• Jordan Collier

Watched by Jordan Collier 08 Oct, 2015

• Nitin Balakrishnan

★★★½ Watched by Nitin Balakrishnan 03 Oct, 2015

An engaging feel good movie. Definitely worth a watch.

• Jaime Rebanal

★★★½ Watched by Jaime Rebanal 25 Sep, 2015

I didn't really expect a lot of this coming, but something about the third act of My Sassy Girl managed to win me over a movie which seemed to be nothing more than a simple romantic comedy premise with a drudging length of nearly two hours. Yet for whatever reason I enjoyed watching this, and I still don't understand what about this managed to win me over. From what I looked up about this film, it was very popular at…

• jswysin

★★★½ Watched by jswysin 07 Sep, 2015

Fun and sweet dysfunctional Korean romantic comedy with a great performance from Jun Ji-Hyun.

• Amy G

★★★★½ Added by Amy G

My first foray into Korean Cinema, and I loved it of course. Hilarious and touching rom-com that plucks all the right chords.

• Flip Trotsky

★½ Watched by Flip Trotsky 23 Jun, 2015

Among films from 2001 with 1k+ votes on imdb, this has the fourth highest user rating behind the probably obvious - Fellowship of the Ring, Spirited Away, and Amelie. It's an interminable quirk-sop romcom with unrelentingly nauseating soundtrack music. In three separate scenes someone vomits, so it's also on the bullhorn end of the subtlety spectrum. Not good.

(originally posted on SCFZ forum)

• ThrashtilDeath

★★ Watched by ThrashtilDeath 02 Sep, 2015

Abuse and manipulation is not cute.

• washington

Watched by washington 15 Jul, 2015

This is a truly awful film and I'm glad its success in Korea didn't translate over to anything more than a DTV remake seven years later because this would have instantly shunned Korean cinema to the same misplaced camp area as such much Indian cinema has. The closest this film has to a positive attribute is the lead woman's performance and I really want to emphasize performance since the character is a good summary of everything wrong with the film…

• sophomore

★★★★★ Added by sophomore

What an unexpected emotional journey for first time viewers! Comedy, drama, romance, fantasy... it's a great ride!

• Karthic Sivaswamy

★★★★½ Watched by Karthic Sivaswamy 15 Mar, 2015

It's fun, romantic, ssentimental and I liked it. It's really among the best romantic movie I have seen yet. And, “ The Girl” looks pretty.

It's said that it's based on true events and that makes this movie even more interesting.

Also noted, in Tamil movie SMS a scene involving Arya is copied from this.

It's definitely a must-watch Korean movie.

• kfy

★★★★ Added by kfy

The vomiting

• hilal beskardesler

★★★★½ Added by hilal beskardesler

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

This movie is one of the best romantic comedies ever but it isn't like classic hollywood superficial love stories. It was really funny especially when they dance in school uniforms. I love the end, and girl finally meet someone from the future. In this scene, u can see an ufo in the sky. These little details make me happy.