• Kevin Falk

★★★★★ Watched by Kevin Falk 06 Jul, 2015

Network Is a movie that I feel is very important for today. Yes it was important in 1976 but I feel today it is even more important. Because of the fact of what it has to say about the media and news in general and that is just one of the things that makes Network the masterpiece it is!!

The acting is some of the best I think ever. Everyone gives the performances of there career. Something I loved about…

• Lachy Simpson

★★★★ Watched by Lachy Simpson 02 Jul, 2015

Brilliantly written movie, even if this ending strays a bit into the ridiculous territory. But just so many fantastic lines and memorable monologues. And despite the continuing decline of TV, the messages in it still resonate today: "Television is not the truth; television’s a goddamn amusement park!"

But Peter Finch is just fantastic as the crazed messianic TV pundit/cultist, despite his Aussie/British accent sneaking through with regularity. The line "I'm all out of bullshit" just sums up what so many…

• Brie East

Watched by Brie East 01 Jul, 2015

This movie is not satire. Well, it wasn't intended to be.

An indicting review of the modern media, Paddy Chayefsky truly skewers the top networks and their deep, dark manipulation of the people and even their own kind.

Now, I know why this is Paul Thomas Anderson's all-time favorite movie.

• Matt

★★★★★ Watched by Matt 21 Jun, 2015

*DEAR READER* you should probably read this in a fast-talking, effeminate voice to fully understand just how awesome this movie is. Increase speed until you need an inhaler as review goes on.

Been in my watchlist for awhile. Realised it was on Netflix. Sat down with a bottle of mineral water, to be healthy. Watched it.

Wow. Network is perhaps the most witty, epigrammatic and biting satire I've ever witnessed. Riling. Just fucking amazing. Instantly a favourite.

But it didn't…

• Ricardo Fensterseifer

★★★★★ Added by Ricardo Fensterseifer

Creepy. Weird. Brilliant.

• FrankieSays

★★★ Watched by FrankieSays 28 Jun, 2015 2

Picture this: a group of craggy, but benign middle-aged men, sitting together in a room, and shooting off ideas into the air. Lone Female Vixen is in the room with them, not to seduce, but to prove her equality with the men.

The tension increases. Someone wants to kill himself on live TV. Many dismiss him as an idiot. Others want to cash in on it. Only his best friend serves as the room's moral guardian, insisting that this troubled…

• Carl Szmutko

★★★½ Added by Carl Szmutko

Entertaining, though dated visually and politically. Too much focus on the midlife crisis of a character at the expense of developing out any of the other more interesting characters.

• mikecuenca

★★★ Rewatched by mikecuenca 23 Jun, 2015

Came back to Network again to see if my opinion changed.

It was a better viewing experience but... still.

• mrza

★★★★½ Rewatched by mrza 21 Jun, 2015

I always fall asleep to this movie. Everything about it is so aesthetically appealing to me, it's oddly soothing.

• Yuri90

★★★★ Watched by Yuri90 17 Jun, 2015

Terzo film per completare la Top IMDb.

Un film importante con dialoghi eccelsi, ma forse troppo pesante e tecnico.

• androb78

★★★½ Watched by androb78 10 Jun, 2015

Es cierto que su crítica al mundo de la televisión y la batalla por las audiencias sigue totalmente vigente -tanto que hoy, y a la luz de muchas de las cosas que podemos ver a diario, la cadena que retrata casi sería tan blanca como Disney Channel-, pero todo está llevado tan al límite que a veces me resulta forzado. Más que una sátira, me acaba pareciendo una parodia histérica y, sí, reconozco una gran película con algunos tramos apasionantes... que definitivamente no es para mí.

• Cory Dickson

★★★★★ Watched by Cory Dickson 14 Jun, 2015

This is how you write a film.