• ChromosomeDodgr

★★★★★ Added by ChromosomeDodgr

THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER IT IS GREATEST OF ALL TIME, IT HAS SOO MUCH COOOL VIOLENCEEE, IVE SEEN IT SO MUCY TIME, AT THE BIGINING THE GUY SHOOTS SOMEONE WITHE THE THING (ITS LIKE AN AIRGUN BUT DEADLY) AND HE DIES AND THERES ALSO A LOT OF BLOOD AND ACTIOOOOONNNN! IT ALSO HAS GOOD TALKING

• Reece Leonard

★★★★★ Added by Reece Leonard

Quiet, suspenseful and occasionally very funny, "No Country for Old Men" is possibly the Coen brothers' most poignant work, in part due to some brilliantly minimalistic performances from it's talented cast.

• Alex Tărău

★★★★★ Watched by Alex Tărău 06 Apr, 2015

Film #17 of the "Scavenger Hunt" Challenge!
    Task #18 : A film with your favorite movie character of all time!

No Country For Old Men is, at its core an extremely simple premise but is skyrocketed to an unprecedented level of excellence from its darkly comical tone; an element blended together through the fantastic performances and excellent direction by the Coen brothers. 100/100

• Zach

★★★★★ Watched by Zach 09 Feb, 2015

No Country for Old Men - 10/10

Ughhh...

It was so good. A very deep, entrancing thriller that turns out to be something entirely different than you would expect.

This is an utterly fantastic movie. It might even be one of the best I have ever seen.

The great thing about this movie is I was never bored...Not for a second. Which is astounding due to the sheer cerebral content that is in the film. This movie works in every…

• gbxavier

★★★★★ Watched by gbxavier 03 Apr, 2015

Atualmente, tristemente e com um olhar pessimista, o que me preocupa é o (não) silêncio dos bons.

Queria falar mais desse filme. De sua técnica (se capacidade tivesse), de suas mensagens, se olhar tão profundo conseguisse. Mas me reservo a sentí-lo.

• Jeremy Clark

★★★★★ Added by Jeremy Clark

My favorite film of 2007 breathes new life (and death) into the classic American western. Joel and Ethan Coen construct the film like a steel trap, one that springs and snaps with an intensity seldom seen in the movies. The film features a killer combination of acting talent-- Josh Brolin, Tommy Lee Jones and Javier Bardem, who creates and then unleashes one of the great screen villains of our time. Driven by heart-stopping tension and pacing, this masterful juxtaposition of savagery and innocence is a powerful tale of morality in a bleak world where a life can end with the flip of a coin. (AFI)

• Kurt Fabisch

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kurt Fabisch 26 Mar, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

“I was sheriff of this county when I was 25 years old.”

Of the last 20 years, I’d wager this is the Best Picture movie that has the least amount of people saying it didn’t deserve it.

No Country for Old Men.

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

This would be the first Coen Brothers movie I saw on the big screen and holy crap did I pick the right one.

I’ll never forget seeing that trailer, I think it was on a DVD.…

• lantio

★★★★★ Rewatched by lantio 23 Mar, 2015

Even though I'd read the book and seen the movie twice already, No Country still had me on the edge of my seat this time. Few movies, thrillers especially, have such rewatch value. The chase between Anton Chigurh and Llewlyn Moss remains terrifying and tense the third time around. No Country for Old Men remains one of all time favourite films.

• Xplodera

★★★★★ Rewatched by Xplodera 24 Mar, 2015

“I knew this wasn’t done with”

I’m quite unsure what the exact definition of a western-movie is, but to me, the Cohen-brothers’ No Country For Old Men does very much feel like a modern western. In the best sense possible. Centering around a fairly simple story out of the McCarthy-novel, this drama thriller takes this plot and turns it into perfection filled with amazing characters and themes. It’s all topped off with an amazing cinematography, Roger Deakins does surely have…

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★★★ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

"No Country For Old Men" is about a world, realistic yet fictional, and about the normal and abnormal characters that inhabit that world. Like every Coen brothers film I've thus far seen, it places the viewer into a setting so vividly created and human that it's hard not to feel a connection to it. The dialogue is beautiful and endlessly witty, and the actors, even if not perfect at their accents (I don't know what Bardem was trying to do,…

• pueblerinarose

★★★★★ Watched by pueblerinarose 22 Nov, 2007

Amé ver éstas películas con mi hermano

• fdash