• Timm Jett

★★★★½ Rewatched by Timm Jett 29 May, 2016

One of the few times that a sequel lives up to the first.

• Brooke Solich

★★★ Watched by Brooke Solich 28 May, 2016

"I'm gonna kidnap the president of the United States"

• The Movie King

★★★½ Rewatched by The Movie King 27 May, 2016

I mean, it's Nicholas Cage continuing to pretend to play a super smart history genius that gets out of ludicrous situations. How can I not enjoy this? I don't think it's as good as the first movie, but it still has a ton of fun moments, most notably a sequence where Cage makes a scene in Buckingham Palace. Very Cage-y considering this is a Disney movie.

"Just a nip. Popped down to the pub for a pint. Bit of all right. Going to arrest a man for that? Going to detain a blighter for enjoying his whiskey?"

66/100

• Mike Hricik

★★ Watched by Mike Hricik 25 May, 2016

Ed Harris shrieking near the end of Book of Secrets is one of the cinema's sublime sounds.

• Jeff

★★★ Rewatched by Jeff 25 May, 2016

Not as good as the first but I still enjoyed it. It tries to be like the Indiana Jones series for a new generation. And while it doesn't have the wit that Indy has it still kinda of fulfills that action side of it. I do wish they would make a third one like they did with Indianan Jones so they can kind of bring it full circle and end the series. But overall a fun movie to watch even more than once 6/10.

• Criptictoumor

★★★★ Watched by Criptictoumor 22 May, 2016

Not as good as the first movie. It suffers under the typical bigger and grander that a sequel hast to do. But it still sucks you right in. I just love the treasure hunting, it is so fun. The characters get picked up from the last movie and we move right along.

The secrets, traps and locations are well thought off and are great to look at.

A fun watch, perfect for a lazy sunday.

• Greg Ebdon

★★★ Watched by Greg Ebdon 21 May, 2016

Total bollocks, with a script written for the blind. But it's entertaining enough. I do like a good underground water feature set, but Tomb Raider's was better.

• isa

Rewatched by isa 22 May, 2016

MOUNT RUSHMORE WAS A COVER UP

• Ramon Paolo Alfar

★★½ Rewatched by Ramon Paolo Alfar 04 May, 2016

Nicolas Cage is back as Ben Gates in another treasure-hunting adventure. While the play to history is indeed a storyline I like, the way "Book of Secrets" did is nothing of an improvement from the original. Narrative takes a back seat for action and thrills that are admittedly exciting. But the original cast and the new additions (Helen Mirren and Ed Harris) are given no wiggle room to expand, making this a wasted adventurous opportunity.

• Marty McKee

★★★ Rewatched by Marty McKee 01 May, 2016

Despite (or because of) the return of NATIONAL TREASURE’s writers, director, and main cast, the sequel comes across as redundant. It has more action than the first film, and if you’re a sucker for movies about guys with torches skulking through underground passages, there is some fun here. Historian hero Ben Gates (Nicolas Cage) is portrayed as too intelligent this time, able to solve the most arcane riddles without breaking a sweat. Everything come easy for Gates, which cuts down…

• Ben

★★½ Watched by Ben 30 Apr, 2016 7

I haven't been able to see a movie in two weeks and this is the movie I pick? Not even the half-good, totally ridiculous original? There must be some great sin I'm subconsciously atoning for.

• Kevin Pourmostofi