• AustinAnderson

★★★½ Added by AustinAnderson

Moonrise Kingdom might be the weirdest movie I have ever seen. Even though it was weird, I really enjoyed the movie. The humor in this film was very dry,and whenever the characters would say something, they would say what they meant, straight on. One of my favorite scenes in this movie was when the Scout Leader said that "teaching is my main profession and I do scouting on the side, no scratch that scouting is my main profession and I…

• lucas_shigley

★★★★ Added by lucas_shigley

I had seen this movie before and really enjoyed watching it. I'm a big fan of Wes Anderson's movies and his style. Moonrise Kingdom was the second movie I've seen by Wes Anderson, and it's probably my favorite one. I really liked Edward Norton's character in the movie and the storyline of Sam and Susie. I would recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys Wes Anderson's type of style.

• TreyWatson

★★★½ Watched by TreyWatson 06 Oct, 2015

Moonrise Kingdom is a quirky tale of two young lovers who run away together. Wes Anderson's style is evident in every shot. This is both a good and bad thing. For those who love his odd style, they'll love this movie and appreciate all the little things that make it an Anderson film. However, for those who aren't huge fans of the odd quirks and style of Wes Anderson, this movie may overwhelm and distract them from the story. The same oddities that make some love this movie may very well repel others who are not appreciative of them.

• Joe4er

★★★★ Added by Joe4er

If you are into disturbed children and awkward prepubescent sexual content, moonrise kingdom is the movie for you. It makes me wish I had found a violent, privileged girl when I was a kid and had run away with her. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense but the aesthetic is overwhelmingly weird and cool that the fact that the whole plot is unrealistic makes it seem appropriate. Anywas, I've seen the movie three times now so it couldnt have been that bad?

• ConorShaw

★★★½ Added by ConorShaw

Moonrise Kingdom directed by Wes Anderson is a signature film by Anderson that effectively shows his unique style in the film industry. Wes has multiple films in this style yet Moonrise Kingdom may be the most recognizable to many. This film follows the adventure of a boy and a girl both with some sort of conflict that run away together. The films style may be described as ironic in some cases. Overall the movie has both emotional and comedic appeal…

• maddybhaynes

★★★ Added by maddybhaynes

I was only able to watch the last half of Moonrise Kingdom but what i saw of it i liked it. I would really like to watch the whole movie if i get a chnace to. THe movie was very unique, like most Wes Anderson films. This film was not only unique in the way it was writen and shot but the actors were also unique in their style. I liked how the movie was more...artsy...you could say, than some of the other films weve watched in the past.

• jfischer012

★★★★ Added by jfischer012

Moonrise Kingdom is quirky, uncomfortable, and full of pastels. I LOVE IT! I highly recommend this movie to anyone with eyes. The development of characters and maturity of the kids is remarkable because it is almost as if they have switched places. Anderson explores the theme of family dysfunction and young love in this film. I highly recommend this movie because it is a light-hearted, quirky, must see indie-like film.

• abusive_giraffe

★★★★ Added by abusive_giraffe

Moonrise Kingdom is a whimsical tale about two misfit children who fall in love and run away from home. The hilarious innocence of all the children in the film mixed with the "can-do" attitude of Scout Master Ward make for a film experience you don't want to miss. By making you cry, laugh, and cry from laughing, Wes Anderson once again proves his movie-making genius.

• Londoncaldwell3

★★★★½ Watched by Londoncaldwell3 06 Oct, 2015

I loved this awkward but sincere film. Wes Anderson puts his quirky style in the film to make the whole movie come together. You connect with the troubled kids and their hopeful dreams. It makes you feel as if you are that adventurous and hopeful kid you once were. Excellent movie!

• Riley

★★★½ Added by Riley

Moonrise Kingdom is a unique film that manages to stand out as a very deep, thought provoking work. From the very first scene in the movie, you can tell that it is going to be one wild ride, and oh yes it was. The characters stand out as being just what you would expect them to be. The situations, however, are very ironic, and this is what makes the movie so great.

• Ricky Morawski

★★★★ Watched by Ricky Morawski 02 Oct, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

As someone who lives under a rock, it's quite difficult to understand why some people already knew how this film would go simply by hearing the name "Wes Anderson". Now, I understand. This film has such a unique storyline to it, and a quirky storyline challenged only by the likes of films such as Edward Scissorhands. My only dislike I found for the film was the disappointment felt from Sam and Suzie not continuing on beyond where they ended up…

• Thomas Hall

★★★★½ Added by Thomas Hall 1

Moonrise Kingdom is a new classic of Wes Anderson, using many of the same motifs and trademarks he used in his other films. This particular film casts a different shadow with a focus on non-adult love but still carries the normal theme of adult insecurities.