• Keith Hannaford

Watched by Keith Hannaford 27 Sep, 2015

It's a shame these movies didn't kick off a whole fascination with puzzle plots (The Da Vinci Code notwithstanding). It's easily the most attractive and unique feature of the film and lends itself to great set pieces like the combination lock desk-drawers and the giant balancing plank. It's also very fun to enter a world in which just about everything in history is a cover for some other murky agenda (in which press leaks and blackmail do not exist, I guess).

• Gabriel Green

★★ Rewatched by Gabriel Green 25 Sep, 2015

Twice as dumb and only half as fun as it's predecessor.

• Merriweather

★★★½ Added by Merriweather

I actually saw this a year ago unlike the first one. Its an improvement.

• Neil Corcoran

Watched by Neil Corcoran 16 Sep, 2015

spoon feed em dat hocus pocus

• JuanCostrada

★★★ Watched by JuanCostrada 05 Sep, 2015

Cage again stars as a globe-trotting treasure hunter who follows the most tenuous of links to reach his desired goal.

There is a fun to the mystery slowly unraveling in a interesting way. Unfortunately the final act is extremely dull as the action sequences ramp up. The motivations of the characters are also nonsensicle and the theme of family honour is wonky at best.

The cast is broadened with extra star power but it only helps so much. The film is also too aware of how dumb it is.

The Reverence: Cage insanity in Buckingham Palace.

• BennyWestside

★★★½ Added by BennyWestside

Not nearly as good as the original, but still not bad.

• amber dawn pullin

★★★½ Watched by amber dawn pullin 06 Sep, 2015

I wish there was a third film!

• Vishnu Singh

★★★ Rewatched by Vishnu Singh 30 Aug, 2015

it's not "good" per say, but it's light hearted and fun and just perfect for a "i drank a lot last night" Sunday morning watch.
    Also, i get a kick out of Canuck Bruce Greenwood as the US President

• Alison

½ Watched by Alison 27 Aug, 2015

• dbcooper7

★★★ Watched by dbcooper7 26 Dec, 2007

This movie is a guilty pleasure of mine. As pretentious a plot as it is, I'll still sit and watch it for a spell if it's on the telly. The story is rather intriguing -- Benjamin Gates great-grandfather is accused of being a co-conspirator in the Lincoln assassination and it's up to Gates to clear his good name. The main players have returned to the sequel, which includes the comely Diane Kruger. She's always a joy to watch. And Helen…

• Ana Rita

★★★½ Added by Ana Rita

It was my first action movie at the cinema! I loved it and I need to re watch it.

• manderson555

★★★½ Rewatched by manderson555 22 Aug, 2015

on Blu-Ray with Des, Jeff, Alyssa, Lily, and Sawyer (Ada was sleeping) at their place