• Frank Knezic

★★★★ Rewatched by Frank Knezic 19 Jul, 2015

4.25/5

• Collin

★★★½ Watched by Collin 26 Jul, 2015

Lea Seydoux deserved better!! But really I thought I'd like this more. But, the scenes at the Burj Khalifa are some of the best scenes of the series. After those scenes, it started to go downhill. A lot of the action scenes towards the end were over the top and lasted way too long.

• Bryan Strang

★★★½ Rewatched by Bryan Strang 28 Jul, 2015

Everyone else in the theater really believed they were getting to see Rogue Nation two days early for $5 with ten other people. And then they were all way into it when that wasn't the case. So dreams do come true.

P.S. That briefcase ending is the most cartoony thing Brad Bird's ever done.

• Peter Senay

★★★★½ Rewatched by Peter Senay 28 Jul, 2015

Gearing up for MI:5!

This is still the only Mission Impossible movie I've seen... Embarrassing to admit. So, I'm sure there is backstory and history that would make this even better.

That being said, it's fantastically entertaining without that. Ambitious action set pieces, fast pace, beautiful locales, and a team of characters that bounce off each other well.

The only drawbacks are the rather uninteresting villain, and the lull after the terrific Dubai sequence - I think having that as the finale and the car elevator in the middle would have allowed it to escalate to a grand climax.

• Tristiac

★★★½ Rewatched by Tristiac 28 Jul, 2015

Tom Cruise gets a lot of flack for being a Nutso McCrazypants, but we should thank our lucky stars we have a movie star bonkers enough to perform his own death defying stunts for our entertainment, in his 50s no less.
    The film is solid except for the fact that the setpieces are in the wrong order and it peaks in the middle. The shifting parking garage bit is cool and all, but it's a disappointing climax coming after the Burj Khalifa scene.

• Joseph Blackwell

★★★★ Rewatched by Joseph Blackwell 28 Jul, 2015

Rewatching this in preparation for the new entry, I still think that Ghost Protocol stands as the most fun entry in the series. It manages to mix the over the top espionage action that has been a mark of the series (pushed to it's absolute worst depths in the second instalment) and a tone that isn't too serious, making for a very entertaining popcorn flick.

Though I have had misgivings about Tom Cruise in the past, but there is no…

• Concertina

★★½ Watched by Concertina 28 Jul, 2015

Buenas escenas de acción, un pésimo actor protagonista, chistes recurrentes, un pésimo actor protagonista.

Muy larga para película de acción y un pésimo actor protagonista.

• Derek Diercksmeier

★★ Watched by Derek Diercksmeier 28 Jul, 2015 1

Extensively disappointing considering just how popular it is, Ghost Protocol is blandly conventional and slickly vacuous. It never aspires to anything more than a cool action movie, but it never really engages you in the action. Some scenes are rather well-staged, but neither the story nor characters are interesting enough to make it work. From that awfully standard score to the clichéd dialogue, it all just feels monotonous. I am not likely to ever understand the appeal of Brad Bird. However, the upcoming Rogue Nation does have some genuine potential because of Christopher McQuarrie.

• Rodney Terrell

★★★★ Rewatched by Rodney Terrell 28 Jul, 2015

ROAD TO ROGUE NATION PART 4:Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol

This may be the best and truest sequel to the first MI film, it's fun and all the action films are top notch and built on suspense and tension and not just shoot em up or hand to hand combat scenes although it does have that stuff in spades. What's great and different about this sequel is it's not just Cruise's show, the team here is very important and some…

• chefbryardee

★★★★½ Rewatched by chefbryardee 25 Jul, 2015

Great movie Tom Cruise is a G

• Andrew Ford

★★★★½ Rewatched by Andrew Ford 28 Jul, 2015

The entire sequence in Dubai - from scaling the Burj Khalifa to the car chase through the dust storm - is an unparalleled series of escalating action set pieces. The rest of the film is good, but that stretch is nothing short of divine. This gets the superlative: this is the best Mission Impossible film. As good as M:I:III was upon revisiting it, this trumps it at every turn.

• markmooney

★★★★ Rewatched by markmooney 28 Jul, 2015

Brad Bird's addition to the series is a well crafted and entertaining blockbuster with Tom Cruise, Simon Pegg, Jeremy Renner and Paula Patton.