• Tim Jones

★★★★½ Watched by Tim Jones 02 Mar, 2015

I'm glad I watched this one

• Haikal_F

★★★★½ Rewatched by Haikal_F 28 Feb, 2015

Quite possibly the most bombastic movie I have ever seen, and I mean that in the best way possible. It's just sound and fury for two hours, filled with individual scenes that in other films would be highlights, but here, are part of a non-stop barrage. The intensity can get exhausting, but that's the point; Network wants to wear you out with it's righteous indignation.

Faye Dunaway, William Holden, Peter Finch, Robert Duvall, Beatrice Straight and Ned Beatty all give…

• CinemaClown

★★★½ Watched by CinemaClown 01 Mar, 2015 11

A hysterical, satirical & critical take on the TV news & show business plus the extent to which it can stoop in its pursuit of higher ratings & profits, Network is a brilliantly crafted, crazily narrated & outrageously performed cinema that makes a biting statement against the undeniable power of television & the effect it can have on the masses.

The story of Network concerns a TV news veteran who's about to lose his job due to the declining ratings of his show & announces on…

• robert_holly

★★★★★ Added by robert_holly

Says everything you ever need to know.

• Jesse Bajenaru

★★★½ Watched by Jesse Bajenaru 27 Feb, 2015

Network
    or
    (The prequel to Nightcrawler)

• Shawn Dryden

★★★★★ Watched by Shawn Dryden 24 Feb, 2015 3

Absolutely brilliant and prophetic film. More accurate and relevant today than when it was made. A hilarious satire filled with absurdity and madness. A 70's version of a Coen brothers movie.

The main plot serves to connect the many fantastic monologues throughout the movie. Peter Finch has several and each one is masterful. He's decent into madness is captivating and his Oscar is well deserved. Faye Dunaway is ruthless and electric. Holden and Duvall are both solid. Honorable mention goes to Ned Beatty who basically pinch-hits a home run with his memorable tirade.

• Mash

★★★★★ Watched by Mash 26 Feb, 2015

One of those classic movies that everyone says is a masterpiece and actually ends up being just that when you see it. I didn't know it was a satire when I started watching either it so I wasn't expecting to be laughing as much as I did.

A bona fide classic that everybody needs to watch.

• Wesley Emblidge

★★★★ Rewatched by Wesley Emblidge 26 Feb, 2015

Petition to remake Network just in order to have Tom Wilkinson play Howard Beale. Because we all know he'd fucking kill it (as great as Peter Finch is).

• wgkleberg

★★★★★ Watched by wgkleberg 23 Feb, 2015

I've been meaning to watch Network for quite a while now and it did not disappoint. Chayefsky's script is both deeply cynical, emotionally stirring, and very satirical. The dialogue is sharp and there are many fiercely eloquent monologues throughout. The cast is also superb. Holden deftly anchors the film's moral center, while Finch, Dunaway, Duvall, and Beatty all deliver intense performances. The actors certainly chew the scenary a bit, but it suits the manic tone of the film very well.…

• Robert Nolan

★★★★ Watched by Robert Nolan 20 Feb, 2015

Network has good acting and a very interesting storyline. The character's rants are very entertaining but the side plot felt tacked on.

• Andrew

Watched by Andrew 24 Jul, 2008

"I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna' take it anymore!!"

That's the token line from "Network" and anybody who's even remotely interested in film, whether they've seen "Network" or not, has heard it. It's also the line that I felt compelled to yell at about the halfway mark of watching this pile of rubbish. Now, I already know what you're thinking: "How dare this lowly blog writer condemn the greatness that is Network!" There's just one problem though, I…

• GoodBadAndOdd

★★★½ Watched by GoodBadAndOdd 21 Feb, 2015

Whilst a fine film, it has not aged as well as some. The subplot involving the relationship between Dunaway and Holden is tiresome in the extreme, and the message involving the communists getting a TV show and turning into crass capitalists is broad to say the least, but Finch as Howard Beale, and some of the scenes around him (in particular a brilliant scene involving Ned Beatty) remains terrific.

Where once it was prescient and telling, it now seems, in an age of sensationalist rolling news, to be merely quaint rage for the sake of it against the tide of "progress".