• Will Glover

★★★★½ Rewatched by Will Glover 29 Aug, 2015

First viewing - liked it a lot.
    Second viewing - thought it was ok.
    Third viewing - liked it a lot.

Life is funny like that sometimes...

• Merriweather

★★★★★ Added by Merriweather

Anderson's most unique.

• Carly May

★★★★★ Rewatched by Carly May 25 Aug, 2015

👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit

• Evan Whitford

★★★★½ Watched by Evan Whitford 23 Aug, 2015

Definitely one of Wes Anderson's great works. Great Acting, Great Characters, and a great atmosphere throughout the film. A must watch.

• katakarin

★★★★½ Watched by katakarin 21 Aug, 2015

Part of the fifth scavenger hunt:
    boxd.it/r8mE
    ---
    Loved this movie - one of those that I will end up talking about to try and get everyone to see. Great actors, beautiful sets, Wes Anderson-y directing... Love it.

What really struck me, however, was how this hyper-stylized world felt like my own childhood. Not in that I was anything similar to the characters, but in that everything was in its place, everything had a purpose. I might not agree with…

• BennyWestside

★★★★★ Added by BennyWestside

Aww, young love.

Only Wes Anderson could pull of a scene with two tweens making out and grabbing boob and make it not weird. Well ok it was still weird, but it wasn't that bad.

• Catty_Mills

★★★★★ Watched by Catty_Mills 20 Aug, 2015 3

hmm

• Hana Kraus

★★★★½ Rewatched by Hana Kraus 15 Aug, 2015

Never gets old!

• Mariska

★★★½ Added by Mariska

Watching this movie makes me wanna jump into Wes Anderson's meticulously-designed, pastel-colored universe, to run away and set up a tent at the beach.

Or, joining a Noah's ark play.

• A_lonely_grape

★★★★½ Added by A_lonely_grape

Moonrise Kingdom is deadpan, impossibly well shot, melancholic but most importunely heart felt. My main problem with Wes Anderson, a director I really do like, is that he his sly deadpan style at times can pull away from the emotion he can be so good at creating. His 7th feature is what I think to be his second best work to date, (right behind his masterpiece Rushmore). It's a sweet simple story about two pre-teen falling in love, no deeper meaning or subtext, just a great story with great characters presented by a director who couldn't make a bad looking movie if he tried.

• Sy

★★★★½ Watched by Sy 18 Aug, 2015

I fell in love with the aesthetic and general feel of this film, and in my opinion I think this film is an under-appreciated classic from Wes Anderson. The archetypal Anderson look enhances the film to new heights, and really sells the fairytale storytelling style.

Other notable positive facets of the film include the colour palette to give the film a more cozy campfire spirit.

The narrative structure in the film also made this feel like a Grimm tale coming…

• Jennifer

★★★½ Watched by Jennifer 12 Aug, 2015

"I can't argue against anything you're saying. But then again, I don't have to, 'cause you're 12 years old."

A couple of outcasts fall in love and run away to go camping, and a poor kitty is dragged into the woods in a basket and forced to watch the awkward but sweet budding romance between these two kids.

Bill Murray's role is small, but he manages to have one of my favorite moments in the movie. The color palette and style of Moonrise Kingdom are quite lovely.

I really enjoyed the bit with the weapons.