• Timothy Semenza

★★★★ Rewatched by Timothy Semenza 29 Dec, 2013

Less engaging the second time around, further cementing that Wes Anderson's compositions need to be seen on the big screen to truly be appreciated.

Watched at my parent's house with family.

• Adam Pryor

★★★★★ Rewatched by Adam Pryor 24 Sep, 2014

Noticed so much more to this second time around.

• mdiamandis

½ Watched by mdiamandis 16 May, 2012

horseshit

• PatrickRipoll

★★★★★ Added by PatrickRipoll

Pure pleasure.

• Dominic Cobb

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dominic Cobb 24 Sep, 2014

Gathering tropes and similarities in Wes Anderson films for a tribute video. Anything that occurs in four Wes Anderson films or more qualifies.

Here are the ones I found in this film:
    Addressing Audiences, Animation, Beloved Pets, Bill Murray, Binoculars, Cameos for Him and His Brother, Cemetery Scenes, Chase Scenes, Dancing, Dead Family Members Mentioned, Dead Pets, Distinct Costumes, Exercising, Explosions, Horrible (non-fatal) Injuries, Jason Schwartzman, Magazine/Book Focus, Motorcycles, Pocket Knives, Recording, Shaving, Slo-Mo, Smoking, Snapping Fingers, Speaking over Radio, Vinyls, The Wilsons (as actors), Wunderkinds

• Henrik Wilhelmsson

★★★★ Watched by Henrik Wilhelmsson 23 Sep, 2014

Wonderful, but not Wes Andersons best.

• Tresc

★★ Added by Tresc

The annoying thing about Moonrise Kingdom is that it's adult drama filtered through children. They talk like adults and they behave like adults.That is, until the plot requires them to do differently. When the little boy demonstrates some dry wit or laconic observations, we're supposed to find that extra endearing because he's little. Nah, doesn't do much for me.

Films like The Tree of Life, Let the Right One In and We Are the Best! all show their kid characters…

• Lucamiras

★★★★½ Watched by Lucamiras 23 Sep, 2014

Rarely have I seen such perfect casting for such exaggerated characters in such a unique story and my favorite kind of humor. Yup, Anderson.

• Yves Perret

★★★½ Watched by Yves Perret 22 Sep, 2014

• Franco Reda

★★★★ Watched by Franco Reda 02 Jul, 2012

Fun and quirky. I liked Edward Norton's character at the time, but then when it was the same character in Grand Budapest I was kinda disappointed.

• mattsdad

★★★½ Watched by mattsdad 20 Sep, 2014

A movie in the Wes Anderson tradition, quirky characters, interesting dialog and amazing visuals. I found the relationship between the lead 12 years olds only mildly interesting, it was the Khaki Scouts and the adults that drew me in. Tilda Swinton as "Social Services" steals the show.

• Windyblue

★★ Added by Windyblue

Warning:
    Gender Essentialism

Incredibly flat acting and I couldn't possibly be more bored.