• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★½ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

I find it non-stop action thriller film. It can be considered wonderfully matured sequel to Mission Impossible 1996. Action sequences in the movie take us in its grip. Tom Cruise hasn't aged at all, the rest of the cast has given impressive performance, keeping up with the tone of thrill.

• Si Sharp

★★★ Watched by Si Sharp 16 Dec, 2014

I can't argue with those set-pieces. Skilfully directed and original. However, this franchise leaves me cold. I don't know if it's Cruise's charmless Ethan Hunt. At least that's offset with Simon Pegg's wisecracking sidekick.

I don't think it's the plot contrivances, as they don't bother me with Bond. I just felt tired by the end.

• joelhwa

★★★½ Watched by joelhwa 06 Jan, 2012

7/10: Possibly the best installment, coming second only to the first Mission Impossible (1996) that was directed by Brian De Palma. This time, cartoon director Brad Bird made his first live-action film directorial and he did not disappoint. He created one of the most exhilarating action sequences ever captured on film. The action, excitement and intensity of race-against-time climax just grips on you and doesn't let you go. One word: Impressive.

• Josh Ochoa

★★★★ Rewatched by Josh Ochoa 13 Dec, 2014

Easily the best of the franchise due to Brad Bird's technical prowess and clever wit. Ghost Protocol is a very entertaining and thrilling action movie. The supporting cast really helps elevate the film though the villain leaves a lot to be desired. I really enjoy that kind of team film the series is and with cinematography from Robert Elswit it's absolutely stunning.

• Jack_Lehtonen

★★★★ Rewatched by Jack_Lehtonen 11 Dec, 2014

Ok, I'm sold. One of thew few works of McTiernan-level craft in the genre there's been in ages: shots of breathless ingenuity, a surfeit of visual gags, propulsive momentum. Its formal confidence overcomes many narrative flaws. I must confess that I find the interactions within the new team completely unengaging, but I cared significantly less the second go around.

• Liam Dillon

★★★★ Watched by Liam Dillon 24 Nov, 2014

Thank you, Brad Bird, for the most entertaining film in the franchise to date. Ghost Protocol felt more like a fun adventure than the exercises in dumb over-the-top action that the previous films often felt like. I could have done without the weird, stalkerish ending though.

• AwesomeAverage

★★★★½ Rewatched by AwesomeAverage 06 Dec, 2014

Lots of fun, kick-ass action, stylish, and some great directing from Brad Bird, mission impossible: Ghost Protocol is an awesome action flick!

• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★★★★ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this film is now at your local cinema, well I am very much aware, we are just into 2012 but I think we may have our first contender for action film of the year. I have so much to say about this film, I don't know where to begin, obviously without giving too much of the storyline away. Well some people say the best place to begin is from the start, from the very beginning the atmosphere…

• Steve Grzesiak

★★★★½ Watched by Steve Grzesiak 04 Dec, 2014 13

The Box Office Bashing Season: 2003 to 2014

I bumped American Gangster for this. A decision I'm pleased with.

I've seen it said on a review of Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol that Tom Cruise should keep going with this franchise until his knees give out. I TOTALLY agree. Plus, considering the fact that he doesn't appear to be ageing, he could probably make about 20 more of these before he pops off to see Xenu.

It does help that…

• Jonathan Davies

Watched by Jonathan Davies 25 Dec, 2012

Watched with Dad, Robert, Nick

• jonbonraki

★★★ Rewatched by jonbonraki 29 Nov, 2014

"Tom Cruise Amazes me with all the stunts he pulls off for his missions in this high octane franchise"

• makeyourself85

★★★½ Watched by makeyourself85 03 Jan, 2012

Overall, Ghost Protocol can hang around with Brian De Palma’s M:I for the best film in the Mission: Impossible series. It’s definitely not boring like M:I II was and it’s simpler to watch than M:I III. Brad Bird and the cast refreshed the series by emphasizing teamwork, not taking itself too seriously and making an action film that delivers the thrills while remaining watchable, which is more than enough for the action genre nowadays.

Complete review here: www.yam-mag.com/reviews/film-reviews/mission-impossible-ghost-protocol/