• MovieMan23

★★★★ Added by MovieMan23

One of my favorite comedies, hilarious.

• salma

Added by salma 1

I'm not actually sure if I liked this or not

• Fsjallink

★★★★ Added by Fsjallink

Visuals/Presentation: 8/10
    Story/Screenplay: 8/10
    Acting: 7/10
    Audio/Music: 8/10
    Direction: 7/10
    Pacing/Editing: 8/10

Napoleon Dynamite is the type of movie where you will love or hate. I personally loved it. Its bizarre sense of humor, its portrayal of loneliness, its quotability, its cinematography all contribute to why I like it so much. Its sense of humor may not be to everyone's liking, which is understandable, but I found myself laughing at how strange some of the lines are. The performances in the movie are all very deadpan, which also contributes to the humor.

• James Healey

★½ Watched by James Healey 09 Jan, 2013

Terrible film, bad plot, just boring. A comedy where I didn't even come close to laughing. Seemed to just rely on goofy characters and awkward silences to get laughs.

• Andrew Nichols

½ Added by Andrew Nichols

shit.

• Fran

★★★½ Added by Fran

Meme-worthy.

• Dan Bergstrom

★★★ Added by Dan Bergstrom

This is another one of those movies that gets worse every time you watch it. I'm to the point now where the only things I can tolerate are Uncle Rico and Kip.

The only non-Rico/Kip scene I like is the "Pedro offers you his protection" bit. I still laugh at that one. Everything else is boring. I blame John Heder. Maybe it's seeing him and his lack of any range in anything else several times in the last decade. Maybe…

• Josiah Morgan

★★½ Watched by Josiah Morgan 31 Oct, 2014

Not. At all. My thing.

• feedingbrett

★★★★★ Rewatched by feedingbrett 29 Oct, 2014 7

Included In Lists:
    Great Movies

Review In A Nutshell:

I know. I cannot believe it either! Napoleon Dynamite was such a rich and enthralling experience. My previous experience of the film was hazy but what was for sure was that I felt it was dull and unappealing due to its deadpan characters and lack of real plot, but coming back to this with a more mature and aware mindset, I was able to find the gems behind the film's supposed…

• Zack_Sheng

★★★ Watched by Zack_Sheng 26 Oct, 2014

@Home

• Preyesh Sankarparsad

★★★ Rewatched by Preyesh Sankarparsad 21 Oct, 2014

This was a "totally sweet" film! I think all the ingredients of this movie came together perfectly: The setting, the characters, the small town feel, the little bits and pieces here and there...
    I heard about this movie a few times, but never really watched it - then I recorded it when it was on TV, and BOOM!! I was totally into it thereafter! Its one of those movies that you can just sit and watch and you end up feeling happier about yourself thereafter! Also, that "sick" dance of Napoleon at the end just WINS!!!

• Losa

★★★★ Rewatched by Losa 19 Oct, 2014

I saw this a long time ago and didn't appreciate it. (Was in like 4th or 5th grade.)

But now I think it's awesome. I understand all the quotes now.