• wildestpenfield

★★★★ Added by wildestpenfield

The first film I've seen to capture the comedic vibe of Community or 30 Rock (not surprising, since Donald Glover writes, stars, composes, and presumably best boys), it's one of my favourite comedies of the century. The reason it only gets a recommendation star-wise (though I`ll happily upgrade to highly recommended status for fans of those shows) is that it is more than a little rough around the edges (and heads worryingly early into the gross-out zone, though thankfully recovers), and as such keeps promising to be better than it ever actually is. Still, an immensely likeable film by my reckoning.

• William Teasdale

★★★★★ Added by William Teasdale

i love donald glover

• Jordan

★★★★★ Added by Jordan

Mystery Team appeals perfectly to my sense of humor. Derrick Comedy does a wonderful job at bringing their internet presence to life on the "big screen," - pulling from a considerable pool of talent. Utterly preposterous, and little more than a long string of silly jokes, Mystery Team is one of my all-time favorite independent comedies.

• Zach Skov

★★★★½ Rewatched by Zach Skov 07 Feb, 2015 2

Always one of my favorites to watch with friends.

A highly slept on comedy that I wish was seen by more people. Everyone that I've shown this to has loved it.

• Chris Alley

Watched by Chris Alley 16 May, 2011

Derrick Comedy's first full length movie has a bunch of really funny jokes, but by 45 minutes into the movie I was ready for it to be over.

• Gaz Elliott

★★½ Watched by Gaz Elliott 29 Jan, 2015

Dan Eckman's feature debut about a group of geeky, former Encyclopaedia Brown-style child detectives struggle to solve an adult mystery.
    It's relatively middle-of-the-road fare but it has its comical moments & a few brilliant throw-away one-liners.

• Dave Wain

★★★½ Watched by Dave Wain 12 Jan, 2015

How has this not had a UK release?

Excellent, original comedy from Community's Donald Glover and crew that brilliantly puts three overgrown child detectives into a world where there's something more sinister to investigate than a fingered pie! Genius.

• Gregory David Escobar

★★★★ Watched by Emmanuel Serratos 26 Dec, 2014

solider

• Anna Hurley

★★★½ Added by Anna Hurley

This movie is ridiculous.

• Frank Wells

★★★ Watched by Frank Wells 12 Nov, 2014

“Mystery Team” is a 2009 comedy from sketch group Derrick Comedy about a trio of high school seniors (Donald Glover, Dominic Dierkes, DC Pierson) who are naive “child” detectives in the Encyclopedia Brown mode thrown into a grown-up murder investigation.

“Mystery Team” is wildly uneven but I enjoyed it a lot. What could either be or border on creepy (grown men acting like innocent children) works here based on the likeability and full commitment of the cast. Donald Glover (“Community”)…

• Eve A Shaw

★★★½ Added by Eve A Shaw

These are my sons, Benny, and the Jets. I expected this from you Benny, but not you, The Jets.
    This film is fucking awesome.