• Matt Thomas

★★½ Rewatched by Matt Thomas 31 Jul, 2015

Great for history buffs (and there is an innocent fun to the global treasure hunt). But, as with a Dan Brown novel, the exposition and 'clue finding' is mostly preposterous. Cage does a brilliantly terrible impression of a drunk Englishman though, which is worth the price of admission alone!!

• Trevon Reid

★★★ Watched by Trevon Reid 27 Jul, 2015

Nicolas Cage is the only reason to watch this movie, because in the end, “National Treasure: Book of Secrets” is a average, unoriginal, and kinda boring movie. The first hour is just the characters trying to decode the secret, but it’s not that entertaining to watch and doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. The adventure aspect is ok, but feels limited. You get one car chase in the movie, which it’s a pretty good scene. But because this is…

• Flogure

★★★★★ Added by Flogure

Guilty pleasure!

• Mynt Marsellus

★★★ Rewatched by Mynt Marsellus 02 Jul, 2015

Oh goodness. This movie is a total mess. But its exactly the right kind of mess.

• michael little

★★★ Watched by michael little 29 Jun, 2015

A patently ridiculous piece of fluff with one of the silliest plots ever put on film. Throw in a manic Nicolas Cage as a patriotic treasure hunter and a bunch of big turns from a well worn supporting cast and you've got a recipe for disaster. It all works though, primarily because the film never loses sight of just how stupid it is. It's a propulsive exercise in exposition as our heroes hurtle from one implausibility to the next, but the whole thing manages to retain an admirable sense of fun and wonder.

• freebirding

★★★ Rewatched by freebirding 27 Jun, 2015 2

Nicholas Cage's hair is bananas

• David Gutierrez

★★★½ Added by David Gutierrez

Superior to the original, Book of Secrets is very similar to National Treasure, but has a more natural relationship between the characters, and has also more cool a-la-Indiana-Jones scenes. It's nice fun.

• Nathan Sizemore

★★★★½ Rewatched by Nathan Sizemore 15 Jun, 2015

I guess I like this one even more than the first one. I wasn't aware of that until we rewatched them back-to-back.

It might be that I prefer Ed Harris as antagonist to Sean Bean. Or it could be that the big set piece toward the end is even more enjoyable than the one in the first film, despite being even more ridiculous. The Indiana Jones vibe is unmistakable in this film, particularly with Jon Voight as Ben's (Cage) bumbling…

• Mike Salisbury

½ Watched by Mike Salisbury 07 Jun, 2015

This film is incredible dumb.

• LillaLili

Added by LillaLili

Nemzet Aranya: Titkok Könyve

• TylerScott

★★½ Watched by TylerScott 17 May, 2015

A lot more cheese, a lot less fun.

• Chad Anderson

★★★ Rewatched by Chad Anderson 02 May, 2015

I think I enjoyed this more the first time I saw this when I did not see things coming. This time it felt a little more tired and predictable.