• MYates

★★★★★ Added by MYates

Cormac McCarthy's film adaptation of the amazing novel of the same name. What can I say that has not been said already. The Coen brothers are amazing at what they do. Jones, Bardem and Brolin are all perfectly cast in their roles. Can their be a creepier bad guy than Javier Bardem?

One thing that stuck out to me was the minimal use of a score. There are only a few scenes that have any musical accompaniment. This lack of…

• Joel Bakker

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joel Bakker 19 Oct, 2014

Slow and dry and terrifying, like running out of water deep in the desert.

• Jordan Benesh

★★★★★ Watched by Jordan Benesh 11 Oct, 2014

First time seeing it. Ever. Like, really.

• Joe

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joe 15 Oct, 2014

2007 was a hell of a year. what with Zodiac, There Will Be Blood, Atonement, The Assassination of Jessie James but still one movie for me managed to top a parade of masterpieces. The Coen Brother's adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's challenging post modern novel encompasses the ultimate aligning of the stars depicting the mundane, savagery, and beauty of it all.

I love how exhausted Tommy Lee Jones is. He fights the good fight but he's just so tired. A really…

• Ethan

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ethan 12 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Almasa Pecanin

★★★★★ Watched by Almasa Pecanin 09 Oct, 2014

Well...that was nerve-wracking. Brilliant, but absolutely nerve-wracking.

• Jack Caulfield

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jack Caulfield 09 Oct, 2014

Like so many great films, No Country for Old Men is defined by it's moments. Details, so minute in their appearance, that eventually cohere to give greater understanding to a film's themes or message. I spoke about this element of the Coens' work in my recent review of Fargo, however I feel No Country is richer in it's themes as well as it's imagery. There are dozens of quiet moments of brilliance in this film but the one that sums…

• lantio

★★★★★ Rewatched by lantio 05 Oct, 2014 2

The Coen Brothers' No Country for Old Men is, simply put, one of the most suspenseful and well-directed films of the 2000s. It is borderline perfect. With standout performances from Josh Brolin, Tommy Lee Jones, and Javier Bardem, No Country for Old Men is a movie everybody should see at least once in their lifetime. It has a good pace and will leave everybody on the edge of their seat! I can't recommend it enough.

• D'Kota Green

★★★★★ Rewatched by D'Kota Green 29 Sep, 2014

More of Coen Geography project
    - Great double feature with Fargo. Lots of common ground.
    - Their "best" film.
    - Again with the Deakins and Burwell (or absence thereof). The natural score of wind is stunning.
    - "Okay, I'll be part of this world."

• HorsHedBookends

★★★★★ Added by HorsHedBookends

The neo-Western to define neo-Westerns, No Country for Old Men is a work of art that never ceases to amaze.

• Nurderer

★★★★★ Added by Nurderer

Every time I think of a perfect film this movie comes to mind. There really is no scene that is out of place, it's like a Shakespearean play, or a Mozart requiem, every note is in it's right place. It's excellently paced, displays great acting, and overall is just a thrill ride from start to finish. No time is wasted.This is probably my favourite Coen Brothers film. That means I enjoy this film more than The Big Lebowski and Fargo. Now that really means something.

• Jansen Aui

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jansen Aui

You've got to call Law Enforcement. I ain't on their radio.