• angela_gricar

★★ Watched by angela_gricar 31 Dec, 2007

Why was I watching this movie on NYE??

• kurly_n_krazy

Added by kurly_n_krazy

@Movie Theater

• Conan Tan

★★½ Watched by Conan Tan 18 Jun, 2016

It is less believable than the first movie but is a bit of a guilty pleasure I guess. Unlike Indy and Lara Croft before, Gates have the same love interest for the sequel.

• Jeremy Reviews Entertainment

★★★ Watched by Jeremy Reviews Entertainment 24 Jun, 2016

While it's quite similar to its predecessor, and it is a step down from it, "National Treasure: Book of Secrets" maintains the fun of the first, as well as the fun characters, and the mystery is quite intriguing, even if it isn't as cool as the one in the first. But as a whole, it is a fun sequel, and these are two fun movies that I would recommend.
    GRADE: B-

• Emily

★★★★ Added by Emily

this is why i passed us history in fourth grade

• Lauren Schultz

★★★ Rewatched by Lauren Schultz 21 Jun, 2016

"run along, you impossible child" oh same

• dean_

Watched by dean_ 08 Jun, 2016

more overtly influenced by indiana jones, and worse off for it. the third act in particular plays like subpar last crusade.

nic cage is more full-on crazy here tho, so thats something

• Josh Daws

★★½ Watched by Josh Daws 06 Jun, 2016

‘National Treasure: Book of Secrets’ is still as implausible, bone headed and predictable as its predecessor. It’s still as derivative of Da Vinci Code and Indiana Jones, it’s still as obnoxious in its flag waving and particularly in its portrayal of other cultures. Yet somehow it just doesn’t feel as objectionable as its predecessor through the sheer fact of its being a sequel. If you’re going to watch this, you’re going to know exactly what you’re getting and it will…

• Timm Jett

★★★★½ Rewatched by Timm Jett 29 May, 2016

One of the few times that a sequel lives up to the first.

• Brooke Solich

★★★ Watched by Brooke Solich 28 May, 2016

"I'm gonna kidnap the president of the United States"

• The Movie King

★★★½ Rewatched by The Movie King 27 May, 2016

I mean, it's Nicholas Cage continuing to pretend to play a super smart history genius that gets out of ludicrous situations. How can I not enjoy this? I don't think it's as good as the first movie, but it still has a ton of fun moments, most notably a sequence where Cage makes a scene in Buckingham Palace. Very Cage-y considering this is a Disney movie.

"Just a nip. Popped down to the pub for a pint. Bit of all right. Going to arrest a man for that? Going to detain a blighter for enjoying his whiskey?"

66/100

• Mike Hricik

★★ Watched by Mike Hricik 25 May, 2016

Ed Harris shrieking near the end of Book of Secrets is one of the cinema's sublime sounds.