• disinvite

★★★ Watched by disinvite 27 Sep, 2014

Big improvement over M:I 3, if for no other reason than that the supporting cast is much better. One problem with the film: it peaks too early. This is an issue shared by all the Mission: Impossible movies. You get three action setpieces, with the second one involving Tom Cruise rappelling into a building or performing some other kind of high-wire routine. But here especially I felt that the third act didn't match up to that central skyscraper sequence. Maybe…

• Luke McGowan

★★★½ Added by Luke McGowan

Replacing the iconic Ving Rhames with Simon Pegg, the cast is considerably weaker than previous instalments. However, brilliant set pieces and heart-stopping action, along with the welcome addition of Jeremy Renner, makes Ghost Protocol a satisfying blockbuster.

• Christopher

★★★★ Watched by Christopher 23 Jan, 2015

• Peter Van Riet

★★★½ Watched by Peter Van Riet 19 Jan, 2015

yay
    more simon pegg

• yaykisspurr

★★★ Watched by yaykisspurr 03 Apr, 2012

I found the story surprisingly well written, nothing new, but at least there were motivations and other sundry elements developed. Saving the world at this point happens every week on NCIS in both LA and on the east coast so its a tad over done.

I loved the gadgets - they made the story fun and innovative. Loved, loved, loved the team aspect . I'd have loved to see the Jeremy Renner character the entire time but I loved how…

• Craig Skinner

Rewatched by Craig Skinner 13 Jan, 2015

The first may be the best of the series but this is by far the most enjoyable. So much of the film can be easily dismissed but the action direction is thrilling and often highly inventive.

• Dan Dan

★★★★ Watched by Dan Dan 14 Dec, 2011

Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol begs for theaters to have mandatory oxygen tanks installed under every seat in the house. It is so full of breathtaking moments of pure adrenaline, humor, and just plain fun that it almost becomes overwhelming. While most modern action films dissolve into a cacophony of sound and visual chaos, Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol proves that form always trumps style, like a shotgun blast to the face.

It has been five years since J. J.…

• Diz Hooper

★★★½ Watched by Diz Hooper 11 Jan, 2015 4

The start of the film, which takes place in Russia, seems a little tired since we've seen Russia as a target for spy action a million times before. However, once the story moves to Dubai, it really picks up speed. It has good action sequences. The motivation of the villain is a bit unclear though.

• Colleen McAleer

★★★★½ Added by Colleen McAleer

not enough masks and too many stunts done by jeremy renner that i would've liked to see tom cruise do

• Philman

★★★½ Rewatched by Philman 09 Jan, 2015

I quite liked it.

• Joyce Heinen

★★★★½ Watched by Joyce Heinen 08 Jan, 2015 2

A lot has changed. In the nineties Tom Cruise was a big star, but that star was not that bright anymore. Not a lot of great movies came on his path, but “Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol” should change all that. And it did.

The movies in the “Mission: Impossible” series were always successful and a hit at the box office. Brad Bird, known from his work at Pixar, decided to direct the fourth installment and with that “Mission: Impossible…

• AfterMovieDiner

★★★ Rewatched by AfterMovieDiner 08 Jan, 2015

I have to say I am lukewarm on this 3rd sequel. I mean I love action Cruise and it's a thrill to see him run, jump, kick and dangle from the world's tallest building but the plot is nothingness, the fact they are disavowed never adds anything to it, Jeremy Renner is bland and Simon Pegg is annoying. There's also some confusing subplot about his wife, some Serbians, Jeremy Renner's character and a Russian prison that doesn't really all tie together.
    Fun for the spectacle but overall, weak sauce.