• Peter Grantham

★★★ Watched by Peter Grantham 29 Nov, 2015

Napoleon Dynamite is sweet and refreshingly free of the usual crude stuff on display in teen comedies.

• PsychoKiller

★★★ Added by PsychoKiller

The first time I watched the film I thought it was slow and not good. After watching it a second time I saw the humor in it.

• Dominic Cobb

★★★★ Watched by Dominic Cobb 28 Nov, 2015

For the longest time, I had the idea, for some reason, that I was going to hate this movie. I'd seen bits and pieces of it on TV, and everything seemed to point me to the idea it'd be painfully stupid and horrible.
    But, I loved it. It's stupid, but it's that kind of stupid that's so self aware of its stupidity that you can't help but enjoy it.
    Also: this is totally inspired by Wes Anderson. It's so obvious.

• Nablo

★★★★½ Watched by Nablo 06 Aug, 2015

A film where no a lot really happens, yet somehow its filled with such funny characters and moments that it becomes memorable.

"Napoleon Dynamite: Stay home and eat all the freakin' chips, Kip.
    Kip: Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes... *all day*. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
    Napoleon Dynamite: Since when, Kip? You have the worst reflexes of all time.
    Kip: Try and hit me, Napoleon.
    Napoleon Dynamite: What?
    Kip: I said come down here and see what happens if you try and hit me."

• Nick Silvia

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nick Silvia 21 Nov, 2015

Yes, it is so-dumb-it's-funny, but there's more going on at the heart of Napoleon Dynamite. It's a tale of outcasts that, while being absolutely hilarious, is also a bit poignant. It's a film about being different in a world where it's frowned upon to be "different".

Or maybe I'm ready to much into it.

• phil haigh

★★★ Watched by phil haigh 16 Nov, 2015

Alienated geeky teen with surreal family. Entertaining deadpan performances and unusual flat shots remind me a bit of Wes Anderson in The Royal Tenenbaums.

• Eric Majewski

★★★ Rewatched by Eric Majewski 25 Oct, 2015

Still made me laugh a few times

• alan partridge

★★★½ Added by alan partridge

i must admit i did not get the quirky appeal of this film the first time i saw it ,but after several views i have got quite enamored with the story of Napoleons life and equally odd family i must admit in places its quite surreal,but i always did love the ending recreated many times on YouTube,I'm talking about the dance,its a joy to behold and ultimately gives one of life's losers hes day in the sun,and makes for a very uplifting viewing experience.

• Will

★★★½ Watched by Will 08 Oct, 2015

What an odd movie, is what everybody who ever see’s this says whether it’s in a good or bad way. Napoleon Dynamite is a comedy movie independently made by Jared Hess and is a real kind of unknown personnel kind of movie(well it was before it was released), it stars a bunch of people not really too known and made on a very low budget and yet still, this is a good movie. Now I can see why some people…

• JonTheMantis

★★★½ Watched by JonTheMantis 05 Oct, 2015

I was caught off guard with its distinct lack of singular plot, but it was still a hilarious movie with plenty of memorable lines.

• Peazze

★★★★ Watched by Peazze 05 Oct, 2015

Those dance moves ... hilarious. This movie hit my kind of humour !

• Abe Rawles

★★ Added by Abe Rawles 3

I don't think this film is that funny. I recognize that a majority of people find this movie hilarious. I do not. Too many awkward scenes. The dance was impressive will give him that.