• moviegrande

★★★ Watched by moviegrande 23 Jan, 2015

A korean film that can only be described by one word: Sweet.

• Bob Hovey

★★★★ Watched by Bob Hovey 23 Jan, 2015

I really liked director Jae-young Kwak's Cyborg Girl, so I had to check out his earlier effort, My Sassy Girl, which seemed to enjoy a better reputation. I'm not a huge fan of romantic comedies (I was drawn to Cyborg Girl more for its sci-fi and time travel themes than anything else), but this one won me over.

The writing is excellent, giving us a story in which farcical humor and serious romance balance nicely. Of course it couldn't go…

• roujin

★★★ Watched by roujin 01 Jan, 2015

Packs about an entire k-drama's worth of plot and weirdo incidents into its 2 hour + running time. Was inspired to watch it by my interest (and admiration) of Jun Ji-hyun's performance in MY LOVE FROM ANOTHER STAR, and she's great. Freed from convention, she's allowed to give a kind of weirdo free jazzy tsundere performance, where she's basically allowed to do whatever she wants. There is convention and melodrama here for sure, but what registers most forcefully is how…

• mahandhi

★★★½ Watched by mahandhi 02 Jan, 2015

Ik weet niet wat ik er van vind. Het is een ontzettend stomme film, op een hele ontwapenende manier. Ik denk dat ik hem goed vond.
    Hij's leuk gespeeld, soms origineel gebracht, Koreaans raar, grappig. Ik vond de personages vervelend, maar ik denk dat dat wat de bedoeling is. Ja.

• the_yogi

★★★★½ Added by the_yogi

My friend and i stayed away from this film for the longest time thinking it to be a sissy rather then sassy film.. When i saw it, i was blown away.. One of the best korean movies i've seen.

• Julia

★★ Watched by Julia 19 Dec, 2014

.....what? i...? what...?

• Jason,

★★★★ Watched by Jason, 24 Nov, 2014

Can't think of any other romantic comedies that include a discussion about self-inflicted gunshot wounds to the head.

• apprecihate

★★★★★ Added by apprecihate

My Favorite Romantic Comedy of all time!
    it has everything to it!

perfect actor and actress to portray

• Micha

★★★★ Watched by Micha 01 Nov, 2014

Why you should watch My Sassy Girl? There are different reasons, most of them are discussed here on letterboxd.
    There are interesting insights in young relationships and in unconditional love. That is ok, but nothing special.
    The thing that impressed me about this movie is, that it will give you much more in the end than you would expect from such a movie.
    The final scenes will change they way you look at the movie. Small, random moments will appear…

• JeanIrvine

★★★★★ Added by JeanIrvine

Lovely

• Anna Jean Fernandez

★★★★½ Watched by Anna Jean Fernandez 08 May, 2014

Epic love story. ♥

• Emily

★★★★ Watched by Emily 06 Aug, 2014

It's the original manic pixie dream girl story, but there's a reason the formula's used.