• Jeramy Wainwright

★★★★½ Watched by Jeramy Wainwright 07 Jul, 2015

Tom Cruise is the movie star of the millennium. We are not worthy.

• SammyBronkowitz

★★★★ Watched by SammyBronkowitz 11 Aug, 2013

I gotta say that this is the most fun I ever had while watching a Tom Cruise movie. Its mix of light hearted fun and spectacular spectacle felt like one of these AMBLIN productions from the 80s, that we love so much. Tonally it’s really much closer to an INDIANA JONES movie, than any of the previous M:I ones. (I guess it helped that Brad Bird really worked with Spielberg in the 80s.)

Does it re-invent the spy genre? Definitely…

• drpritch

★★★ Watched by drpritch 01 Apr, 2012

As silly as the rest of the series, but not without entertainment.

• stu_shepherd

★★★★½ Rewatched by stu_shepherd 28 Jun, 2015

Brad Bird uses his animation background to create a live action cartoon with inventive set pieces and a great sense of humour. The best of the series.

• mook

★★★ Rewatched by mook 04 Jul, 2015

Not quite as good as I remembered.

There's certainly several good set-pieces and lots of humour. However there's some dodgy effects and it lacks any real emotion to justify the 2 hour + running time.

• cakefactory

★★★½ Watched by cakefactory 03 Jul, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

This seems to be the overwhelming favorite for the series, but I was kind of unimpressed. It most definitely has the best and most non-stop action scenes of the bunch, but it's sort of a step back from 3's attempt to introduce a personality to the Ethan Hunt character. Maybe they realized it was unsuccessful since he's so boring and just went for broke here, but I did think it was missing the kind of presence that Michelle Monaghan brought…

• bbbgtoby

½ Watched by bbbgtoby 03 Jul, 2015 3

It wasn't until the opening credits played after the pre-credit sequence that I realised that for the past fifteen minutes or whatever I was supposed to have been excited by a tension fuelled extravaganza that got me hooked on the movie that I was about to watch. Sadly this wasn't the case and it went downhill from there as the movie became very stupid and quite interminable. Tom Cruise looks really creepily weird in this too.

• Maxance Vincent

★★★★★ Added by Maxance Vincent

Man, seeing this film with an IMAX adpater, the way it was meant to be seen, gave me the chills. The Burj Khalifa scene alone is worth installing the Sidecut ZOOM format to reformat it the way it was meant to be seen. Brad Bird's best film.

• André Pedrassi

★★★½ Watched by André Pedrassi 01 Jul, 2015

In action scenes, the film is better than the last for him
    B
    ut I found the story a little bit weaker than M.I: 3

• Joe Uessem

★★★★ Rewatched by Joe Uessem 01 Jul, 2015

DUH-DUH!

• Billy Cahill

★★★★ Rewatched by Billy Cahill 30 Jun, 2015

Rousing climax unfortunatly comes with an hour left on the clock

• mahandhi

★★★ Rewatched by mahandhi 30 Jun, 2015

Spannend, goed geacteerd, entertainend. Vakkundig gemaakt. Cinema-film.