• Joel Mayward

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joel Mayward 24 May, 2015

"I love you, but you don't know what you're talking about."

• Cassie Puckett

★★★★★ Watched by Cassie Puckett 24 May, 2015

One of my favorite movies, cutest thing I've ever seen.

• Tim

★★★★½ Watched by Tim 23 May, 2015

Aside from Fantastic Mr. Fox, I have never seen any Wes Anderson films until I watched Moonrise Kingdom. For what it is, this film is unlike anything I have ever seen, and it is very fresh and unique...almost too unique (in the best way possible). Stylistically, this film looks beautiful with exceptionally art directed compositions and wonderfully quirky miniature set designs -- this film feels like an amateur film made in someones back yard. While the acting is deadpan and…

• reilly

★★★½ Rewatched by reilly 23 May, 2015

jason schwartzman is beyond cute in this movie and i totally forgot he was even in it

• Cinemashoppe

Added by Cinemashoppe

Saw with Donna & Justin.

• David

★★★★ Added by David

Wes Anderson. If you like him: "Why haven't you watch this one yet?" If you don't: "Better avoid this one at all costs."
    I for one enjoy the films of Wes Anderson.

• Glenn Dack

★★★½ Rewatched by Glenn Dack 22 May, 2015

What kind of bird are you?

• Patrick D.

★★★★ Watched by Patrick D. 21 May, 2015

"Moonrise Kingdom" is immensely entertaining. All of the performances are top-notch, including the child actors. The movie possesses Wes Anderson's instantly recognizable style; that typically consists of, perfectly symmetrical shots, an extremely witty screenplay, and Bill Murray.

If you don't like Anderson's style, I wouldn't recommend this film. However, if you are a Wes Anderson fan, this is a required viewing. I have now witnessed two of this stylish director's movies, and I have admired both of those films. While I may prefer "The Grand Budapest Hotel", "Moonrise Kingdom" is still a funny, immaculately shot, coming-of-age adventure, that I highly recommend.

Letter Grade: A-

• Nick Doucet

★★★★ Watched by Nick Doucet 17 May, 2015

Still one of Wes Anderson's best movies

• Seth S.

★★½ Watched by Seth S. 19 May, 2015 3

Well, isn’t Moonrise Kingdom just a precious little bundle of joy. I will not be reviewing this movie in full, for fear of sounding like a broken record. As always, Wes Anderson’s filmmaking approach remains impressive, but the power of his story fails to hit home.

With Moonrise Kingdom, the director does attempt to insert some drama and emotional heft into the story, but his affected style prevents any real emotions from bleeding through this doily of a film. All…

• Joseph

★★★ Added by Joseph

Not without an abundance of sweetness and charm, Moonrise Kingdom is a somewhat vanilla affair, with Wes Anderson stuck in deciding whether to create a fantasy world out of his imagination or to focus on the innocence of childhood. Instead, he tries at both and only makes a half-hearted attempt, ignoring the positives of the film, leaving them to one side and instead giving his utmost in a lost battle, of making the scenes between the two young leads watchable,…

• Jon LeGris