• MichaelEternity

★★★½ Watched by MichaelEternity 16 Nov, 2015

We all choose to watch certain movies for our own reasons; there being an ever-decreasing amount of time left in our lives against an ever-growing stockpile of movies being made, none of us can see everything, though I'm sure every serious movie fan has gone through phases of trying to pull that off (my main one: 2000-2008). So instead we gotta reject a lot of 'em, or put 'em on hold, line 'em up for later in our queues and…

• wintermute47

★½ Watched by wintermute47 14 Nov, 2015

Dumb characters can be funny. Jane, in 'Firefly' and 'Serenity' occasionally says or does unintelligent things to comic effect, but I think the reason it works is that he's otherwise a fully-formed character. His stupidity doesn't prevent him from functioning and contributing. The characters in 'Mystery Team,' however, are so dumb that it's impossible to imagine them existing in anything like a real world. A disappointing effort from writer/actor Donald Glover.

• bashfoal

Watched by bashfoal 30 Oct, 2015

Only managed to finish this because it was the only movie in my mom's minivan on the way to the waterpark.

• BennyWestside

★★★★ Added by BennyWestside

This movie is hilarious.

It's about a team of crime fighting kids who grow up and still are child detectives...

• Tara

★★½ Watched by Tara 31 Aug, 2015

I honestly don't know what to think about this movie. I found it pretty funny at times. Donald Glover has great comedic delivery, so without him as the lead I doubt this would have worked at all.

This was filmed in the area I grew up in, so that's pretty cool I guess. Random fact: I used to drive past that strip club all the time on the way to my after-school job.

• CarcinoGent

★★★½ Added by CarcinoGent

At times hilarious, at others, not-so-funny, but overall an enjoyable low budget comedy.

• Concertina

½ Watched by Concertina 12 Aug, 2015 2

Odio ese humor donde tienen que actuar como idiotas, porque el burlarte de alguien que aparenta retrasado es super gracioso...

• Francois beavertree.

★★★ Watched by Francois beavertree. 31 Jul, 2015

Pretty average movie I guess, there were a few funny parts but most of the other jokes weren't good, also their acting wasn't good they were supposed to be 18 year olds acting like little kids but they over did it most of the time.

• Will Peters

★★★★★ Added by Will Peters

HILARIOUS! That's all that needs to be said. I wish Derrick Comedy would make another movie. This is pure gold! I've shown this movie to so many people and nobody has been disappointed yet! Just a fun funny movie.

• Emmanuel Serratos

★★★★ Rewatched by Emmanuel Serratos 03 Jul, 2015

this movie is art

• cblaze

★★★★ Rewatched by cblaze 07 Jun, 2015

Film 10/30 of Scavenger Hunt Challenge #3

Task #6. A film featuring children's toys

'Mystery Team' is a light hearted, dumb funny film that holds up on multiple viewings. The premise barely makes sense - but they build a world in which it's at least plausible. Unfortunately, the premise stretched to feature length starts to wear a little thin - I'm not much of a fan of gross-out jokes and their are a few (poop and barf jokes are…

• robyn