• Will Peters

★★★★★ Added by Will Peters

HILARIOUS! That's all that needs to be said. I wish Derrick Comedy would make another movie. This is pure gold! I've shown this movie to so many people and nobody has been disappointed yet! Just a fun funny movie.

• Emmanuel Serratos

★★★★ Rewatched by Emmanuel Serratos 03 Jul, 2015

this movie is art

• cblaze

★★★★ Rewatched by cblaze 07 Jun, 2015

Film 10/30 of Scavenger Hunt Challenge #3

letterboxd.com/cblaze/list/scavenger-hunt-3/

Task #6. A film featuring children's toys

'Mystery Team' is a light hearted, dumb funny film that holds up on multiple viewings. The premise barely makes sense - but they build a world in which it's at least plausible. Unfortunately, the premise stretched to feature length starts to wear a little thin - I'm not much of a fan of gross-out jokes and their are a few (poop and barf jokes are…

• Robyn

★★★★½ Watched by Robyn 07 Jun, 2015

AND THESE ARE MY SONS, BENNY AND.... THE JETS.

• lonestarr357

★★★ Rewatched by lonestarr357 30 May, 2015

A trio of teenage crime-solvers may be in over their heads while investigating their latest case. This amusing comedy tells its one joke fairly well, as our heroes retain adolescent thinking in a grown-up (and tawdry) world.

However, some of the best moments come from the edges of the story courtesy of Matt Walsh, Bobby Moynihan and Xavier Salazar.

• wildestpenfield

★★★★ Added by wildestpenfield

The first film I've seen to capture the comedic vibe of Community or 30 Rock (not surprising, since Donald Glover writes, stars, composes, and presumably best boys), it's one of my favourite comedies of the century. The reason it only gets a recommendation star-wise (though I`ll happily upgrade to highly recommended status for fans of those shows) is that it is more than a little rough around the edges (and heads worryingly early into the gross-out zone, though thankfully recovers), and as such keeps promising to be better than it ever actually is. Still, an immensely likeable film by my reckoning.

• William Teasdale

★★★★★ Added by William Teasdale

i love donald glover

• Jordan

★★★★★ Added by Jordan

Mystery Team appeals perfectly to my sense of humor. Derrick Comedy does a wonderful job at bringing their internet presence to life on the "big screen," - pulling from a considerable pool of talent. Utterly preposterous, and little more than a long string of silly jokes, Mystery Team is one of my all-time favorite independent comedies.

• Zach Skov

★★★★½ Rewatched by Zach Skov 07 Feb, 2015 2

Always one of my favorites to watch with friends.

A highly slept on comedy that I wish was seen by more people. Everyone that I've shown this to has loved it.

• Chris Alley

Watched by Chris Alley 16 May, 2011

Derrick Comedy's first full length movie has a bunch of really funny jokes, but by 45 minutes into the movie I was ready for it to be over.

• Gaz Elliott

★★½ Watched by Gaz Elliott 29 Jan, 2015

Dan Eckman's feature debut about a group of geeky, former Encyclopaedia Brown-style child detectives struggle to solve an adult mystery.
    It's relatively middle-of-the-road fare but it has its comical moments & a few brilliant throw-away one-liners.

• Dave Wain

★★★½ Watched by Dave Wain 12 Jan, 2015

How has this not had a UK release?

Excellent, original comedy from Community's Donald Glover and crew that brilliantly puts three overgrown child detectives into a world where there's something more sinister to investigate than a fingered pie! Genius.