• Kayla

★★★½ Watched by Kayla 27 Jan, 2016

Had to watch for Donald Glover; better (funny, well shot, awesome cast) than I expected it to be.

• Crystal

★★★ Watched by Crystal 28 Jun, 2010

So incredibly weird but also weirdly charming.

• ander

★★★½ Rewatched by ander 09 Jan, 2016

remember the very 2009 dream of online sketch groups being able to make a successful movie based on talent and motivation alone? nowadays they're lucky to get short-lived deep cable TV series. that this is very much an independent affair, with the lead actor-writers also taking up scoring and art direction, is felt. and it's main goal is just to be funny, which already puts it ahead of most independent comedy. What makes this worth revisiting for me is the…

• Fish

★★★½ Watched by Fish 19 Dec, 2015

Well, what an early Christmas present 'Mystery Team' turned out to be! On paper, this film should fail miserably, I think I was even trying to resist it at the start, but boy, did I yield in the end.

With the slapstickly charismatic Donald Glover leading the line, it is hard not to fall for the charm, albeit the kind of charm that would make you punch someone in real life for. It is a coming of age film, that…

• sandrocorvetto

★★★ Watched by sandrocorvetto 13 Dec, 2015

It ran the risk of being really annoying, but they did a good job at making the characters likable even if at moments the movie is a bit awkward, the tone is not always consistent and the gross out humor doesn't work.

A fun watch

• Mixtape

★★★ Added by Mixtape

Donald Glover stars as a weirdo with all white friends and a white love interest that does weird and annoying shit.

pretty sure this is a documentary.

• Ketchy

★★★★½ Watched by Ketchy 05 Dec, 2015

Always nice to revisit this one.

• MichaelEternity

★★★½ Watched by MichaelEternity 16 Nov, 2015

We all choose to watch certain movies for our own reasons; there being an ever-decreasing amount of time left in our lives against an ever-growing stockpile of movies being made, none of us can see everything, though I'm sure every serious movie fan has gone through phases of trying to pull that off (my main one: 2000-2008). So instead we gotta reject a lot of 'em, or put 'em on hold, line 'em up for later in our queues and…

• wintermute47

★½ Watched by wintermute47 14 Nov, 2015

Dumb characters can be funny. Jane, in 'Firefly' and 'Serenity' occasionally says or does unintelligent things to comic effect, but I think the reason it works is that he's otherwise a fully-formed character. His stupidity doesn't prevent him from functioning and contributing. The characters in 'Mystery Team,' however, are so dumb that it's impossible to imagine them existing in anything like a real world. A disappointing effort from writer/actor Donald Glover.

• bashfoal

Watched by bashfoal 30 Oct, 2015

Only managed to finish this because it was the only movie in my mom's minivan on the way to the waterpark.

• BennyWestside

★★★★ Added by BennyWestside

This movie is hilarious.

It's about a team of crime fighting kids who grow up and still are child detectives...

• Tara

★★½ Watched by Tara 31 Aug, 2015

I honestly don't know what to think about this movie. I found it pretty funny at times. Donald Glover has great comedic delivery, so without him as the lead I doubt this would have worked at all.

This was filmed in the area I grew up in, so that's pretty cool I guess. Random fact: I used to drive past that strip club all the time on the way to my after-school job.