• Nathannnnn Phillipssssss

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nathannnnn Phillipssssss 20 Jul, 2014 2

Wrote at length about it last year. Only new observation, having also just seen 'Dog Day Afternoon' again, is that Sidney Lumet deserves more of the credit for this film's success than he probably gets. It's a stark contrast to 'The Hospital,' another Paddy Chayefsky script with a much weaker director who fails to make the writer's often wild and overly verbose ideas into some sort of tangible reality. But even Lumet may not do as much work here as…

• ecnu

★★★★★ Watched by ecnu 14 Jul, 2014

- "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"

- A remarkable film. Obviously this has been mentioned countless times before but its foresight was remarkable. Glenn Beck could play Howard Beale quite passably.

- Peter Finch as Howard Beale, incidentally, is genius. Fox News would be hiring him were he still with us.

- The performances are all absolutely perfect. Faye Dunaway is twitchy as hell, and all the men are boorish idiots. Ned…

• Louie Schuth

★★★★½ Watched by Louie Schuth 13 Jul, 2014

I'm mad as hell and I don't feel like writing reviews anymore.

• Josh Baesler

★★★★★ Watched by Josh Baesler 10 Jul, 2014

Damn. Paddy Chayefsky. Faye Dunaway. Finch, Holden, Duvall Sidney Lumet. One of those I've needed to see for forever. Did not disappoint. More true today than ever.

• Chris Purdie

★★★★½ Added by Chris Purdie

I work in TV, and I can honestly tell you that I recognized every dirty, grotesque bastard character presented in this film.
    Almost too real to enjoy, if only it wasn't so damn funny.

• SamRieck

★★★★★ Added by SamRieck

Network is one of the best written films ever.

• m_jennings9

★★★★½ Watched by m_jennings9 01 Jul, 2014

This was my first time seeing Network, which I had constantly heard referenced before, and have been interested in seeing. It was definitely one of the better, and most prescient, satirical films I've ever seen. The story of Howard Beale perfectly walks that fine line between funny and sad. Finch is great, Dunaway is great, and Duval is great. William Holden also does a good job with his role, which definitely serves to ground the movie but also occasionally feels…

• bmerry

★★★★★ Rewatched by bmerry 29 Jun, 2014

Watching it again, it's not that Paddy Chayefsky was prescient -- his problems are our problems are the same problems from 100 years ago -- it's that he told the Truth when no one else did. And he told it better than anyone else did.

• Knox Gray

★★★★★ Added by Knox Gray

One of my favorite films. Very few have seen it and I'm mad as hell about it!

• SJHoneywell

★★★★★ Added by SJHoneywell

As good as this was
    For its time, it's better now.
    Go see this film now!

• Daph Bajas

★★★★★ Rewatched by Daph Bajas 29 Jun, 2014

I happen to upgrade this one because I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take this anymore! Faye Dunaway: supreme finesse, and one of the most deserved Oscar winning performances. Has panache and guilt. A

• tavomama

★★★★★ Watched by tavomama 28 Jun, 2014

one of those impeccable films you cant believe you havent seen before