• Zach

★★★★ Added by Zach

Best one out of the series. It helps that Brad Bird is a fantastic director who gave a second wind to a forgettable franchise. Bird makes a huge leap from directing some of animation's greatest movies to a live action big budget action movie. It helps that Ghost Protocol saw Tom Cruise return to the spotlight and a great supporting class. Everything is great about this movie, the stunts, the writing, the action, the characters, the direction, but not the…

• Joe

★★★★ Rewatched by Joe 15 Apr, 2014

The entire final action sequence happened in places that only exist in action movie climaxes.

• Chevalier

★★ Added by Chevalier

No idea why this got so much love, when it's an average at best action film. Maybe without Cruise i would like this a bit more.

• Dutchmarvel

★★★½ Watched by Dutchmarvel 21 May, 2013

The first movie i watching on BD. Liked it more then Mi3.

• Charlie Derry

★★★½ Watched by Charlie Derry 01 Apr, 2014

A franchise that gets better and better with every film, as this is now my favourite out of the four. The cast is improving with the addition here of Simon Pegg and Jeremy Renner, and I also enjoyed Léa Seydoux's role after recently watching Blue Is The Warmest Colour.

• Simon Abrams

★★★★ Rewatched by Simon Abrams 09 Apr, 2014

The problem with using this movie as background noise is it's too good to be ignored. That is, the set pieces are so fucking assured, the cast is so good, and (within individual scenes) the pacing is so good that...it's impossible to not get sucked in. Brad Bird for God Emperor of American Action Cinema.

• scotts2323

★★★ Watched by scotts2323 09 Apr, 2014

It was eh. Tom Cruise looked old in this film. I wanted more.

• Suzanne Moses

★★½ Rewatched by Suzanne Moses 30 Mar, 2014

I needed a mindless action flick that I could laugh at in order to distract me from some physical discomfort. This was my first encounter with Renner, and fit the bill.

Now of course I have to go back and rewatch the whole series. Whee.

• Eric

★★★★ Watched by Eric 22 Dec, 2011

Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol will most be remembered for the scaling of Burj Khalifa, an impressive, vertigo-inducing stunt that is directed to be a short film of its own. Harold Lloyd’s Safety Last! comes to mind during the sequence and, indeed, what makes the film successful is the way that director Brad Bird toys with the audience’s anxieties while offering just enough humor for relief. As Tom Cruise climbs the building, one obstacle after the other is placed in…

• Jon Wells

★★★½ Watched by Jon Wells 29 Mar, 2014

A pretty solid globe-trotting spy action thriller. If you expect anything deeper than grave threats to the world, high tech gadgets and big explosions then you have the wrong set of expectations for these kinds of films. Tom Cruise still has his action swagger as IMF agent Ethan Hunt going on here, but the supporting cast is decent as well. And while I know IMF stands for Impossible Missions Force, I still chuckle thinking of the International Monetary Fund having killer assassin spies.

• Michael Schmidt

★★★★ Rewatched by Michael Schmidt 26 Mar, 2014

Nett. Besser als beim ersten Mal.

• Matt Thomas

★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Thomas 27 Mar, 2014

Another enjoyable entry to the series. It gets a little bogged down in the 'plot', but the lighter tone is welcome and the better written support team of Pegg-Patton-Renner works so much better than that of Part 3.