• Martin Tillkvist

★★ Watched by Martin Tillkvist 21 Jul, 2016 1

This one is a real mess scriptwise. There's great potential in the story but the movie just doesn't work. Too bad...

• Charlie

★★ Watched by Charlie 20 Jul, 2016

(Another 3.5/10, maybe? Hard to rate movies like this.)

To be honest, I'm not completely sure how I'm supposed to feel about this. I think it was pretty well produced and I enjoyed something about it even if it was somehow both cheesy and depressing. The acting was alright, especially Breslin. It brought up moral questions that were interesting to think about. I teared up a few times, but like the past few movies I watched it's been more of…

• Conan Tan

★★½ Watched by Conan Tan 29 Jun, 2016

Well, the ending of this film is way better than what is supposedly the ending in the book. Going in, I thought Cameron Diaz was the one with the cancer. But then it turns out she is the demanding mother. The narration does not feel necessary and seems like it was there because it is what is presented in the book.

• mjbillington

★★★½ Watched by mjbillington 25 Jun, 2016

The medicine is not that good, but emotionally it is quite satisfyiing and the performances are pretty fantastic

• Castro Fidel

★½ Added by Castro Fidel

My Sister's Keeper, der, im Jahr 2009 erschienen, von Nick Cassavates gedreht wurde, handelt von einem Mädchen, dass vor Gericht zieht, um lebensqualitätseinschränkende Operationen an ihrem Körper zu verhindern. Denn sie wurde als Retortenkind für ihre im Sterben liegende Schwester gezüchtet, um lebensrettende Organ- und Knochenmarkspenden zu ermöglichen. Ihre geschockten Eltern legen Protest ein und möchten sie daran hindern, ihren Selbstbestimmungsanspruch zu verwirklichen.

Diese Grundkonstellation ist recht interessant, da dieser Aspekt der Gentechnik bisher unzureichend beleuchtet wurde, doch nach der…

• LLFIN

★★★ Watched by LLFIN 07 Sep, 2011

Sad. what more can I say. Excellent performances by the girls and so many tears but still....Sad.

• IlzeF

★★½ Watched by IlzeF 23 May, 2016

Multiple character voice-overs do not translate well to film, at least not in this case. But at least the makers of the film had the courage to go for the ending Jodi Picoult chickened out of.

• Ryan Abbott's Movie Reviews

★★★ Added by Ryan Abbott's Movie Reviews

What I got to say about "My Sister's Keeper" is such as sad. The performance in this movie is powerful and really breathtaking. The directing Nick Cassavetes well I got that he really make understand how life really is. The score is really outstanding. Special effect is okay. "A really good movie."

• paniquathedisco

★★½ Watched by paniquathedisco 27 Apr, 2016

Caught this on TV. 50% of this movie is montage.

I feel like the big reveal diverts attention from the fact that two people basically raised a child to harvest her organs. That ain't right, no matter how you spin it. I wish they'd have just let Anna retain her agency and awareness that her parents were treating her like an organ farm, instead of making it so her sister put her up to it and Kate comes out looking…

• ComicTwerk4Sans

Watched by ComicTwerk4Sans 19 Apr, 2016 2

This movie is about cancer, so it's really heartbreaking and depressing and shit!

Are you crying yet?

Oh, you ain't crying yet?

HERE'S SOME DEPRESSING MUSIC AND FIVE-SIX OBNOXIOUS VOICE OVERS TO MAKE YOU FEEL SAD!

BITCH!

• christianbale

★★½ Watched by christianbale 10 Apr, 2016

When you have so many interesting ideas in a film why the fuck would you go for the easiest option and put in a plot twist which makes absolutely no sense.

• mairi