• Arf Ortiyef

★★ Watched by Arf Ortiyef 30 Jun, 2015

this ninja gets sliced up like a pizza pie

• L!M!N

★★★ Added by L!M!N

Had to glance down at my hands to see if I was playing a videogame.

• dartagnan

★★★ Watched by dartagnan 10 Jun, 2015

Wow there sure is a lot of fake blood in this movie.

Also throwing stars.

Also stomach abuse.

Also black sand.

Also some kick-ass fight choreography.

Also half-naked Rain.

Also Rick Yune saying "Little Brother"

Also Sho Kosugi being a disappointed dad.

Anyway, if you don't mind spoilers, the editing room says it best
    www.the-editing-room.com/ninja-assassin.html

• Dave Glass

★½ Watched by Dave Glass 08 Jun, 2015

I can't decide if it is so bad that it's good or just straight up bad. A couple decent fights but mostly laughable.

• Erika Neves

Added by Erika Neves

Existe uma única palavra para definir esse filme: Decepção.Qualquer um que tenha visto os vídeos que vazaram na internet, mostrando o treinamento de Rain e da equipe de dublês, esperava lutas espetaculares e de tirar o fôlego. Mas não é bem isso que se vê. Aliás, não se vê nada, já que as lutas são muito escuras, e editadas com cortes muitos rápidos.

As melhores cenas do filme são as que mostram a infância e adolescência de Raizo, e todo…

• Danny Aston

★★½ Watched by Danny Aston 18 May, 2015

CGI BLOOD IS THE LAST REFUGE OF THE SCOUNDREL

• Arthur Tuoto

★★★½ Watched by Arthur Tuoto 11 May, 2015

Toda a dinâmica entre o cgi e a ação não deixa de lembrar bem os Wachowskis. Tem uma sequência muito boa em cima de um prédio, em uma noite chuvosa ultra alegórica, que poderia ter saído diretamente de um dos Matrix. Mas no caso aqui a coisa invoca toda uma vibe bem mais gore e que tem na plasticidade do sangue e do contraste das cores (sangue, fogo, luz) toda uma abordagem muito única mesmo. É um tipo de violência…

• Obistrike

★★★ Watched by Obistrike 08 May, 2015 2

Figuring this was a no budget Eastern export I was pleasantly surprised with the pedigree of names and faces involved in this relatively entertaining CGI shit fest. The 300 aesthetic didn't work and much of the choreography is uninspired but the finale was super impressive, the lead was fine and Sho puts in a imposing turn.

I obviously prefer my ninja victims to be squibbed-up and prosthetically sliced but that's like lamenting over the death of Blockbuster Video. That's not…

• Joachim Andersson

★★★½ Rewatched by Joachim Andersson 10 Apr, 2015 4

If you hate this movie then you are a cold and evil bastard who should go back to making out with your Wes Anderson bluray collection.

A silly plot, yes, but tremendous amounts of comicbook violence (every person dying looks like he has a balloon full of blood strapped to his body), cool fightscenes and Sho Kosugi. Yeah, Sho! Entertaining as hell.

• CJ

★★★½ Watched by CJ 05 Apr, 2015 1

I avoided this when it came out because it looked, from the artwork and the people involved, that it would be some kind of Matrix bullshit. And since I still haven't got over my feelings that the Matrix pretty much ruined cinema, it took until I needed to "research" modern ninja films for me to finally, reluctantly fork out 49p for a second hand DVD copy of this.

I'll hold my hand up and say I was wrong. Ninja Assassin…

• NinjaDomoEsq

★★★½ Rewatched by NinjaDomoEsq 10 Mar, 2015

The best ninja movie that I've ever seen. That said, I remember this being better. The mix of stylized, fake looking blood, sometimes weapons flying at the screen is very hit and miss, but the film makes up for it in creativity and direction. The action never gets stale and there is a passable story to be told. I don't know if there is a sequel, but it would be fun if there was. There's room to improve and make the perfect ninja film.

• Chris

★★★½ Watched by Chris 01 Mar, 2015

Lashings of blood and amputations in this bad boy. The story is bobbins but this isn't really the situation where you're engrossed. I did the washing up backlog whilst watching this. I didn't watch the entire film whilst washing up. I didn't have that much piled up, but I did have to dry up and then do the next load so it took some time.
    I quite like watching films whilst doing the washing up. Mindless action stuff only though I think.