• rocky balboa

★★★ Added by rocky balboa

Maybe I need to watch it again, I must've missed something. It's alright, I guess. Too quirky for my taste. I really hate 'quirky' movies. That's why I can't stand Annie Hall. But I actually enjoyed this one, for the most part.

• dani_nichole94

½ Watched by dani_nichole94 11 Feb, 2016

"Scout Master's Log. First day of search party for Sam. Moral is extremely low. In part, I suppose it's because Sam is the least popular scout in the troop...."

Had to stop watching when the little girl suggested they French kiss.

• Matthew Lucas

★★★★½ Rewatched by Matthew Lucas 12 Feb, 2016

There are so many layers of joy and melancholy in Wes Anderson's wistful tale of childhood love, that plays out like a hazy memory of better days gone by for two, troubled children united by trauma. Anderson's tightly controlled symmetry takes on the feeling of a fantasy here, concocted in the minds of the characters looking back through the fog of time, a random memory, perfectly preserved in all its exquisite detail.

MOONRISE KINGDOM is an endless joy, but it's…

• Brian

★★★★½ Rewatched by Brian 24 May, 2015

A charming adventure evoking the great fun and innocence of childhood. Wonderfully crafted and tastefully enacted, this visual treat is one of Wes Anderson's best.

• Ellen Walker

★★★★ Watched by Ellen Walker 10 Feb, 2016

Moonrise Kingdom is a Wes Anderson movie. I was not sure what to expect since my only experience with Wes Anderson was The Grand Budapest Hotel. Although I love the elements and design of Grand Budapest, I was not crazy about the story. However, Moonrise Kingdom was different I enjoyed all of the design elements in addition to a unique, cute, introspective story. I think I enjoyed it more because the main characters were adolescence instead of adults. I loved the use of the split screen with two simultaneous shots. I'm honestly in love with Wes Anderson's choices in color schemes. They are absolutely gorgeous!

• Aaron_Smith

★★★★ Added by Aaron_Smith

Moonrise Kingdom is another installment from intelligent director Wes Anderson who directed Fantastic Mr. Fox & The Grand Budapest Hotel, two films I love to death. In this film, a young Boy Scout runs away from his camp lead by Edward Norton. He ends up in the wilderness, meeting his true love and to see how long they can survive to blossom their relationship.
    Moonrise Kingdom isn't my favorite of Wes Anderson, but I still enjoy it a lot. There are…

• Cristina

★★★½ Watched by Cristina 10 Feb, 2016

will i ever find a wes anderson movie that i don't love?
    (spoiler: no)

• Jody Pangilinan

★★★★ Watched by Jody Pangilinan 09 Feb, 2016

Just Wes Anderson doing what he does best.

• Sean Scott

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sean Scott 08 Jan, 2016

Seriously ill and fancied my dose of Wes Anderson. A very perfect film. Funny, balanced, cute, important. Wears its influences on its sleeve but then builds a unique patchwork around that. Easily one of his most frequently-hitting comedies.

• EnteredTheVoid

★★★★ Rewatched by EnteredTheVoid 08 Feb, 2016

"Jiminy cricket. He flew the coop".

• jackkyser

★★★★★ Added by jackkyser

Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom - the director’s first film after the should-have-been-Oscar-winning animated feature Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009) – was the movie event of summer 2012. This is a poignant and hilarious picture; it’s hard to imagine someone not responding to this material. I haven’t been so deeply affected by one of Anderson’s films since The Royal Tenenbaums (2001), one of the last films I saw with my father before he passed away.

In a New England community in the…

• Alex Kolpan

★★★ Watched by Alex Kolpan 07 Feb, 2016

One of the cutest movies I've ever seen but sadly one of the messiest.