• Fesapo

★★★½ Watched by Fesapo 07 Jun, 2009

71/100

• Chad Webb

★★★½ Rewatched by Chad Webb 30 Jun, 2014

National Treasure: Book of Secrets can be quickly summed up as "more of the same." When I saw it for the first time, I was irritated by just how blatantly "more of the same" it was. I also didn't care for the fact that they broke up Ben and Abigail just to have them get back together by the end. I was less bothered by these aspects when I revisited the film recently. If treasure hunting, clues, and maps suits…

• rangerfan1041

★★★ Rewatched by rangerfan1041 29 Jun, 2014

Letter Grade: B-

• Alex Tasselli

★★★ Watched by Alex Tasselli 01 Jun, 2014

I am Nicolas Cage and I must kidnap the President.

• whitsbrain

★★½ Added by whitsbrain

"Book of Secrets" is enjoyable but had me rolling my eyes throughout. For some reason I am able to suspend my disbelief when a 200-ft. tall radioactive dinosaur tramples the streets of Tokyo but am not for this movie. Nicolas Cage's character Ben Gates solves puzzles and deciphers codes at break neck speed. He could probably size up a Rubik's Cube in about 10 milliseconds. Somehow Gates manages to break into the Oval Office and escape from the White House…

• SMRIDGLEY74

★★ Rewatched by SMRIDGLEY74 25 May, 2014

Cage takes his forehead around the globe looking for a city of gold. Helen Mirren tags along in the 2nd half, my favourite bit.

• Elias Elias

★★★ Watched by Elias Elias 18 May, 2014

As I said in my review of the first National Treasure, I was in a hospital receiving intravenous antibiotics and these movies were right in front of me, so I was forced to watch them.

I must say I quiet enjoy them, I know the plot is kind of silly, partly because they tried to make action with books and secrets, so it's kind of entertaining, nothing spectacular but entertaining. I felt also these movies to be made for a more younger generation, for kids.

• ZapperLife

Rewatched by ZapperLife 18 May, 2014

Another off-switched day, and had just as well stay to the franchise.

Rewatch-probability: 4/5
    (A lot weaker than the first, but still not too many modern adventure movies to choose from for guilty pleasures)

• elias1026

★★★★★ Rewatched by elias1026 16 May, 2014

MOVIE A DAY FOR A YEAR - DAY 49

I don't understand how this movie, and the first one in the series, can be so fucking awesome every fucking time.

• shannev

★★★★ Added by shannev

Easy to watch, and watch time and time again! Nicely done Nicolas

• matt lynch

★★ Rewatched by matt lynch 04 May, 2014

the kind of movie where a character tells his friends -- a group of eccentrics who previously decoded an intricate system of historical clues to find a legendary long-buried treasure (and are in the process of doing so for a second time) -- about the existence of a book containing powerful secrets handed down from one American President to another, and they all go "You're crazy, that's absurd." seems to be in a much bigger hurry as it lurches even…

• Alastair Hendry

★★★★ Watched by Alastair Hendry 06 Jul, 2008

A fun, fast paced adventure that is a nice sequel to the original. The story is wild and totally silly but this just adds to the fun atmosphere of the film (6.7.08)