• Mycroft Watts

★★★★ Watched by Mycroft Watts 21 Jul, 2014

Wonderfully artificial, meticulously constructed, and symmetrically beautiful, Moonrise Kingdom is not my favourite Wes Anderson film, and his reputation for emotional detachment and deadpan comedy is certainly proven here, but the film has enough of that clockwork dollhouse design to still be an enjoyable watch.

• m_jonesy

★★★★½ Watched by m_jonesy 20 Jul, 2014

Wes Anderson is easily my favourite writer/director, and I find myself enjoying all of his movies. Watching them in reverse is an interesting endeavor, as I find he gets better at his craft as time goes on.

Moonrise Kingdom is superb. Great ensemble cast, and a heartfelt story that will appeal to adults, especially because it is expertly told through the eyes of children.

• ScreeningNotes

★★★★ Rewatched by ScreeningNotes 18 Jul, 2014 4

"I admit we knew we'd get in trouble. That part's true. We knew people would be worried, and we still ran away anyway. But something also happened, which we didn't do on purpose. When we first met each other, something happened to us."

Wes Anderson's films are pretty universally polarizing, but over the years he's managed to carve out a fairly substantial fanbase (of which I would consider myself a part). But none of his films seem to polarize even…

• YOORI

★★★½ Added by YOORI

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Erin

★★★★★ Watched by Erin 07 Jul, 2014

I have yet to not like something directed by Wes Anderson. This movie was perfect.

• Kev.

★★★★★ Watched by Kev. 17 Jul, 2014

Delightful. Let me establish, I fucking hate that word. Delightful, it just doesn't roll off the tongue for me. If I could find another word that I thought perfectly encapsulated this film, I would use it. Sure, enchanting comes very close, but not close enough. Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom is fucking DELIGHTFUL.

This is the fourth Wes Anderson film I've ever seen, and he continues to impress. The directing is top notch. The accuracy of his shots and the picture-perfect…

• m_jennings9

★★★★★ Rewatched by m_jennings9 16 Jul, 2014

I had just seen The Grand Budapest Hotel awhile ago, but this was really my first effort to watch Wes Anderson. And I really fell in love with Moonrise Kingdom. Anderson is an embodiment of that notion that an artist is the child that survived. Moonrise Kingdom is of course seen from the perspective of children and it really gets different levels of the experience of growing up in a way that’s always hard for adult films to capture. Behind…

• Flip

★★★ Watched by Flip 16 Jul, 2014

Lovely. Until the kids escape the second time that is, then it's the trademark Wes Anderson weak plot frantically limping away till the credits roll.

Also why isn't Wes in prison?

• Doktorica

★★★★ Added by Doktorica

prvi film od andersona koji sam gledala <3

• Yuri Vilas Boas

★★★★½ Watched by Yuri Vilas Boas 02 Jul, 2014

Lovely. I cried and smiled a lot. Interesting peculiar characters, as you can expect from Wes Anderson. It's a delightful story about the romance of two "special" kids, and Wes tells it masterfully.

• Dominic

★★★½ Watched by Dominic 14 Jul, 2014

I appreciate this film more than I enjoy it.

• Madi

★★★★½ Added by Madi

Moonrise Kingdom is one of the those movies that's always on one of the movie channels you get on your cable box. And whenever it's on, I will most definitely watch it.
    Not only is it a very beautiful looking movie (it's a Wes Anderson film so you know it's going to look great) but the characters are extremely likeable. This movie shows what's like to be in a relationship at a young age. Another thing I liked was the…