• benhamine

★★★★★ Rewatched by benhamine 02 Jul, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• ShadetreeDad

★★★★★ Watched by ShadetreeDad 10 Aug, 2008

What a ride. Right from the start you can't take your eyes and ears off this film. I'm there with Josh, and there's a killer who will stop at nothing. You're caught up in the moment, your next decision based on the one before and there is no going back. This will not end well. And when it does you finally take a breath. So powerful and believable. Put this on your must watch list. I promise you won't be disappointed.

• Chester C. Cole

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chester C. Cole 09 Dec, 2014

A masterpiece, obviously.

• Keith Garlington

★★★★★ Added by Keith Garlington

Joel and Ethan Coen have established themselves as some of the best filmmakers in the business. Their wide creative range and unique storytelling style has given us great films from several genres. Yet there are several common threads woven throughout a Coen brothers picture and one of the greatest compliments I can give them is that you know a Coen brothers movie when you see it. “No Country for Old Men” is my personal favorite of all of their films…

• themange

★★★★★ Rewatched by themange 26 Nov, 2014

First time re-watching and it was years ago that I saw it. Beautifully shot and wonderfully acted. All of the characters are really very static, but it takes the whole movie to realize this. You have Bardem and Tommy Lee Jones as foils with Lewellyn as the somewhat down on his luck middle ground. And although it seems in the begining like he may have found great fortune, it slowly becomes clear that he has made a grand mistake(which was is a way a strike of chance) that will cost either him or the woman he loves everything.

• rangerfan1041

★★★★★ Rewatched by rangerfan1041 26 Nov, 2014

Letter Grade: A+

• smaz

★★★★★ Added by smaz

The only single movie which is perfect in every shot, plot point, character, and music.

There is no other 'perfect' movie made.

• Josh Franks

★★★★★ Rewatched by Josh Franks 24 Nov, 2014

In a cinema with an original reel. Spectacular.

• Ben Lane

★★★★★ Added by Ben Lane

Javier Bardem creates one of the most menacing characters in modern filmmaking, and the Coen brothers are showcasing their talent here.

• Mynt Marsellus

★★★★★ Rewatched by Mynt Marsellus 11 Nov, 2014

I'm super excited to be writing a paper about this. This was probably a contender before I had such a category but this is now a bona fide 5 star film. "...and then I woke up."

• Chris Lay

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Lay 09 Nov, 2014

Woody Harrelson is the only slightly-not-amazing-thing thing about this movie. Finally got around to watching the TV show "based on" FARGO. It was pretty good. Got a few qualms with some plot threads that went nowhere about two-thirds through the season, but Billy Bob Thornton pulls off a better than average Anton Chigurh clone and overall there was more than enough Coen-nerdery happening in there to keep me entertained. Any which way, tossed this one on to more or less wrap up the whole FARGO THE TV SHOW experience. Maybe not my favorite Coen flick, but damned if it ain't their best.

• Matt Moody

★★★★★ Added by Matt Moody

If it wasn't official when this film was released, subsequent films from the Coen Brothers have proved this - they've perfected their craft. The camera tells the story here with sweeping beauty, (Roger Deakins of Shawshank Redemption and all films Coen fame), and the editing work smooths out this bloody tale of lost drug money, an opportunistic coyboy and a hitman wo will stop at nothing to follow his warped ideas of a code.