• Glen Grunau

★★★★ Watched by Glen Grunau 24 Aug, 2015

I can appreciate why this movie received such mixed reviews. If you are looking for a sequential story that follows a logical, linear path (as I often am), then you will be disappointed . . . and quite possibly confused. But if you are able and willing to suspend judgement, tolerate some script weaknesses, and allow your imagination to embrace all manner of irregularity and weirdness, this movie might be for you.

A gorgeous visual feast with beautiful colours, patterns,…

• Foggy Pebble

★½ Watched by Foggy Pebble 20 Aug, 2015

This movie tried so hard and in so many ways and it failed in every single one of them.
    Basically this story takes place in the future with the last mortal (no explanation is ever given as to how or when everybody became immortal or why and it's never explored beyond passing dialogue about how the main character is NOT immortal) is looking back on his <st>life</st>lives and you watch all three (even though, given the base story, it seems…

• dimkovic

★★★★ Watched by dimkovic 19 Aug, 2015

As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

• Eric

★★ Watched by Eric 18 Aug, 2015

I really tried, but this is fucking endless.

• Brian Stack

★★★★★ Added by Brian Stack

In 2092, science has evolved to render death obsolete and 118 year old Nemo Nobody (Jared Leto) is the last mortal on earth. A reporter attempts to document Nemo's life before he dies, but his life story is a series of seemingly impossible contradictions.

Nemo, like Billy Pilgrim, exists outside of time. However, while Pilgrim could only move backwards and forwards in his own timeline, Nemo has lived several lives and has memories of each. In one, he lived with…

• Marta Fróis

★★★★½ Watched by Marta Fróis 15 Aug, 2015

I watched the extended version of this movie and it was simply brilliant. I loved every minute, every second of it... It kept me glued to my computer screen during the whole story.
    This is one of those movies which makes you re-think your existence, brainstorming about how different everything could've been, since the moment you were born... It was really beautiful, no words can describe how much I liked it.
    I recommend this movie to everyone. Really. You NEED to see it.

• Matty Stanfield

★½ Rewatched by Matty Stanfield 18 Sep, 2009

Highly stylized pseudo-Neo-Noir film constructed around memory, love and alternate reality passing as "sci-fi" or maybe aiming for surrealism.

The date on this film is incorrect. It was actually released in 2009, but re-released to home VOD/Blu-ray after Jared Leto's Oscar success. If you decide to watch, there are a couple of different versions out there. The non-director's cut is actually the better version.

Aside from Christophe Beaucarne's beautiful cinematography, this film is not worth the talent and effort that…

• Michael "PhantomKnight" Dennos

★★★ Watched by Michael "PhantomKnight" Dennos 03 Aug, 2015

Okay, so I've had a good while to reflect on this movie since I watched it, and I'm pretty sure I've ultimately settled on this conclusion: this is a movie that starts out pretty interesting, but once you've grown accustomed to the storytelling style, you become numb to it, leading to a fairly tedious middle section before the film ends well enough. So...mixed bag, to say the least.

I can understand why a lot of people would hate this film,…

• eyeslikeherfath

★★★★★ Added by eyeslikeherfath

one of my all time favs

• Alex V

★★★★ Watched by Alex V 11 Aug, 2015

This is a very good film, yet I have mixed feelings. It's a set of ideas to be unpicked about time and consequence, yet somehow it feels slightly laboured and maybe less than the sum of its parts. I absolutely hated the tendency towards over-explanation towards the end of the film that kills the mystery. Somewhere it loses its light touch, and I feel like I'm looking at an odd structure created in the editing room rather than in the script. I feel like it could have been one of my favourite films but just falls short somewhere.

• disiok

★★★ Watched by disiok 11 Aug, 2015

"Mr. Nobody" is an ambitious film exploring the idea of choices and quasi-fictional world lines. The fragmented and dream-like narration is perhaps both the greatest vice and virtue of the film: While the distinct timelines are stylistic and intriguing at first, they quickly become overwhelming. The ending feels rushed, distracted, and weak.

• Fed

★★★★½ Watched by Fed 11 Aug, 2015

I anticipated it being one of those hur hur so philosophical alienating hipster flicks but was pleasantly surprised by all the different and equally interesting stories framed through different choices.

Thoroughly enjoyed it!