• Jacob Fisher

★★★ Watched by Jacob Fisher 14 Oct, 2014

Man I really wanted to love this movie because I'm a big fan of Natalie Portman but this movie is just terrible. I don't know if it has to do with the script or the fact that Ashton Kutcher can't really act that well. The movie has a few moments that was good but for a majority of it was just asking yourself is this movie going to be over soon.

• Kenneth Kriheli

Added by Kenneth Kriheli

This movie goes to show that spinoffs can be better. I mean, Friends with Benefits isn't great, but it still goes leagues further than this junk (even without Mindy Kaling!).

• Joe DiCanio

★★★½ Watched by Joe DiCanio 24 Jan, 2011

Rating: B

• MovieGuru

★★★½ Added by MovieGuru

A casual watch just as much as there is casual sex in this movie. No shame in watching it, merely a time passer but I can't help but compare it with Friends Of Benefit so in my estimation this film goes down a bit because of it.

Portman, as hot and excellent as ever, works well with yep, Ashton Kutcher (for the first time in his entire acting career) in a fairly good romantic comedy.

Enough to make me watch it more than once, anyway. Most probably cum too. Right, Nati?

• István Jakab

★★★★ Watched by István Jakab 09 Sep, 2014

Nati <3

• Peter Cox

★★★½ Rewatched by Peter Cox 05 Sep, 2014

There’s a pleasing role reversal here, and both Natalie Portman and, yes, Ashton Kutcher are utterly charming in their respective roles. Needless to say things turn more complicated than they initially expect. You can probably sketch out the remainder of the film’s story beats without seeing the film and you’re bound to come close to accurate… but predictability is part of the point, remember? Films like No Strings Attached are comforting because of the security they offer.

Read more about my strange attraction to this movie here: thelosthighwayhotel.com/2014/09/05/why-i-love-70-no-strings-attached/

• Jackie

★★★½ Watched by Jackie 01 Sep, 2014

I had zero expectations after seeing "Friends with Benefits" since both had the same premise and were released the same year. The fact Liz Merriweather (one of the creative forces behind "New Girl") wrote it convinced me to give it a shot.
    Once I got past the first 5 minutes of flashbacks, I really enjoyed this. It was refreshing to see Ashton Kutcher in a less self-assured role and the supporting cast (Jake Johnson, Mindy Kaling especially) stole the show for me.

• Amalia V

Added by Amalia V

I hate myself for laughing aloud at this movie. I don't have anything else to say except that I laughed, multiple times, out loud, at Natalie Portman, about whom I had the conscious thought, "Oh, she's so charming." I don't know. It was really cute. I'm so ashamed.

• Apocryphiliac

Watched by Apocryphiliac 29 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• sho_chan0319

★★★ Rewatched by sho_chan0319 26 Jan, 2011

I liked this better than Friends With Benefits. Friends With Benefits is a better movie but somehow I liked this one better.

• William Eguizabal

★★½ Watched by William Eguizabal 31 Jan, 2011

• David O'Reilly

★★ Watched by David O'Reilly 31 Jan, 2011

When two young, good-looking people decide to start a sexual relationship, one without any emotional or personal entanglements, what could possibly go wrong? Emma (Natalie Portman) is a doctor with no time for a real life of her own, while Adam (Ashton Kutcher) is a television show underling who wants to be a writer. Having known each other on and off since spending a summer together at summer camp fifteen years ago, they decide to enter a casual sex pact,…