• Dnl Crnll

★★½ Added by Dnl Crnll

Cute and precious with a few decent cameos but just that.

• cineedo
  • DarknessLingers

★★★★½ Rewatched by DarknessLingers 15 Apr, 2014

Our daughter’s been abducted by one of those beige lunatics! — Walt Bishop

If The Darjeeling Limited was a return to Bottle Rocket, it seems fair to say that Moonrise Kingdom shows glimmers of Rushmore in its subversion of the coming-of-age tale and its subsequent inversion of the maturity paradigm latent in the defining characteristics of age and seniority. Or, to simplify: in both, the young characters act like adults, and the adults act like children. In Moonrise Kingdom, however,…

• Flora

★★★★ Watched by Flora 15 Apr, 2014

Quirky. But I kinda liked it. If more for the visual elements than the narrative per se.

• Erick Restrepo

★★★★ Watched by Erick Restrepo 14 Apr, 2014

Me encanta esa forma surrealista de Wes Anderson de captar a sus protagonistas y paisajes. Aqui nos relata una historia de amor joven, con su inusual comedia y profundo cuidado en las tomas que nos muestra. La banda sonora es excelente y las actuaciones muy acertadas.
    Con muchas más ganas de ver su nuevo trabajo The Grand Budapest Hotel.

• Matthew Stephenson

★★★ Watched by Matthew Stephenson 11 Apr, 2014

Admittedly I was tired and a bit drunk while watching this, but I was struck by how little substance this seemed to have. Sure, it's strikingly beautiful, but that doesn't mean much when I don't care about any of the characters... Will need to re-watch.

• Tyler Featherstone

★★★★ Rewatched by Tyler Featherstone 13 Apr, 2014

Though not my favorite of Wes Anderson's films, "Moonrise Kingdom" is still a fun, quirky adventure following two young lovers as they run away from home, pursued by those who want to keep them apart.

It has the usual stylistic flare of Anderson's previous works, with great use of colour and music. The story, although interesting and funny with the expected wit, falls a little below the bar set by earlier films such as "Rushmore" and "The Royal Tenenbaums".

Wes Anderson consistently delivers great films brimming with all-star casts and sharp dialogue. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't seen it.

• Tommy Wiseau

★★★ Added by Tommy Wiseau

• rvonkampen

Watched by rvonkampen 13 Apr, 2014

I finally succumbed.

Overall, it was not my favorite. I think that it is more towards the end of the Anderson spectrum of being very heavy on aesthetic touches and relatively light on plot. It is no doubt a charming movie, but it seemed more a folly than an epic. It did not help its case (at least with this viewer) that the aesthetic realm that he is working in, 1960s New England WASP/Yankee, is not particularly inspiring to me.…

• fordmadoxfraud

★★ Watched by fordmadoxfraud 10 Apr, 2014

Meh.

• Owen Williams

★★★★½ Watched by Owen Williams 13 Apr, 2014

The colors. The cinematography. The quirky story. Everything was amazing. I can't believe I hadn't seen this before now - Wes Anderson's weird style is always amazing.

• Lyndsey

★★★★½ Watched by Lyndsey 13 Apr, 2014

"I'm sorry."
    "It's not your fault. For which injuries are you apologizing for specifically?"
    "Specifically? Whichever ones still hurt."
    "Those are self inflicted."

Why has it been so long since I watched a Wes Anderson movie? This was great.