• Matthew Wooldridge

★★★½ Watched by Matthew Wooldridge 21 Dec, 2011

To think that this series has been going since 1996 is pretty incredible. Back when Pierce Brosnan was James Bond, Val Kilmer was the most recent Batman, and John McClane still had hair. 15 years and three films later we have a much calmer entry, yet with the highest stakes thus far.

In part one we had the mission go sour and corrupted from the traitorous Mr. Phelps. Part two tried to follow the basic TV show formula more closely,…

• Flicker

★★ Watched by Flicker 18 Nov, 2014

Much like "Jack Reacher". Great start, but falls apart after the Kreml Scenes.

• Andrew Nichols

★★★ Added by Andrew Nichols

wasn't as good as the last one.

• Adrian Zachow

★★★★ Watched by Adrian Zachow 08 Apr, 2012

MIGP moves along at a breathless pace, each action setpiece niftier than the next. This time around Cruise and his gang of spies try to stop a crazed genius who has just restarted the Cold War, and seeks to destroy the world through nuclear annihilation. The beautifully lensed adventure takes them from Russia, to Budapest, Dubai, and Mumbai. Animator Brad Bird's live action directorial debut is very good, but shouldn't come as a surprise. The film is as meticulous as the animation process.

• Danny

★★★★ Rewatched by Danny 08 Nov, 2014

Tom Cruise doesn't make bad movies! A hugely successful and entertaining action movie Cruise delivered yet again in this 4th franchise installment (probably the best of the lot).

With Simon Pegg providing some comic relief and Jeremy Renner keeping up with Cruise in his supporting role there was great chemistry between the members of this A-List cast and the fact this film was love story free means this action thriller was kept on point for the duration of the movie!…

• John Winters

★★ Added by John Winters

The stunt on the side of the building is incredible. I remember my hands literally sweatting during the movie because I couldn't help but picture myself doing it. But this movie is a real snooze otherwise. I'm not a big man of the Mission: Impossible franchise in general though.

• Al

★★★★ Rewatched by Al 02 Nov, 2014

I really like this. Saw it again a few days ago and it still holds up.

• Chad Anderson

★★★½ Rewatched by Chad Anderson 03 Nov, 2014

Okay, the Tom Cruise festival continued so long I had to finish grading to this one!

You know, I really like the start in the prison and that is what got me started and carried me through this time. That, plus this being the only English-language movie on TV.

• Chad Anderson

★★★½ Rewatched by Chad Anderson 02 Nov, 2014 3

We seem to be having a Tom Cruise festival today on OCN-What is next? Jack Reacher again?

I watched this while grading midterms and it was a reasonable watch again even though I saw it just a few weeks ago. I sure like the Dubai parts.

The team is very good, with Simon Pegg, Paula Patton, and Jeremy Renner.

• Sherminator101

½ Added by Sherminator101

If I could give this movie any less then a half star I would.

• M Wisnu Pratama H

Rewatched by M Wisnu Pratama H 30 Oct, 2014

Never getting bored for watching this movie. really.

• Daniel Webb

★★★½ Rewatched by Daniel Webb 29 Oct, 2014

GHOST PROTOCOL has a great chase sequence during a Dubai sandstorm that features some of Tom Cruise's best running. However, third time around now for me, and I find this fourth instalment of MISSION IMPOSSIBLE doesn't sustain my interest all the way to the end.

I think it might be a tie between Brad Bird and J.J. Abrams, putting De Palma slightly ahead. It has been more than ten years since I've seen John Woo's part, so no idea where to place him.