• CutTheBlueWire

★★★★★ Added by CutTheBlueWire

As faithful an adaptation as is humanly possible, No Country For Old Men transcends its source material through the use of visual storying telling, subtle foreshadowing and a world class performance from Javier Bardem. A truly perfect film.

• Patrick Bateman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Patrick Bateman 24 Nov, 2015

Damn perfect. Never seen a film like this in my life.

• Milo

★★★★★ Watched by Milo 21 Nov, 2015

Film 13/30 of Scavenger Hunt 8.
    Task 16. "A film that has won more than one Oscar!"
    2007 Films Ranked: letterboxd.com/milo123/list/milo-123s-2007-films-ranked/

As someone who's a huge fan of the Coen Brothers movies, it was only a matter of time until I gave No Country for Old Men, one of their most critically regarded movies a go, and now having seen it I can only ask myself - why did I wait that long? Because the film is so damn…

• A.J.

★★★★★ Added by A.J.

"I was sheriff of this county when I was 25 years old. My grandfather was a lawman, father too. Me and him were sheriffs at the same time, him up in Plano and me out here. I think he's pretty proud of that. I know I was."

• meprim

★★★★★ Added by meprim

Call it

• Paul Reese

★★★★★ Added by Paul Reese

Joel and Ethan Coen haven't lost touch with their austere sense of humor in "No Country for Old Men" (as noted by many dialogues and sequences of black comedy), but that's not to say that this isn't their grimmest film to date. Taking the simple premise of the classic western archetype slowly reaching his final days and paralleling it with a cat-and-mouse chase of maliciously thrilling proportions, the Coen brothers have done nothing but created a world falling slowly into…

• Andrew Ferguson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Andrew Ferguson 14 Nov, 2015

There are few films that exist in this world that are on this level of perfection.

• Renato Mendes

★★★★★ Rewatched by Renato Mendes 01 Nov, 2015

"Would you hold still, please, sir?"

• Seb

★★★★★ Rewatched by Seb 16 Nov, 2015

"The coin ain't got no say" (chills through my whole body). Yep, still perfect.

• Angela

★★★★★ Watched by Angela 13 Nov, 2015

A movie, outstanding in its field, of men out standing in fields.

• Kenticus

★★★★★ Added by Kenticus

No Country for All Men is a gritty neo-western focused on the increasing lawlessness of a west Texas region and how the fates of three characters intertwine. When Llewelyn Moss, a Vietnam veteran, is out hunting in the desert he stumbles upon the aftermath of a drug deal gone wrong. Lying along with the bodies, automatic weapons, and a truck full of heroin is a briefcase with 2 million dollars. Taking advantage of his find, Moss takes the briefcase, landing…

• Elijah Davidson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Elijah Davidson 12 Nov, 2015

I can't stop thinking about Spotlight. When I have one movie I can't shake, I sometimes watch another movie that feel thematically relevant to help me process the first one. It's like changing position and getting a read on the first film from a different angle. Does anyone else do this?