• Moss Cohen

★★★★★ Watched by Moss Cohen 04 May, 2016 2

I'm not usually one for Altman, so I wasn't sure how I would feel about this one, but this is just an incredible movie.

• Troy Taylor

★★★★½ Watched by Troy Taylor 30 Apr, 2016

I expected to appreciate Nashville, but not to like it as much as I did. Even an hour in, I don't think I realized how good this movie was. Then it dawned on me, "this is really freakin good movie."

Like most Altman movies, it's an ensemble cast who passes us back on forth from plot line to plot line inside the same, large plot. This is by far, the Altman movie I've enjoyed the most.

The music is a…

• Randolph Clapp

★★★★★ Watched by Randolph Clapp 03 May, 2016

Here I thought Magnolia had the biggest, most interesting cast. This is a serious contender for that spot.

Nashville is an incredibly intriguing mosaic of so many different characters, each with their own motivations, talents, and shortcomings. There is no central story; just a delicious slice of life from each of the 20+ people trying to make it in 70's Nashville blended into a visually rich and thematically dense epic.

This is only my first viewing, but I can definitely see why this film is often referred to as one of the best American films ever crafted. Thank you, Altman.

• Arch F

★★★★★ Watched by Arch F 03 May, 2016

It was 2 a.m. and I couldn't sleep so I figured I should watch a really long movie. There's nothing more mesmerizing than a film by Robert Altman spilling out a story into your mind and letting it trickle down your senses. It works on just about anything he does, except for Brewster McCloud, which nearly made me vomit. But other than that, you always know what to expect from Altman, and he delivers. His films aren't so accessible where…

• m8ben

★★★★★ Watched by m8ben 02 May, 2016

dis the weird and wacky America u always wanted to visit... but seriously don't pay much attention to pop music or politics

• Matt

★★★★★ Watched by Matt 28 Apr, 2016

Nashville is glowing celebration of the vast array of eccentrics searching for the American dream while also simultaneously a satire of those same values. If there was an American bible and it was visual Robert Altman would be either Matthew, Mark, Luke or John. Actually he would probably be all four.

• Allan

★★★★½ Rewatched by Allan 30 Apr, 2016

Walker 2016: Make Christmas smell of oranges again

• James Bates

★★★★★ Rewatched by James Bates 29 Apr, 2016

On many occasions I've revisited films I disliked and really hated in the past and gave them a re-watch, to determine whether my opinion has changed or perhaps maybe the conditions I watched them under originally weren't the right way to watch the film.

It was exactly 6 months (it was purely coincidental) after I had last seen, and very much disliked Robert Altman's Nashville, when I decided to give it another shot since it had been added to Netflix.…

• fonz

★★★★½ Watched by fonz 23 Apr, 2016

To put off watching this until the ideal situation came up was completely worth it: at the Alamo Drafthouse with the Demon Dog of American Literature (James Ellroy) presenting the film and Dave Peel (Bud Hamilton) singing during the pre-show. Any other exhibition, specifically one at home, would not be adequate. A film such as this needs to be experienced in the theater where your attention can be completely focused on the sights and sounds before and around you. I…

• Patrick Gaertner

★★★★½ Watched by Patrick Gaertner 23 Apr, 2016

Robert Altman's satiric, rambling, and ever prescient masterpiece is truly a thing to behold. Seeing the way he expertly maneuvers two dozen characters, each with their own stories, while successfully juggling multiple tones is remarkable. And that biting satire mixed with a kind of earnest celebration of America, with its good and bad, truly makes it a classic of American cinema.

And that last song, "They say I'm not free, but that don't bother me." The rallying cry for the masses.

• Rane Peerson

Watched by Rane Peerson 23 Apr, 2016

A whole hell of a lot to unpack and consider here, but that don't worry me.

• Nicolas Scroggins

★★★½ Watched by Nicolas Scroggins 19 Apr, 2016

Robert Altman is relentless in his way of judging every single person in this film (except for African Americans). Although the film tends to run a bit long, the cinematography and the art direction is stunning. This is an intelligent film and the first I've seen in which the ethnicity of whiteness, (enthnicity not race) or white culture, has been shown on screen. Granted, the point of view is a biased one, the film still manages to observe a culture which is pretty believable.