• bcc

★★★★★ Rewatched by bcc 26 Apr, 2015

My favorite comedy movie of all times. Most people will not understand how can anyone find any of it funny, small percentage will love it. Everything about the movie is hilarious.

Most cult movies could be made so much better with minor tweaks, but I can’t think of anything that ought to be changed in Napoleon Dynamite – the movie is perfect as it is.

Movies with a similarly absurd and unhumorously hilarious and deadpan delivery of lines are probably…

• JohnAllegretti

Added by JohnAllegretti

PCS 7th Grade - DVD

• Marna Larsen

★★★★★ Added by Marna Larsen

There were just so many of us out there. Twenty-two year old's (that for all intents and purposes had not matured past fifteen). It explains why so many of us liked movies like Mean Girls and Juno and...

Actually, I feel this movie is a big exception. There were so many that I just watched because my teens were torture and I wanted to imagine some better scenario that I would never watch now (like Juno or Whip It -…

• Fidel Ojea

★★ Watched by Fidel Ojea 08 Apr, 2015

Esta peli resume todo lo que está mal con el moderneo y el distanciamiento irónico, con un final hipócrita que contradice todo el (asqueroso) discurso anterior solo para encajar en el Canon Sundance De Finales Del Buenrro, y dirigida por alguien a quien claramente le gusta mucho Wes Anderson por todas las razones equivocadas.

Es una pena, porque hay un par de gags bastante graciosos, y estoy seguro de que en algún universo paralelo hay una versión honesta y menos recargada de la película que me gustaría mucho.

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★ Watched by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson 03 Apr, 2015

I don't even know what to think about "Napoleon Dynamite". On the one hand, there were moments that had me laughing out loud, and wholly transfixed by the strange world that the film had enveloped me in, and on the other hand there were stretches where I was bored and very, very confused.

"Napoleon Dynamite" is certainly unlike any comedy, or movie, I've ever seen. It's a style-over-substance character study that's set in a world that feels 20 years out…

• paul indrome

★★★★ Watched by paul indrome 26 Mar, 2015

much emotions, true feelings, wish i could be young forever lik napoleon

• Corey Hiscocks

★★★½ Rewatched by Corey Hiscocks 22 Mar, 2015

Removed from a context in which every person in the world decided they could deliver every line of this movie better than Napoleon himself, the film feels really refreshing and still so unlike anything else out there.

Half of the laughs don't really work for me, but the others are still great and, being a teacher, my opinion on the dance number near the end has changed entirely: I only wish some of my students, talented in ways unorthodox, would be on the receiving end of such fanfare after putting themselves so far out on the line.

• David Gómez-Rosado

★★★ Watched by David Gómez-Rosado 20 Mar, 2008

I do not know if to like or hate this movie... The character is worth renting. But not the most revolutionary filmmaking

• Jamie Rogers

★★★★ Added by Jamie Rogers

Fun and humorous without being forcibly quirky and weird, Napoleon Dynamite finds the balance that many "awkward teen" comedies strive to reach.

• DrStrangeblog

★★★½ Added by DrStrangeblog

What an odd, odd little film! Very deadpan comedy centering around an unforgettable characterization of the biggest dork ever seen in the movies played superbly by Jon Heder and follows his activities for a few weeks in Nowheresville, Idaho circa 1987. Filled with more kooks this side of the Coen Brothers, including van-dwelling Uncle Rico who considers himself the world's greatest undrafted quarterback, Diedrich Bader as a martial arts instructor in stars-and-stripes pants, Pedro the head-shaving new student of few…

• Peter Ericson

★★★ Rewatched by Peter Ericson 18 Mar, 2015

• Raul Marques

★★★ Watched by Raul Marques 15 Mar, 2015

Probably deserves its cult status. It's aesthetically pleasing, features iconic songs, mem(e)orable scenes and pretty funny characters like Kit, Pedro and, of course, Tina The Llama. However, I also get why so many people dislike it. Some of the characters are kind of unlikable, including Napoleon, and a good number of "jokes" is based on gratuitous awkwardness. Great dance sequence though.