• KMOKLER

★★½ Added by KMOKLER

I love Nicolas Cage and when he's in a good plot and he is here but it's too convoluted.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 17 Mar, 2013

National Treasure: Book of Secrets is pretty much a rehash of the first movie but this time it unfolds on a larger and wider scale and with even more implausible situations. In the original, the craziest thing that they did was probably stealing the Declaration of Independence. This time they go to Paris, steal some stuff from London, go to the White House (where the U.S. President is briefly kidnapped... or not?), go to the Library of Congress, and finally…

• Tom Morton

★★★½ Watched by Tom Morton 15 Sep, 2014

The National Treasure films pilfer shamelessly from other films, throw action set-pieces together with little regard for plot and hold it all together with historical "puzzles" that it's impossible not to roll your eyes at. And yet... they're a lot of fun! I'll basically watch Nicolas Cage in anything at this point, but here's he's part of a wonderful ensemble cast that features Ed Harris pretending not to be evil for about four seconds, Bruce Greenwood as a classic example of the Charming Movie President and Helen Mirren finally playing the role she was born to play - Nicolas Cage's Mum.

• funsohng

Added by funsohng

Having Helen Mirren for a mother is not enough make this secret interesting enough for one to explore.

• Jordi Sánchez-Navarro

★★★ Watched by Jordi Sánchez-Navarro 28 Aug, 2014

No puedo poner muchas pegas a una historia que si fuera un cómic y estuviera protagonizada por los patos Disney muy mal dibujada tendría que estar para no parecerme una obra maestra. Nunca sobran pelis con 1) pasillos secretos, 2) mensajes en clave escondidos en libros, 3) ciudades ocultas y 4) Nicolas Cage.

• RonnieGardocki

★★ Watched by RonnieGardocki 23 Dec, 2007

[sigh]

• Agnis

★★½ Watched by Agnis 24 Aug, 2014

More of the same.

• Brent Paton

★★½ Added by Brent Paton

Fun sequel. Quite a few leaps of logic but entertaining.

• ortolanph

★★ Watched by ortolanph 20 Jul, 2014

On page 47, there must be such a dirty little secret that even Nicholas Cage has not spoken publicly that. I'll try to read page 47 of the movie script and see what the director did wrong.

• Tomi Mendel

★★½ Rewatched by Tomi Mendel 12 Jul, 2014

Mostly more of the same fun, but unfortunately missing some of the chemistry of the first. The movie seems quieter, more sluggish and subdued. The plot is a joyride but much harder to follow this time around - I've seen it three or four times and still couldn't exactly tell you what the city of gold has to do with absolving Cage's great-grandfather's name. Meanwhile, the Voight-Mirren storyline is truly silly, reducing two respected actors to bumbling idiots. I also…

• Fesapo

★★★½ Watched by Fesapo 07 Jun, 2009

71/100

• Chad Webb

★★★½ Rewatched by Chad Webb 30 Jun, 2014

National Treasure: Book of Secrets can be quickly summed up as "more of the same." When I saw it for the first time, I was irritated by just how blatantly "more of the same" it was. I also didn't care for the fact that they broke up Ben and Abigail just to have them get back together by the end. I was less bothered by these aspects when I revisited the film recently. If treasure hunting, clues, and maps suits…