• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★★ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

This is a film which is beautifully directed by Sidney Lumet, with great cast like William Holden, Peter Finch, Robert Duvall and Faye Dunaway. Loved the performance of Peter Finch, who won posthumous Best Actor Oscar Award. Lovely story; wonderful cinematography.

• Chris Campbell

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Campbell 18 Oct, 2014

I hadn't watched Sidney Lumet's Network for a long time, and seeing it again I was struck by the freshness and prescience of it. Paddy Chayefsky's writing is superb and the film is filled with great moments between the characters. Deeply cynical and almost quaint in the outrage against corporate control of the media, it's a brilliant film that echoes down through other films. Peter Finch's central performance is magnetic and wounded and reminded me of Tom Wilkinson in Michael…

• Antonio Dakeyras

★★★★½ Watched by Antonio Dakeyras 17 Oct, 2014

"I'm as mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it any more."

• Nicole

★★ Watched by Nicole 16 Oct, 2014

This film was annoying as fuck and that narration was the worst narration I have ever heard on a film. I really wanted to like this movie, but it was just a jumbled up mess. Yes it does talk about the way news is used as entertainment and news is getting more and more away from news, but the message gets overtaken by melodrama and black humor that isn't properly executed or tries too hard (which chayefsky always does in…

• Carlos

★★★★★ Added by Carlos

• The Film Fox

★★★★★ Watched by The Film Fox 14 Oct, 2014 4

I'm as mad as hell and I'm not gonna take this anymore.

• Jansen Aui

★★★★½ Watched by Jansen Aui 14 Oct, 2014

Nobody wants to hear about the death of democracy and dehumanisation — but Lumet's prescient landmark brings it to us regardless. Absurd, literate, biting satire of the highest order.

Now to piece together a supercut/montage of everyone losing their shit in this movie to send to my friends & family for xmas.

• Mauricio Xavier

★★★★½ Watched by Mauricio Xavier 13 Oct, 2014

Phenomenal when it positions cutthroat capitalism as a philosophy even more unsettiing than old-fashioned Americana, somewhat troubling when it positions the two as a generational conflict above all, but connects the two throughoutly enough to keep most of my complaints at bay. Somewhat ambivalent as to the role of the masses in the changing landscapte: their chanting of Beale's signature phrase is something straight out of a horror movie, with the lighting-lit apartment buildings filled with a mob-like mentality, but…

• Zac

★★★★½ Watched by Zac 12 Oct, 2014

Sophisticated. Hilarious. Ridiculous. Network is a hell of a good time. With its commentary on society and the news media and how that plays into a truly absurd story; it's simply brilliant. Although dragging, feeling about 20 minutes longer than it actually was, this film is a wonderful message with incredible performances and superb direction.

• ichiji

★★★★ Added by ichiji

I'm mad as hell!

• Ian Loring

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ian Loring 30 Sep, 2014

Remains vital and compelling stuff though I'm not as in love with the third act as I am with the rest of the film, still deservedly a classic.

• Tristiac

★★★★ Rewatched by Tristiac 11 Oct, 2014

If ever a film could be called prescient, this is it.