• Jonathon Parker

★★½ Rewatched by Jonathon Parker 23 Nov, 2016

Even more monstrously stupid than its predecessor, though I don't necessarily hold that against it; what is most disappointing is its over-reliance on Big Cringy Movie Moments™. That said, I'm still addicted to its heroes' weaponry of choice - Rah Rah America Horrible Histories facts - and, I'll be honest, I've really wanted to know what the fuck is on page 47 for the last nine years. It's also a strange testament to what you can get away with in the Western world if you're white.

• Jônatas Iwata

★★½ Added by Jônatas Iwata

Not as entertaining as the first one, but Cage can still deliver some funny one liners.

• Andy Summers

★★★ Rewatched by Andy Summers 27 Oct, 2016

Nicolas Cage's turn as treasure hunter Benjamin Gates in Jon Turteltaub's National Treasure was a revelation. Cage managed to convince as the historian and cryptologist in a film that mined a rich seam of conspiracy theories and legends to bring us an adventure that wore its Disney badge with distinction. A family adventure film with thrills, wit, and imagination, a sequel was greenlit fairly quickly when National Treasure broke the $350 million dollar mark at the box office.
    National Treasure…

• Eilidh Morris

★★★ Watched by Eilidh Morris 30 Oct, 2016

More silly fun and adventure capers.
    love his distraction techniques in buckingham palace.
    also helen mirren = GOLDEN.

• pat69cool

★★★★ Added by pat69cool

2 movies both cool adventures

• DoctorDoom

★★ Added by DoctorDoom

Apparently National Treasure: Book of Secrets caused some people to be upset because the movie insinuated that Britain secretly aided the Confederacy during the American Civil War. My emotional response? Apathy.

There's no reason to care what National Treasure: Book of Secrets has to say about anything because the movie itself doesn't care. It's just a cash-in exercise, with a plot that is blatantly being made up as it goes along, characters who refuse to act in any way that…

• Sonic Yoda

★★★ Watched by Sonic Yoda 09 Oct, 2016

It strikes me as really strange that Disney gave the green light on not one but two incredibly wordy historical action films that are often more history than action. Once again this is a fun little romp across the word in order to clear Ben Gates' ancestor's name but it's overly long and often a bit too in love with American history to let its characters shine. I had fun but it's often a very impenitrable film that puts up…

• Derek Diercksmeier

★★★★ Watched by Derek Diercksmeier 08 Oct, 2016

Oh, yes.

This was so incredibly fun. Just like the 2004 original, NATIONAL TREASURE BOOK OF SECRETS is an irresistible adventure filled with expansive energy and historical fascination. Simply put, what makes these movies really enjoyable is that they make American history fun. Of course the movie is silly, but the fascination with history at the heart of it makes it work beautifully. My developing fixation with Lin-Manuel Miranda's HAMILTON and the current election cycle, along with my generally fluctuating…

• lindsnestor

★★★★★ Added by lindsnestor

A

• msub

★★★★ Added by msub

A masterclass in thrilling action and history conspiracy education. Not quite as legendary as the original, but it follows the formula well. Overall I'd call it a minor Triumph for the world of Cinema

• rossmclochness

★★ Watched by rossmclochness 01 Oct, 2016

Just letting everyone know who forgot...if you kidnap the president in real life, you will be shot multiple times.

• Jon Mears

★★★ Rewatched by Jon Mears 24 Sep, 2016

Doesn't make much sense when you think about any of it, so if you avoid thinking about it, it's brilliant.