• Ceres Miranda

★★★½ Added by Ceres Miranda

Interessante mistura de ficção com filme de monstro. Inova na perspectiva de abordagem da relação homem-animal.

• mirsik

★★★ Added by mirsik

For a low budget sci-fi flick it's pretty well done and the film definitely has a plot that you probably haven't encountered before. I think if the filmmakers had more resources this could have been an incredible movie, but they certainly saved the little money they had for CGI on the end scenes with the alien creatures. This film probably gets a little too much love for what in the end was a slightly above average offering.

• jto111

★★★★ Added by jto111

A terrific character focused sci-fi from director Gareth Edwards.

• Nowell

★★★★★ Watched by Nowell 26 Jan, 2016

I may need to rethink my disdain for Gareth's Godzilla, now. This film is really great. It is obviously done on a shoe string, but that ads to the glee of seeing it defy expectations. I'm seriously crushing on every Scoot McNairy performance I see too.

• Daniel Lee

★★½ Watched by Daniel Lee 23 Jan, 2016

Really well shot and reasonably well acted, but...nothing really happens.

They're traveling, then they're traveling some more, then they're traveling even more. Then they kiss. The end.

• Owen Greenwell

★★★½ Watched by Owen Greenwell 23 Jul, 2011

Fantastic achievement for the budget. Very watchable and believable leads.

• Primer

★★★★ Added by Primer

This isn't as much of a monster movie as it is a roadtrip movie with sci-fi elements and drama elements, and I love it for that.

That stupid ass cliche "monster bonding" thing at the end was stupid.
    I did like the social commentary on immigration. Trump btfo

• Keith Abt

★★½ Added by Keith Abt

Director Gareth Edwards got tapped to helm 2014's "Godzilla" thanks to this indie hit, about an American couple trying to get back into the U.S. -- through a section of Mexico that's crawling with alien invaders. Decent suspense flick that could've used some more monster action, but it's done well in spite of its obviously low budget.

• JaySalahi

★★ Watched by JaySalahi 11 Jan, 2016

C (75)

• Jeroen Admiraal

★★½ Watched by Jeroen Admiraal 10 Jan, 2016

Photographer Andrew is asked by his superiors to escort his boss’s daughter Sam from Costa Rica back to the US. He doesn’t want to, but he’s pressed into it and moody. There is also a bigger problem: the northern half of Mexico is a dangerous “infected area”. A few years before, NASA retrieved alien matter from space, but the space probe crashed along the US-Mexican border, which has now been infected by giant alien monsters that roam the land.

They…

• Paul

★★★★½ Rewatched by Paul 06 Jan, 2016

You practiced laughing?

I am in love with this movie and have been since the first time I watched it. This is my fourth or fifth viewing. There is something so refreshing in its tone. It is very low-key and could just as easily be called "Humans", as the monsters deliberately don't get a lot of screen time. Instead, it is an intimate look at a photojournalist escorting his boss's daughter home to the U.S. from Mexico. Doesn't sound like…

• Anton Reyes

★★★★½ Watched by Anton Reyes 05 Jan, 2016 2

A really well paced, thematically relevant movie about alienation (ha), love and peace. Brilliant how Gareth Edwards is able to make an alien/war film the backdrop for a 'Before Sunrise'-esque romance and a critique of the isolation and separation of possible "threats" to the government.

Why Blomkamp was labeled as the hot, new political/sci-fi director around the early 2010's is beyond me. Edwards clearly knows how to end a story without using a giant robot shooutout.