not as horrific as Threads, but really has the feeling of a bad dream. The Tangerine Dream score certainly helps. The bluray looks quite good and it's such a fiercely original flick I'd highly recommend it.

• Andrew Draper

★★★ Added by Andrew Draper

Here's a really terrific piece to read after seeing this movie: Love Survives Us by Jessica Ritchey.

• laird

★★★★½ Watched by laird 16 Aug, 2015 3

(ambiguous spoiler alert) Testament to how invested in the characters I was that the ending kind of pissed me off.

There's nothing else quite like this. It's a real diamond.

• Ethan C.

★★★★ Watched by Ethan C. 17 Aug, 2015

This movie was bizarre in a entertaining way. It certain wasn't what I expected, given that the first 10 minutes or so have a very rom-com feel to them. But once the story shows it's true nature, your in for the ride of a lifetime. I'm not sure who to recommend this film to, but if your interested in something peculiar and unexpected, go watch Miracle Mile.