• GurrenCharlie

★★★★ Watched by GurrenCharlie 03 Sep, 2015

Yup, I juuust watched it. Preparation for Rogue Nation.

• Paul Wood

★★★★ Rewatched by Paul Wood 28 Aug, 2015

So, after the lacklustre and rather dull third entry, Brad Bird delivers, in my opinion, the strongest in the series since the original movie.
    Bringing a strong comic book sense to proceedings, we have over the top gadgetry in abundance, together with two of the best action setpieces I've ever seen in any action/spy movie.
    Cruise is dependable as ever, this time with more wit and lightness of touch, while his supporting team all fill the gaps nicely, especially a…

• Craig Dawson

★★★★ Rewatched by Craig Dawson 10 Aug, 2015

The IMF is shut down when it's implicated in the bombing of the Kremlin, causing Ethan Hunt and his new team to go rogue to clear their organization's name.

Second time watch of the fourth film in the franchise, and in many ways it's the best of the bunch. Set pieces are great and gadgets such as the fake wall are fantastic if completely ridiculous..

Not everything is perfect, Paula Patton is pretty bad and has the worst on screen…

• Conan Tan

★★★★½ Watched by Conan Tan 08 Apr, 2015

The best of the franchise yet. It showed that Brad Bird can direct live action as well as he does animation. It had the right amount of tension and comedic moments.

• IShotJR

★★★½ Watched by IShotJR 21 Aug, 2015

"The Secretary is dead. The President has invoked Ghost Protocol. We're shut down. No satellite, safe house, support, or extraction. The four of us and the contents of this car are all that remains of the IMF."
    -Ethan Hunt

67%

• omerrberk

★★★★½ Added by omerrberk

in cinema

• Elvis Rodrigues

★★★★½ Rewatched by Elvis Rodrigues 30 Aug, 2015

Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) é resgatado de uma prisão russa pelos agentes Benji Dunn (Simon Pegg) e Jane Carter (Paula Patton), e logo se vê envolvido em uma trama onde o terrorista Kurt Hendricks (Michael Nyqvist) deseja ativar mísseis nucleares russos e para tal precisa de uma maleta de ativação, que se encontra no Kremlin, dos códigos, roubados pela ladra francesa Sabine Moreau (Léa Seydoux), e do acesso a um satélite, como o do magnata indiano Brij Nath (Anil Kapoor).…

• Lars-Toralf Storstrand

★★★½ Added by Lars-Toralf Storstrand

Rock-a-bye, baby on a tree top

• Juggzy Malone

★★★½ Watched by Juggzy Malone 30 Aug, 2015

Went to watch this because I hadn't seen it, dropping out slightly bored half-way through the second Mission Impossible film, and my accidental but glorious viewing of Rogue Nation had me intrigued by the Simon Pegg character - Benji Dunn.

Now the reason that RN was so good was because it didn't take itself seriously, and a large part of that was the very believable but funny relationship between Cruise and Pegg. I had, also, in the wee dark hours…

• marstersgirl

★★★★ Added by marstersgirl

Haven't seen the latest yet, but so far my favourite in the franchise.

• nrbeaton

★★★½ Watched by nrbeaton 29 Dec, 2011

Spectacular action sequences but let down by poorly-developed side plots.

• Alberto Farina

★★★ Watched by Alberto Farina 22 Aug, 2015

After firing Cruise from the "Mission: Impossible" franchise in 2006, Paramount welcomes him back home but pairs Ethan Hunt with a newcomer (Renner) who could take over the series. M:I-3 helmer Abrams bows back into the producer's chair allowing Bird his first live-action feature - after a brilliant decade in animation that visibly rubs off "Ghost Protocol"'s most imaginative action sequences. The vertigo-inducing stunt in Dubai's Burj Khalifa skyscraper provides the most memorable set-piece, but Cruise fighting off villain Nyqvist in an underground, automated garage gives back some of the joyful inventive of Looney Tunes cartoons.