• Kate B.

★★★★ Watched by Kate B. 08 Feb, 2016

I'm not sure why I put this on my queue, other than I haven't seen much of Altman's movies.

Let's just say this wasn't the best choice for an after-work movie night on Monday. 2 hours and 40 minutes of meandering plot and lots of country music wore a bit thin, but I could still appreciate it. Some good performances and entertaining enough to keep me from stopping it halfway through. I'm glad I kept watching till the end!

• Spencer Howard

★★★★½ Watched by Spencer Howard 08 Feb, 2016 3

It's so big and so all over the place and yet exacting to the smallest degree.

• Gunnar Larson

★★★★½ Rewatched by Gunnar Larson 05 Feb, 2016

Altman's magnum opus. A sprawling epic. He manages to fit so many big things into a tight focus. Probably adding to my top 100 soon.

• Aaron

★★★★★ Watched by Aaron 05 Feb, 2016

If you're a fan of Boogie Nights, you must see this. The thematic elements and style that Paul Thomas Anderson borrows are as clear as day. I don't say that as a dig because I think that, in a lot of ways, PTA is able to succeed on levels where Altman didn't. That said, Altman achieves so much in this film that it succeeds in its own right.

The ability to craft a strong, focused, and coherent narrative while weaving…

• CinemaConnection1

★★★★★ Rewatched by CinemaConnection1 03 Feb, 2016

Find me a better movie. Find me a better damn movie.

America's got its issues, but we must be doing something right because we made Nashville.

• Joshua Brown

★★½ Watched by Joshua Brown 01 Feb, 2016

Altman is a filmmaker I just can't get into. I can admire the experiment but also can't shake the fact that the experiment is an experiment. However, the film's highs are extremely high, mainly Lily Tomlin and most of the musical stuff. If he had just managed to make it one big music montage and not so sprawling it would've worked for me. I actually think PTA managed to pull it off with Magnolia.

Also, I think its a very…

• Brett Leach

★★★★★ Rewatched by Brett Leach 30 Jan, 2016

Just a great American film from one of the greatest eras in American film. Also completely groundbreaking in the way it shifted narratives amongst a large cast, something that is pretty common now. Too many great scenes to list, but the final scenes always stands out for me. And the music is great.

• kylegarvey

★★★★★ Added by kylegarvey

You can whoop shallow patriotism, but just realize it's inauthentic, pre-manufactured, fake, pre-recorded, not worth much at all, music or politics or faith, no matter how loud or forceful or initially charming. All at once it's sublime and frustrating and yet the most happily soporific thing I think I've ever seen in my life, and I think you all know the kind of magical stew that comes out when you stir all of those together. Random country talking about itself?…

• Remy Anderson

Added by Remy Anderson

要是能少唱几首歌绝对可以压缩到两个小时以内…虽然主题一直贯穿其中但直到最后才明白电影所表达的这个主题是什么,这么拍确实有创意。莉莉汤普林能在这样的群戏里还能拿到一个女配的提名真是不容易

• infinite_vice

★★★★★ Rewatched by infinite_vice 05 Mar, 2015

This won't ever get old. One of the best American films ever made. The complexity of the dialog, the interaction of the characters, etc, etc

• hermannij

★★★★ Watched by hermannij 22 Jan, 2016

HAVEN HAMILTON: What a surprise. Julie Christie.
    CONNIE WHITE: Who's Julie Christie?
    HAVEN HAMILTON: Who's Julie Christie? She's a star. She's won an Academy Award.
    CONNIE WHITE: Oh!
    HAVEN HAMILTON: No, I'm not kiddin'. For one of those pictures. I don't know which one. She's done so many.
    CONNIE WHITE: Isn't he a gem? He's got the worst sense of humor.
    HAVEN HAMILTON: No, she's lovely.
    CONNIE WHITE: Oh, come on. She can't even comb her hair.

Awesome.

• Ulf Kjell Gür

★★★½ Rewatched by Ulf Kjell Gür 17 Jan, 2016

Revisiting "Nashville". Best viewing so far. The community is the story and front/back drop. The participants are obliged to wiggle, walk, sing and talk best they can. Since Altman love people/actors/extras nobody is offended. What a cast! Barbara Harris for one. "Nashville" has to be number 2 (6) in Altman's symphonic cinema suite.
    "It's all just one film to me. Just different chapters." (RA).