• Alex Leadbeater

★★★★ Watched by Alex Leadbeater 24 Jan, 2015

The whole look at the politics of network television is obviously of the time, yet the broader themes of corporations remain incredibly current.

• Tyrion Lannister

Watched by Tyrion Lannister 22 Jan, 2015 5

"I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"

Network is as energetic, passionate, angry, spellbinding, and masterful as each one of its extended monologues, created in one of the greatest screenplays ever written by Paddy Chayefsky, brought to life by some of the most ferocious performances in all of cinema, and executed flawlessly by Sidney Lumet, who now has a perfect 2 for 2 masterpiece record from me.

What can I say? I'm a sucker…

• Matt Brown

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Brown 21 Jan, 2015

"He's saying that life is bullshit and it is, so what are you screaming about?!"

• Miles Lamensky

★★★½ Watched by Miles Lamensky 21 Jan, 2015

"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!"

The frenzied and verbose Network initially drove me deep into a squared corner of my melted ego. The barrage of political references spewing out at 6Gs from the articulate lips of every actor and actress on the set challenged my sense of worth. But I endured until a cleary skied resolution was reached via the lucid lunacy of Howard Beale. Lumet metaphorically pans upward from groundlevel: Beale pointing…

• Jose Geogcia

★★★★½ Watched by Jose Geogcia 19 Jan, 2015

I can't believe I put off watching this movie until now. I understand why Aaron Sorkin is the way he is now.

• Raph Lumbroso

★★★★ Watched by Raph Lumbroso 19 Jan, 2015

Network is a dark and prophetic satire about the influence of television, Faye Dunaway is especially stellar.

• Ivan Negroni

★★★★½ Added by Ivan Negroni

One of the best American films ever made and winner of multiple awards. With a cast of A-Listers, including Robert Duvall and William Holden, "Network" is a gem from director Sidney Lumet. More relevant today than it was almost 40 years ago.

• Chris Van Horn

★★★★★ Watched by Chris Van Horn 16 Jan, 2015

Nearly perfect 35mm print (provided by the Academy Film Archive). The acting, the writing, the direction, the cinematography, the balance of it all, everything about this film is the best it fucking gets. I don't want to spoil anything, but it does something few films do all the while being one of the most entertaining pieces of filmmaking I've ever seen.

• Guy

★★★★ Rewatched by Guy 15 Jan, 2015

I was the only kid in my abstract algebra class that got the reference when my professor jovially said something about being mad as hell and not taking it anymore a few years ago.

• emilio

★★★★★ Watched by emilio 08 Nov, 2014

JESUS CHRIST. This movie is so much smarter than the "I'm mad as hell" Howard Beale clips that are commonly disseminated online. In fact, the fire and brimstone speeches are their own commentary: on the one hand, they succeed in riling up the populace in support of revolutionary ideas, but on the other hand they spur on no real change, becoming just another piece of the television marketplace.

NETWORK isn't only a philosophical movie, it's a comedy. And a dense character study. Never boring for a second. And buttressed by the likes of Faye Dunaway, Ned Beatty and Robert Duvall.

• Stormy1

★★★★★ Watched by Stormy1 16 Aug, 2014

Amazing film that is made in a satiric way which portray the media.
    Even though this film is made in 1976, the satiric storyline its very true for modern media also.

• Tim Lawrence

★★★★★ Added by Tim Lawrence

A gloriously biting and witty satire brought to life by an amazing cast and Sidney Lumet's flawless direction from Paddy Chayefsky's incredible screenplay; a masterpiece.