• Alex Lovendahl

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Lovendahl 28 Jul, 2015

Perhaps a bit less tight than I'd originally perceived it to be, Network is still an impeccably shot satire with so much to say as to almost worry you that it's pseudointellectual. It's not, it's brilliant, but it's intimidating nonetheless. Excellent.

• Leandro Luz

★★★★ Watched by Leandro Luz 29 Jan, 2015

Sidney Lumet é um diretor curioso. Dificilmente conseguimos identificar de forma clara seus trejeitos na hora de decupar uma cena ou dirigir os atores. Paradoxalmente, conseguimos perceber certa urgência em seus filmes, agrupando-os assim de alguma maneira num escaninho meio indefinido, mas definitivamente assinado pelo seu autor. Em REDE DE INTRIGAS não é diferente. O sangue nos olhos de Diana Christensen e Howard Beale, brilhantemente interpretados por Faye Dunaway e Peter Finch, declaram essa urgência, uma obsessão gigante, mas diferente…

• Ryan Swen

★★★★★ Watched by Ryan Swen 26 Jul, 2015

I don't think I've ever had such a vastly shifting opinion on a film while I was watching it; at times I even considered giving it 2.5 stars. However, I can safely say that Network is indeed a truly great film. This is due to Chayefsky's dynamite script and an absolutely scorching ensemble cast performance from Dunaway, Duvall, Holden, Beatty, Straight, and above all Finch. My initial misgivings were due in large part to my feeling that the film didn't…

• Mariska

★★★½ Watched by Mariska 09 Jun, 2015

Very sharp satire of television broadcasting that still relevant today.

Memorable quotes and scene:
    Howard Beale: "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"

• Ziad Hammad

★★★★★ Watched by Ziad Hammad 22 Jul, 2015

One of the best scripts in film history.

• Jabberwocky

★★★★ Watched by Jabberwocky 22 Jul, 2015

Television:
    tel·e·vi·sion (tĕl′ə-vĭzh′ən)
    (n.)

"A God-damned amusement park! Television is a circus, a carnival, a traveling troupe of acrobats, storytellers, dancers, singers, jugglers, side-show freaks, lion tamers, and football players."

• GWKK

★★★★½ Added by GWKK

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

• Josh

Added by Josh

Saw it too young to truly appreciate.

• zachfree

★★★★½ Watched by zachfree 19 Jul, 2015

This film gets called "prescient" for good reason. The central theme about people getting their info from the "tube" reminded me of Neil Postman's "Amusing Ourselves to Death" while Howard Beale's opinion news show is a large portion of cable news these days (obviously in a much more straight-forward, pretending-to-be-legit format). The scene between the militant group and the station's legal team is surprisingly funny and over-the-top.

• Andrew Neill

★★½ Watched by Andrew Neill 07 May, 2014

This was interesting but think it would mean more for the time it was made than it does today but it is a good window in to a world that is struggling to exist and is very different in the modern world we live in.

• The39thMan

★★★★½ Added by The39thMan

A message just as prescient today as it was in 1976. If only we were paying attention back then we might not be in the mess we're in now.

• André Sousa