• Keith

★★½ Watched by Keith 01 Mar, 2015

Yes, it is a predictable, manipulative tearjerker that is a delivered in a heavy-handed way... And yet I still liked it. Good performances all round help it immensely.

• Vinicius Oliveira

★★★★½ Added by Vinicius Oliveira

I'm amused reading people's comments on this film.
    Is it a very emotional and dramatic film? yes, it is.
    is it moralist and deals with delicate issue about life/death? yes.

My Sister's Keeper brings a lot of reflections about morality which is important to foster discussions, even if you don't agree with. Our modern life has brought us new dilemmas about life and rights.
    I just want to highlight one: the right for dying. Nowadays we have been able to…

• Brendan Edwards

★★★ Watched by Brendan Edwards 27 Jan, 2015

A film of a cancer struck child/person like many others with no major surprises and i have seen these kind of films that got to me more than this one did. That being said most of the performances are very good and believable. Breslin shines in her role and Baldwin has also s surprisingly well played humane role. Having studied biology for the last year having a specific focus on preimplantation genetic diagnosis, i fully understand the moral issue displayed…

• Ashtin Fulton

★★★★ Rewatched by Ashtin Fulton 22 Jan, 2015

I went to see this in the theater with my mom and I cried so hard. When the DVD came out I showed it to my dad and sister and cried. Re-watched this with my boyfriend a year ago and cried. This is the fourth time I have seen this and I have come to the conclusion that it will always make me cry.

• onthewall2983

Added by onthewall2983

This would be so much better as a horror/sci-fi film.

• Nadine Keels

★★★★½ Added by Nadine Keels

Another one of those rare occasions when I like a movie more than the book it's based on.

Apparently, some readers see the ending of Jodi Picoult's novel as a cop-out from the tough questions the novel raises. I wouldn’t give it that label, but the ending is one reason I like the film more than the book. Some may still see the film’s reworked ending as something of a cop-out or a tidy smooth-over for untidy life circumstances, but the film’s plot as a whole has more of a natural flow to me.

_________________________
    My corresponding reading: My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult.

• Debra Liang

so sad, but amazingggg

• TajLV

★★★ Watched by TajLV 30 Nov, 2014

"Death's just death. Nobody understands it." ~ Anna Fitzgerald

Loosely based upon Jodi Picoult's controversial novel of the same name, this melancholy film introduces us to the Los Angeles-based Fitzgerald family, whose eldest daughter Kate (Sofia Vassilieva) is battling leukemia. Cameron Diaz plays her control-freak mother Sara, Jason Patric is Kate's fireman father Brian, Evan Ellingson is her ignored younger brother Jesse and Abigail Breslin plays the youngest Fitzgerald, 11-year-old Anna.

The characters take turns narrating the story of Kate's…

• va13nt1n3

★★★★ Added by va13nt1n3

it was so sad

• NatalieR

★★★★ Added by NatalieR

This movie is extremely sad but I definately recomend watching it.

• A. S.

½ Watched by A. S. 27 Oct, 2014

Great concept.
    Horrible, offensive, inaccurate and manipulative execution.