• Francisco Sanchez Jr

★★★★ Rewatched by Francisco Sanchez Jr 09 Jun, 2015

In 2014 director Gareth Edwards gave us 'Godzilla' a film that even though it had issues I enjoyed. Being a Godzilla fan since I was a child it was great to see that at least an american production with a British director can get the look and sound and feel of 'The King of the Monsters'. I had seen 'Monsters' back when it first came out and did not really think much of it, it did not leave a big…

• DiegoSanchez

★★★ Watched by DiegoSanchez 30 Sep, 2015

Naturaleza vs tecnología!!! ¿Es bueno el progreso? Siempre, ¿Tiene consecuencias? Siempre

• Mathias Eek

★★★ Watched by Mathias Eek 16 Sep, 2015

Well, not as good as I'd hoped, but it had it's moments

• Davith Lecter

Watched by Davith Lecter 15 Sep, 2015 1

No quiero parecer insensible pero esperaba otra cosa. Eso no quiere decir que no sea consciente de lo que la película quiere transmitir, ni que esperara una película simple de monstruos que matan cosas.
    Pero tampoco esperaba que una película que comienza consiguiendo que sienta temor a las criaturas que le dan nombre y que tiene posibilidad de mandar un mensaje convincente, me haga sentir engañado al contarme una historia que me ha resultado aburrida y empalagosa, protagonizada por actores con cero carisma.

• Grorad

Added by Grorad

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Giant octopus making love over a petrol station, while some weird hipster watch it ?

Oh and also, it's a really boring monster movie. But if you got a beard, you're 20 and loooove latte, you should like it.

No problem with that, you should just never express you opinion. EVER.

• Cameron Wayne Johnson

★★★ Watched by Cameron Wayne Johnson 08 Sep, 2015

"Monsters, monsters, monsters in the night; monsters, monsters, monsters in black and white!" It's Blue Öyster Cult, y'all, but never mind the fun rock songs, because it's time to get serious, as this isn't your kids' adorable "Monsters Inc.". Now, if this is to "Monster" what "Aliens" is to "Alien", I doubt it will be quite as horrifying as its predecessor, because no quantity of ruthless alien invaders can be as soul-chilling as Charlize Theron being turned ugly somehow. That's…

• A.J.

★★★★★ Watched by A.J. 07 Sep, 2015

A gripping, thoughtful film that goes for intensity and character drama rather than boring action sequences.

• Roman Petrov

★★★½ Added by Roman Petrov

Lovely focus on atmospherics over conventional uses of tension.

• Bill Thompson

★★★ Rewatched by Bill Thompson 05 Sep, 2015

Liked this more on a rewatch. Still think it plays a little too loose with character development. But, the world building is the draw and it is done quite well.

• Jake Yardley

★★★½ Watched by Jake Yardley 04 Sep, 2015

A pretty standard monster movie. At least this was stable. Felt characters lacked depth and were kinda 2D.

• Magdiel Jobad

★★★★ Added by Magdiel Jobad

Dirigida y escrita por Gareth Edwards (Godzilla) con un presupuesto de $500,000, y protagonizada Scoot McNairy (Argo, Non-Stop, Batman V Superman) y Whitney Able (Everything Will Happen Before You Die) tenemos esta película con un título que es mejor ignorar la primera vez que la ves, ya que realmente no trata de monstruos. Me explico. Pensar que una película llamada Monsters va a ser un filme de horror como Cloverfield (2008) o espectaculo de Sci-fi como Godzilla (2014) sería algo…

• Anthony

Watched by Anthony 27 Aug, 2015

On an abstract level, I appreciate that Monsters looks good despite the fact that it was made on a shoestring budget. As a viewer, I don't much care what it cost. Similarly, I appreciate that Monsters takes risks by defying genre expectations, focusing more on the indie romance between the two principals than the monsters and the action. As a viewer, I go into a movie called Monsters sort of hoping to see... monsters. I'm just not in the headspace…