• eastwood

★★★★★ Rewatched by eastwood 30 Jul, 2014

This country's hard on people, you can't stop what's coming, it ain't all waiting on you. That's vanity. - Ellis

I don't know what got into me just to give 4 stars the first time I watched.

• Devin Sheridan

★★★★★ Rewatched by Devin Sheridan 28 Jul, 2014

All the vague history between Carson Wells and Anton Chigurh makes me think there is a buddy cop prequel in there somewhere.

• Brian

★★★★★ Added by Brian

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Matt Suppes

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Suppes 27 Jul, 2014

You can't stop what's coming.

This never crossed my mind the first three times watching No Country, but there is almost no soundtrack in the entire film. There are a few ominous beats that barely register to the ear, and the rest is glorious room-tone. There's a brilliant moment where Moss calls the hotel clerk just killed by Chigurh, and we can hear both the beep on Moss's phone and the ringing of the clerk's phone just following, and so…

• chelsea

★★★★★ Added by chelsea

I hated it the first time I watched it, then I tried again in six months and fell in love. Its a masterpiece for real

• MatthewLB

★★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 24 Jul, 2014

Situated near the Mexican border on the Rio Grande, a hunter finds dead bodies, heroin, and a stack of cash, in which trouble ensues the discovery. No Country for Old Men is a brilliant film that it is hard to hate. the acting and the writing superb

• Tristan Goff

★★★★★ Added by Tristan Goff

Ugh everything in this film hits the mark. Easily one of my favorites. SO BADASS. SUCH GOOD ACTING.
    Javier Bardem stays as one of my favorite actors to watch. Ever.

• RedDirect

★★★★★ Watched by RedDirect 23 Jul, 2014

Holy hell, what a ride.

It's been a long time since I've seen a thriller that has gripped me from beginning to end quite like No Country for Old Men. Tommy Lee Jones provides an excellent opening monologue, laying the groundwork for one of the most terrifying and evil characters I've seen in movies. This movie has everything going for it.

Obviously, the three leading men are great. What more can be said about Javier Bardem's performance? His portray of…

• FinbarLanniusII

★★★★★ Added by FinbarLanniusII

I mean, what more can I say about this film that hasn't already been said.

• Josh Larsen

★★★★★ Rewatched by Josh Larsen 18 Jul, 2014

"The coin don't have no say."

My blurb review from 2007.

• Trish

★★★★★ Added by Trish

this was more than a movie to me. it was an experience, a psychological and very depressing experience. i enjoyed every minute of it.

• verónica

★★★★★ Added by verónica

Esta película, no se porque no la había visto antes, pero es tre men da