• Freddygood

★★★★ Added by Freddygood

I liked this movie

• Nicholas Teeny

★★★★★ Watched by Nicholas Teeny 30 Jan, 2016

Mother knows best? Maybe not.

• Izzeddin Edais

★★★★½ Added by Izzeddin Edais

Well written unpredictable mystery movie .

• uhhhhh

★★★½ Added by uhhhhh

Interesting mystery-drama from one of Korea's finest directors.

• Roya Shaban

★★★★★ Watched by Roya Shaban 25 Jan, 2016

One of the best .

• Owen Greenwell

★★★★ Watched by Owen Greenwell 16 Mar, 2011

Dark and surprising. Asks some difficult moral questions which are hard to answer absolutely.

• Brooke Willis

★½ Added by Brooke Willis

Maybe I need to rewatch it, but I found it pretty forgettable.

• HulcutPsideyFli

Watched by HulcutPsideyFli 13 Jan, 2016

24 minutes. Skip.

• feedingbrett

★★★★ Watched by feedingbrett 09 Jan, 2016 13

It is expected to come into a Joon Ho Bong film wrapped in its tension while earning spots of laughter, this was an effect that reaches exceptional heights in Memories of Murder, and for many others also in his follow-up, The Host, a film that I personally felt was a lesser product. Mother being my third film from the South Korean filmmaker, it was difficult to anticipate my overall feeling towards the film, coming in with a neutral mindset that…

• chwk10

★★★★½ Added by chwk10

개인적으로 봉준호 영화 중 역대
    한국에도 이런 스릴러가 있다니 자랑스러워

• nichy6

★★★★ Watched by nichy6 05 Jan, 2016

Twists and turns, a violent mystery, tensioned emotions, vengeful family; this is undoubtedly a Korean murder mystery—I just wonder how my mother got thrown into the mix of it.

This is actually Bong Joon-Ho’s second entry into the genre after Memories of Murder, and I’m tempted to say that Mother is better than MoM! Although Mother lacks the brutality and grit-O-violence that gives the classics of the genre such spunk, it makes up for this with pathos and genuine relatability.…

• PerseuEvans

★★★★ Watched by PerseuEvans 31 Dec, 2015 2

A surgically precise investigation thriller that twists the genre in ingeniously clever ways. Moreover, it tackles with great ability questions of "love" and "truth", and how these two very abstract concepts sometimes mean exactly the opposite. This very powerful story finds in Hye-Ja Kim brilliant performance another reason to soar.