• Jordan Smith

★★★★ Watched by Jordan Smith 26 Feb, 2015

I've only seen one or two episodes of the original TV series, and I haven't seen any of the previous MI films. With that out of the way, I found this one to be a very well-made action film. I know you have to suspend disbelief for this kind of movie, but there was a certain reality to almost everything, I thought. Plus, some of the sequences felt almost Spielbergian in nature. Verdict: Brad Bird is as good at live action as he is at animation.

• dadafi

★★½ Added by dadafi

Out of the closet!!

• Katie

★★★★ Rewatched by Katie 24 Feb, 2015

i've seen this movie way too many times

• Chad Anderson

★★★½ Rewatched by Chad Anderson 18 Feb, 2015

Hyunsook joined in for the last half and noted that she must have seen it recently enough because she remembered a lot of stuff...

We both sweated heavily during the outdoor climb up the Burj Khalifa, which is exactly what happened in the theater, so there is some consistency.

An exciting run and I look forward to more. Whether I like Tom Cruise or not, I guess I am a default fan because I embarrassingly watch and enjoy enough movies with him in them.

• Matt Lavender

★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Lavender 24 Feb, 2015

Join Scientology today for a chance to win a free Adventure Holiday in Dubai

• ZawMine

★★★★ Added by ZawMine

Far better than I expected. Love this film. Like the first MI, I love most of the things about this movie except the villain. The stunts, action scenes, the casts. I love it.

• LastHazza

★★★½ Watched by LastHazza 20 Feb, 2015

How often is the fourth film in the franchise this good? Brad Bird is clearly more than capable in the live action world and all the gadgety-goodness really drives things along. Unfortunately, the film's best set-piece is right in the middle of the film, which leaves the finale feeling a little flat. Still, it's pretty good throughout.

• Ben Garnhum

★★★★ Added by Ben Garnhum

Cool, smart, Mission Impossible.

• Zach Anderson

★★★½ Rewatched by Zach Anderson 14 Feb, 2015

When I first heard that Brad Bird would be venturing into the world of live action filmmaking, I was cautiously optimistic. As a lover of The Iron Giant and a fan of his Pixar work, I wondered how he would translate such magic to the constraints of live action, let alone to the tired Hollywood franchise of Mission Impossible.

As it turns out, Bird basically decided to transpose the style of his animated features rather than reinvent himself. Ghost Protocol

• Tyler Foster

★★★½ Rewatched by Tyler Foster 14 Jan, 2015

Hard to argue with my friend Nooj's contention that the film barely has a story -- Nyqvist seems like he's in ten minutes of the movie -- but it manages to fool the viewer with nonstop entertaining action.

• Gonçalo

★★★½ Watched by Gonçalo 12 Feb, 2015

The action scenes are thrilling and well executed, but the plot is really messy and it's really difficult to understand the villain's motivation.

• Vipin Udayanan

★★★ Watched by Vipin Udayanan 31 Jan, 2015

With cooler gadgets and high voltage action with exquisite locations, Tom Cruise levels up his game as IMF's favourite agent Ethan Hunt in this amazing sequel that clearly lives up to the franchise. Great watch!