• Owen Hughes

★★★½ Watched by Owen Hughes 05 Jun, 2014

Yes, My Sassy Girl is a rom-com that I was interested in watching. I know I've bitched and moaned about them in the past, but as this seemed to get rave reviews from pretty much everyone, I was really keen to see it. Part of what convinced me (and I don't mean to pigeon holing anyone) is that people who you wouldn't normally expect to like something like this, they all seem to love it. That does give it quite…

• John

★★★★ Watched by John 12 Jul, 2014

So ridiculous :)

• Kainoa Robert

★★★★★ Added by Kainoa Robert

The first Korean movie I watched, and it will always have a special place in my heart because of it. A great combination of melodrama and comedy that Western films failed to achieve. Jun Ji-hyun is great as "The Girl", Cha Tae-hyun also is great here. With great use of music and production design, it is a well-made romantic comedy.

• Joe Burke

★★★★ Added by Joe Burke

Warning: Do not watch if you don't have a gf.

I didn't have a gf at the time and it hurts in the most beautiful way. There was a song that plays in the club in one scene called Big Money and I swear to god it is the biggest jam of my lifetime.

• Jane Firehorse

★★★½ Added by Jane Firehorse

This film is very farcical but also very sweet, and all those 360 degree pans add a melodramatic touch as well.

I think my favourite scene is the one with the gunman at the amusement park: it shows both the tenderness of their love and the utter farce of their relationship to that point. After "the girl's" speech to the gunman about living to find love, she punches her date in the face, shaking his head and yelling "stop lying,…

• Will McGrew

★★★½ Watched by Will McGrew 13 May, 2014

Film number 13 of 30 Days, 30 Countries Project: South Korea

"You know why the sky is blue?"
    "Because the reflection from the sunshine causes..."
    "Wrong! It's to make me happy. I wanted it to be blue, so it's blue. You know why fire is hot? It's all for me. I wanted it to be hot, so it's hot. You know why we have four seasons here in Korea?"
    "For you?"
    "Correct."

Much like Carax's Lovers Under the Bridge, My…

• MrJago

★★★★ Watched by MrJago 07 May, 2014

"Wanna Die?"

Jun Ji-hyun is wonderful, but 2 hours 17 is pushing it even for Korean standards.

The ending is beautiful though, damn you movie! :-)

• timmytime

★★★★½ Watched by timmytime 07 May, 2014

You will laugh a lot. Very sweet

• Daph Bajas

★★★★ Rewatched by Daph Bajas 29 Apr, 2014

Now that I re-watched this, the story of the girl comes into full circle without necessarily finishing off where Windstruck ended. I still adore Gianna Jun and this is classic stuff, but with the former being an effervescent action film, this one slated too much for boy-meets-girl that the whole film gets flimsily truncated. This was a hit ASEAN-wise and a rom-com template at that. B+

• varna_k

★★★★½ Added by varna_k

wow

• Paskalis Damar

★★★★★ Rewatched by Paskalis Damar 26 Mar, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Katrinnn