• Zak Galna

★★★★★ Added by Zak Galna

Javier Bardem plays an excellent Anton Chigurh. I really appreciated the scene towards the end in which even he, the seemingly unstoppable killing machine that he is, is prone to making a mistake. As a fan of the book, this adaptation was fantastic.

• Gaurav Singh

★★★★★ Rewatched by Gaurav Singh 13 Sep, 2014

The movie opens with the flat, confiding voice of Tommy Lee Jones. He describes a teenage killer he once sent to the chair. The boy had killed his 14-year-old girlfriend. The papers described it as a crime of passion, "but he tolt me there weren't nothin' passionate about it. Said he'd been fixin' to kill someone for as long as he could remember. Said if I let him out of there, he'd kill somebody again. Said he was goin' to…

• samuelblack

★★★★★ Watched by samuelblack 11 Sep, 2014

The epitome of suspense. Actually the epitome of every cinematic and narrative aspect.

• KMOKLER

★★★★★ Added by KMOKLER

I really, really love this film for being perfect in every way (for me) because i honestly liked the ending I thought it was pretty realistic and i think Javier Bardem is becoming one of my favourite actors but then he oes and does these romantic comedies i think he should stick to this type of genre.

• Pike Bishop

★★★★★ Rewatched by Pike Bishop 05 Sep, 2014

One of the best films of the last 20 years, No Country For Old Men shows that the smaller amount of violence in a movie can make it even worse when it is there.

• Ricardo Cunha

>Production Design- 10/10
    -Sets & Props: 5/5
    -Costumes: 5/5
    >Cinematography: 10/10
    OVERALL: 100/100
    GRADE: A+

• sschuster

★★★★★ Added by sschuster

This film is endlessly rewatchable, endlessly quotable. Fantastic performances, writing, and directing. Maybe the Coen's best.

• Bruno_Lisboa

★★★★★ Added by Bruno_Lisboa

"Por que a canção de Bobby Womack, 'Across 110th Street', está presente em quase todos os filmes de gangsters?". Esta pergunta ecoou em minha cabeça por dias. Quentin Tarantino, por exemplo, a utiliza em Jackie Brown. Ridley Scott também a utiliza no recente American Gangster...
    Seria devido à melodia funk? Ou seria pelo simples fato dela ser ótima mesmo? A dúvida perdurou por um bom tempo até o dia em que prestei atenção a letra e encontrei a.possível resposta: lá…

• Christian R

★★★★★ Rewatched by Christian R 10 Aug, 2014

When I think of the Coen Brothers, I normally think of what quirky film they have up their sleeves next. However, this dark violent drama from them is simply outstanding. It's high level of acting and screenplay marry well. It's an edge of your seat thrill especially the performance of Bardem.

• MadZack

★★★★★ Added by MadZack

A wholly genius film.

There is a strong permeating feeling of permanence in No Country For Old Men. Of something preordained and unchangeable. Not like fate, far from that. Something perpetual that operates freely and without mercy. Flowing invariably, remarkably so. The haunts of our lives, the guardians of myth. What becomes of constants?

The central themes of No Country For Old Men are those of male impotence, generational emasculation, and death. These themes are surprisingly easy to recognize and…

• RagingTaxiDriver

★★★★★ Rewatched by RagingTaxiDriver 06 Aug, 2014 3

The Coens' prose (in a cinematic sense) is just as creative and ingenius as the book's author Cormac McCarthy. There's so much going on within nothing, that it becomes endlessly intriguing.

From Brolin's similarity to Bardem (e.g. paying for a teen's shirt when they're at their weakest), to the lack of empathy placed upon characters...and of course, the end dreams.

I know there's a lot of debate as to what they mean. But what if they really mean nothing? What…