• Jon LeGris

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jon LeGris 30 Mar, 2015

(9.2/10)

• Will Perkins

★★★★½ Watched by Will Perkins 28 Mar, 2015

It don't worry me... 'cause I'm easy.

• Jon Baum

★★★★★ Watched by Jon Baum 24 Mar, 2015

The awesome levels are off the charts. A punch of realism, a stroke of absurdist humor, a dash of spectacle. Quintessential Altman.

• daveyjenkins

★★★★★ Rewatched by daveyjenkins 25 Mar, 2015

The ending of Nashville has always troubled me, and in some ways I think it's the perfect movie ending because the resolution is so teasingly opaque. On a very primal level I find it extremely upsetting – not so much when Ronee Blakley's Barbara Jean is hauled off the stage after being (we assume) assassinated, but when Barbara Harris comes onto the stage in the immediate aftermath and starts cheerily singing 'It Don't Worry Me.' (is it cheerful? It could…

• Geoff Todd

★★★★★ Rewatched by Geoff Todd 23 Mar, 2015

With Robert Altman commentary

• Jonathan Mackris

Watched by Jonathan Mackris 22 Mar, 2015 1

It feels good to finally be able to check this one off the list.

What can I say about this behemoth of a motion picture that hasn't been said before? Robert Altman's ability to weave this massive story together is uncanny and between this and the magnificent Short Cuts, Altman's talent as a cinematic artist truly shines. While I must admit to liking Short Cuts just a hair more (possibly due to my inclination towards Los Angeles), Nashville is nothing…

• Caleb Herring

★★★★ Watched by Caleb Herring 15 Mar, 2015

The film is basically a time capsule. Incredible ending, great dialogue, great music, great city.

• Jeremy Martin

★★★★ Rewatched by Jeremy Martin 13 Mar, 2015

This easily would have been 5 stars save for the fact that I abhor country music. First saw it in college but didn't understand what the big deal was - now I know. Upon finishing, had the urge to immediately watch it again.

• Jaime Rebanal

★★★★★ Added by Jaime Rebanal

Day 10 of the 30 Days of Movies Challenge: Your favourite director.

Robert Altman's greatest achievement as a film director (even though my personal favourite film of his is Short Cuts), and easily the very best musical that I've ever watched in my entire life so far.

• keenan_mt

★★★★ Added by keenan_mt

Nashville is one of those films that I didn’t think too much of when I first watched it, with a 2.5+ hour running time and a plot that weaves the individual stories of TWENTY FOUR characters it can feel tedious at times. When the film was over I felt confused, I put it out of my mind and moved on. However in the weeks that followed I found myself thinking about it over and over again. It’s a fascinating character…

• Paul Bulger

★★★½ Watched by Paul Bulger 06 Mar, 2015

In order to understand Nashville, try comparing it to 2001's Gosford Park, only Nashville has a far more understated plot with the reservation and depth of Ernest Hemingway. It contains a staggering amount of characters dropping in and out of focus, each with their own understated stories, a quiet sense of humor that rarely produces laughs though is consistently amusing, and a tantamount of subtlety that is likely to richly reward repeated viewings.
    It's a rare gem of a movie that greatly requires delving deep beneath a surface level viewing to reap its substance.

• Sabbir Parvez Shohan

★★★★★ Watched by Sabbir Parvez Shohan 04 Mar, 2015

Nashville (1975) is a delicate, easy-going but powerfully complex film. It peeps through our neuron cells and reminds us what we are, what the characters were and what we will be. Like the distinctively auteur execution of overlapping-dialogue style, Robert Altman gifts us a distinctive world. In this world we encounter stardom, freedom, ego, love, sex, responsibilities, sadness, madness and beyond everything- true force of life.

I would like to set-up Travis (Taxi Driver-1976) in this environment. While watching the…