• smaz

★★★★★ Added by smaz

The Perfect Movie.

• Josh Franks

★★★★★ Rewatched by Josh Franks 24 Nov, 2014

In a cinema with an original reel. Spectacular.

• Ben Lane

★★★★★ Added by Ben Lane

Javier Bardem creates one of the most menacing characters in modern filmmaking, and the Coen brothers are showcasing their talent here.

• Mynt Marsellus

★★★★★ Rewatched by Mynt Marsellus 11 Nov, 2014

I'm super excited to be writing a paper about this. This was probably a contender before I had such a category but this is now a bona fide 5 star film. "...and then I woke up."

• Chris Lay

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Lay 09 Nov, 2014

Woody Harrelson is the only slightly-not-amazing-thing thing about this movie. Finally got around to watching the TV show "based on" FARGO. It was pretty good. Got a few qualms with some plot threads that went nowhere about two-thirds through the season, but Billy Bob Thornton pulls off a better than average Anton Chigurh clone and overall there was more than enough Coen-nerdery happening in there to keep me entertained. Any which way, tossed this one on to more or less wrap up the whole FARGO THE TV SHOW experience. Maybe not my favorite Coen flick, but damned if it ain't their best.

• Matt Moody

★★★★★ Added by Matt Moody

If it wasn't official when this film was released, subsequent films from the Coen Brothers have proved this - they've perfected their craft. The camera tells the story here with sweeping beauty, (Roger Deakins of Shawshank Redemption and all films Coen fame), and the editing work smooths out this bloody tale of lost drug money, an opportunistic coyboy and a hitman wo will stop at nothing to follow his warped ideas of a code.

• shakthi

★★★★★ Watched by shakthi 05 Aug, 2013

awesome work.....good screenplay..this movie impressed me..

• Joe Heizer

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joe Heizer 02 Nov, 2014

Still perfect.

• MYates

★★★★★ Added by MYates

Cormac McCarthy's film adaptation of the amazing novel of the same name. What can I say that has not been said already. The Coen brothers are amazing at what they do. Jones, Bardem and Brolin are all perfectly cast in their roles. Can their be a creepier bad guy than Javier Bardem?

One thing that stuck out to me was the minimal use of a score. There are only a few scenes that have any musical accompaniment. This lack of…

• Joel Bakker

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joel Bakker 19 Oct, 2014

Slow and dry and terrifying, like running out of water deep in the desert.

• Jordan Benesh

★★★★★ Watched by Jordan Benesh 11 Oct, 2014

First time seeing it. Ever. Like, really.

• Joe

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joe 15 Oct, 2014

2007 was a hell of a year. what with Zodiac, There Will Be Blood, Atonement, The Assassination of Jessie James but still one movie for me managed to top a parade of masterpieces. The Coen Brother's adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's challenging post modern novel encompasses the ultimate aligning of the stars depicting the mundane, savagery, and beauty of it all.

I love how exhausted Tommy Lee Jones is. He fights the good fight but he's just so tired. A really…