• thealmightyG

★★★★ Watched by thealmightyG 27 Aug, 2015

"I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore".

The famous line you are bound to have heard, even if you have never seen 'Network'. It's been parodied and sampled in all forms.

The line comes from a newsreader who is spiralling out of control with stress and is exploited by a television station in a bid to win the ratings war.

Peter Finch is sublime as Howard Beale, the man with whom the nation of…

• MacDara Conroy

★★★ Rewatched by MacDara Conroy 23 Aug, 2015

Watching this sharp-for-its-day satire some four decades after the fact is a difficult job in a time where Glenn Beck has been a thing for many years.

• pirs

★★★★ Watched by pirs 24 Aug, 2015

Visionary and on point to this day, one of the best satires about TV news.

The "mad as hell" monologue and thunderstorm aftermath is just sublime.

• BeetleEye66

★★★★★ Watched by BeetleEye66 22 Aug, 2015

utterly masterful. thoughts l8er

• Iestyn Lloyd

★★★ Watched by Iestyn Lloyd 20 Aug, 2015

I can see why this film is so highly regarded, but I just wasn't in the mood for it.

• Josh Rosenthal

★★★★★ Watched by Josh Rosenthal 14 Aug, 2015

This movie has some of the best acting I've ever seen, and the script is amazing also

• nagoya

★★★★★ Added by nagoya

Masterpiece!

• Brian Stack

★★★★½ Added by Brian Stack

After learning he's been fired as anchor of the UBS Evening News, Howard Beale (Peter Finch) stuns his audience by announcing he'll commit suicide on air during next Tuesday's program.

Beale pledges to offer an apology the next evening, but instead launches into a tirade about the current state of America, declaring he's "mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore."

His unrestrained anger is a hit and the show rises to the top, but when he turns his…

• Joe Dreshar

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joe Dreshar 15 Aug, 2015

A fantastic movie. I always kind of hope that a longstanding member of a given community goes big one last time by criticizing the community (Think, Dr. Dre - Dr. Dre is hip hop. He is 50 years old now and hip hop is a young man's field. I always hope that he would release an album critical, or cynical, or wise about hip hop. I want him to be the Howard Beale of rap.)

What I always forget about…

• AustinHiggins

★★★★½ Watched by AustinHiggins 14 Aug, 2015

This was my first time watching the film all the way through and it was even more incredible than the years of film buff hype preceding it.

• Gregory Porter

★★★★★ Added by Gregory Porter

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Bottom line: Brilliant satire about the role of television (and media) in our society today and, despite being from 1976, it is painfully relevant.

Howard Beale (Finch) was, at one point, the leading newscaster for UBS (Union Broadcasting System). After the death of his wife, he became an alcoholic and never completely recovered mentally or emotionally. His ratings dwindled and he was eventually forced to resign. In his next broadcast, he announces his resignation saying, “In two weeks, I will…

• David Gutierrez

★★½ Added by David Gutierrez

Maybe I didn't get it, but I felt this movie mostly empty and unfunny.