• Amalia V

Added by Amalia V

I hate myself for laughing aloud at this movie. I don't have anything else to say except that I laughed, multiple times, out loud, at Natalie Portman, about whom I had the conscious thought, "Oh, she's so charming." I don't know. It was really cute. I'm so ashamed.

• Apocryphiliac

Watched by Apocryphiliac 29 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• sho_chan0319

★★★ Rewatched by sho_chan0319 26 Jan, 2011

I liked this better than Friends With Benefits. Friends With Benefits is a better movie but somehow I liked this one better.

• William Eguizabal

★★½ Watched by William Eguizabal 31 Jan, 2011

• David O'Reilly

★★ Watched by David O'Reilly 31 Jan, 2011

When two young, good-looking people decide to start a sexual relationship, one without any emotional or personal entanglements, what could possibly go wrong? Emma (Natalie Portman) is a doctor with no time for a real life of her own, while Adam (Ashton Kutcher) is a television show underling who wants to be a writer. Having known each other on and off since spending a summer together at summer camp fifteen years ago, they decide to enter a casual sex pact,…

• Michael

★★★½ Watched by Michael 29 Jan, 2011

Surprisingly good, intelligent adult comedy with consistently interesting performances by everyone from the stars to extras with only a single line. I actually had planned to skip this movie; I'm glad I didn't.

• Andrew Ford

★★★½ Watched by Andrew Ford 10 Aug, 2014

There's a really strong script here by Elizabeth Meriweather just BEGGING to be executed properly. Had no idea this was directed by Ivan Reitman, but based on the supremely awkward execution of virtually EVERY laugh line - not to mention an absolutely comatose performance from Ludacris and a curiously mean-spirited end-credits montage - nobody told Reitman he was directing this either.

• James Rodrigues

★★ Watched by James Rodrigues 10 Aug, 2014

The first in my "films from 2011 about friends having sex" double bill. Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman lead this installment, but between them lack the necessary chemistry to sell the romance and come off as anything but bland. Still, the script does them no favours, as there is poor characterization and an absence of laughs among this weak writing.

• Gonçalo

★★ Watched by Gonçalo 05 Aug, 2014

Entertaining but 20 minutes too long. Portman was great as always and Kutcher was terrible as always.

• Carolinanz

★★½ Added by Carolinanz

"I'm warning you, if you take one step closer, I'm never letting you go"

• Bob Hovey

★★★ Watched by Bob Hovey 03 Oct, 2011 2

I thought it was gonna be a stupid comedy (was mostly right), I only got it because my wife had a bad day and needed a few laughs, and because Natalie Portman looked amazing in the poster. Turned out to be pretty good ... some witty dialog, a few laugh-out-loud bits, even tender in places. What amazed me most is that Kutcher, whom I've always thought kind of laughable as a actor, is actually pretty good. Kevin Kline is great as his dad. Portman is wonderful, even in the scenes where she's fully clothed.

• Bethany

★★★★ Added by Bethany

Great chemistry between Kutcher and Portman.