• seanziewonzie

★★★★★ Added by seanziewonzie

"It's a big, fat, big-titted hit!"

The ultimate satire. Those that praise this as just a good satire of "tube" culture are missing how rich this movie's message are. It's not just TV; in Chayefsky's world, everybody is trying to convince themselves of their own world beliefs, and lying to themselves about how it's all bullshit; yes, even the guy who called it all bullshit.

Network, to me, is the ultimate analysis of insincerity, and the story is drags you…

• Sam Noble

★★★ Watched by Sam Noble 26 Sep, 2014

Although I didn't enjoy this as much as most people, it's message is just as relevant if not more so today as it was back in 1976.

• Nathan Rabin

★★★★ Rewatched by Nathan Rabin 25 Sep, 2014

I get it now, I really do.

• Nikon Rod

★★★★½ Rewatched by Nikon Rod 23 Sep, 2014

One can accuse " Network " to be overacted , over-the-top , dated and stagy ... but the fact is that after almost four decades since it's first release It's just as fresh as ever and probably , has never worked better .
    I love how these " Unlikable " scumbag characters are perfectly judge . How easy - and super fun !- it is to follow them every time the movie shifts between it's protagonists . I love how…

• Thief12

★★★½ Watched by Thief12 20 Sep, 2014

Although I don't think I liked it as much as most people, I had a lot of fun with this one. Neatly acted and written, I thought it's ironic look at television, and society overall, was spot on. I was particularly thrilled by William Holden's performance. Anyway, it was a pretty good film, it had me chuckling every once in a while.

• Zarban

★★★½ Watched by Zarban 21 Sep, 2014

Takes itself terribly seriously for a satire. It doesn't help that it's become badly dated, given that network news has been killed cable, and (as predicted) reality TV has made elements like the Mao Tse-Tung Hour more or less real (Moonshiners, Amish Mafia...) and Howard Beale passé (Glenn Beck, Keith Olbermann).

• Oliver Graham-Grisard

★★★★ Watched by Oliver Graham-Grisard 15 Sep, 2014

A nice satiric look at the news.

• Daniel Reviews

Production: 8/10
    >Production Design-8/10
    -Sets & Props: 4/5
    -Costumes: 4/5
    OVERALL: 96/100
    GRADE: A+

• Devon Seltzer

★★★★ Watched by Devon Seltzer 11 Sep, 2014 4

***Continuing My Education: Lesson #18***

If I told you there was a film about greedy television executives who decide to sensationalize the news, turning it into a doldrum of horror and meaningless nothingness for the sake of ratings and mass entertainment, meanwhile openly supporting terrorism and exploiting the mentally ill for the same reasons, would you be surprised to learn that said film is almost forty years old (and not a documentary)? That film is Sidney Lumet's Network, a disturbingly…

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 26 Nov, 2009

Brilliantly directed, keenly written, and acted with nothing but sheer perfection, Sidney Lumet's Network is a sharp television satire that is as relevant now as it was in 1976. Featuring an elegant and funny dark humor, its biggest highlight was probably the set of performances by its impeccable cast led by Faye Dunaway, William Holden, Peter Finch, and Robert Duvall.

• FrEaken

★★★★★ Added by FrEaken

My #10 All Time

Want to see where Sorkin learned it? Watch this. It's even better.

• Abdulaziz

★★★★★ Watched by Abdulaziz 30 Aug, 2014

'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!'

Howard Beale: I want you to go to the window, open it, stick your head out and yell: "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore."