• massageman

★★★★ Watched by massageman 26 Apr, 2015

More people need to see this movie! The media leads our nation's thinking, and we let them have that power when we do not think for ourselves! This film has a great message with great performances!

• Colton B.

★★★★ Watched by Colton B. 20 Apr, 2015

I'm a HUMAN BEING, Goddammit! My life has VALUE!

• Brett Doze

★★★★★ Watched by Brett Doze 07 Apr, 2015

*4/4 STARS*

• Ishara

★★★★★ Watched by Ishara 18 Apr, 2015

Holy shit.

How can a film that is so definitely 70s be so resonant 40 years later?

Better review later

• ITBSPodcast
  • bmart17

★★★★½ Watched by bmart17 13 Apr, 2015

I thought the critical commentary in the film was superb and still feels relevant almost 40 years later. Great performances as well from all involved.

• Pandamonium

★½ Watched by Pandamonium 13 Apr, 2015

A satirical movie about the management of a news show doing everything they can to generate profit. It's as smart a commentary on capitalism or the stupidity of modern people as a pamphlet stating that money is bad.

That wouldn't be the biggest issue if the film would've had any empathy for it's characters at all. As it stands, the film is as empty and flashy as the world it condemns.

• RobinSacamano

★★★★★ Watched by RobinSacamano 12 Apr, 2015

Took a trip down Altman territory guided by grand master Sidney, that is Lumet. Now this is a classic 70's picture in style. Wide lens, smooth camera movement and a great American scrip written in intent to somewhat criticize the moral collapse of the post-Vietnam world, that is America. Network has got it all.

Right after the first scene you can feel a tingle in your kneecap, that is your super-sense telling you this is an actor's movie.
    For me…

• Jonathan Storey

★★★★★ Watched by Jonathan Storey 09 Apr, 2015

So it's definitely not the best film ever made, as I once thought it was, but it's an absolutely amazing film to get drunk to on a Thursday night! For the first time, I think I prefer the first half marginally over the second, mainly because of the ways that corporate culture is portrayed, and especially how little it has changed in the nearly 40 years since this film's premiere (i.e. the way Faye Dunaway does her expenses whilst in…

• RagingTaxiDriver

★★★★★ Rewatched by RagingTaxiDriver 08 Apr, 2015

Time to move this up to 5

• JC13

★★★★ Rewatched by JC13 29 Mar, 2015

"He's saying that life is bullshit, and it is, so what are you screaming about?"- Max Schumacher

I had seen Sidney Lumet's 1976 classic, Network just once before (and that was a few years ago). I did like it last time, but I was disappointed. I liked it a lot morw thia time. It is a clever satire about the media that features excellent performances. If you ask me the cast is what really makes this film special. Everyone is…

• Jacob Fisher

★★★★★ Watched by Jacob Fisher 07 Apr, 2015

This movie is flawless. The acting is perfect the screenplay is amazing and smart. Plus the message rings as true today as it did in the 70's.