• Josh

★★★ Watched by Josh 26 Jul, 2015

Super creepy found-footage style indie horror movie that isn't without its share of silly moments. The good outweighs the bad, though, for the most part. Though some sections do drag a little bit, especially in the beginning, once Bradley Cooper shows up, things get real. I was hoping for a better ending, but I guess getting no answers kind of works in and of itself. I really dug Kris Lemche and found his character to be the most realistic and human of the five.

• Goremaster

★★ Added by Goremaster

As far as I remember, My Little Eye is the first reality show themed horror movie. After "My Little Eye" came others, including a Halloween. 2 stars for tension and originality.

• tobe_whooper

★★★½ Watched by tobe_whooper 27 Jan, 2015

A bit slow, with some questionable acting, and characterization relies on the stereotypical, but it has some genuinely unsettling moments and was ahead of its time conceptually.

cf. Cube

• MrSneakyMan

★★★½ Watched by MrSneakyMan 28 Jan, 2015

Surprisingly good little indie horror. It starts off a little rough as it skips nearly all of the setup. It just drops us right into the house months after the subjects have arrived.

The narrative suffers at this point because it has to do a lot more telling rather than showing to establish the reality. "Could this house be any creepier?" I don't know. We, the audience, has only been here for a couple of minutes. I guess we just…

• George Bidwell

★★★★ Watched by George Bidwell 07 Jan, 2015

A film that terrifies through intense paranoia. An intriguing, involving and very well made film. It has a great premise which is truly used: Big Brother gone wrong. Twists and turns come late in the film but offer lots of shock when reve lead. Terrifying and atmospheric.

• Brendan Edwards

★★ Rewatched by Brendan Edwards 19 Oct, 2014

A film which a have seen once before, quite some time ago. Even though i did not remember everything from the story-line it was pretty predictable, and as my brother said so cleverly. It builds up reasonably well but fizzles out without any credit to the first 2 thirds of the film.

• Keith

★★ Watched by Keith 19 Oct, 2014

For the discerning horror fan this film offers absolutely nothing different to most horror films. The same people do the same things at the same times and die in the same order. The performances are reasonable, except for one, who just never gets into character and all the suspense built up so well during the first hour, just kind of fizzles out in the last 15-20 minutes. With some relatively minor changes to veer away from the norm, one of…

• Wesley Mead

★★★½ Watched by Wesley Mead 30 May, 2014

Literally nobody who's rated this on Letterboxd has given this a 4.5 or 5 rating. And, I mean, a few hundred people have rated this, it's not really a "margin of error" thing. I dunno. I thought it was a pretty nifty little horror film, inherently dated by its webcast/reality TV concept but no less enjoyable for that fact. A little predictable, but it maintains a truly creepy vibe throughout, and doesn't fall back on jump scares like so many…

• xdpirate

★★★ Watched by xdpirate 25 Mar, 2014

How come all these films with interesting premises have shite endings?

• hella

★★★½ Added by hella

i really enjoyed this

i think i might be the only one

why so many haters man? wheres the love

good soundtrack too

• Kevin Wight

★★½ Rewatched by Kevin Wight 26 Jan, 2014 2

Reality TV has been a hot topic for longer than I care to remember. From the early days of ‘Big Brother’ onwards, there has never been a shortage of mooing cretins willing to shill themselves for a chance of easy fame. Warhol has proved as prophetic as Orwell in late 20th – early 21st century culture.

Predictably, filmmakers have picked up on this pervasive and seemingly unending trend. From the early likes of The Running Man, Series 7: The Contenders,…

• Lauren Donis

★★ Watched by Lauren Donis 10 Oct, 2013

When this was first released, my dad's then-girlfriend rented it and I stopped watching after 30 mins or so. I didn't actually recognise any of it this time though. I'm also not sure if I've confused it with another film (I know that I started watching this one, but I think there was another film I tried watching with a similar plot and kept thinking it was this one or I've just twisted it in my head). Anyway, it was pretty dull. Lots of plot holes and weird inconsistencies. The characters weren't particularly engaging and neither was the plot. It was watchable, but meh.