• GooglyEyes

★★★★½ Rewatched by GooglyEyes 29 Mar, 2015

Ha ha....you probably thought that this movie was going to be monster this and monster that. Believe me, I did, as well.

In Monsters, a NASA spacecraft carrying samples of alien life has broken up over Mexico, and infected the area. A cynical journalist is tasked with escorting a shaken American tourist through the infected zone to safety.

Now, if you've heard of this movie, you probably have heard the bad reviews of this movie. People wanted more monsters, more…

• george procakis

★★★½ Added by george procakis

this is NOT a monsters' film

• Thomas Williams

★★★ Added by Thomas Williams

Monsters is a cross between District 9 and Lost in Translation as it is a contemplative piece about two people thrown together in a foreign environment ... that just happens to be overrun with an alien species.

It is explained at the beginning of the film that NASA discovered life in the solar system some 6 years ago and a probe was launched to collect samples; but that probe crashed upon re-entry over Mexico. The film takes place in the…

• Jon Hillman

★★ Added by Jon Hillman

The monsters in "Monsters" were similar to the zombies (excuse me, walkers) in the later seasons of "The Walking Dead", in that they quickly ceased to be the focus and became merely minor annoyances in the background of a soap opera. Here, we're asked to pay more attention to the characters and their journey together, but the problem is that the two people really aren't that interesting. At all. Seriously. They both could have died, and I would not have…

• Riccardo Porta

★★★½ Watched by Riccardo Porta 24 Mar, 2015

Love in the Times of Monsters Invasion.

• RobWilson

★★ Watched by RobWilson 18 Jul, 2013

Watched (2010) "Monsters". It's been 6 years since the NASA shuttle crashed in Mexico. On the shuttle were samples of possible alien life. Now those samples are alive and doing quite fine. There is a quarantined area where massive walls were built between US & Mexican boarder. According to IMDB trivia,Director/Writer Gareth Edwards (from the UK) says this movie has no "boarders" subtext. So what you have is two people over the boarder trying to get back home. It's kind of a dull road movie. "Planes,Trains,& Automobiles" minus comedy (but add giant sqiuds!). It's not a horrible movie it's just not very entertaining.

• Joe DiCanio

★★½ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 22 Mar, 2015 1

Rating: C

• revchu

★½ Watched by revchu 21 Mar, 2015

Reeaally could've used some monsters.

• FilmEgg

★★★ Rewatched by FilmEgg 17 Mar, 2015

Intriguing story let down by a bland and poorly written female lead

• Obistrike

★★★½ Watched by Obistrike 17 Mar, 2015 3

The essay before the dissertation, kick around before the game, beer nuts before the booze or cheese sticks before the pizza. You get my drift!

I was pretty gripped for the first hour and though my involvement waned towards the final third, you cant fault the zero budget effort to create a good looking, well acted, intense little sci-fi drama. The couple are excellent and the evolution of their relationship is nice and natural. The guerrilla approach to photographing the…

• Scott W. Black

★★½ Rewatched by Scott W. Black 15 Mar, 2015

Still don't give much of a shit about the relationship between McNairy and the cute blonde girl with the pixie hair cut. And that's pretty much all this movie is about. It's certainly not about monsters from outer space.

• derpzerplin

★★ Watched by derpzerplin 15 Mar, 2015

While I don't typically seek out monster movies in general, I had heard good things about Monsters (and the shoestring budget it was created on). I'm also a sucker for post-apocalyptic settings, so this sounded like it might be up my alley. Unfortunately, I couldn't bring myself to care about the characters or anything that did (or didn't?) happen.