• Scott

★★★ Watched by Scott 24 Jan, 2016

It's histronic, over the top style is both engrossing and exhausting in about equal measures. Still managed to be quite captivating all the way through.

• Béa

★★★★ Watched by Béa 05 Feb, 2016

Fast paced, witty and entertaining. This is a really great film, especially for students of film i think. Lot's to learn from this simple yet interesting story.

• sprungbok

Added by sprungbok

Watching this for the first time, I realised it's the predecessor of Nightcrawler and Birdman. Which is nice because they make a neat group of three. And I love threes (especially in the cinema).

• jto111

★★★★½ Added by jto111

A prophetic film on the nature of television and ratings starring Faye Dunaway.

• Tom Simpson

★★★★★ Watched by Tom Simpson 02 Feb, 2016

Mr Lumet does it again.

• Blu Raid

★★★★★ Added by Blu Raid

"There is no America. There is no democracy. There is only IBM and ITT and AT&T and DuPont, Dow, Union Carbide, and Exxon. Those are the nations of the world today."

Absolute masterpiece. More prescient now than ever.

• Luis Hernandez

★★★★ Watched by Luis Hernandez 29 Jan, 2016

Not only impressive for the dark story behind it, Network reflects how we're actually living in the present day with sharp performances and a tender direction from Sidney Lumet.

• Nikki

★½ Watched by Nikki 28 Jan, 2016 2

"I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore"

I think the acting in this movie was spot on but I just couldn't get into the story as much as I like to with movies.

• Aaron

★★★ Added by Aaron

Still relevant. Gets a bit silly as it goes on.

• Arthur92998

★★★★ Watched by Arthur92998 27 Jan, 2016

"I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"

It's incredible how this movie from 1976 manages to discuss issues that are still present NOW A DAYS with great script and dialogues.
    Unfortunately, the biggest problem of Network is to persist in the unnecessary romance between Diana and Max. Besides THAT, still a great movie.

• Dirk van Eck

★★★ Watched by Dirk van Eck 25 Jan, 2016 15

This film inspired the best ever song in which a movie fragment has been incorporated. They’re pretty amazing live as well by the way!

• Lily Sockmonkey

★★★★½ Watched by Lily Sockmonkey 18 Jan, 2016

Wow can be viewed on soooo many layers; are we all puppets, what is real and what is scripted. Loved this!