• Duck

★★★★★ Watched by Duck 29 Jul, 2014

Wes Anderson shines again with absolutely no flaws. This film captures the coming of age themes while encompassing a great emotional and humorous adventure. The performances of Jared Gilman and Kara Hayword were absolutely phenomenal. The great supporting cast and emotional ride makes this film absolute perfection.

• Luke

★★★★ Added by Luke

So after seeing The Grand Budapest Hotel and loving it, i wanted to watch some more of Wes Anderson's work, and this movie came very highly recommended, so this was my next stop. I expected great things and I was not disappointed.

So i will get my one and only flaw out of the way. I did feel like the FBI were about to come knocking on my door after googling the age's of the child actors in this film.…

• Dominic Cobb

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dominic Cobb 28 Jul, 2014

First draft of marathon review. CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. Needed on this one, it's rather sloppy to be honest.

“I can’t argue against anything you’re saying. But then again, I don’t have to. Because you’re twelve years old.”

Because of Wes Anderson’s distinctive style, many have tried to imitate it, often in comedic ways. They make videos of normal activities or films or even film credits, and describe them as ‘In the style of Wes Anderson’. People comment on these videos, and…

• Julio Almeida

★★★½ Watched by Julio Almeida 27 Jul, 2014

Beautiful, a touching story about escaping your scout camp and running away with the love of your live. Who have never done that? Oh, the youth...

• Dominic Cobb

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dominic Cobb 27 Jul, 2014

If you REALLY know Wes Anderson films, you'll realize that this does not feel like a real Wes Anderson film.

Marathon review coming soon.

• NervousRex

★★★★ Watched by NervousRex 26 Jul, 2014

Set on an island off the coast of New England in the summer of 1965, Moonrise Kingdom tells the story of two twelve-year-olds who fall in love, make a secret pact, and run away together into the wilderness. As various authorities try to hunt them down, a violent storm is brewing off-shore – and the peaceful island community is turned upside down in more ways than anyone can handle.

• MatthewLB

★★★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 25 Jul, 2014

This is the best movie of 2012, I mean the acting and the directing is good.

• grace1096

★★★★★ Added by grace1096

A beautifully crafted film about two odd young runaway lovers and their small New England island community's search for them. The writing and direction for this film are interesting in a good way, and actually led me to become such a fan of Wes Anderson (a lot of his movies are even better than this!!). Bruce Willis and Edward Norton were wonderful in their roles as well. It is one of my favorite movies because it is this intriguing combination of cute, hilarious, and horribly depressing.

• María Y.

★★★½ Watched by María Y. 24 Jul, 2014

Tiene todas las características identificables de Wes Anderson, los diálogos concisos, planos precisos, la fotografía, la música, el ambiente serio cómico de sus tramas y sus personajes angustiantes.

Linda historia de amor, me recordó mucho al estilo usado en Fantastic Mr. Fox

• muff3n

★★★★ Watched by muff3n 21 Jul, 2014

What an interesting movie. As a rookie film enthusiast, I am ashamed to say that this is the first Wes Anderson film that I have watched. This film tells the story of a young boy and girl, who are both looked upon as troubled children by their families. The two plot an runaway together into the wilderness to get away from the world that is rejecting them. The boy is a Khaki scout that has gotten loads of ridicule by…

• Ben B

★★★ Added by Ben B

A young boy flees his summer camp troop to be with a young girl.

• Mycroft Watts

★★★★ Watched by Mycroft Watts 21 Jul, 2014

Wonderfully artificial, meticulously constructed, and symmetrically beautiful, Moonrise Kingdom is not my favourite Wes Anderson film, and his reputation for emotional detachment and deadpan comedy is certainly proven here, but the film has enough of that clockwork dollhouse design to still be an enjoyable watch.