• AEC

★★★ Watched by AEC 30 Apr, 2016

J'étais pas sûr, mais le chapelet dans l'anus et l'homard géant m'ont convaincu.

• karamashi

★★★½ Watched by karamashi 02 Apr, 2016

I kind of like early John Waters. I'm a huge fan of his later work but I enjoy how conversational and talky Multiple Maniacs is. It gives his actors more to actually do than just shout. It's a strange, meandering, but always intriguing film.

• Hamburger Splash

Watched by Hamburger Splash 13 Mar, 2016

Deliciously amateur. I'd love to see this projected on 16mm.... or maybe Blu-ray pretty please?

Divine is beautiful and monstrous.

• rustywood

★★★ Added by rustywood

Well its John Waters :)

• minnajee

★★ Watched by minnajee 30 Aug, 2010

Jesus Christ. The lobster scene is undoubtedly the most random I've ever seen. This isn't solid film in any way and the quality of acting and editing is appalling. Also the movie lags severely so I didn't much bother to follow the conversational scenes. But hell, this Waters guy has some truly original ideas. Watching the movie alone gave me a couple of laughs and several what the hells. And this strange gratitude that people rarely ask me which movie…

• minnajee

★½ Rewatched by minnajee 28 Dec, 2010

The second try didn't make it any better, in contrary I had even less concentration to spare. The lobster scene still works, though. I still lowered the rate from 2 to 1.5 stars.

• matt lynch

★★★½ Rewatched by matt lynch 30 Oct, 2015

"And then, to my horror and amazement, the Infant of Prague appeared before me! Oh, his angelic gaze hypnotized me! I was dumbstruck! How had he gotten to Bond street?"

• Elephant

Watched by Elephant 14 Jul, 2015

the ending is the most beautiful thing John has ever done

• laird

★★★★ Watched by laird 05 Jul, 2015

"rosary job"

"I love you so fucking much I could shit!"

"Gay!? I'm no lesbian. At least not until a little while ago."

The out of focus close-up shot of a post-homicide, sweaty, deranged Divine wearing what looks like six-inches of dark lipstick and a gallon of (liquid?) eyeliner belongs in a museum (example: s3.amazonaws.com/auteurs_production/images/film/multiple-maniacs/w448/multiple-maniacs.jpg ).

• kuru

★★★★★ Added by kuru

• Hector Tabora

★★★★★ Watched by Hector Tabora 01 Jun, 2015 1

Holy mother of all that is sacred! This film is a trip. Divine is stellar and John Waters brings grace to an otherwise beautifully strange film!
    Also what about that church scene though?!?!?! Holy cow.

• Jordan_The_Bailiff

★★★½ Watched by Jordan_The_Bailiff 22 May, 2015

Multiple Maniacs is even more disgusting than Water's previous film, yet that is what makes it so much better.

Mink Stole shoving a rosary into Divines ass while in a church pew is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen, but what made it so difficult for me to watch is the spliced footage of Jesus carrying and being nailed to the cross (literally, Divine and Mink narrate the actions for nearly eight minutes straight and barely take a…