• sage

★★★★ Watched by sage 19 Dec, 2014

whimsical but scary!! ed norton is so hot....... goodbye!! this is either my favorite or 2nd favorite wes anderson movie now. i think.. maybe i liked it more than grand budapest? but it deffo wasnt as polished so idk. it was rly good tho!!! i liked it a lot

• Arkknight99 Aravind Kriz

★★★★½ Watched by Arkknight99 Aravind Kriz 18 Dec, 2014

After seeing another Wes Anderson Flick..... i strongly feel that adults should grow into kids...and not the other way around.
    A simple tale of young love.
    A beautiful story that echoes through the biggest storm in the 2nd half of the 20th century.
    The kid should go with Bruce Willis, considering the fact that he didn't die even when struck with lightning....and 5 movies didn't kill Bruce Willis either.
    Hehe.
    A must watch for all cinephiles out there.

• Nicholas Janzen

★★★½ Added by Nicholas Janzen

MOONRISE KINGDOM was an absolute delight to watch. Wes Anderson is a director at the peak of his creative powers, emerging with an unprecedented stylistic confidence. Perhaps too quirky for some, however, the more zany and experimental this film became, the more I further enjoyed it and respected it as a result.

Stunningly sun-washed cinematography, an excellent screenplay with dry yet sharp dialogue as well as the genrally exceptional work from the entire cast, both child and adult, positions MOONRISE…

• M G

★★★★★ Rewatched by M G 16 Dec, 2014

"I love you, but you don't know what you're talking about."

• JT Lindroos

★★★★½ Added by JT Lindroos

I was surprised how much I enjoyed this, having been disappointed and bored with Wes Anderson’s films after ROYAL TENENBAUMS. Joyous filmmaking, easy introduction for younger viewers to the true pleasures of cinema beyond cgi-beasts and spandex triggered explosions. My favorite film of 2012.

• Desy

★★★★ Watched by Desy 13 Dec, 2014

La infancia perdida entre familias disfuncionales.

• Dan Corbett

★★★★ Watched by Dan Corbett 14 Dec, 2014

Admittedly, I haven't seen a lot of Wes Anderson's films, but I do plan on remedying that after watching this wonderfully crafted ensemble experience.

• Cassandra Javier

★★★★ Added by Cassandra Javier

It's sooo beautiful. Not just the story, but the way it was made is also on a league of its own.

• Josiah Morgan

★★★★ Watched by Josiah Morgan 14 Dec, 2014 13

I despise Wes Anderson. Not his films. His films are pleasant. I despise his directing style, I despise that while he's an auteur, and a very talented filmmaker, and his films have their own character, that he always distracts. I can never get lost in a Wes Anderson movie because it's Wes Anderson.

Why four stars then? Because Moonrise Kingdom has damn near perfect scripting. I fell in love with this script and this dialogue; but I always felt slightly…

• Reed Gill

★★★★ Watched by Reed Gill 08 Dec, 2014

(7.5/10)
    So there was nothing wrong with Moonrise Kingdom, but there was nothing I really loved about it either (apart from maybe Edward Norton). I felt the movie went on for just a little too long, and the middle of the third act could have been better.

I also would have preferred more focus on Sam and Suzy throughout the movie as they were the basis of the film. The two of them needed a more realistic, more human relationship.…

• sschuster

★★★★★ Added by sschuster

My second favorite Anderson film, after Tenenbaums. Thought this was a great return to form for Anderson, almost like he returned to the Bottle Rocket/Rushmore era.

• Andrew Bemis

★★★★ Rewatched by Andrew Bemis 13 Nov, 2014

"I'm going to change my answer, in fact. This is my real job. Scout Master, Troop 55. I'm a math teacher on the side."