• MovieGuru

★★★½ Added by MovieGuru

A casual watch just as much as there is casual sex in this movie. No shame in watching it, merely a time passer but I can't help but compare it with Friends Of Benefit so in my estimation this film goes down a bit because of it.

Portman, as hot and excellent as ever, works well with yep, Ashton Kutcher (for the first time in his entire acting career) in a fairly good romantic comedy.

Enough to make me watch it more than once, anyway. Most probably cum too. Right, Nati?

• István Jakab

★★★★ Watched by István Jakab 09 Sep, 2014

Nati <3

• Peter Cox

★★★½ Rewatched by Peter Cox 05 Sep, 2014

There’s a pleasing role reversal here, and both Natalie Portman and, yes, Ashton Kutcher are utterly charming in their respective roles. Needless to say things turn more complicated than they initially expect. You can probably sketch out the remainder of the film’s story beats without seeing the film and you’re bound to come close to accurate… but predictability is part of the point, remember? Films like No Strings Attached are comforting because of the security they offer.

Read more about my strange attraction to this movie here: thelosthighwayhotel.com/2014/09/05/why-i-love-70-no-strings-attached/

• Jackie

★★★½ Watched by Jackie 01 Sep, 2014

I had zero expectations after seeing "Friends with Benefits" since both had the same premise and were released the same year. The fact Liz Merriweather (one of the creative forces behind "New Girl") wrote it convinced me to give it a shot.
    Once I got past the first 5 minutes of flashbacks, I really enjoyed this. It was refreshing to see Ashton Kutcher in a less self-assured role and the supporting cast (Jake Johnson, Mindy Kaling especially) stole the show for me.

• Amalia V

Added by Amalia V

I hate myself for laughing aloud at this movie. I don't have anything else to say except that I laughed, multiple times, out loud, at Natalie Portman, about whom I had the conscious thought, "Oh, she's so charming." I don't know. It was really cute. I'm so ashamed.

• Apocryphiliac

Watched by Apocryphiliac 29 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• sho_chan0319

★★★ Rewatched by sho_chan0319 26 Jan, 2011

I liked this better than Friends With Benefits. Friends With Benefits is a better movie but somehow I liked this one better.

• William Eguizabal

★★½ Watched by William Eguizabal 31 Jan, 2011

• David O'Reilly

★★ Watched by David O'Reilly 31 Jan, 2011

When two young, good-looking people decide to start a sexual relationship, one without any emotional or personal entanglements, what could possibly go wrong? Emma (Natalie Portman) is a doctor with no time for a real life of her own, while Adam (Ashton Kutcher) is a television show underling who wants to be a writer. Having known each other on and off since spending a summer together at summer camp fifteen years ago, they decide to enter a casual sex pact,…

• Michael

★★★½ Watched by Michael 29 Jan, 2011

Surprisingly good, intelligent adult comedy with consistently interesting performances by everyone from the stars to extras with only a single line. I actually had planned to skip this movie; I'm glad I didn't.

• Andrew Ford

★★★½ Watched by Andrew Ford 10 Aug, 2014

There's a really strong script here by Elizabeth Meriweather just BEGGING to be executed properly. Had no idea this was directed by Ivan Reitman, but based on the supremely awkward execution of virtually EVERY laugh line - not to mention an absolutely comatose performance from Ludacris and a curiously mean-spirited end-credits montage - nobody told Reitman he was directing this either.

• James Rodrigues

★★ Watched by James Rodrigues 10 Aug, 2014

The first in my "films from 2011 about friends having sex" double bill. Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman lead this installment, but between them lack the necessary chemistry to sell the romance and come off as anything but bland. Still, the script does them no favours, as there is poor characterization and an absence of laughs among this weak writing.