• Erik Hawkins

★★★★★ Rewatched by Erik Hawkins 22 Nov, 2014

You may say that I ain't free, but it don't worry me.

• Ben Riley

★★★★★ Watched by Ben Riley 21 Nov, 2014

This is an extraordinary movie.

• Michael "PhantomKnight" Dennos

★★★ Watched by Michael "PhantomKnight" Dennos 19 Nov, 2014

Of the two Robert Altman films I've now seen, I'd say M.A.S.H. is certainly the better one, and while I can't really call Nashville a complete success, it's not without its merits. First off, I think the film starts out really strong; the first hour or so is really quite fun and entertaining and all the various characters (of which there are plenty) are all introduced in pretty great ways, not to mention each one of them feels distinct. The…

• VNPryor

★★★★ Watched by VNPryor 19 Nov, 2014

So I just saw this for the first time, and I love it; it feels like you could watch it a hundred times and catch something new or different on each viewing, and it has an ending that straddles the line between triumphant transcendence and blisteringly bleak.

I have to say, though, I'm a little bit confused that so many people seem to think Karen Black is the one who does the striptease.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Karen Black. But hers is not a face you easily confuse with other faces...

• Jamés B

★½ Watched by Jamés B 17 Nov, 2014 3

Nashville, a large-ensemble drama directed by Robert Altman that explores the lives of those in the country music industry over the course of about a week in the mid-70s, nearly bored me to tears. Overlong, predictable, even hokey at times - the film tested my patience at every turn of its 160 minute runtime. The best I can say about it is that I will never have to watch it again.

• GKnight

★★★★½ Added by GKnight

A cinematic feat, featuring over 20 characters and dizzying array of interrelated storylines, yet somehow it manages to naturally come together. It does put audience's patience to a test, and I was a bit confused by its political undertones, but given that it's a very 70's movie, it probably made more sense at the time.

• Jook

Watched by Jook 15 Nov, 2014 2

Bored the crap out of me.

• Justin Swanson

★★★★ Watched by Justin Swanson 08 Nov, 2014

Interesting snapshot of a place in time. Emotionally and politically subversive.

• Emmett Foss

★★★★★ Watched by Emmett Foss 08 Nov, 2014

This is it

• Brandon Gray

★★★★★ Added by Brandon Gray

Shortly after watching this I heard a man on the radio say that people are capable of listening to 1.6 conversations at a time.

• coolihoma

★★★★★ Rewatched by coolihoma 30 Oct, 2014

I first watched this around 1990 as a teenager when I was really starting to get into film - it was among many of the foundational movies of my young life that came via Pauline Kael's "For Keeps," where she absolutely raves about it.

I hadn't seen it in 20 years, and now having watched it on a 61" screen with Pioneer sound and a lot of life lived, it's incredible how a film so of 1975 holds up -…

• Jaime Rebanal

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jaime Rebanal 29 Oct, 2014

"Nashville" is quite easily Robert Altman's biggest accomplishment as a film director. Once again, you're still stuck with that concept of a huge cast if you're familiar with his work. But right here is where he is at the very highest we could ever want him to be. Like "Short Cuts", all of his characters are interesting to watch on the screen all at the same time, and all of their very best qualities stick with you after that viewing.…