• Zack Ford

★★★★★ Watched by Zack Ford 28 Apr, 2015

Every little second, every little action matters. You can read so much from the tiniest gesture and reactions, creating a community that is very lived in.

• Paulo Godchalk

★★★★★ Rewatched by Paulo Godchalk 03 May, 2015

This is an astonishing achievement. Words fail me.

How about this: Nashville is probably the best American film yet made.

• jimmymarkum

★★★★½ Rewatched by jimmymarkum 02 May, 2015

She, uhm... Did you ever hear a chicken sound? You know how chickens go? Here, chick, chick, chick! Here, chick, chick, chick!

In Altman's famous 160-minute long musical drama, the eponymous Tennessee town is at the same time the scene of a country music festival and one of the stopovers of a US presidential campaign. An unusual-ly metaphorical, synecdochical picture for its times: the Nashville-the-movie's Today's America was (quite rightly I think) for Altman, the America of those country-music-singer-and/or-lover-characters. She…

• Emmett Foss

★★★★★ Rewatched by Emmett Foss 02 May, 2015

Unbelievably great. Better the second time, and definitely one of my all-time favorites.

• Tom Grieve

★★★★★ Rewatched by Tom Grieve 26 Apr, 2015

Feels so much more focused on second go 'round. It's still loose and meandering—as you want it to be—but it's meandering and manoeuvring to that finale.

• Arthur Azir

★★★½ Rewatched by Arthur Azir 20 Apr, 2015

É um filme com um enorme potencial desperdiçado. Difícil pensar que Robert Altman não conseguiu conduzir uma trama com dezenas de personagem.

O problema de Nashville não é seu tema ser sobre nada; mas sim, tentar falar sobre tudo e não atingir nada. O comentário sobre a desilusão da política estadunidense pós-Watergate e Guerra do Vietnã é superficial demais, assim como o assunto de família abordado.

Quase três horas de filme que agradam por suas boas músicas, excelentes atuações e boa direção.

• Josh Rosenfield

★★★★★ Watched by Josh Rosenfield 19 Apr, 2015 1

Synchronized differences, ordered chaos, beautifully composed madness.

• aldy

★★★★★ Watched by aldy 17 Apr, 2015

Nashville was amazing. With its twenty-four main characters and numerous intersecting storylines, movies on this scale and with this complexity are a rarity and it's a wonder that Robert Altman pulled it off. The film's intricacies never distracted from the plot nor drew attention to themselves, allowing you to absorb what was happening on screen and comfortably follow the story. Now, this isn't necessarily a flaw but while something was always happening and it was consistently engaging to watch, I…

• Patrick Boberg

★★★★½ Watched by Patrick Boberg 15 Apr, 2015

Maybe the best film showcasing the intersecting stories and lives of disparate characters.

• Ryan Ferguson

★★★ Watched by Ryan Ferguson 12 Apr, 2015

Somehow I've never seen this, now I have. Life goes on...

• Eiganerd

★★★ Watched by Eiganerd 12 Apr, 2015

Best origin story for Robocop's Warren Reed (Robert DoQui) I could have possibly imagined.

• Jesper Olsen

★★★ Watched by Jesper Olsen 06 Apr, 2015

I struggled a lot with the exhausting amount of country music (the worst kind of music) in this. Otherwise it's pretty super-duper.