• Gabriel

★★½ Added by Gabriel

Mr. Nobody takes what could be a beautiful and thoughtful short film, and stretches it out to the point of tedium.

• codeck

★★★★½ Added by codeck

Es posiblemente de las películas que más me han hecho pensar. Explica las infinitas posibilidades que hay en la vida y la indecisión y la importancia de decidir una.

• misha winchester

★★★ Added by misha winchester

It was so close to being good... so close... yet so far...

• makmoh

★★★★★ Rewatched by makmoh 07 Oct, 2014

Still hurting. Please watch this film it is full of so much.

• SethBuchanan

★★★★ Added by SethBuchanan

It's rare for a film to feel as broad and detailed as a book, but Mr. Nobody manages to not only achieve that same feeling, but does it with beautiful, visual style. Perhaps it repeats itself a bit often, and maybe it's (just a bit) ham-fisted feeling in parts, but it's nothing to scoff at in terms of technical achievement and scope.

• ademption

★★½ Added by ademption 2

I wanted to like this, since I'm a fan of Toto le héros, and always wished that film had had a bigger budget to develop its sci-fi elements. But Mr. Nobody is like the boorish baby of Amélie and Cloud Atlas and goes on about how you should be impressed by how stylish and cool its parents are. I know my metaphor doesn't work temporally, but neither does this film. It is visually impressive, but should have been much shorter.

• Hugh Guiney

★★★★★ Watched by Hugh Guiney 12 Oct, 2014

If you’re in the mood for a nonlinear sci-fi romantic drama that will make you cry (as I was on Saturday night), look no further than “Mr. Nobody”, available on Netflix streaming.

I was looking for inspiration for my own nonlinear sci-fi romantic drama, and so was mostly approaching with a deconstructive eye, but it was so engrossing and emotionally charged that it didn’t allow me to be purely objective (especially after a few glasses of wine). Also, Jared Leto is haaaaandsooooome.

• Mohammad Irshid

★★★★ Watched by Mohammad Irshid 09 Oct, 2014

It’s one of the extremely rare times that I beg for a film to stop, to see its outro rising on the screen and it finally did.

I can review movies when I really have a clear idea about what they were about, but Mr. Nobody has got me lost all the way. I don’t know what happened or how things even started. It’s just death and life, back and forward, I don’t really feel how things have changed and…

• CrAb

★★★ Watched by CrAb 08 Oct, 2014

This could not have a better soundtrack.
    The plot's cool. It's less mindblowing than it wants to be, but it's still a nice watch (too long maybe). Jared Leto should not have been Nemo, I feel like it should be someone older looking.

• ndoane

★★★★ Watched by ndoane 28 Sep, 2014

For such a crazy, wild and ambitious movie it is impressive it is as coherent as it is. It does not completely work - many of the story fragments kind of die - particularly the adult yellow.

Lots of impressive visuals. The teenage cast was very good. The more rapid fire the story lines the more I enjoyed the confusion. And the red love story(s) worked for me.

I do think that it should have hinged on a choice, not of the luck of a shoelace. The different lives don't come from a choice as it later wants us to go with.

• Chad Webb

★★★★ Watched by Chad Webb 10 Sep, 2014

Here we have an ambitious motion picture with an anything but linear narrative from Belgian filmmaker Jaco Van Dormael. His visual approach is vivid and ostentatious. The editing is complex and intriguing. Yet as unique as Mr. Nobody is, its influences are quite clear when you know what to look for. And despite using a method of storytelling that is difficult to follow, the point of this epic saga is rather simple. This is about many things: love, time, death,…

• Steve Kimes

★★★½ Added by Steve Kimes

An amazing cinematic spectacle. If movies were to be graded on joyful surprise, this film would get an A+. Unfortunately, consistency in narrative is a thing.