• Ben James

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ben James 13 Apr, 2014

Chigurh: And you know what's going to happen now. You should admit your situation. There would be more dignity in it.
    Wells: You go to hell.
    Chigurh: [Chuckles] Alright. Let me ask you something. If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?
    Wells: Do you have any idea how crazy you are?
    Chigurh: You mean the nature of this conversation?
    Wells: I mean the nature of you.

• moviefreak666

★★★★★ Rewatched by moviefreak666 08 May, 2010

Joel and Ethan Coen have a thing for making movies in places that America doesn't usually see. And the setting for "No Country" is moody and haunting. Javier Bardem's performance is one to talk about and top notch also Josh Brolin's performance as Llewelyn (funny name) and Tommy Lee Jones as well although he doesn't get as much screen time as Bardem and Brolin. All the performances in the movie are good and I've said it before and I'll say…

• Dylan Sage

★★★★★ Watched by Dylan Sage 10 Apr, 2014

anton chigurh, the coin-toss scene, the ending, the acting. that is all. best coen brothers film next to fargo

• Kevin Lu

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kevin Lu 10 Apr, 2014

This is probably my third or fourth rewatch and I'm still picking up on new, small things that I really like.

- it actually took me a while to realize that there's practically no music/soundtracks in this film and that the "score" is really just the small, sudden but subtle sounds that occur throughout the movie - the flipping of the coin, the oxygen tank contacting the concrete ground, the beeping of the tracking device and even the tiniest things…

• RyanLeach

★★★★★ Watched by RyanLeach 08 Apr, 2014

So good, JB plays one of the best villains/psycho paths in film today. Dare I say my generations Anthony Hopkins aka Dr. Lector.

• Steve Mesa

★★★★★ Rewatched by Steve Mesa 31 Mar, 2014

Everyone in the cast has delivered tremendous performances from Tommy Lee Jones, Josh Brolin, Kelly Macdonald and the Oscar-winning performance of Javier Bardem as Anton Chigurh. No Country for Old Men explores themes such as fate and consequences that was explored in the Coen Brothers’ earlier film, Fargo. The film creates a good companion piece to the novel because most of the dialogue from the book was translated verbatim to the movie. What also makes this movie fascinating is that the film does not have any musical score whatsoever.

• elias1026

★★★★★ Added by elias1026 4

MOVIE A DAY FOR A YEAR - DAY 2
    this movie man, this movie...by far the best film of the past decade, and the best coen brothers pic to date. watch it. love it. re-watch it. fall in love all over again.

• lynyrdsghost

★★★★★ Added by lynyrdsghost

Great crime thriller with a very good cast.

• Keith LaFountaine

★★★★★ Added by Keith LaFountaine

A modern masterpiece. The Coen Brothers create a world filled with silence and then use Hitchcock-esque suspense to then tear violent holes in said world.

• UttiyoS

★★★★★ Added by UttiyoS

No Country for Old Men- 5/5

Greed and Violence are something which can lead human beings to the most cruelest of things imaginable and reap out the inner banes of the human soul. Joel and Ethan Coen’s masterpiece ‘’No Country for Old Men’’ shows these evils in an intense manner through a gripping cat and mouse chase along with the rotten side of the beloved ‘’countryside’’ which has been shown in a dark manner by some very misty characters presented…

• Scott Thompson

★★★★★ Added by Scott Thompson

Coen Brothers? Brilliant. Roger Deakins? Brilliant. Javier Bardem/Tommy Lee Jones/Josh Brolin? Brilliant, brilliant, and brilliant. The conventional parts are done marvelously, the unconventional even more so. This film is as close as to perfection as you will find.

• Zac Thompson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Zac Thompson 02 Jan, 2014

Sportswriter Bill Simmons disliked the "English major" ending of this movie. I love it and I like Bill Simmons as a writer. But in this case I'm an English major first and foremost. This is one of the best movies of the past decade, a perfect melding of our greatest filmmakers and one of our greatest novelists. C'mon, Bill, the theme ain't even that elusive; it's there in the title.