• Bunkerwelt

★★★★ Rewatched by Bunkerwelt 13 Jul, 2014 3

Wait what?

When I first watched this I absolutely hated it. Goofy over the top action, terrible dialogues, way too dark scenery that made it hard to see what's happening and way too much CGI blood fountains. Somehow down the line the world changed to this movie's favour: First I got myself a big screen HD TV and a BluRay player, so I'm perfectly able to see what is going on and second I have seen so many movies with…

• mo_shack

★★ Rewatched by mo_shack 11 Jul, 2014

James McTeigue somehow manages to make ninjas boring. Also, Naomie Harris is really fucking annoying in this.

• Victor Krause

★★★ Watched by Victor Krause 06 Jul, 2014

What it lacks in effective story it makes up for in gallons of blood. The action in this movie has a serious case of 300-osis (I would use -itis, but that means inflammation, not condition), but there are some really cool sequences. Not enough to say it's a "good" movie, but James McTeigue delivers more of the action and style from V For Vendetta. Just... not as well.

• Beggarsoshat

★★ Added by Beggarsoshat

The film that puts the ass in assassin. The McTeigue/Wachowski nexus create something that's a slicker version of an old Golan/Globus movie, but overwhelm it with CGI blood and weapons. This is presumably to hide the deficiency of leading man and pop star Rain (another method is to film the fights in near-total darkness). The script is awful and the supporting cast look embarrassed (Naomie Harris is so far from her Skyfall awesomeness I didn't realise it was her until…

• Shawna of the Shire

★★ Watched by Shawna of the Shire 29 Jun, 2014

A few good ideas in action but overly cheesy and poorly executed.

• Kirk Gospel

★★★★ Rewatched by Kirk Gospel 29 Jun, 2014

Really awesome and stylish ninja movie. Although i am no expert at knowing about ninjas, this is how i imagine them to be when the word ninja is ever mentioned.

Lot's of blood and lot's of cool fights and a really fun movie to watch.

• Chris Ward

★★★½ Rewatched by Chris Ward 19 Jun, 2014

Pretty cool throwback to '80s ninja movies with lots of terrible CGI blood.

• Alan Lai

½ Added by Alan Lai

Shallow characters, boring actions/direction and so much Fake bloods.Hence,a pathetic overall.

• Al

Added by Al

Just... No. Don't even get me started on this.

• Leszek Pietrzak

★★ Watched by Leszek Pietrzak 16 Mar, 2014

There are three things that hurt me the most in the Ninja Assassin:

1. The CGI blood and effects that were comparable to a mediocre pc game from the 90s.
    2. The fact that ninjas in some scenes are godlike-skilled and untouchable -- but the moment later they die like flies.
    3. The fact that ninjas *are* assassins, making the title redundant and dumb.

• Nudeviking

Watched by Nudeviking 28 Nov, 2009

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• kylegarvey

★★★★½ Added by kylegarvey

A slick genre dessert that's as thrilling and sophisticated as it is gory. The blood can be B-movie pink and watery, but it's unflinchingly sublime; and it's stirred into a surprisingly deep tale of sadomasochistic splendor.