• Joe Clemons

★★ Rewatched by Joe Clemons 06 Aug, 2013

A fairly good film that has the usual flaw of sequels in that the main character has a new contrived character arc, this time it involves something so silly that the stakes really aren't very high.

• Jonny Moore

★★★ Watched by Jonny Moore 03 Nov, 2012

National Treasure: Book of Secrets (2007)
    Director – Jon Turteltaub
    Character – Benjamin Franklin Gates
    Watched 3rd November 2012 with Alison, Char, Christy and Genna
    Best Cage Rage Moment – When he turns to his father and says, 'Some people have a tendancy to OVERREACT!! If only he had said overact! (00:48:49).

The 3rd November turned into a National Treasureathon! We were only going to watch the one film but couldn't resist and ended up watching both in the franchise…

• Diz Hooper

★★ Watched by Diz Hooper 11 Jul, 2016

This is pretty ridiculous. The way the characters solve puzzles by saying a few sentences to each other is hard to believe. Especially when the words are coming out of Nicholas Cage's mouth.

• Paul Stanis

★★½ Rewatched by Paul Stanis 07 Jul, 2016

A wide-eyed but sloppy adventure (which oddly foreshadows a couple elements in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull). The standout scene by far is the one in the tunnel between the President and Ben Gates. In contrast to the calcified broadness of much of the Wibberleys' screenplay, it beautifully articulates the anti-cynicism of the film.

• Hershal Whiteman

★★★ Rewatched by Hershal Whiteman 04 Jul, 2016

Second verse same as the first. Bringing in Helen Mirren as Nic's mom and the foil to Daddy Jon Voigt was an inspired bit of casting. The concluding set piece is crazy fun and even though the resolution to the central driving motivation of the film is tidily wrapped up with almost no explanation I didn't really care. Seemed like Cage unwound a bit more for this one. I'd love to see a third entry in the franchise with Nic…

• angela_gricar

★★ Watched by angela_gricar 31 Dec, 2007

Why was I watching this movie on NYE??

• kurly_n_krazy

Added by kurly_n_krazy

@Movie Theater

• Conan Tan

★★½ Watched by Conan Tan 18 Jun, 2016

It is less believable than the first movie but is a bit of a guilty pleasure I guess. Unlike Indy and Lara Croft before, Gates have the same love interest for the sequel.

• Jeremy Reviews Entertainment

★★★ Watched by Jeremy Reviews Entertainment 24 Jun, 2016

While it's quite similar to its predecessor, and it is a step down from it, National Treasure: Book of Secrets maintains the fun of the first, as well as the fun characters, and the mystery is quite intriguing, even if it isn't as cool as the one in the first. But as a whole, it is a fun sequel, and these are two fun movies that I would recommend.
    GRADE: B-

• Emily

★★★★ Added by Emily

this is why i passed us history in fourth grade

• Lauren Schultz

★★★ Rewatched by Lauren Schultz 21 Jun, 2016

"run along, you impossible child" oh same

• dean_

Watched by dean_ 08 Jun, 2016

more overtly influenced by indiana jones, and worse off for it. the third act in particular plays like subpar last crusade.

nic cage is more full-on crazy here tho, so thats something