• Mr. DuLac

★★★★ Watched by Mr. DuLac 01 May, 2016

Frank! Sometimes I wish you didn't beat that cancer. I really do.
    -Jim

I found this on Hulu by complete fluke. I don't even remember what I was searching for as I added this to my queue months ago just because Donal Glover is in it. Going by the poster I thought this would probably be a bad movie, but maybe fun regardless. I had no damn idea what I was in for.

I had never heard of the comedy…

• Nick

★★★★★ Added by Nick

I've watched this movie a dozen times. The only time I've turned it off was to have sex.

• Arf Ortiyef

★★½ Watched by Arf Ortiyef 28 Apr, 2016

good try

• Brakywaki

★★★★½ Watched by Brakywaki 13 Apr, 2016

Every time I hear that kid say "oh fuck, it's Mystery Team" I fucking lose it.

Also if you're in this movie there is a good chance you ended up in a show on NBC for some weird reason.

• Bryan Colley

★★½ Added by Bryan Colley

Three high school seniors are still living their childhood dream of being ace junior detectives when they're asked to solve a murder case. The clever script and appealing cast can't save this misdirected film that began life as internet shorts. It initially appears to be an appealing family film like anything Disney might churn out, but it's loaded with so much language, nudity, sex, and grotesqueries that I don't have a clue who the audience is. 8-year-old adults? Too bad, because there's some real humor in there.

• Craig Hart

★★★★ Added by Craig Hart

I was up to my eyeballs in Encyclopedia Brown and the Hardy Boys in my formative years. This comedy apes that genre, transporting those same kind of know-it-all boy detectives to the present day, like people lost in time. The Mystery Team is 3 boy-men who refuse to grow-up: Jason, the master of disguise...whose disguises are dated and lame; Duncan, boy genius...who really just memorized a bunch of trivia; and Charlie, the "strongest kid in town"...who is skinny as a…

• Ashton Kinley

★★★ Watched by Ashton Kinley 14 Feb, 2016

Mystery Team is at once charming in the way it plays its premise (the not so grownup grownups solving mysteries) straight, and at once infuriatingly juvenile. Relying far too much on gross-out gags and shock humour, the film feels like it knew stretching out the main conceit of the narrative couldn't really support a feature length film.

At times feeling like an extended SNL skit, Mystery Team is a film that should have been more confident in the subtle moments where the humour hits quite well.

• Kayla

★★★½ Watched by Kayla 27 Jan, 2016

Had to watch for Donald Glover; better (funny, well shot, awesome cast) than I expected it to be.

• Crystal

★★★ Watched by Crystal 28 Jun, 2010

So incredibly weird but also weirdly charming.

• ander

★★★½ Rewatched by ander 09 Jan, 2016

remember the very 2009 dream of online sketch groups being able to make a successful movie based on talent and motivation alone? nowadays they're lucky to get short-lived deep cable TV series. that this is very much an independent affair, with the lead actor-writers also taking up scoring and art direction, is felt. and it's main goal is just to be funny, which already puts it ahead of most independent comedy. What makes this worth revisiting for me is the…

• Fish

★★★½ Watched by Fish 19 Dec, 2015

Well, what an early Christmas present 'Mystery Team' turned out to be! On paper, this film should fail miserably, I think I was even trying to resist it at the start, but boy, did I yield in the end.

With the slapstickly charismatic Donald Glover leading the line, it is hard not to fall for the charm, albeit the kind of charm that would make you punch someone in real life for. It is a coming of age film, that…

• sandrocorvetto

★★★ Watched by sandrocorvetto 13 Dec, 2015

It ran the risk of being really annoying, but they did a good job at making the characters likable even if at moments the movie is a bit awkward, the tone is not always consistent and the gross out humor doesn't work.

A fun watch