• Minna Jee

★★ Watched by Minna Jee 30 Aug, 2010

Jesus Christ. The lobster scene is undoubtedly the most random I've ever seen. This isn't solid film in any way and the quality of acting and editing is appalling. Also the movie lags severely so I didn't much bother to follow the conversational scenes. But hell, this Waters guy has some truly original ideas. Watching the movie alone gave me a couple of laughs and several what the hells. And this strange gratitude that people rarely ask me which movie…

• Minna Jee

★½ Rewatched by Minna Jee 28 Dec, 2010

The second try didn't make it any better, in contrary I had even less concentration to spare. The lobster scene still works, though. I still lowered the rate from 2 to 1.5 stars.

• matt lynch

★★★½ Rewatched by matt lynch 30 Oct, 2015

"And then, to my horror and amazement, the Infant of Prague appeared before me! Oh, his angelic gaze hypnotized me! I was dumbstruck! How had he gotten to Bond street?"

• Elephant

Watched by Elephant 14 Jul, 2015

the ending is the most beautiful thing John has ever done

• laird

★★★★ Watched by laird 05 Jul, 2015

"rosary job"

"I love you so fucking much I could shit!"

"Gay!? I'm no lesbian. At least not until a little while ago."

The out of focus close-up shot of a post-homicide, sweaty, deranged Divine wearing what looks like six-inches of dark lipstick and a gallon of (liquid?) eyeliner belongs in a museum (example: s3.amazonaws.com/auteurs_production/images/film/multiple-maniacs/w448/multiple-maniacs.jpg ).

• kuru

★★★★★ Added by kuru

• whatthehec_tor

★★★★★ Watched by whatthehec_tor 01 Jun, 2015 1

Holy mother of all that is sacred! This film is a trip. Divine is stellar and John Waters brings grace to an otherwise beautifully strange film!
    Also what about that church scene though?!?!?! Holy cow.

• Jordan_The_Bailiff

★★★★ Watched by Jordan_The_Bailiff 22 May, 2015

Multiple Maniacs is even more disgusting than Water's previous film, yet that is what makes it so much better.

Mink Stole shoving a rosary into Divines ass while in a church pew is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen, but what made it so difficult for me to watch is the spliced footage of Jesus carrying and being nailed to the cross (literally, Divine and Mink narrate the actions for nearly eight minutes straight and barely take a…

• Brakywaki

★★★★ Added by Brakywaki

Certainly a little more meandering and experimental than Waters' later works, and potentially a better short film than a feature, this is still a fascinating collection of weirdness that only truly suffers from having scenes go on for like ten minutes. The ending rampage is worth the whole thing anyway, and don't even get me started on the wonders of Lobstora...It's a shame that they didn't do more with the concept of Divine's traveling show though. It's also fascinating to remember a time when "queers kissing" was a sideshow attraction.

• Seconds23

★★★★½ Watched by Seconds23 04 Apr, 2015

Better than Pink Flamingos

• Haystack Sr.

★★★★ Watched by Haystack Sr. 20 Feb, 2015

Mink Stole shoves a rosary up Divine's ass in a Church pew, and then the two fall in love. But Divine still wants to kill her hubby, so they go back to her prostitute daughter's apartment, and basically there's a lot of shooting and stabbing but Divine manages to emerge the sole survivor of the ordeal. And immediately after all of this, a giant lobster just comes out of nowhere and rapes her. God I love John Waters.

• Warren

★★★★ Watched by Warren 24 Jan, 2015

The feature that John Waters made before Pink Flamingos, Multiple Maniacs is the best movie $5,000 could have made. I'm not bashing it at all, I loved the shit out of this movie, but it was definitely made with half the money that Pink Flamingos was. It was shot in black and white, which for me worked just fine for it. It kind of brought that "news reel" feel to a movie that makes a lot of references to something…