• Chris Browning

★★ Watched by Chris Browning 01 Aug, 2015

ooh hark at us with our quirky camera placement and colour choices and set design! lawks! look at the costumes and the way everyone's really awkward! swipe me! isn't everything so wacky and skewed!

i haven't seen a film so pleased with itself in a very, very long time. this must be how people who don't like wes anderson films see his movies. but they're good. this is just... oof. no. never again

• Zack Wallace

★★★★★ Rewatched by Zack Wallace 31 Jul, 2015

The ending scenes of this movie are absolute fucking perfection.

This movie never fails to take me back to 8th grade. There is a little bit of Napoleon Dynamite in all of us.

I fucking love this movie.

• Han1981

★★½ Watched by Han1981 27 Jul, 2015

2.75 Goshh!

• CharlieMcCrary

★★★½ Rewatched by CharlieMcCrary 27 Jul, 2015

This is one of those movies you watch when you want to feel better about your own life.

• t2kickassjedi

★★★★★ Added by t2kickassjedi

Napoleon Dynamite is a really fun and wacky comedy and Jon Heder is hilarious.

• mfulton

★★★½ Added by mfulton

B

• Audiences Everywhere

★½ Added by Audiences Everywhere

"What is astonishing—astonishing to me, if not to the film’s army of fans—is that Napoleon Dynamite has gathered its reputation without one apparent punch line. The film insists on its only joke, the thinly-stretched assertion that this quirky cast of characters creates 82 minutes worth of funny."

Read David Shreve's full review here.

• Henry Warthrop

★★★★ Watched by Henry Warthrop 06 Jul, 2015

ENTRY #19 ON THE BUCKET LIST

B:
    *WUNDERBAR*

Jared Hess took an unprecedented gamble with 'Napoleon Dynamite': He crafted an epic comedy completely out of endlessly awkward beats. About 56% of humanity actually understands awkward humor, and I believe I'm in that percentage. This film entertained the heck out of me, because literally every frame has been thoroughly examined and made as utterly ridiculous and tactless as possible. Even Napoleon's stupid leering grin makes me laugh, just from the poster.…

• Dalton Henderson

★★★★★ Added by Dalton Henderson

I can't tell you how much I LOVE this movie. It is absolutely hilarious oddball humor, and I've seen it so many times, it never gets old. My all-time favorite comedy.

• Diz Hooper

★★★★★ Watched by Diz Hooper 05 Jul, 2015

This holds up to repeated views. I've seen it dozens of times, and it's still funny every time.

• fermion

★★★★ Watched by fermion 04 Jul, 2015

Old Goat

Old goat, I feel you febrile
    Do you like my little navel ?
    I hear screaming in the wind
    Is this the cry of a dog, a child ?
    Old goat, you're frail
    Do you like my matins bells ?
    The hymen will be my gift
    Now I have hell in the blood

My little soul is dirty
    Take her in your arms bare
    And I'll go far, far away, so far away
    Away from you, old rogue…

• NLK

★★ Watched by NLK 25 Jun, 2015

The filmic equivalent of hanging out with the "weird, nerdy" kids just to make fun of them. Is there any joke in the movie that doesnt basically boil down to "ohmygawd these people are just soo lame"?