• Oliver Graham-Grisard

★★★★ Watched by Oliver Graham-Grisard 15 Sep, 2014

A nice satiric look at the news.

• Daniel Reviews

Production: 8/10
    >Production Design-8/10
    -Sets & Props: 4/5
    -Costumes: 4/5
    OVERALL: 96/100
    GRADE: A+

• Devon Seltzer

★★★★ Watched by Devon Seltzer 11 Sep, 2014 4

***Continuing My Education: Lesson #18***

If I told you there was a film about greedy television executives who decide to sensationalize the news, turning it into a doldrum of horror and meaningless nothingness for the sake of ratings and mass entertainment, meanwhile openly supporting terrorism and exploiting the mentally ill for the same reasons, would you be surprised to learn that said film is almost forty years old (and not a documentary)? That film is Sidney Lumet's Network, a disturbingly…

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 26 Nov, 2009

Brilliantly directed, keenly written, and acted with nothing but sheer perfection, Sidney Lumet's Network is a sharp television satire that is as relevant now as it was in 1976. Featuring an elegant and funny dark humor, its biggest highlight was probably the set of performances by its impeccable cast led by Faye Dunaway, William Holden, Peter Finch, and Robert Duvall.

• FrEaken

★★★★★ Added by FrEaken

My #10 All Time

Want to see where Sorkin learned it? Watch this. It's even better.

• Abdulaziz

★★★★★ Watched by Abdulaziz 30 Aug, 2014

'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!'

Howard Beale: I want you to go to the window, open it, stick your head out and yell: "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore."

• moviemanwill

★★ Added by moviemanwill

1 star for Duvall. 1 star for it being prescient.

• JossWhedonsdick

★★★★½ Watched by JossWhedonsdick 27 Aug, 2014

85/100

• Antonio Guzman

★★★★★ Watched by Antonio Guzman 23 Aug, 2014

Diana Christensen is a television executive. She's in charge of programming. Her job is to get as many people as possible to watch her programs. Diana, as one character eloquently puts it, is the incarnation of television. Not a person but a machine whose only interest lies in her ratings. Every idea she has, and every word she utters is geared towards making the ideal television program. A madman professing doom? Perfect. A terrorist group committing violent crimes on screen?…

• Ashley Norris

★★★★ Watched by Ashley Norris 24 Jul, 2014

Didn't hit me as hard as it hit others. Maybe that's because before I put it on my friend described it as "Life changing good". It's all Billy's fault.

• Dan

★★ Watched by Dan 18 Aug, 2014 4

*Prepares self for possible assassination attempts...*

Oof. I did not enjoy "Network." Maybe it was great in its time, but it doesn't hold up. A mediocre movie with a great character and performance in Peter Finch's Howard Beale. I was shocked it won an Oscar for best screenplay because there were many bits of truly wooden on-the-nose soap opera dialog, almost all of them involving Faye Dunaway, who also shockingly won an Oscar for it. Is this satire? What the…

• killapede

Added by killapede

the beginning of this film set itself up to be really interesting and then the middle got incredibly boring and then the ending was incredibly boring but also weird