• Tiago Massoni

★★★★ Watched by Tiago Massoni 17 Sep, 2014

Symmetric frames and static cameras in profusion. Nevertheless, there is a lot going on with the very interesting characters. A nice-to-watch weird movie, very Wes Anderson.

• Austin Bryant

★★★½ Watched by Austin Bryant 16 Sep, 2014

I hate myself for saying anything disparaging about Wes Anderson's work - as I believe him to be one of the best directors ever and I love everything about his style... But this is my least favorite of his.

I think it is a testiment to how brilliant he is that THIS is his "worst".

Don't worry - I've already bitten my own tongue.

• Eugene McCrann

★★★½ Added by Eugene McCrann

Wes Anderson's depository of high minded tricks is a sure way to invert Bar Review fatigue, even if I found this to be one of his least funny movies. Everyone else seems to think it's a comparative riot, but I literally laughed three times, the heartiest when Sam and Suzy sway on the beach to Francoise Hardy, acting as if they're Breathless miniatures. Guess I'm not relating to the youthful misunderstanding - I'm missing that idealist prism - but I…

• JC13

★★ Watched by JC13 21 Aug, 2014 2

"We're in love. We just want to be together. What's wrong with that?"- Suzy

Another one from Wes that I didn't like. I really can't explain why, but I guess it has something to do with his style. This film should've been great (considering the cast), but I strongly disliked it. Seriously if someone told me there was a film with Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, Bill Murray, and Harvey Keitel in it I would've been sure I'd love it. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. Even the kids did a great job, but I still couldn't bring myself to like the film. 4.5/10

• bmart17

★★★★★ Rewatched by bmart17 10 Sep, 2014

Film #7 in my “Weekly Wes on Wednesdays” series

The penultimate film in Wes Anderson's current filmography is assuredly one of the more enjoyable in his arsenal. Moonrise Kingdom returns to a theme Wes approached long ago - children. The very delicate relationships between the adults, and specifically parents in this film, and the children is what is at the heart of this film to me.

I also still think Moonrise Kingdom might be the most accessible Wes Anderson film.…

• Lukas

★★ Watched by Lukas 15 Sep, 2014

Dear Wes Anderson,

Are you fucking kidding me!?

Best,
    Lukas

• Abby

★★★★ Watched by Abby 13 Sep, 2014

Hay algo de Wes Anderson que no me termina de gustar, me pone como nerviosa, yo creo que es el ritmo del film o la constante presencia de voz en off; sin embargo no me molesta.
    El manejo tan delicado de situaciones sexuales en el film me encantó.

• Joakim Benum

★★★★½ Watched by Joakim Benum 14 Sep, 2014 2

Mo.. sing no more, kid.

• Funnyguy

★★★½ Watched by Funnyguy 14 Sep, 2014

The quirkely stylished love adventure about two 12 year olds is creative and original, but redundantly empty. Starting with a pretty good first half hour, the story fell in quality the last hour ebbing down to mostly bullshit - Wes Anderson's touch on it was abundantly stylished, positively but also negatively in its lack of substance.

Well made in the cinematography and music department, with an historically enlightning and socially critical story, it creates its own world, leaving the watcher…

• funsohng

Added by funsohng

Wes Anderson has done the impossible: he has made a film about teenagers doing stupid things into an irresistibly charming affair.

• Elias Elias

★★★ Watched by Elias Elias 13 Sep, 2014

I don't know how to review this film, because it wasn't bad, but it is not my cup of tea either...

Certainly the cast was excellent in their performances, but the plot simply was not something I enjoy... (I'm sure it must be my distaste for the boy scout culture, so don't take my review so seriously : P)

• Katrinnn

★★★★★ Watched by Katrinnn 12 Sep, 2014 2

Sam: Poems don't always have to rhyme, you know. They just have to be creative.