• elias1026

★★★★★ Rewatched by elias1026 11 Oct, 2014

MOVIE A DAY FOR A YEAR - DAY 197

I will NEVER tire of this movie.

• loureviews

★★½ Watched by loureviews 28 Feb, 2008

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Stacey

★★½ Rewatched by Stacey 05 Oct, 2014

This movie and the one before it are always so entertaining in their creation of these insane clues and secrets of the country. It always makes me wonder how many people have been detained for trying to unlock the secret puzzle box underneath the desk in Buckingham Palace, or trying to squirt lemon juice on the Declaration of Independence. This was a cool new adventure entirely separate from the first, but I'm super annoyed by the fact that the whole…

• Jake

★★★ Watched by Jake 05 Oct, 2014

Why no one cites Cage going bonkers in a London museum, offending half of Europe with rapid-fire accents, and sliding ass-backwards down a bannister as one of his finest moments I'll never know.

Everything has a treasure map on it.

• Curtis Bahr

★½ Rewatched by Curtis Bahr 21 Sep, 2014 2

So bad on so many levels. But for some reason I still like to watch it and the first one from time to time.

• Tymikol

Rewatched by Tymikol 21 Sep, 2014

While I didnt throw this on expecting to be blown away, I expected a little cheap fun. I was mistaken. Its not close to the worst movie you will ever sit through, but it is quite brutal.

Nick Cage constantly running around breaking massive laws that could land him in prison, as he easily and often breaks complex puzzles. It makes my eyes roll through the back of my huge head.

The score is one of my least favorite of…

• KMOKLER

★★½ Added by KMOKLER

I love Nicolas Cage and when he's in a good plot and he is here but it's too convoluted.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 17 Mar, 2013

National Treasure: Book of Secrets is pretty much a rehash of the first movie but this time it unfolds on a larger and wider scale and with even more implausible situations. In the original, the craziest thing that they did was probably stealing the Declaration of Independence. This time they go to Paris, steal some stuff from London, go to the White House (where the U.S. President is briefly kidnapped... or not?), go to the Library of Congress, and finally…

• Tom Morton

★★★½ Watched by Tom Morton 15 Sep, 2014

The National Treasure films pilfer shamelessly from other films, throw action set-pieces together with little regard for plot and hold it all together with historical "puzzles" that it's impossible not to roll your eyes at. And yet... they're a lot of fun! I'll basically watch Nicolas Cage in anything at this point, but here's he's part of a wonderful ensemble cast that features Ed Harris pretending not to be evil for about four seconds, Bruce Greenwood as a classic example of the Charming Movie President and Helen Mirren finally playing the role she was born to play - Nicolas Cage's Mum.

• funsohng

Added by funsohng

Having Helen Mirren for a mother is not enough make this secret interesting enough for one to explore.

• Jordi Sánchez-Navarro

★★★ Watched by Jordi Sánchez-Navarro 28 Aug, 2014

No puedo poner muchas pegas a una historia que si fuera un cómic y estuviera protagonizada por los patos Disney muy mal dibujada tendría que estar para no parecerme una obra maestra. Nunca sobran pelis con 1) pasillos secretos, 2) mensajes en clave escondidos en libros, 3) ciudades ocultas y 4) Nicolas Cage.

• RonnieGardocki