• Michael

★★★½ Rewatched by Michael 26 Feb, 2015

Culturally speaking, shame must be a fascinating subject for South Korea, and while it's the major theme of Mother so it wasn't necessarily subtle about it, the idea really kicked in for me when (similar to a scene in Lady Vengeance) the son is forced to reenact the crime he was coerced into confessing to, lead through the motions by the cops and reacted to and jeered by press and random bystanders. It isn't suffice enough that he confessed, he…

• shellofsnail

Watched by shellofsnail 26 Feb, 2015

Print quality: B-. (A well-worn release print, with occasional faint vertical scratches and dirty reel ends.)

• Gloria Inés Pérez

★★★ Watched by Gloria Inés Pérez 17 Feb, 2015

P S I C O S I S.

• Anna Husted

★★★★ Added by Anna Husted

Wow. The scenes in nature and the final scene on the bus are unforgettable.

• Amit Ashar

Added by Amit Ashar

2010

• Mike

★★★★½ Rewatched by Mike 06 Feb, 2015

Finally had a chance to rewatch this one. Love it.

• Michael Stuhlman

★★★★½ Added by Michael Stuhlman

It's a dark comedy noir and it's fascinating. It takes a little bit to get going, but once you start to understand what's going on the movie becomes intensely interesting. Give it a watch!

• Lee Towler

★★★★ Watched by Lee Towler 22 Jan, 2015

Accidental double-bill of thrillers based around child murder and unresolved mother issues - thanks for picking that out for me, Lovefilm.

If you have seen the film already then I'd recommend checking out Tony Zhou's video on the use of telephoto profile shots in Mother. It certainly gives an entirely new perspective on the film, but the video does contain huge spoilers so tread lightly. Same applies to what I'm writing here.

This likely has the strangest and most tantalising…

• Tim Lawrence

★★★★½ Added by Tim Lawrence

A superb, harrowing, frustrating thriller that builds to a pitch-black ending.

• Filmmad

★★★★ Watched by Filmmad 19 Jan, 2015

Excellent South Korean drama about a Mother who will go to extreme lengths to clear her son of murder.

• Raghav

★★★★½ Added by Raghav

Stunning movie!!!One of my clear favs!!!

• Varghese Eapen

★★★½ Watched by Varghese Eapen 14 Jan, 2015

Memories of Murder,The Host

I loved these two movies immensely.But this was a let down of sorts.The acting by Kim Hye‑ja is splendid from start to finish..My main complaint was that it drags especially in the second act..The direction is weak and the tone of the movie is inconsistent!The actions of one particular character are questionable..it starts off well loses steam and ends with a bang!!