• Evan W

★★★★★ Watched by Evan W 23 Feb, 2015

This movie was incredible. Javier Bardem gave the performance of a lifetime as a creepy murderer. The movie kept me at the edge of my seat and left me wanting more. An all time favorite.

• Sam Ryu

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sam Ryu 25 Feb, 2015

Okay. I'll be part of this world [...] And then I woke up. (Favorite movie—haven't seen in theater since 2007.)

• tskimmett

★★★★★ Added by tskimmett

Date unknown

• Jason Lemmon

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jason Lemmon 24 Feb, 2015

I've rewatched several well acclaimed films that I haven't liked the first time around, and never once do I recall one where my opinion has changed upside down. With each one I revisit, I get less and less motivated to sit down again for another, especially one from a filmmaker that I don't have a fond track record of. So, while it's been a while since I first saw this one, needless to say I struggled to even turn it…

• Vinicius Oliveira

★★★★★ Watched by Vinicius Oliveira 23 Feb, 2015

I love being defied by a film. But when a film does it so intenly, I feel disturbed, uncomfortable.
    After watching for two times, I rewinded to understand what's going on - and it worked better. It lacks of tradicional storytelling and it's entirely ravishing. It's apparently calm, but the most horrible and thrilling things are happening in that, and if you are not paying attention, you are going to miss.

• Matthew Bailey

★★★★★ Added by Matthew Bailey

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

"The question is: Where would it get you if something that's a little bit ambiguous in the movie is made clear? It doesn't get you anywhere." -Director Joel Coen (in reference to Barton Fink)

SEE FULL REVIEW AT:
    mattbailey97.blogspot.com/2009/12/best-film-of-decade.html

• Jakub Flasz

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jakub Flasz 17 Feb, 2015

This time around I remain confident that "No country for old men" has more to do with films like "Halloween" than anything else. The western setting is merely a backdrop to an otherwise very tense slasher of the gourmet variety.

I have seen this movie a number of times now and it still surprises me in some ways. For instance, this was the first time I registered a complete lack of music with mostly the sounds of the desert and…

• Alexandre Giacomelli

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alexandre Giacomelli 19 Feb, 2015

Uma obra prima, simplesmente Genial.

Um dos melhores viloes e maniacos do cinema.

Vc se sente na pele do Josh, eh muita tensao e desespero.

• Reid

★★★★★ Added by Reid

No Country for Old Men is one of the finest examples of modern film-making. It is relentlessly tense, hauntingly bleak, and astoundingly shot. Every beat in No Country for Old Men is necessary and makes for a truly excellent picture.

• David Delaney

★★★★★ Watched by David Delaney 16 Feb, 2015

What can be said that hasn't been said already. This is a modern classic. Nuff said.

• indianajones64

★★★★★ Rewatched by indianajones64 13 Feb, 2015

I have three standard responses for “What’s Your Favorite Movie”, that loaded question that gets thrown around uncomfortably and brings sweat and heart rate increases to those who have any inkling of themselves as vauguely cinema-savvy. My first is Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, which has been probably my favorite movie since before I can really create memories. And yes, in my heart, it still is, but I mean, I know it’s not the BEST movie out there,…

• Pamela Rahn

★★★★★ Watched by Pamela Rahn 01 Feb, 2015

brutal película, bardem lo hace genial.