• Yaron

★★★★★ Rewatched by Yaron 10 Feb, 2016

No Country for Old Men only gets better with time. There aren't many movies I'd give 5 stars. It's rare that I really can't think of anything negative to say about a film. But here we are.

It's a movie about violence and the men who commit it, and their reasons for doing so. About how the human propensity for death and destruction is scary and alien. Anton Chigurh brings only death. We're not ever really sure why, but very…

• Andy Marquis

★★★★★ Rewatched by Andy Marquis 09 Feb, 2016

I never give a movie 5 out of 5 stars when I first see it. The movie needs to GROW to 5 stars (more than likely from a 4 or 4.5 star movie) over time. The Coen Brothers' NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN has grown into a 5 star movie for me.

Based on the fantastic novel by Pulitzer Prize winning author Cormac McCarthy (The Road), NCFOM tells the story of Texas border town Sheriff Ed Tom Bell in the…

• Francisco Bandeira

★★★★★ Watched by Francisco Bandeira 10 Feb, 2016

Antagonista mais interessantes dos últimos anos. A marca autoral dos Coens está lá, desde o humor negro até a violência quase como um propósito de vida. Belíssimo monólogo do xerife, mostrando que aquela terra não é mesmo para velhos.

• Carson Storey

★★★★★ Watched by Carson Storey 08 Feb, 2016

Relentlessly fast paced despite the stunning lack of dialogue. A well written, well shot, and well acted movie that's all around great. Anton Chigurh is an excellent character and on of the best villains of all time from his "principles" to his "air gun". Though this movie doesn't really feel like a Coen movie due to lack of comedy odd or otherwise, it still manages to succeed. An excellent example of a modern western.

• claws00

★★★★★ Rewatched by claws00 08 Feb, 2016

Can't stop whats comin'

• Aaron T. Rex

★★★★★ Rewatched by Aaron T. Rex 07 Feb, 2016 4

Incredible. Every shot - and I really do mean every single shot - looks fantastic. The entire film is flawlessly put together, it is truly the work of masters at the top of their game. From a filmmaking standpoint, this is probably the best thing the Coens have ever created. It's their own thing, while at the same time staying so close to Cormac McCarthy. I haven't read this book, but the dialogue and tone is right out of many of his other books.

• KMOKLER

★★★★★ Added by KMOKLER 4

If ever their was a film that was perfect and got everything (directing, acting, product design, opening, ending, structure and character development) right, its gotta be no country for old men, this is a wonderful, non stop character piece on a number of characters all played brilliantly by a cast better than any other. No country for old men has the man in black himself Tommy Lee Jones playing yet another great part, Josh Brolin awesome as usual and just…

• Cody Marcus house

★★★★★ Added by Cody Marcus house

From the moment this film begins, you know you are in for one of the greatest films ever made, based solely on Tommy Lee Jones monologue. The Coens perfectly capture Cormac McCarthy's crime novel and the dialogue just feels like poetry. Mr. Roger Deakins beautifully shoots west Texas that he captures the area to a T.The Coens perfectly capture the nuance and the colloquial language so well its as if they know exactly how people in this area talk and…

• Jonathan Berkenfield

★★★★★ Watched by Jonathan Berkenfield 02 Feb, 2016

The Coen Brothers have made some great movies. Fargo, O’ Brother Where Art Thou, True Grit, and The Big Lebowski. No Country for Old Men, which has 93% on Rotten Tomatoes, won 4 Oscars in 2008 including best picture and best actor in a supporting role for Javier Bardem and I managed to never getting around to watch it. This film isn’t technically a western, but is set in Texas in 1980 and has a bit of a western vibe to it.

Read more here: bit.ly/BR_NoCountry

• andy

★★★★★ Rewatched by andy 01 Feb, 2016

I haven't seen this Hail, Caesar, so I watched this one as a comedy and I did not laugh very much

• Jack Bower

★★★★★ Added by Jack Bower 10

A bleak, somber, bloody western, No Country for Old Men is the Coen’s at their most serious, and their most quiet.

It’s the ultimate cat and mouse game, one where the huntee hunts the hunter, and they both hunt each other though the empty country, through the land without law. A fence in the opening literally separates the country from the police, it separates the law from the land. It’s a game where the victor stands to win everything, and…

• CureTap

★★★★★ Rewatched by CureTap 06 Feb, 2016

Reviewing the Coen Brothers Filmography

The Coen Brothers Ranked

"What you got ain't nothin' new. This country's hard on people. You can't stop what's comin'. It ain't all waitin' on you. That's vanity."

The world will change, but the nature of man never does. The world will change, but it's not going to wait for you.