• Abdulaziz

★★★★★ Watched by Abdulaziz 30 Aug, 2014

'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!'

Howard Beale: I want you to go to the window, open it, stick your head out and yell: "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore."

• moviemanwill

★★ Added by moviemanwill

1 star for Duvall. 1 star for it being prescient.

• JossWhedonsdick

★★★★½ Watched by JossWhedonsdick 27 Aug, 2014

85/100

• Antonio Guzman

★★★★★ Watched by Antonio Guzman 23 Aug, 2014

Diana Christensen is a television executive. She's in charge of programming. Her job is to get as many people as possible to watch her programs. Diana, as one character eloquently puts it, is the incarnation of television. Not a person but a machine whose only interest lies in her ratings. Every idea she has, and every word she utters is geared towards making the ideal television program. A madman professing doom? Perfect. A terrorist group committing violent crimes on screen?…

• Ashley Norris

★★★★ Watched by Ashley Norris 24 Jul, 2014

Didn't hit me as hard as it hit others. Maybe that's because before I put it on my friend described it as "Life changing good". It's all Billy's fault.

• Dan

★★ Watched by Dan 18 Aug, 2014 3

*Prepares self for possible assassination attempts...*

Oof. I did not enjoy "Network." Maybe it was great in its time, but it doesn't hold up. A mediocre movie with a great character and performance in Peter Finch's Howard Beale. I was shocked it won an Oscar for best screenplay because there were many bits of truly wooden on-the-nose soap opera dialog, almost all of them involving Faye Dunaway, who also shockingly won an Oscar for it. Is this satire? What the…

• killapede

Added by killapede

the beginning of this film set itself up to be really interesting and then the middle got incredibly boring and then the ending was incredibly boring but also weird

• Alex

★★★★★ Watched by Alex 11 Aug, 2014

Damn.

• Kannan

★★★★★ Watched by Kannan 10 Aug, 2014

One of the greatest American movie. Timeless, masterpiece. Sidney Lumet's shocking and tense mode of keeping the audience at the edge of the seat continues in this one as well. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Fesapo

★★★★★ Added by Fesapo

95/100

• Jude Seymour

★★★½ Watched by Jude Seymour 08 Mar, 1999

"Network": Well, it was thoroughly entertaining. As I said before, "I'm as mad as hell as I'm not going to take it!"

• Alice Bishop

★★★ Rewatched by Alice Bishop 06 Aug, 2014 5

For a good hour or so Network is an effective deconstruction of the television industry. It is, however, a film of two halves. As Lumet realises he's onto something special he becomes more and more blinded by the potential for his film to do well in awards season.

It slowly but surely becomes a shouty, plethora of performances all clambering to steal the limelight. Faye Dunaway, William Holden, and Peter Finch are the three prime candidates (and were all subsequently…