• Joachim Andersson

★★★½ Rewatched by Joachim Andersson 10 Apr, 2015 4

If you hate this movie then you are a cold and evil bastard who should go back to making out with your Wes Anderson bluray collection.

A silly plot, yes, but tremendous amounts of comicbook violence (every person dying looks like he has a balloon full of blood strapped to his body), cool fightscenes and Sho Kosugi. Yeah, Sho! Entertaining as hell.

• CJ

★★★½ Watched by CJ 05 Apr, 2015 1

I avoided this when it came out because it looked, from the artwork and the people involved, that it would be some kind of Matrix bullshit. And since I still haven't got over my feelings that the Matrix pretty much ruined cinema, it took until I needed to "research" modern ninja films for me to finally, reluctantly fork out 49p for a second hand DVD copy of this.

I'll hold my hand up and say I was wrong. Ninja Assassin…

• NinjaDomoEsq

★★★½ Rewatched by NinjaDomoEsq 10 Mar, 2015

The best ninja movie that I've ever seen. That said, I remember this being better. The mix of stylized, fake looking blood, sometimes weapons flying at the screen is very hit and miss, but the film makes up for it in creativity and direction. The action never gets stale and there is a passable story to be told. I don't know if there is a sequel, but it would be fun if there was. There's room to improve and make the perfect ninja film.

• Alex Keipper

★★½ Added by Alex Keipper

The script for Ninja Assassin was written in 53 hours, so don't hold it against the film that there's not a single piece of dialogue not intended to provide exposition and advance plot. It's all delivered quickly too, as if the actors know they're going to get as little screen time as possible to allow for as much fighting as possible. But the plot is silly and the violence is extraordinary. The endless dubbed over lines and ridiculous special effects combine to create almost a 21st century version of 70s kung fu camp. Really, it's a lot of stupid fun.

• Chris

★★★½ Watched by Chris 01 Mar, 2015

Lashings of blood and amputations in this bad boy. The story is bobbins but this isn't really the situation where you're engrossed. I did the washing up backlog whilst watching this. I didn't watch the entire film whilst washing up. I didn't have that much piled up, but I did have to dry up and then do the next load so it took some time.
    I quite like watching films whilst doing the washing up. Mindless action stuff only though I think.

• Dying_Words

★½ Watched by Dying_Words 20 Feb, 2015

Enjoy only the fight scenes full of gore....

• S_MTX

★★ Watched by S_MTX 18 Feb, 2015

It opens with such great promise but sadly doesn't live up to it. The flashback scenes are at least interesting, have solid training/action beats and are probably the best thing in the movie. This could've been a fun, trashy martial arts movie. There's this batshit insane supernatural element to it and with that set up at the beginning it could've been really cool. Unfortunately a crappy detective story and some really poor camera work does not do any favors for…

• IkeTurnerBitch

★★★★ Added by IkeTurnerBitch 2

It's what Romeo Must Die should have been?

• Vinicius Oliveira

★★★★ Watched by Vinicius Oliveira 01 Feb, 2015

People may disagree with me, but I really enjoyed this film.
    The action scenes are great, interesting and well done. The bloody fight scenes are amazing, I liked the grotesque ambience and exaggeration which seems to be characteristic to japanese samurai films (Kill Bill vol 1 plays with that style).
    The screenplay surprised me a lot, since I was not expecting a complex and well written story. However, direction and actings fall far short of. It could be better, but…

• ThiagoHercules

★★ Watched by ThiagoHercules 23 Jan, 2015

É um filme legal, bacana, mas só pra passar o tempo. Não há boas atuações, apesar de elas não comprometerem. O que tem de melhor mesmo são as cenas de ação, mesmo que o sangue feito não seja um dos melhores que já vi, sendo em vários momentos ele não sendo muito bem feito. Apesar desses defeitos, as cenas de ação são ótimas e bastante divertidas, principalmente no clímax. É até bem dirigido, mas nada demais. Ninja Assassino acaba sendo apenas um passatempo que logo será esquecido, mesmo tendo ótimas e divertidas cenas de ação.

• Jason MD-P

★★½ Added by Jason MD-P

Cool SFX, typical plot.

• Chetan

★★★½ Rewatched by Chetan 17 Jan, 2015

A violent and bloody ninja film. We don't have enough ninja movies these days, so it was great to see this one. It's got some killer fights, with plenty of heads, limbs and got knows what else being chopped off.

Story is good, acting is serviceable, and the script, well, it's ok. With this kind of film, you just gotta let go and enjoy the ride. Sho Kosugi from the 80s era ninja films plays the bad guy...so that is pretty cool.