• Ramon Paolo Alfar

★★½ Rewatched by Ramon Paolo Alfar 04 May, 2016

Nicolas Cage is back as Ben Gates in another treasure-hunting adventure. While the play to history is indeed a storyline I like, the way "Book of Secrets" did is nothing of an improvement from the original. Narrative takes a back seat for action and thrills that are admittedly exciting. But the original cast and the new additions (Helen Mirren and Ed Harris) are given no wiggle room to expand, making this a wasted adventurous opportunity.

• Marty McKee

★★★ Rewatched by Marty McKee 01 May, 2016

Despite (or because of) the return of NATIONAL TREASURE’s writers, director, and main cast, the sequel comes across as redundant. It has more action than the first film, and if you’re a sucker for movies about guys with torches skulking through underground passages, there is some fun here. Historian hero Ben Gates (Nicolas Cage) is portrayed as too intelligent this time, able to solve the most arcane riddles without breaking a sweat. Everything come easy for Gates, which cuts down…

• Ben

★★½ Watched by Ben 30 Apr, 2016

I haven't been able to see a movie in two weeks and this is the movie I pick? Not even the half-good, totally ridiculous original? There must be some great sin I'm subconsciously atoning for.

• Kevin Pourmostofi

★★ Rewatched by Kevin Pourmostofi 23 Apr, 2016

National Treasure: Book of Regrets

• Jonas

★★★½ Watched by Jonas 17 Apr, 2016

Der Kerl aus Hangover setzt noch einen drauf! Der Film schwankt zwischen "mann das is doch offensichtlich" und "come on, wie dumm is das denn!?!"
    Ich wurde trotzdem ganz gut unterhalten.

• Arf Ortiyef

Watched by Arf Ortiyef 31 Mar, 2016

i'm very concerned about this. why can't Diane Kruger get any work other than appearing in movies with a lumpy wigged rutabaga with false teeth? is she being held hostage? someone please save Diane Kruger from this terrible franchise!

dear writers: THERE IS NO PROOF THAT THE OLMEC CIVILIZATION PRACTICED RITUAL SACRIFICE AND THEY LIVED IN SOUTHERNMOST MEXICO NOT IN SOUTH FUCKING DAKOTA YOU FUCKING IDIOT CUNTS

• Lucas Spears

★★½ Rewatched by Lucas Spears 30 Mar, 2016

I literally haven't seen this since it was in theaters, but continuing the weird trend of watching lesser sequels to adventure films with family without first watching the original (do two instances constitute a trend? whatever), I ended up seeing this tonight.

It's odd, honestly. National Treasure is basically the perfect example of a good bad movie. A great cast, a propulsive score, an empty-but-satisfying visual style, a perfectly quirky script, a few legitimately impressive flourishes, delivering the audience precisely…

• Paul Fleming

★★★★ Added by Paul Fleming

Another fun entry in this Disney franchise. Calls to mind the classic adventure films of the 1980s, Nicholas Cage is great as is the supporting cast and the location shooting alongside wonderful tomb sets gives the film great visuals.

• Craig Hart

★★ Added by Craig Hart

Even more mind-numbing than the original (and somehow they managed to make me care even less about the characters than before). Perhaps I'm just tired of seeing Nicholas Cage in a slew of lousy movies and would just prefer to see him in the occasional good film. But from my own reckoning, he hasn't been in a good film since "Lord of War" and "Adaptation", so maybe he's due (I'm not holding my breath). He's back again as treasure hunter…

• Zodokai

★★★ Rewatched by Zodokai 29 Mar, 2016

"Of course someone else is after the treasure. It's the axiom of treasure hunting."

I loved the first National Treasure. It was one of my favorites when it came out and I can't help but stop to watch it any time it's on tv. I'm not even embarrassed to admit that it's probably one of my most watched movies. So when I saw that a sequel was going to be released, I was extremely excited.

I first saw this in…

• denpjgasten

★★★½ Rewatched by denpjgasten 26 Mar, 2016

7/10. First one's better, but this one is good as well. Hopefully next year a new one.

• Jeff

★★★ Rewatched by Jeff 26 Mar, 2016

As much as I hate to admit it...it has its moments. It has a lot of stupid ass moments typical of a stupid Nicolas Cage movie, but within the stupidity and the dialogue taken straight from an acting class somewhere in the Midwest it's actually worth a chance.

Treasure or gold hunting arguably has its roots deep in entertainment value, as evident by the success of pretty much all the shows you'll watch on the Discovery Channel, Nat Geo, or…