• Christian Katzorke

★★★½ Watched by Christian Katzorke 20 Apr, 2014

Works great as a popcorn movie, but fails to be an intelligent politically important thriller. For those that do not care (including me) will get a good, thrilling, entertaining action with few jokes (thanks to Simon Pegg) and an over the top super cool Tom Cruise - did not work, but he IS Ethan Hunt, so what.

• Daniel Charchuk

★★★ Rewatched by Daniel Charchuk 17 Jan, 2012

Watched it again in IMAX just ‘cause. And the action scenes (especially Tom Cruise scaling the Burj Khalifa in Dubai) are simply spectacular in the extra-large format.

The rest of the movie is mostly nonsense, connected by three or four good set-pieces, but at least it’s entertaining nonsense. Except for the end, which is just corny as hell.

• Roger Joseph Ebert

★★★★½ Added by Roger Joseph Ebert

Tricky enough in concept alone. But it has been claimed that Cruise "insisted on doing his stunts himself." Say what? The character Ethan Hunt is seen like a human fly clinging to glass, thousands of feet in the air, and you're telling me we aren't looking at CGI? If that's really Tom Cruise, he seems like a suitable case for treatment.

If it is or isn't, the sequence is one of the most spellbinding stretches of film I've seen. In…

• Daniel Charchuk

★★★ Watched by Daniel Charchuk 29 Dec, 2011

It's certainly solid, but by no means the best of the franchise (and certainly not the best action movie of the year). The big set pieces - Moscow, Dubai, Mumbai - are undoubtedly impressive, but everything in between just feels shallow and perfunctory. Which some might say is a trademark of the series, but at least the first and third ones had a complex, interesting plot; this barely has a forward narrative. The opening, in particular, just feels cheap and…

• Alberto del Rio Medina

★★★★ Watched by Alberto del Rio Medina 11 Apr, 2014

Brad Bird, me imagino que sabía en lo que se estaba metiendo cuando su primero proyecto, alejado de la animación, es una película de la serie, Misión Imposible. Lo digo, porque solamente en sus primeros 40 minutos hay más acción y diversión que en las más recientes películas de superheroes.
    Ahora, si en su momento Stanly Kubrick logra pasearnos por toda esta estampa del posible futuro, con una película de dos horas de duración y con 40 minutos de dialogo,…

• Peter Cameron

★★★½ Watched by Peter Cameron 13 Apr, 2014

Why isn't Josh Holloway in more films? I would be so up for him becoming Hollywood's next go-to action star

• Aaron Hammond

★★★★ Rewatched by Aaron Hammond 19 Apr, 2014

As much as I love this movie, I feel like it's a partial missed opportunity because it treats its villain like a McGuffin. If you had someone like say, Philip Seymour Hoffman's character from MI3, this could've been the best action movie since "Die Hard."

But what we did get is the closest in spirit to Indiana Jones that any modern action movie has gotten (this includes "Cyrstal Skull"). These set pieces flat-out rock, Brad Bird gives this film an…

• Jordan Harper

★★★ Watched by Jordan Harper 19 Apr, 2014

Of all the action movie franchises of the last 20 years, I probably dislike Mission Impossible the least (Bourne excepted). It's just as excitable, ridiculous and riddled with improbably convenient gadgetry as ever, but this fourth MI movie seemed to take itself a little less seriously and have more fun with it.

Solid entertainment from Bird & Co.

• Zach

★★★★ Added by Zach

Best one out of the series. It helps that Brad Bird is a fantastic director who gave a second wind to a forgettable franchise. Bird makes a huge leap from directing some of animation's greatest movies to a live action big budget action movie. It helps that Ghost Protocol saw Tom Cruise return to the spotlight and a great supporting class. Everything is great about this movie, the stunts, the writing, the action, the characters, the direction, but not the…

• Joe

★★★★ Rewatched by Joe 15 Apr, 2014

The entire final action sequence happened in places that only exist in action movie climaxes.

• Chevalier

★★ Added by Chevalier

No idea why this got so much love, when it's an average at best action film. Maybe without Cruise i would like this a bit more.

• Dutchmarvel

★★★½ Watched by Dutchmarvel 21 May, 2013

The first movie i watching on BD. Liked it more then Mi3.