• William Teasdale

★★★★★ Added by William Teasdale

i love donald glover

• Jordan

★★★★★ Added by Jordan

Mystery Team appeals perfectly to my sense of humor. Derrick Comedy does a wonderful job at bringing their internet presence to life on the "big screen," - pulling from a considerable pool of talent. Utterly preposterous, and little more than a long string of silly jokes, Mystery Team is one of my all-time favorite independent comedies.

• Zach Skov

★★★★½ Rewatched by Zach Skov 07 Feb, 2015 2

Always one of my favorites to watch with friends.

A highly slept on comedy that I wish was seen by more people. Everyone that I've shown this to has loved it.

• Chris Alley

Watched by Chris Alley 16 May, 2011

Derrick Comedy's first full length movie has a bunch of really funny jokes, but by 45 minutes into the movie I was ready for it to be over.

• Gaz Elliott

★★½ Watched by Gaz Elliott 29 Jan, 2015

Dan Eckman's feature debut about a group of geeky, former Encyclopaedia Brown-style child detectives struggle to solve an adult mystery.
    It's relatively middle-of-the-road fare but it has its comical moments & a few brilliant throw-away one-liners.

• Dave Wain

★★★½ Watched by Dave Wain 12 Jan, 2015

How has this not had a UK release?

Excellent, original comedy from Community's Donald Glover and crew that brilliantly puts three overgrown child detectives into a world where there's something more sinister to investigate than a fingered pie! Genius.

• Gregory David Escobar

★★★★ Watched by Emmanuel Serratos 26 Dec, 2014

solider

• Anna Hurley

★★★½ Added by Anna Hurley

This movie is ridiculous.

• Frank Wells

★★★ Watched by Frank Wells 12 Nov, 2014

“Mystery Team” is a 2009 comedy from sketch group Derrick Comedy about a trio of high school seniors (Donald Glover, Dominic Dierkes, DC Pierson) who are naive “child” detectives in the Encyclopedia Brown mode thrown into a grown-up murder investigation.

“Mystery Team” is wildly uneven but I enjoyed it a lot. What could either be or border on creepy (grown men acting like innocent children) works here based on the likeability and full commitment of the cast. Donald Glover (“Community”)…

• Eve A Shaw

★★★½ Added by Eve A Shaw

These are my sons, Benny, and the Jets. I expected this from you Benny, but not you, The Jets.
    This film is fucking awesome.

• Joe

★★★ Rewatched by Joe 17 Sep, 2014

A really dumb-funny movie and idea, with absurdity / great moments lurking on the edges. Like a less-consistent Hot Rod.