• Ashley

★★ Watched by Ashley 09 Oct, 2014

Ok, the first time I tried to watch My Sister's Keeper I quit after 10 minutes. The excess of cheesy dialogue and what initially feels like a suburban family fairytale, disrupted by a child's cancer diagnosis (which it initially seems to lean on) were too much for me. But I gave it another shot and once passed the truck load of cheese it becomes quite a touching, heartfelt film that never reeks of the authenticity that 50/50 had but it…

• Joe DiCanio

★★★½ Watched by Joe DiCanio 21 Mar, 2014

Rating: B

• dani_nichole94

★★★★½ Added by dani_nichole94

Tragic. But less so than the book. I highly recommend reading it! Still, if you're ever in the mood to cry your eyes out, this might be your kind of movie.

• Windyblue

★★★★½ Added by Windyblue

Warning:
    Cancer
    Medical procedures, needles
    Misogynist slurs
    "There is no shame in dying".

"Punch spiked with platelets".

"She's not going to be any sicker at the beach".

Abigail Breslin makes me look forward to the next century of films.

• JaySalahi

★★ Watched by JaySalahi 11 Jul, 2009

C (73)

• Adam Redman

★★ Watched by Adam Redman 27 Aug, 2014

Terminal tearjerker that rattles along for a while.

• Jake Gess

★★★★★ Watched by Jake Gess 18 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Noelle

★★★½ Watched by Noelle 12 Aug, 2014

hard not to cry.

• MatthewLB

★★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 05 Aug, 2014

Young Anna Fitzgerald has spent her entire life at the operating table, at the hospital, at the clinic but not because she is sick, but because she is a genetic match to her older sister who needs her bone morrow to fight the leukemia in her body. Now that she is older, she questions this life leading to a decision that may tear the family apart. This movie is sad and it many sound a bit horrible saying this but the movie was forgettable.

• Maren Landsnes

★★★★½ Watched by Maren Landsnes 03 Aug, 2014

Wow. Just.. wow. I don't know why I put off watching this movie for so long, maybe I knew it would break my heart.

My Sister's Keeper is about a young girl, Anna, who was brought into the world to be a donor baby for her sister with leukaemia. The plot revolves around the entire family as Anna goes to court against her parents for medical emancipation.

Abigail Breslin, Sofia Vassilieva and Cameron Diaz gave great performances in this movie.…

• Kezia Hutabarat

★★½ Added by Kezia Hutabarat

I like the novel better than the movie. The novel is more provoking and less 'tearjerker-ish'.

• Francisco Rojas

½ Added by Francisco Rojas

Nick Cassevetes (clearly) didn't inherit his father's talent.