• Declan Hayes

★★½ Added by Declan Hayes

Tom Cruise invites us along on the 4th installment of the Mission Impossible franchise and it leaves me both amazed and disappointed.

The story has Cruise and his IMF team disavowed after they are lured in to The Kremlin under false pretenses and an explosion which destroys a large part of the building is laid at their door. From here on in, the team, Ethan Hunt (Cruise), Brandt (Jeremy Renner), Benji (Simon Pegg) and Jane (Paula Patton) task themselves with…

• fatpie42

★★★½ Watched by fatpie42 16 Jun, 2012

The plot feels a bit by the numbers but the way everything unfolds is undoubtedly expert and there's a great sense of fun throughout. Still, there are particular action scenes which are quite remarkable not because of the level of firepower involved, but because of the way complex movements are portrayed clearly and simply. The most obvious example of this takes place in an automated parking lot with lots of moving parts, views from wing mirrors, long drops, etc. All…

• dave

★★★½ Watched by dave 14 Sep, 2014

the best of the mission impossible bunch. i really enjoyed this one. i see ethan is back to the emo haircut, which is funny. but at least this one had a decent fucking plot. nuclear destruction, worth risking your ass over. the graphics and stunts were cool, the story good and the acting better than usual when it comes to the mission impossible movies. if youre going to see any of them this is the one.

• Jonathan Gadd

★★★★ Rewatched by Jonathan Gadd 14 Sep, 2014

Great fun

• funsohng

Added by funsohng

Brad Bird revives the shaky series to its destined glory with great direction, intense set-pieces and interesting characters.

• John Connor

★★★ Watched by John Connor 15 Dec, 2011

Bird directed 'The Incredibles', my favourite Pixar movie, so I had reasonably high expectations going in to this. And in terms of the action sequences, he delivered in spades: they were beautifully choreographed, shot, and edited. Unfortunately the bits in between the action scenes were rote, unadventurous and dull, never tapping into any emotion whatsoever. Expect to be wowed, then bored, then wowed again all the way through. (And can we please never have another villain whose motivation is 'I just want to watch the world burn, mwa-ha-ha! It was old twenty years ago.)

• ayane

★★★ Watched by ayane 05 Sep, 2014

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol was a cool film. It was massively impressive, and doesn't ever feel like 133 minutes (it feels much shorter). It's fun, it's flashy, it's got a star-studded cast and enough parkour to make you motivated enough to hit the gym (maybe). It's also kind of forgettable, maybe because there have been so many mission impossible films already (well actually, only four).

It's still a majorly cool adrenaline rush.

• Sam Donchess

★★★★½ Rewatched by Sam Donchess 07 Sep, 2014

Everything in this movie just works. Maybe it trips up once or twice, but by the time you notice, the film has already moved onto its next amazing setpiece. Thanks for always delivering the goods, Mr. Bird.

• StarklyReviews

★★★ Rewatched by StarklyReviews 06 Sep, 2014

Tommy…… TOMMY…….. Tom, seriously…. Tom. You're getting too old for these films. No. You are officially too old in this, it freaks me out, I catch myself staring at your facial structure and jowls in an extremely distracting manner, I thought I was going insane. One moment you look like you haven't aged a bit the next you look 60. It's fucking creepy dude, stop it. Stop. Just age backwards ten years and stay that way.

As for the film. Sets. Sets sets set designs and sets. Good fun.

• TobiasL

★★★ Watched by TobiasL 05 Sep, 2014

MI still delivers although far better on the big screen.

• Ramón Calderón

Watched by Ramón Calderón 29 Aug, 2014

Similar to Mission: Impossible III in its intentions, combining classic spy films with the spectacular action and fast pace of today's action movies, and also similar in tone besides an extra touch of humor. Although it's not a major complaint, the end feels like a poor cliché to me, cheesy and quite terrible for my taste, but I guess it should be expected in a big-budget film like this one that tries to reach a very broad audience. I personally found the third film more engaging and liked it more overall.

• willmoviefan97

★★★★½ Rewatched by willmoviefan97 01 Sep, 2014

An extremely entertaining and impressively crafted action film as well as my favorite of the franchise thus far with easily the best action sequences of the series. Unlike the previous installments, this actually puts the entire team front and center rather than just purely focusing on the Ethan Hunt character and gives them some real depth. A weak villain and a occasionally convoluted plot are the minor issues that keep me from giving it a 5, but still this was…